NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Suzuki needed to shoot 18% to match Nico’s production. If he doesn’t increase his shot rate, he will likely be around 20-25 goals next year
I was surprised to see Suzuki ranked ahead of Hischier

Both are for sure top 20 C’s but I don’t get what all the fuss is about

Reactions: Xirik

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Suzuki needed to shoot 18% to match Nico’s production. If he doesn’t increase his shot rate, he will likely be around 20-25 goals next year
Wishful thinking.

Suzuki didn't matched Hischier production, he surpass it by 10 pts while playing for a bottom 5 team.

Suzuki progressed pts wise every single season so far in the NHL, no reason to think, the trend won't continue. He hasn't miss one single game so far in his NHL career, he's a rock.

Reactions: Wayfarer13

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
and Nico needed to play on a team who scored 32 more goals than Mtl to match Nick production

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
NHL Network producers and analysts on Wednesday revealed their list of the top 20 centers in the League right now.

It’s not for upcoming season, it’s as of today.

Best right now is always has a mixture of what’s happened recently and reasonable projections of how things will continue.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
But nobody is playing hockey right now, duh.
Thanks tips, it’s based on what we know from the previous year, or are you just being obtuse on purpose. You’ve already been shown to be wrong, that it’s not based on next year.
It’s not based on career or next year, but carry on whining if you must. It’s basically a Swede sticking up for his Swede guy.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I see another way is works is Panthers fans hide behind their stars' injuries in '23 and in '24 they chest thump and ignore their opponents'....

;)

Lolwut?

Does Edmonton have two top 4 defenseman about to miss the first few months of the season due to surgery? Did one of “mcdrai” go down with a broken sternum?? Did their 3rd line 2-way guy have a broken leg? Panthers most likely still lose that series if healthy (Staal brothers, White on the 4th line, amongst other reasons), but the injuries didn’t help.

What were the big bad injuries to Edmonton that compares to the Panthers’ injuries last year?? Other than fatigue because their coach wore “McCain” TF out?

Lmao, what a post. Oil fans in this thread are almost as bad as they were prior to the start of the series.

Draisaitl had a broken finger and broken rib. Kane was unable to play at all because of his sport hernia. McDavid was playing through an abdominal injury that hampered his ability to shoot the puck all year.

....as I was saying.....

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Wishful thinking.

Suzuki didn't matched Hischier production, he surpass it by 10 pts while playing for a bottom 5 team.

Suzuki progressed pts wise every single season so far in the NHL, no reason to think, the trend won't continue. He hasn't miss one single game so far in his NHL career, he's a rock.
For people caring about context

Suzuki
GP G A Pts
82 33 44 77

Hischier
GP G A Pts
71 27 40 67

Hischier has a career high of 80 pts

Suzuki has a career high of 77 pts

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Best right now is always has a mixture of what’s happened recently and reasonable projections of how things will continue.
I also think they just add the "right now" part as a token description for these ratings when it's clear that some of the people who contribute to it are basically projecting this upcoming season.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Suzuki plays on a first line and is generally matched against first pairing defensemen.
Nico plays on second line and is generally matched against second pairing defensemen.

Reactions: viceroy

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
....as I was saying.....
yeah, Panthers were all golden. I'll give you Kane, you're out of your mind if you think anything else remotely stacks up...but enjoy lala land if you do. I mean, McDavid had a core injury but could get behind a boat a couple weeks later? That engages the core in a big way.

Panthers also had a 10 day lay off, no team has won the Cup after that long of a wait. Iow, I had concerns with Vegas, Edmonton was never a concern. Healthy Kane or not. Now the D is worse and the forwards are softer, but ya do have the best player in the world. He changes the game for the Oil.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
beavis & butthead excited.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I rarely agree with rankings lists such as this one, but I think it's a solid one. Glad to see Zibanejad and Suzuki getting proper respect.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki is shooting high because he's not a volume shooter, he picks his spot. If he shot the same as in 2022-2023 he would've scored 30. If he shot his career average he would've scored 26. Your argument is bad.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not sure about Zibanejad and Matthews is clearly too high, he should be 6 or 7 but thats a pretty fair list all things considered.
Yep. Like, this might be the first time ever I've seen a Top [x] NHL.com list and thought..."that seems pretty reasonable?"

Like, we can quibble with moving a few guys a couple spots up or down. But the right names are on the list and in the general ballpark of the right placement too.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You need help from the cherry stats picker?
Cherry picker or not he has the knack to find stats from websites while I struggle.

If you can provide accurate "quality of competition" and other defensive and miscellaneous stats please go ahead, I honestly want to know what they are. I'm not trying to "win".

This is the HF equivalent of calling in a tactical nuke on Habs fans
mel-gibson-broken-arrow.gif

"Broken Arrow," meaning "unit in danger of being overrun,"

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad