GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well /shrug idk what I want anymore… everyone I was hoping for at #33 officially gone

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’m leaning for us to go for Edstrom or Nelson if available. With us prioritizing hockey sense I can’t see us picking Hulttanen. We also haven’t drafted small players in a really long time so I can’t see Brindley either, or even Heidt/Lardis.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah with what's left, his size and scoring ability definitely intrigues. Edstrom seems interesting, Sawchyn as well.

I also don't know that the big goalie Hrabal isn't the highest upside play left. Never huge on using early picks on goalies unless they are special, but he looks pretty damn good.

That's my list of four, so that we are guaranteed a shot at least one haha.

Edstrom reminds me of a bigger Lundy, but slower Lundy. Halttunen is slipping b/c he was rushed to the top tier men's league, but destroyed the U20 going a goal per game (18g + 6a). I would see Halttunen as a longer project, but he'd be great as a PF. I like Sawchyn, but he might be tiny for Verbeek?

I think we can grab a different 6'6 goalie at 59, 60, or 65 with Damian Clara.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Even though we're flush with defense prospects, I'd be happy taking Strbak at 33 just because I think he projects pretty safely as a solid stay at home D.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
My top 5 for 33 are probably:
Wahlberg
Rehkopf
Nelson
Halttunen
Strbak

Of course they won't take any of them.
Nope… probably a small players from the Q since we I’ve that league… like Gauthier, or softer slower offensive dman like Morin.

But at guess at this point I’m hoping for Nelson even though he can be another signability problem or bust like Colangelo.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m leaning for us to go for Edstrom or Nelson if available. With us prioritizing hockey sense I can’t see us picking Hulttanen. We also haven’t drafted small players in a really long time so I can’t see Brindley either, or even Heidt/Lardis.

Halttunen isn't going to be playing center to where hockey sense is most valued. We have three playmakers in Zegras, McTavish, and Carlsson. Halttunen is a power forward RW who's a goal scoring machine. Potentially has the highest upside for taller forwards. Although, he does have one big red flag - he had a concussion to start the season.

I do like F Nelson. He's a slow burn gamble. Maybe not stay a center as he lacks top playmaking skills.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
If the Ducks are serious about getting more Top 6 forwards into the prospect pool, I say you take the risk on Cristall. He won't be there at the end of the 2nd round and he's got big upside, with trainable downside. If the Ducks want to go with a safe pick regardless of position, I think Strbak is going to play lots of games.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Halttunen isn't going to be playing center to where hockey sense is most valued. We have three playmakers in Zegras, McTavish, and Carlsson. Halttunen is a power forward RW who's a goal scoring machine. Potentially has the highest upside for taller forwards. Although, he does have one big red flag - he had a concussion to start the season.

I do like F Nelson. He's a slow burn gamble. Maybe not stay a center as he lacks top playmaking skills.
I am hoping he has a Brent Burns progression. He might not be natural or creative to reach Brock Nelson type of level, but his offensive game would be very advanced as a defenseman. He’s got a rocket shot… a lot of attributes similar to Burns, with size and physicality.

Maybe I’m just desperate to find our #1 dman that we’ve never drafted. Our defense pool is offensively gifted but I don’t think they have that defensive/physical compete to be a franchise #1.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Wahlberg, Nelson, Sawchyn, Heidt those are really all really good prospects with not that much work needed to make the NHL, but whose upside is perhaps limited to more of a support scoring role. Then there's one of the best goal scorers in the draft in Ziemmer, but he's projecting to be awfully slow in the NHL.

Still all the goalies left, so one top-3 G prospect could very well be available for the Ducks in the later 2nds. They're fairly equal with ups and downs this year and with how hard goalies are to project.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wahlberg, Nelson, Sawchyn, Heidt those are really all really good prospects with not that much work needed to make the NHL, but whose upside is perhaps limited to more of a support scoring role. Then there's one of the best goal scorers in the draft in Ziemmer, but he's projecting to be awfully slow in the NHL.

Still all the goalies left, so one top-3 G prospect could very well be available for the Ducks in the later 2nds. They're fairly equal with ups and downs this year and with how hard goalies are to project.
I’m hoping for Gajan with our late 2nd…. Or Clara later. We definitely need a goalie… our youngest goalie now is 21… so we need another in the queue.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Wahlberg is my top pick right now. Has been shooting up the draft boards; power winger who can score. Skating needs a little work but he could be a top six power winger to complement fellow Swede Carlsson.

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad