NHL: Around the League 53

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Another year, another Welcome to the NHL vid. Not much Hawks stuff here compared to last year (alot of that is themselves not picking a couple of these kids) but there is a Bedard cameo. And Marshawn Lynch is a trip. :laugh:

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Crow

May 19, 2014
Sexually assaulted a 12 year old girl as an 18 year old.
What I find very strange -

Why is it Russian people are willing to accept him as a pro hockey player? I highly doubt it’s because they are just that not judgemental. Do they just not know?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What I find very strange -

Why is it Russian people are willing to accept him as a pro hockey player? I highly doubt it’s because they are just that not judgemental. Do they just not know?
Russia is a very different place. The KHL is still the Wild west and they're an incredibly conservative country by North American standards.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I can't believe he's walking away from six million he's not gonna get half that in Russia.
the exchange rate of rubles to dollars is only really pertinent if you are planning on doing international trade in a market denominated by dollars. just as an example, the average cost per square foot to buy an apartment in dc is almost twice as much as it is in moscow. he may lose out on absolute exchange value in the abstract, but in relative terms he probably won’t be missing out on much purchasing power (assuming he strikes big oil oligarch money).

then you can also consider that he’s likely bringing a pretty hefty nest egg of american dollars into a market where they exchange favorably against the local currency.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its widely known Russian players get perks/$ under table from certain KHL owners

So, when a big name goes back to Russia, they are getting taken care of

Its naive to not think its happening

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Flames' new arena to be called Scotia Place, because Canada has only five or so companies.

And okay, Scotia is better than Scotiabank, but Place is a marked step down from Saddledome.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8961.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68

Crow

May 19, 2014
Damn I would have bought some if I had the opportunity. Always thought they had pretty cool looking gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad