GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everybody talks about Sutter's possession numbers as the main reason to move him, or the main reason why they don't like him, etc.

What about his lack of consistency? His lack of jam. His Houdini act?

To me that's the bigger issue. That, and his complete lack of creating offense for his wingers.

I'd really like to change the whole dynamic of the third line, making it a third scoring line.

But that's me.

He really doesn't seem in-tune with Pittsburgh.

penguins2946*

Yeah, but it would only make sense for us if we would have the other deal in the sleeve. Like Kunitz/Sutter for a TOP4 D. I mean, who would sit if we got a Stewart? Adams is benched now, Sill is gone and we have a legit 4th line now. It´s not like we need another forward (for the first time in million years we can say this)

The issue is what top-4 D is available? The deal I thought would work is Sutter for Petry, but that's not possible anymore. I'd probably do that if Stewart was really cheap, but idk what D we could bring in.

YinzAintBurgh*

Stoll is a older version of Sutter with less point production... Make it happen! :sarcasm:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Everybody talks about Sutter's possession numbers as the main reason to move him, or the main reason why they don't like him, etc.

To me that's the bigger issue. That, and his complete lack of creating offense for his wingers.

I'd really like to change the whole dynamic of the third line, making it a third scoring line.

But that's me.

Well, it's the HOLE PACKAGE.

1) He's a possession black hole...

2) Okay, but... what about physicality? Nope, no physicality...

3) Okay, but... what about offense? Can he streak down the wall and fire a wrister 10 times a game? No?

4) Okay, but... does he make his linemates better? No?

5) well......... is he great defensively? I mean, he's not bad, but...

Yea, it's all of it combined. You can't check one thing off where he's better than good. And most of the check boxes are 'below average'

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY

But that's me.

My sentiment as well. If your 3rd line C isn't driving possession, or making life miserable for the other teams scorers then...what's his point? He's just a warm body.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com

But that's me.

I get what you're saying, but the last time the Pens rolled with three high scoring centers it ended poorly, haha. We'll probably have to wait til the offseason to see meaningful change at 3C.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The issue is what top-4 D is available? The deal I thought would work is Sutter for Petry, but that's not possible anymore. I'd probably do that if Stewart was really cheap, but idk what D we could bring in.

You really hate Sutter if you would trade him for Petry. That's awful asset management.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
No, but he's a lot better playoff performer than Kunitz is. The stats don't lie.

Obviously, he has been. I can't disagree with what history/stats show. But all good things come to an end sometime. Everyone is always stuck on past stats as if they will just stay the same forever. Maybe you're right tho, i dunno. We're all just predicting. I just don't see a Kunitz-Williams trade making sense for both teams at all. Time will tell. Then when it doesn't happen this will all be even more pointless.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Everything about Chris Stewart and BUF screams too little too late.

Stewart deals with his locker room and healthy scratch issues and gets productive, but it is less than a month before TDL.

BUF drops the price (originally 2nd + prospect) on Stewart the day of TDL only after most forwards - Winnik, Glencross, Cole, etc - have been moved.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, I don´t know either. But anyway, who would you sit out of our current lineup if we are adding a Stewart somehow?

penguins2946*

You really hate Sutter if you would trade him for Petry. That's awful asset management.

Sutter is really bad, and I really like Petry. It wouldn't be straigt up, we probably would have gotten a pick or prospect along with Petry.

YinzAintBurgh*

Stoll is a face-off wizard that wins a 50/50 puck battle more often than the lottery. Sutter is soff.

All those won puck battles and hasn't hit 30 points in last 4 seasons seems to be paying off! :sarcasm:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

But that's me.

He's complacent as **** and weak, he needs a kick in the ass that I don't see this team providing. When he's on his shortcomings are tolerable but when he's off it's brutal.

And Steigy/Errey nailed it when they said he's weird for a centre in that he's the shooter and needs to be set up to do that to be effective, he also needs everyone else to do the board work for him. He's a 3.3M trigger man at C on the 3rd line who can PK and is solid defensively when he doesn't need strength.

penguins2946*

Yeah, I don´t know either. But anyway, who would you sit out of our current lineup if we are adding a Stewart somehow?

I really don't know. The only way I'd bring in any top-6 forward is if we move someone else out. Kunitz out and Stewart in for really cheap is what I'd try to do. Does it make us worse? Yeah, probably, but we can restock our pick pool somewhat.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Stoll is a 4C on a competitive team. He's also likely to cost more than his value is because LA has no reason to move him. (Top 6 winger for Stoll + pick?)

Stoll is not a better player than Sutter. And if the Pens are at the point that Stoll is the only option, I'd rather they roll Spaling or Winnik and get a cheaper fourth liner to replace Adams.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sutter is really bad, and I really like Petry. It wouldn't be straigt up, we probably would have gotten a pick or prospect along with Petry.

Why do you exaggerate? It's really not necessary. Adams is really bad. Sutter is average and soff. That's not really bad. He's an average 3C with an important last name. People will pay for that. If he is moved, it shouldn't be for a rental dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad