NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
*Sees Tage isn't on the list*
20240806_014236.jpg

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Seeing EP ranked over Miller is like seeing Matthews over McDavid wtf.

Not only is it backasswards, but there needs to be at least several players between them.

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Blues fans will be pissed that Suzuki is ahead. Some were so insulted that they were being compared in another thread.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Zibz
Suzuki
Bedard

Over Hischier? Okay..

Larkin I will say is more of a toss up and I really don't know much about Thomas.

I don't think Suzuki is wildly outlandish. I wouldn't argue with anyone taking Hischier over him. It's definitely a reasonable comparison.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They're both really close, no wrong choice, idk why Xirik feel so insulted by that notion
Did you not read the thread?

one of the usual suspects mocked my post without even quoting me so I pushe back, The other ones appeared and did the same so again I respond in kind.

@Sasha Orlov disagreed with me, I disagreed with him. that was the end of it.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Agreed. I said McDavid was number 1. I also stated that a team built around Barkov defeated a team built around McDrai, because it’s a fact we can’t ignore. Top 3 centerman can do that to the number 1. Top 5, they tend to live for the handshake lines in the second round at best.

This isn't basketball. The rest of the team matters.

Didn't Barkov lose to a team with a centre out of the top 5 last year.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.

Honest question.

How would you value regular season vs playoffs when you evaluate a player? 70/30 50/50?

Any reasonable answer drops Matthews significantly vs McD, Drai, Barkov and Mackinnon.

He has been a great regular season player but his inability to get it done when it matters has to count against him, no?

Reactions: Duke74

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Hischier is better then Suzuki, its's not complicated. the only people who think differently are some Hab's fans.

Did you not read the thread?

one of the usual suspects mocked my post without even quoting me so I pushe back, The other ones appeared and did the same so again I respond in kind.

@Sasha Orlov disagreed with me, I disagreed with him. that was the end of it.
You don't have to act like they don't deserve to be in the same conversation :laugh:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Pretty good list. Mcdavid over Mack at the top. Then you can always argue between the next 3.

Then the next 7 with Crosby, Point, Pettersson, Eichel, Aho, Hughes and Miller are pretty even aswell. I feel like they are close enought I wouldnt argue if one where put over the other.

Then you have Bedard who still have something to prove to take the step up to the next group. He might just skip it entirely and jump in to the conversation with the top 5 next year.

Then you have the rest of the group where several could be made an arguement for being top 20. Like Barzal, Scheifele, Kadri and Kopitar etc.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I see another way is works is Panthers fans hide behind their stars' injuries in '23 and in '24 they chest thump and ignore their opponents'....

;)
Lolwut?

Does Edmonton have two top 4 defenseman about to miss the first few months of the season due to surgery? Did one of “mcdrai” go down with a broken sternum?? Did their 3rd line 2-way guy have a broken leg? Panthers most likely still lose that series if healthy (Staal brothers, White on the 4th line, amongst other reasons), but the injuries didn’t help.

What were the big bad injuries to Edmonton that compares to the Panthers’ injuries last year?? Other than fatigue because their coach wore “McCain” TF out?

Lmao, what a post. Oil fans in this thread are almost as bad as they were prior to the start of the series.

• Love
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Lolwut?

Does Edmonton have two top 4 defenseman about to miss the first few months of the season due to surgery? Did one of “mcdrai” go down with a broken sternum?? Did their 3rd line 2-way guy have a broken leg? Panthers most likely still lose that series if healthy (Staal brothers, White on the 4th line, amongst other reasons), but the injuries didn’t help.

What were the big bad injuries to Edmonton that compares to the Panthers’ injuries last year?? Other than fatigue because their coach wore “McCain” TF out?

Lmao, what a post. Oil fans in this thread are almost as bad as they were prior to the start of the series.
Draisaitl had a broken finger and broken rib. Kane was unable to play at all because of his sport hernia. McDavid was playing through an abdominal injury that hampered his ability to shoot the puck all year.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Zibz
Suzuki
Bedard

Over Hischier? Okay..

Larkin I will say is more of a toss up and I really don't know much about Thomas.
Their is nothing wrong putting Suzuki, Larkin and Thomas over Hischier.....those are all similar pieces

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Not last year, and it isn’t a career listing, JT is better atm.
So you are saying that JT Miller is better than Mitch Marner also because he had a down year?

Miller is 31 years old, he will be washed up soon. When Miller was in EP40s age he scored 18 points in NHL lol.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
But it is a projection for this upcoming season and Pettersson will bounce back and outscore an aging Miller
NHL Network producers and analysts on Wednesday revealed their list of the top 20 centers in the League right now.

It’s not for upcoming season, it’s as of today.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Suzuki is the more dynamic player and trending up year on year. Suzuki is also a tremendous defensive player. And very durable.

You guys need to quit your crying! lol Its just a poll by NHL.com. Its not the end of the world.
Suzuki needed to shoot 18% to match Nico’s production. If he doesn’t increase his shot rate, he will likely be around 20-25 goals next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad