GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
trading Sutter for Petry is like trading Morrow for Morrow.

You might really like Petry and you might really hate Sutter, but Brandon Sutter has more value than a 2nd-round pick and a conditional 5th.

This is why it's bad asset management. If you're going to move Brandon Sutter, maximize that value. Not some UFA Dman who you don't actually need.

and I would appreciate if certain people would use more caution when using the quote button. <3

penguins2946*

Why do you exaggerate? It's really not necessary. Adams is really bad. Sutter is average and soff. That's not really bad. He's an average 3C with an important last name. People will pay for that. If he is moved, it shouldn't be for a rental dman.

Well that can't even happen anymore, so it's a moot point. Sutter has been a 4C quality center for most of this season. He's not Adams bad, but he's still bad.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Trading Sutter for a rental isn't great asset management. Especially since Sutter still has a year left.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sutter is really bad, and I really like Petry. It wouldn't be straigt up, we probably would have gotten a pick or prospect along with Petry.

Talk out of Edm today...they don't want ANY players that can make them better RIGHT NOW.

Sutter COULD conceivably make them better today, so they won't want him until the summer.

I think the ONLY thing we might be able to do with Edmonton is a Jarry/Yakupov type swap. It hurts them now, which they want, and it gives them a potential No. 1 goaltender for the future. And Yak is an RFA, too.

The only problem is they're re-signing Derek Roy apparently, and that is viewed as a move directly related to Yak. The duo have been very good together.

Michael8771*

If we're trading Sutter, I want Matthias and Kassian. Obviously we'd have to add a small piece, but I'd be for such a deal.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I really don't know. The only way I'd bring in any top-6 forward is if we move someone else out. Kunitz out and Stewart in for really cheap is what I'd try to do. Does it make us worse? Yeah, probably, but we can restock our pick pool somewhat.

You need to make up your mind. If you don't think we have a chance to compete now, why even bring in Stewart? We should probably just look to sell off all our pieces to stock the pool.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Penner replacement?

B_GmBaKWwAAtafx.jpg

Not even joking

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
trading Sutter for Petry is like trading Morrow for Morrow.

You might really like Petry and you might really hate Sutter, but Brandon Sutter has more value than a 2nd-round pick and a conditional 5th.

This is why it's bad asset management. If you're going to move Brandon Sutter, maximize that value. Not some UFA Dman who you don't actually need.

and I would appreciate if certain people would use more caution when using the quote button. <3

I'm just having fun.

penguins2946*

You need to make up your mind. If you don't think we have a chance to compete now, why even bring in Stewart? We should probably just look to sell off all our pieces to stock the pool.

Because it's not out of the question that he could come in and fit in really well with out top-6 forwards. I wouldn't want to pay a good price to bring him in to see if he fits, but for cheap, sure. While unlikely IMO, it's not impossible that he could be a really good fit.

Talk out of Edm today...they don't want ANY players that can make them better RIGHT NOW.

Of course, adding any good players hurts their tank.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I do think we need some more stability and physicality on D. I think our forward group is actually pretty solid. They just need to be used in the right situations:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Comeau - Malkin - Beau
Kunitz - Sutter - Winnik
Spaling - Lapierre - Downie

^^^^ That's a darn good lineup ^^^^

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Don't have a link but I have some rumors from Sportsnet. But I'm not gonna say them cause I don't have a link.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I do think we need some more stability and physicality on D. I think our forward group is actually pretty solid. They just need to be used in the right situations:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Comeau - Malkin - Beau
Kunitz - Sutter - Winnik
Spaling - Lapierre - Downie

^^^^ That's a darn good lineup ^^^^

I agree mostly. On paper, that is very solid. However, the 1st line goes unnoticed more often than I would prefer. Perron, despite his goal last night, has struggled a bit lately.

I dont necessarily mind Kunitz on the 2nd line but yes, the 3rd line is better for him. The 4th line looks really nice.

Can Winnik play center? I wonder if Sutter can play wing? Swap those two and see what happens for a few games?

penguins2946*

Now that would be something. I don't think Montreal wants to be outdone by Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad