GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Tradecenter:
B_GjiZfWwAACc5-.jpg

That is all.

Gotta say .. when I woke up this morning, I never considered that "llama anus" would be on the menu.

Thanks for that lol

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Chris Johnston was asked about PGH and said with little cap room Pens may have to make a bigger deal and teams say Sutters name has been thrown around. Looking for a top 4 dman. Said nothing about a forward.

penguins2946*

Don't do it JR. Just play Pouliot.

But he doesn't :laugh: What exactly are you expecting from your 3C? Not many teams in the league have a better 3C.

To actually be able to win a board battle? To not look like a fringe NHL player in 75% of games?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Meanwhile, the Pittsburgh media...

I feel like I've read this statement about 436 times in the last couple of days.

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. They are the kings of reporting nothing. They never break any deals for us either so you have to take them saying we are or are not close to a deal with a grain of salt.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
You misunderstood me. I wouldn't be arguing that, he's a bottom pair D. I'm just saying people who only look at advanced stats to judge a player may try to argue that.

Yeah, if they are not smart. If they cannot tell how small of a sample his TOI is and how that can arbitrarily effect numbers they probably shouldn't be using advanced stats to begin with.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Sutter and Kunitz to LA for Stoll and Williams? Add picks and salary retention to even it out? Just spitballing. Probably unreasonable from LA's point of view

As much as I would like to move Sutter. Id still take him over Stoll. I think we have two pretty good internal replacements in Winnik and Spaling.

Sutter + picks and prospects for a top 6 guy is really the only trade I want to happen.......and its not very likely

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
fyi: i don't need Josh Yohe or any other Pittsburgh Media Moron to confirm my knowledge for me. I know what I know, and I trust what I know far far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than what they claim to know.

No twitter, no opinion.

I'd be an awful GM and I always realize that at the TDL when my standards continuously drop. :laugh:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Sutter doesn't outright suck but he's a mediocre possession player and he's a fair bit overpaid. I don't think he's killing the team or anything but looking to move him in a package for some kind of upgrade at forward seems reasonable enough to me.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. They are the kings of reporting nothing. They never break any deals for us either so you have to take them saying we are or are not close to a deal with a grain of salt.

It really seems like they're doing home office and have to prove to their employer that they are awake and doing "work stuff". :laugh:

penguins2946*

sportsnet, but if so I'd float a 4th for Stewart for sure.

At that price, you really couldn't complain about getting Stewart. He has a ton of warts, but for a 4th, you really can't complain.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Everybody talks about Sutter's possession numbers as the main reason to move him, or the main reason why they don't like him, etc.

What about his lack of consistency? His lack of jam. His Houdini act?

To me that's the bigger issue. That, and his complete lack of creating offense for his wingers.

I'd really like to change the whole dynamic of the third line, making it a third scoring line.

But that's me.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Hearing the return Coburn got for Philly, maybe we should shop Martin. What could a package of Sutter and Martin bring? ROR?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
At that price, you really couldn't complain about getting Stewart. He has a ton of warts, but for a 4th, you really can't complain.
Yeah, but it would only make sense for us if we would have the other deal in the sleeve. Like Kunitz/Sutter for a TOP4 D. I mean, who would sit if we got a Stewart? Adams is benched now, Sill is gone and we have a legit 4th line now. It´s not like we need another forward (for the first time in million years we can say this)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bro, we can't do that! Adams would get in the lineup! We have no replacement 3C! Kunitz's production can't be replaced!

Sorry, just repeating what has been told to me so far in this thread.

Eh, Sutter's highs can't be replaced without a trade but on average he can be replaced by Spaling. Kunitz just needs to go unless they're going to give him shots of adrenaline between shifts, and Adams getting back in is a nightmare but they could probably afford someone else with the cap space opened up.

sportsnet, but if so I'd float a 4th for Stewart for sure.

Hell, I'd do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad