GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Scoring goals is innate? Thats some next level hockey voodoo.
Yes, it is innate to a large degree. Anyone can look good in practice and most guys can score ugly goals like Gallagher from 2 feet away but not many guys can drive to the net at full speed with a defender hacking at him and still put it in the top corner. That takes actual, born-with-it talent.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro has Zadina on the air right now. Marinaro seems to be trying really hard to get these guys to slip up and say something they shouldn't and they're not falling for it. Zadina said he knows Pleky pretty well.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
My opinion for the record is this:

If you care and want the best for the franchise going forward

Take the WINGER...

LET THE NEXT GM find the CENTER you couldn't find in 7 years.....times up.....

Let the next GM find the centers......

DRAFT THE WINGER

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Common sense.

Laws of average and every thing. Im not going to sit here and pretend hes a god and better than anyone, hes pretty much doing just as good as anyone else in the league though. Also calling Kostitsyn a bust because the 2003 draft was great is like saying couche tard slush is bad because puppies better.
10/10 analogy.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My opinion for the record is this:

If you care and want the best for the franchise going forward

Take the WINGER...

LET THE NEXT GM find the CENTER you couldn't find in 7 years.....times up.....

Let the next GM find the centers......

DRAFT THE WINGER

If you want the best for the franchise take the similarly ranked player in the least valuable position in hockey?

Weird premise.

Reactions: NoQuinn

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
If I were GM:

Patches and 2nd (#38) this year + McCarron for LA Pick #20 and Vilardi (LA like big guys and may bite on McCarron)

take #20 and #56 and prospect like Sherbak and move trade with the Oilers at #10

Take Zadina at #3
Take Kotkaniemi, Hughes or Bouchard at #10

We need to walk out if this draft with THREE not ONE key building blocks for the future:

Vilardi
Zadina
One of Kotkaniemi, Hughes or Bouchard

That COULD be a GREAT day for this team.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I take Zadina you can find a center that might turn out to be as good as Kokaniemi like Rasmus Kupari with the 1st rounder you get back for Pacioretty and if there is a center you want like Ty Dellandrea late in the first round you could move a couple second round picks.

Saxon

Demigod
Mar 9, 2015
I take Zadina you can find a center that might turn out to be as good as Kokaniemi like Rasmus Kupari with the 1st rounder you get back for Pacioretty and if there is a center you want like Ty Dellandrea late in the first round you could move a couple second round picks.
Or you could get similar wingers like Berggren Bokk Farabee later on the first round..........

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Common sense.

Laws of average and every thing. Im not going to sit here and pretend hes a god and better than anyone, hes pretty much doing just as good as anyone else in the league though. Also calling Kostitsyn a bust because the 2003 draft was great is like saying couche tard slush is bad because puppies better.
Excuse me sir but puppies slushy is trash. Unless I'm eating it wrong like a moron, it turns into flavorless ice halfway through the drink for me.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If I were GM:

Patches and 2nd (#38) this year + McCarron for LA Pick #20 and Vilardi (LA like big guys and may bite on McCarron)

take #20 and #56 and prospect like Sherbak and move trade with the Oilers at #10

Take Zadina at #3
Take Kotkaniemi, Hughes or Bouchard at #10

We need to walk out if this draft with THREE not ONE key building blocks for the future:

Vilardi
Zadina
One of Kotkaniemi, Hughes or Bouchard

That COULD be a GREAT day for this team.

I agree about making a splash and trying to get as many top picks but that trade with the Oilers does absolutely nothing for them
They need defense, not Scherbak and a late 2nd round pick!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Neither of them can do anything without a proper center.

Ryan Johansen or James Neal????

no...

What i'm sayin is the guy who passed over Forsberg at 3 to get his center Gally 27 the 5th ranked in the draft, ended up with a winger Domi ranked 10th...

The same guy who said the answer is in the room...our dfense was better or as good...Is now the same guy who is ready to do the same pass 3 and go for 5 again,only this time 5 is probably more like 11th or 14th in the real world ....

Same mistake will be made..only difference? when the next GM is stuck with KOTA he be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for .him,..

So what im saying is take the guy who is the sniper and can score goals ......and let the next GM worry about finding centers,...we dont need another fail at trying to find the center

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurentide

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
no...

What i'm sayin is the guy who passed over Forsberg at 3 to get his center Gally 27 the 5th ranked in the draft, ended up with a winger Domi ranked 10th...

The same guy who said the answer is in the room...our dfense was better or as good...Is now the same guy who is ready to do the same pass 3 and go for 5 again,only this time 5 is probably more like 11th or 14th in the real world ....

Same mistake will be made..only difference? when the next GM is stuck with KOTA he be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for .him,..

So what im saying is take the guy who is the sniper and can score goals ......and let the next GM worry about finding centers,...we dont need another fail at trying to find the center

The fail was in deployment and development.. not in the selection and the guy who was rated 3rd fell very far down the draft board and was also traded.

Your argument doesn't work and it also ignores the fact that both Galchenyuk and Kotkaniemi are and were present on multiple lists as better than the winger counterpart.

Also we are going on 20+ years with a lack of a center.. so it's not as simple as letting someone else deal with it.

Saxon

Demigod
Mar 9, 2015
no...

You act like Zadina is clearly better than Kotkoniemi. And allot of people disagree. I think they are pretty equal, as are a few others but Kotkaniemi plays a more valuable position. What if we draft another scoring winger.... And we watch Kotkaniemi become the big, hard nosed, first line centre we've missed since...... Forever.......

Reactions: Clearedwaivers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad