GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And I think Philly completely shafted Tampa.

I'd rather have Gudas than Coburn

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Hell, I thought Connolly would be waiver fodder earlier this year given Tampa's depth, but they stuck with him and got a couple 2nds. That's awesome. I'm in awe of Tampa.

Totally. They didn't even have to sell 'HIGH' on Connolly and got back two seconds.

Just goes to show what reputation means on the market.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
And I think Philly completely shafted Tampa.

I'd rather have Gudas than Coburn

Philly got a good deal, but it's one the Lightning could afford to make to get a 6'5", 20 minute per, all-situations defenseman.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hell, I thought Connolly would be waiver fodder earlier this year given Tampa's depth, but they stuck with him and got a couple 2nds. That's awesome.

I'm in awe of Stevie Y and Tampa.

Yeah, they sort of killed themselves with that Coburn deal. I think he's one of the most overrated defensemen in the league. Gudas on the other hand is one of the most underrated.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Totally. They didn't even have to sell 'HIGH' on Connolly and got back two seconds.

Connolly showed some good things this year, but he could never really be part of their long-term plans.

Fantastic asset management IMO.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

The thing Connolly will always have is slick skill. I'm not sure if Boston is the type of team that brings it out of him though.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Josh YoheVerified account
‏@JoshYohe_Trib After talking with some in Pens org today, they'd like to make a move. But extreme seller's market/cap will make it difficult.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, they sort of killed themselves with that Coburn deal. I think he's one of the most overrated defensemen in the league. Gudas on the other hand is one of the most underrated.

I like Gudas (he's a real *******), but Coburn gives them more in a few areas. Those versatile minute-munchers are important, and TB didn't really have many.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Anyone else think the Coburn trade is better for TB than Yandle is for NYR. I don't think in a vaccum Yandle is that much better than Coburn if at all.

I think Arizona got the far better package in return.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I like Gudas (he's a real *******), but Coburn gives them more in a few areas. Those versatile minute-munchers are important, and TB didn't really have many.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Coburn as that guy I'm highly confident marching out there 25 mins a game in the playoffs. He doesn't produce enough points to be an offensive defenseman, and he isn't hard enough to play against to be a shutdown defenseman. I am not a huge fan of him.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Coburn as that guy I'm highly confident marching out there 25 mins a game in the playoffs. He doesn't produce enough points to be an offensive defenseman, and he isn't hard enough to play against to be a shutdown defenseman. I am not a huge fan of him.

I think he can be good in a jack-of-all-trades role though. Hedman and Stralman can do some heavy lifting, and Coburn can be sort of a secondary guy.

But I understand what you're saying...he isn't great at anything.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
LOL at that Coburn trade.. What was Yzerman thinking there?? Btw, Gudas is not that good but getting that return for an overrated Coburn is crazy. I´m pissed.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Can someone send me a TSN link? If you send me a link you will have a special place with Letang in my heart, that's not easy to get folks !
EDIT: Got one in seconds, thanks !

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Connolly and Coburn...absolutely ridiculous. I hope we stand pat if those are the prices.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anyone else think the Coburn trade is better for TB than Yandle is for NYR. I don't think in a vaccum Yandle is that much better than Coburn if at all.

I think Arizona got the far better package in return.

No.

Two things.

1. Cost
2. Yandle is a much better offensive D-man at 50% retention.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Kane will be as big a blow to the Hawks as most think.

They can't replace him, but they do still have great wings out the yin-yang and Vermette helps their center situation considerably.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, I don't see them losing Kane being catastrophic either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad