GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Kane will be as big a blow to the Hawks as most think.

They can't replace him, but they do still have great wings out the yin-yang and Vermette helps their center situation considerably.

I don't think so either. Their strength has been in wingers and D.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
No.

Two things.

1. Cost
2. Yandle is a much better offensive D-man at 50% retention.

I don't think Yandle is Duclair better than Coburn. mAybe at 50% cap.

Basically the reurns are close...

Moore + 2016 1st + 2015 2nd and Gudas + 2015 1st + 2015 3rd. With the NYR first being in 2016 making up for the 3rd being a 2nd.

But I don't think the difference between the two is Duclair for a 4th. I really don't. The 50% retained I guess evens it out,

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Anyone else feeling that the eastern conference playoffs are going to be a bloodbath this season? Everyone's loading up.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I had a dream last night that we traded Sutter for 2nd round draft picks this year and next and then traded one of those 2nd's, Craig Adams, and Kuhnhackl to Carolina for Semin @ 50% salary retention.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Kane will be as big a blow to the Hawks as most think.

They can't replace him, but they do still have great wings out the yin-yang and Vermette helps their center situation considerably.

You mean the whole reason they have those two cups? That's a huge missing piece who always comes up big. He should have both MVP's. When you shine that kind of light on it they are very much a question mark.

Could they do it without him? I don't know, there's no precedent set. Toews gets beat on pretty heavily and that's where Kane took over. Saad is good, but he's no Kane.

They usually drop Hossa down to the 3rd. This year is going to be a test for them when teams have one less super star to shut down.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I'm surprised Petry only went for a 2nd and a 5th, that seems low considering the previous trades for def.

Yeah, even though he's a UFA that seems like peanuts compared to Yandle/Coburn though that extra year probably gives them a higher chance at resigning if the teams are interested.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You mean the whole reason they have those two cups? That's a huge missing piece who always comes up big. He should have both MVP's. When you shine that kind of light on it they are very much a question mark.

Could they do it without him? I don't know, there's no precedent set. Toews gets beat on pretty heavily and that's where Kane took over. Saad is good, but he's no Kane.

They usually drop Hossa down to the 3rd. This year is going to be a test for them when teams have one less super star to shut down.

It won't be a cakewalk, especially in the West. But I'm sure not writing them off like some are.

They still have a great roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad