GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Hope can be a beautiful thing, and it's free. All you have to do is give it a shot.
Or unrealistic expectations or false hope can lead to misery.

There's less than a handful of teams that we have any realistic chance of surpassing (50/50):
- Senators
- Blue Jackets
- Blackhawks
- Sharks

But even the Hawks and Sharks made big moves this summer while we picked up some AHL/PTO contracts and Dumoulin.

If the Ducks place better than the bottom 5 Verbeek would spin it as a major win to 'competitiveness.'

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Or unrealistic expectations or false hope can lead to misery.

There's less than a handful of teams that we have any realistic chance of surpassing (50/50):
- Senators
- Blue Jackets
- Blackhawks
- Sharks

But even the Hawks and Sharks made big moves this summer while we picked up some AHL/PTO contracts and Dumoulin.

If the Ducks place better than the bottom 5 Verbeek would spin it as a major win to 'competitiveness.'
Who's to say it's false? If the team is awful again, there will be plenty of misery. As a fan, it's way more fun to be hopeful and excited about the season now. The hope isn't going to make it any more painful.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That would be nice. But given how they treated him last year I have my doubts they send him down. Hope I’m wrong.

The org kept Luneau with the NHL club for two reasons: 1) weight lifting and 2) Luneau wasn't age qualified to play in the AHL outside of a conditional stint. Working out the first half of the NHL season did help Luneau gain mass.

Luneau's knee infection that knocked him out of the WJC-20 and the second half of his season derailed his development and hockey activity. Because Luneau only had 7 NHL games and 6 AHL games all of last season, I'd rather take the slower approach so his body can get accustomed to getting hit and the speed of the game.

Reactions: lwvs84

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Luneau is in for a big year. I bet he spends most of it in the NHL
I just took over for a dynasty league team and Luneau was one of my trade targets. Hope but also think you're right. If reports are he's looking healthy and bigger without losing a skating step, I see no reason why he can't pick up where he left off at least on an extended try out basis.

Last edited:

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Wasn't it Luneau who was complaining sometime in late spring that the Ducks wouldn't let him on the ice even though his injury woes had mostly gotten better and instead insisted that he sticks to strength training at the gym? I think that's what we're seeing here.

You don't gain that much muscle mass in one summer.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I just took over for a dynasty league team and Luneau was one of my trade targets. Hope but also think you're right. If reports are he's looking healthy and bigger without losing a skating step, I see no reason why he can't pick up where he left off at least on an extended try out basis.
I'm suspitious that he will be rusty for a while. He has missed a lot of hockey, and weight is not everything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad