GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lardis would be a great pick at 33. 3rd best shot in the draft behind Bedard & Michkov IMO. Super soft hands and skates like the wind. If he learns some D, we got ourselves a wish.com Bedard

We’re for sure going for someone with a safe game… plays all 3 zones and works hard

LePerilsofPerreault

Mar 20, 2022
Tryna get away, man
Wahlberg is my top pick right now. Has been shooting up the draft boards; power winger who can score. Skating needs a little work but he could be a top six power winger to complement fellow Swede Carlsson.
I’m with it. A player I overlooked but I was just checking him out based off comments and I can see the potential.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wahlberg is my top pick right now. Has been shooting up the draft boards; power winger who can score. Skating needs a little work but he could be a top six power winger to complement fellow Swede Carlsson.
I’d agree with this, prob the ideal pick here.

I’ve liked ziemmer for a while…. But 33 seems too high for him(not sure he’ll be there at 59/60) but I have seen mocks where we did get him that late

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So we really need a power forward type… and a pure sniper type.

Still wouldn’t mind us grabbing garland… specially if it’s for essentially nothing

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I am hoping he has a Brent Burns progression. He might not be natural or creative to reach Brock Nelson type of level, but his offensive game would be very advanced as a defenseman. He’s got a rocket shot… a lot of attributes similar to Burns, with size and physicality.

Maybe I’m just desperate to find our #1 dman that we’ve never drafted. Our defense pool is offensively gifted but I don’t think they have that defensive/physical compete to be a franchise #1.

Are we talking about Danny Nelson? Nelson is converted from defenseman to the wing. He's going to be drafted as a forward, not defenseman.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
not that meaningful or anything but just kinda an interesting quirk how the Ducks haven't had a ton of shoot-first centres over their history. Carlsson certainly isn't that

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
not that meaningful or anything but just kinda an interesting quirk how the Ducks haven't had a ton of shoot-first centres over their history. Carlsson certainly isn't that
I think McTavish will develop into that shoot-first center. That is his strength. Carlsson-McTavish as 1/2C's is actually extremely balanced...probably more so than Fantilli-McTavish would have been.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think McTavish will develop into that shoot-first center. That is his strength. Carlsson-McTavish as 1/2C's is actually extremely balanced...probably more so than Fantilli-McTavish would have been.
yeah MacT is the one shooter i had in mind, although his playmaking is a lot better than i expected

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Are we talking about Danny Nelson? Nelson is converted from defenseman to the wing. He's going to be drafted as a forward, not defenseman.
He’s been playing center. I think he is interesting since he literally can play all over the ice. Burns was drafted to be a power forward but moved to defense with the wild. Nelson best position might be defense. Or maybe I’m just dreaming since we missed out on Fantilli and Edstrom today.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
So who do we want with our 3 second rounders?
We take Anton Wahlberg at 33. Another 6-3 swede who projects to make an impact in the middle 6.

We take Andrew Gibson at 59. A physical defensive defenseman. One of the best in the draft in his role. He needs to move the puck better but we have good pairing for him in the future.

And at 60 we take whoever is left put of goalies Trey Augustine/Michael Hrabal/Jacob Fowler/Adam Gajan

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Anton Wahlberg is who I think they'll go with as well. I could see them going Heidt or Nelson as well. Halttunen and Cristall would be fun gambles.

I think I'd go with Nelson, moves well for a giant. Could be a stud power forward

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Was out for most of the night, but after all the buildup and the numbers he put up in the Dub this year, I'm pretty surprised to still see Cristall on the board headed into Day 2.

Also, even if D isn't necessarily a need, I'm a big Lucas Dragicevic guy. Wouldn't mind if he's the guy at 33.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Was out for most of the night, but after all the buildup and the numbers he put up in the Dub this year, I'm pretty surprised to still see Cristall on the board headed into Day 2.

Also, even if D isn't necessarily a need, I'm a big Lucas Dragicevic guy. Wouldn't mind if he's the guy at 33.
This line speaks for itself on Dragicevic "His physical play is nonexistent"

Furthermore, why would we draft the one positional type we already have too many of? Even if he becomes great he might not benefit the Ducks unless he surpasses prospecta ahead in development. Meanwhile you have talents that teams would not trade you available at 33. Sure, if he's available later, which he won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad