GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
In case anyone is interested ... Sportsnet is live streaming their show on their website. I'm in the US and am able to watch it.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
No, it's the fact that he can't win a board battle to save his life, he's a terrible possession player, he's soft and he doesn't have the offense to make up for those shortcomings. His defensive awareness, shot and faceoff skills are basically the only things that are above average for him.

Right, all of that which you stated makes him a less than desirable offensive juggernaut. If the Pens deal him it will be because they want to change the role of the 3rd line center. With Sutter that role is solid defensive play, and PK work. Anything else from Sutter (Offense) is a bonus. I mean the guy weighs 195lbs in soaking wet gear. The main problem and point I'm trying to make is who would be better at that price point, and what team is willing to give "him" up for what PIT has to offer???

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Didn't Crosby also have a maintenance day recently? Maybe related to something else?

Crosby has a lower-body injury he's been dealing with since before the all-star break, and something Sid himself has said has been an issue in straight lines and in the corners. But I don't know if it's related to that. I thought he looked off (and was shaking his head/neck a lot yesterday) after that hit. Just speculating anyhow.

penguins2946*

Right, all of that which you stated makes him a less than desirable offensive juggernaut. If the Pens deal him it will be because they want to change the role of the 3rd line center. With Sutter that role is solid defensive play, and PK work. Anything else from Sutter (Offense) is a bonus. I mean the guy weighs 195lbs in soaking wet gear. The main problem and point I'm trying to make is who would be better at that price point, and what team is willing to give "him" up for what PIT has to offer???

We already have a guy that would be better in Spaling. Sutter doesn't have the physicality to be a shutdown 3rd line center and doesn't have the offense to be a scoring 3rd line center. He's a really poor fit as a 3C.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Probably, or they're just testing him out because they've finally learned to be hyper cautious... it's probably an injury. Yesterday I meant to predict an injury, though.

Interesting that Ehrhoff and Bortuzzo and Downie are working out too.

Do they have practice today?

EDIT:

The answer is yes they have practice. Maybe just getting extra reps in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad