NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
So Caufield and Slafkovksy are worse then Palat, Meier, Mercer, and Bratt?

I'll listen to the people who voted overwhelming for Hischier over Suzuki instead of You

Better two way player?

FvKHZtAXoAADtt5

View attachment 902678

P.S you can make image's smaller in case you didn't know.

You talking about 2022 poll in 2024?

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
It's the only one available and it supports my argument. If you think that it's outdated and wrong then feel free to make a new one.
Then dont use it for your argument. You realize its been 2 seasons and a half since? Thats more than half of these guys' career. And are you comparing a center playing on a number 2 line when all the attention is on Hughe's line to a center whos 2nd is so bad that other teams just plain ignore it, allowing them to concentrate their best defensive pair against him?

Reactions: viceroy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sweet lawd has Bedard gotten overrated. The media need to chill on the hype campaign, the guy who was demoted to 13th forward at the world championships is not the 13th best center in the world. Maybe he's a top 15 offensive center, but he's easily the worst defensive center in the league. And I'm using the term center generously, as he doesn't even really play the position. He constantly cheats for offense and is usually the last man back. He played as a winger last year for all intents and purposes.

Also, Hischier behind Zibanejad, Suzuki, and Bedard is hilarious.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Sweet lawd has Bedard gotten overrated. The media need to chill on the hype campaign, the guy who was demoted to 13th forward at the world championships is not the 13th best center in the world. Maybe he's a top 15 offensive center, but he's easily the worst defensive center in the league. And I'm using the term center generously, as he doesn't even really play the position. He constantly cheats for offense and is usually the last man back. He played as a winger last year for all intents and purposes.

Zibanejad and Bedard I agree. Suzuki IMO is pretty on par with Hischier.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Zibanejad and Bedard I agree. Suzuki IMO is pretty on par with Hischier.
Last 3 years

Hischier
222gp 79g 207p +27
58 ES goals
152 ES points
54.4% faceoffs
68 penalties drawn vs 18 taken (+50)

Suzuki
246gp 80g 204p -54
49 ES goals
130 ES points
49.8% faceoffs
73 penalties drawn vs 42 taken (+31)

Hischier is a fair amount better offensively (especially at ES) while being an elite shutdown center.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Last 3 years

Hischier
222gp 79g 207p +27
58 ES goals
152 ES points
54.4% faceoffs
68 penalties drawn vs 18 taken (+50)

Suzuki
246gp 80g 204p -54
49 ES goals
130 ES points
49.8% faceoffs
73 penalties drawn vs 42 taken (+31)

Hischier is a fair amount better offensively (especially at ES) while being an elite shutdown center.
Again very similar. Suzuki also is on a bottom 5 team. I really don’t think there’s much that separate the two other than quality of support. I do slightly prefer Hischier myself but I don’t think it’s ridiculous if someone thinks Suzuki is better.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
That is a solid top 20. Not much I disagree with.

Suzuki at #16 lol love to see it

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Hischier is exactly where he belongs. NHL.com actually got this one right.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Xirik

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hischier is exactly where he belongs. NHL.com actually got this one right.
He's not behind those guys lol.

Dude missed 11 games and was still t-17th in ES scoring among centers while being an elite defensive player. Hard to argue he's any worse than 15th.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's not behind those guys lol.

Dude missed 11 games and was still t-17th in ES scoring among centers while being an elite defensive player. Hard to argue he's any worse than 15th.
You can make a case for Bedard as i think he was overrated in this valuation. But the rest are absolutely ahead of Hischier based on the past year.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How on earth is Zibanejad ahead of Hischier based on last year?

Zibanejad had 35 ES points to Hischier's 49, despite playing 9 more games.
Because of his performance in the playoffs. You can't deny how dangerous he was every time he was on the ice. He was a difference maker when it mattered.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Suzuki is better than Hischier. Bedard will be easily.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Because of his performance in the playoffs. You can't deny how dangerous he was every time he was on the ice. He was a difference maker when it mattered.
Like when he went goalless in his last 11 games? Or when he went scoreless in 5 of 6 games in route to being eliminated by the Panthers? Finished the series with 0 goals 2 assists.
Suzuki is better than Hischier.
No he's not lol
Bedard will be easily.
But not yet

Reactions: Xirik

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Like when he went goalless in his last 11 games? Or when he went scoreless in 5 of 6 games in route to being eliminated by the Panthers? Finished the series with 0 goals 2 assists.

No he's not lol

But not yet
I think you need to get over it. lol

Suzuki obviously ahead of Hischer. I like Zib better than Hischier based on offensive potential but i ca see if you like Hischier better.

But he list is a pretty good one. (except Bedard)

Yet every Ranger fan in this thread seems to be confused about his inclusion. Perhaps you know better then them.:dunno:
Of course i do.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think you need to get over it. lol

Suzuki obviously ahead of Hischer. I like Zib better than Hischier based on offensive potential but i ca see if you like Hischier better.

But he list is a pretty good one. (except Bedard)
If Suzuki is obviously better, why does Hischier consistently out-produce him with while being the better defensive center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad