GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
New concept.

At next year’s Combine, all these draft guide and list mongerers should be assigned a table.

First, they get drilled by reporters (the select few that will ask tough questions).

And for the 2nd wave, they’ll have to face the players they ranked, especially the ones they listed low. Those one-on-one exchanges would be epic and could tell teams more about a player’s feistiness than spirit animal questions.
Better idea is they should start this new concept of yours tomorrow and also televise it. Would give us something entertaining to watch while we wait for the SCF to finally start.

The official trailer of when McCagg meets Sennecke at the event. :)

200w.gif

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
If some team I'm not a part of sent me a questionnaire to do as homework I wouldn't be doing it either lol.

I mean, it's a good way to not get drafted by the team you ignored, maybe it's exactly what he wanted or maybe he's just that dumb and he really "forgot, lol".

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I mean, it's a good way to not get drafted by the team you ignored, maybe it's exactly what he wanted or maybe he's just that dumb and he really "forgot, lol".
Yeah exactly. If I’m at a job fair and I don’t bother doing what one potential employer asked me to do, I can’t expect that employer to be interested in me.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
26 pages and counting and they've done exactly nothing at this Combine yet.

We waiting until Saturday for measurements and the testing?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
26 pages and counting and they've done exactly nothing at this Combine yet.

We waiting until Saturday for measurements and the testing?
The most important part of the combine isn't really the tests, it's the interviews and generally the only time you'll get any useful tidbit about the interviews is after the draft when teams talk about the players they drafted and how impressed they were by something in the interview like Slaf's living alone and cooking his own meals at 14.

For fans there really just isn't much to follow/care about.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Seems like some feel it’s only downside for them and no upside if they do the testing. They’ll use any excuse deemed valid to bow out.

We forget sometimes that the players have agency in this process too.
True. And if you only have tiny little girl muscles like Sennecke, you'd definitely want to keep that on the down low...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad