GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Why do you exaggerate? It's really not necessary. Adams is really bad. Sutter is average and soff. That's not really bad. He's an average 3C with an important last name. People will pay for that. If he is moved, it shouldn't be for a rental dman.

I Quoted this for truth. People are spolied from Staal. Sutter is fairly average. he can play better when he isnt trying so hard on O, as we saw last postseason. he hasnt filled out as expected yet. he has hieght but not size.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
wtf happen to Tyler Kennedy (Kennedy)'s hair?

RP9nQEz.png

He's molting?

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
And what is that exactly?

See... Jordan Staal (although not a true 3rd line center) set the bar very high for 3rd line centers in Pittsburgh. Sutter is not Jordan Staal, therefore Sutter sucks. If the Pens choose to move Sutter, it will not be because he sucks. It will be because the team wants to change the role of the 3rd line center. Sutter is solid defensively and a bit above average in the faceoff circle also, but the fact that he doesn't register a point on the score sheet every game he "sucks" in certain peoples opinion. Now I certainly think there are other 3rd line centers out there with a higher upside in the scoring department, but none of them make $3m/season like Sutter. Going after a player that performs well both defensively and offensively (aka Staal) would cost at least $6m/yr... plus I'm not sure too many teams would be willing to make a Sutter+Kunitz+??? for a "Staal like player" trade. If you're a Pens fan it sounds like a winner of course, but the best thing to do is look at it from the other teams perspective first.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
I agree mostly. On paper, that is very solid. However, the 1st line goes unnoticed more often than I would prefer. Perron, despite his goal last night, has struggled a bit lately.

I dont necessarily mind Kunitz on the 2nd line but yes, the 3rd line is better for him. The 4th line looks really nice.

Can Winnik play center? I wonder if Sutter can play wing? Swap those two and see what happens for a few games?

Sutter is not a very good wing and is much better on FOs than Winnik.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Sutter is not a very good wing and is much better on FOs than Winnik.

Ah ok. I honestly dont know much about Winnik. He looked good last night and Im glad we got him but dont know much about him.

As for Sutter, I havent seen him at wing so I wasnt sure. He plays more like a winger than a center so figured it might be worth a shot.

No worries. Just spitballing.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Guys I'm just gonna say what they're saying On SN. They said (if I heard correctly) leopold could possible go to the caps or another team I didn't get the name of.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
See... Jordan Staal (although not a true 3rd line center) set the bar very high for 3rd line centers in Pittsburgh. Sutter is not Jordan Staal, therefore Sutter sucks. If the Pens choose to move Sutter, it will not be because he sucks. It will be because the team wants to change the role of the 3rd line center. Sutter is solid defensively and a bit above average in the faceoff circle also, but the fact that he doesn't register a point on the score sheet every game he "sucks" in certain peoples opinion. Now I certainly think there are other 3rd line centers out there with a higher upside in the scoring department, but none of them make $3m/season like Sutter. Going after a player that performs well both defensively and offensively (aka Staal) would cost at least $6m/yr... plus I'm not sure too many teams would be willing to make a Sutter+Kunitz+??? for a "Staal like player" trade. If you're a Pens fan it sounds like a winner of course, but the best thing to do is look at it from the other teams perspective first.

If we had a 3rd line that was strictly a shutdown line he'd be great but we dont. Maybe the playoffs kick him in to gear like last year. He seems like a casual guy and maybe the regular season just doesnt do it for him.

penguins2946*

It will be because the team wants to change the role of the 3rd line center. Sutter is solid defensively and a bit above average in the faceoff circle also, but the fact that he doesn't register a point on the score sheet every game he "sucks" in certain peoples opinion.

No, it's the fact that he can't win a board battle to save his life, he's a terrible possession player, he's soft and he doesn't have the offense to make up for those shortcomings. His defensive awareness, shot and faceoff skills are basically the only things that are above average for him.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Did anyone just hear someone swearing in the background on the TSN feed? I may be hearing things...

Their TDL coverage seems like a CF sometimes.

Pretty sure Bob McKenzie had a solid hour last year where he was on his phone and trying to broadcast. No idea where his co-anchor was.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Sutter's face offs have improved to average but he is still weak on the puck, has no physicality to speak of and has trouble scoring 30 points a season.

Sutter doesn't suck in comparison to Staal, he just sucks. Scoring a few big goals in last years Jackets series doesn't change his overall product while being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad