GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You like the NHL teams list but you don't have access to that. All you can find is 1/10 scout has him in the top 5. It's a reach bud.
Why do you keep omitting that you said no credible list has him top 10 after it was pointed out that 30% of the teams in that poll have him in their top 10?

To say any of the top 14 is a reach at #5 in this 2024 draft is plain foolish. It's one thing those wiriting up the lists will all agree on.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why do you keep omitting that you said no credible list has him top 10 after it was pointed out that 30% of the teams in that poll have him in their top 10?

To say any of the top 14 is a reach at #5 in this 2024 draft is plain foolish. It's one thing those drafting up the lists will all agree on.

Bob and Mckeen's list has him 14th. Those are creditable lists to me. You're spinning back that 1/10 narrative within Bob's context but Bob's creditable list has him 14th when he sums up several scouts opinions. I understand what you are trying to say, I just don't agree with it. You can trust the 1/10 guy if you want. I won't.

It would would be reach to take Sennecke 5th. I think there is high probability you can get him 8-13 if you trade down and if our scouts like him, that's what I see Hughes doing.

2-13 in this draft is not predictable but they are not all BPA's from 2-13. There are differences in the waive of talent.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You like the NHL teams list but you don't have access to that. All you can find is 1/10 scout has him in the top 5. It's a reach bud.

3 scouts out of 10 polled had him in their top 10.

Iginla had no 5th overall votes from those top 10, would he be a reach?

And it was in may, Mckenzie’s final list comes out in 2 weeks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
3 scouts out of 10 polled had him in their top 10.

Iginla had no 5th overall votes from those top 10, would he be a reach?

Well the other poster said 1/10 and I went with that but if my memory is correct, he said top 5. I don't know about you but I like the consolidated list Bob makes.

I have Sennecke 8-13 range so your 3/10 narrative of top 10 fits more.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He keeps avoiding that and replaces it with 1/10. He must be a politician. LOL!

Nah... I was not the one who first said 1/10. Wasn't that you?

Relax. Didn't you or someone say 1/10 had him top 5? Then another poster said 3/10 had him top 10. That's not the same statement.

3/10 having him top 10 fits my range more. I have Sennecke 8-13.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Well the other poster said 1/10 and I went with that but if my memory is correct, he said top 5. I don't know about you but I like the consolidated list Bob makes.

I have Sennecke 8-13 range so your 3/10 narrative of top 10 fits more.
No, the other poster said one had him at 5.

2 others had him in their top 10.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, the other poster said one had him at 5.

2 others had him in their top 10.

Exactly? At the end of the day, Bob's consolidated result is 14th. A lot of other scouts had it ranked worse which pushed it to 14th correct?

I'm trusting Bob's consolidated list more than each individual scout. Is that really that hard to understand? I guess it is if you really like Sennecke because you don't like seeing him ranked 14th on both Bob's and McKeens list?

In fact, I have Sennecke a bit higher than 14th. I have him 8-13th. I bumped it a bit but not 9 spots bud.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That is incorrect.

Back in May, Bob Mckenzie said that at least one scout had Sennecke at 5.

Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Parekh, Helenius, Dickinson, Buium, Yakemchuk and Sennecke were all named by at least one scout working for a NHL team as a top 5 pick.
Montreal will have tough choice if Demidov, Lindstrom and Levshunov are gone at 5. If Hughes is going Sennecke or Ignila for that matter, I probably would trade back couple of slots and pick up an asset to reduce cost of Zegras or Necas. If he is interested in them. Still get Sennecke and Necas at half price

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Nah... I was not the one who first said 1/10. Wasn't that you?

Relax. Didn't you or someone say 1/10 had him top 5? Then another poster said 3/10 had him top 10. That's not the same statement.

3/10 having him top 10 fits my range more. I have Sennecke 8-13.
I said both but you kept responding with 1/10 to posts that I stated 3/10.

You have too many debates going all at once. :laugh:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Exactly? At the end of the day, Bob's consolidated result is 14th. A lot of other scouts had it ranked worse which pushed it to 14th correct?

I'm trusting Bob's consolidated list more than each individual scout. Is that really that hard to understand? I guess it is if you really like Sennecke because you don't like seeing him ranked 14th on both Bob's and McKeens list?

In fact, I have Sennecke a bit higher than 14th. I have him 8-13th. I bumped it a bit but not 9 spots bud.
Bob’s final list isn’t even out yet.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here we learn that a few of the Combine tests will be performed before Saturday and what they are. Then, the tests from Saturday are depicted.

Other than that, TwitterX mongerers have all but become desperate and bored at the lack of anything substantive coming out from the Combine and have been resorting to flashback-type posts, which by now have become repetitive.

Perhaps there is a better way for the Combine to roll out next time and make it more interesting from the get-go instead of the dribs and drabs we’ve been getting.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I said both but you kept responding with 1/10 to posts that I stated 3/10.

You have too many debates going all at once. :laugh:

Doesn't change the main point bud. I was talking top 5 and I believe you started the conversation with one scout having him top 5? Is this correct? If not, it doesn't change much. Bob's consolidated list has him 14th. So does McKeen. :loony:

Do you have any other credible list where Sennecke is top 5? Bounce is forward. We already know you read Bob's context in what each scout said but we also know Bob calculated formula has him 14th. That's a wide spread difference between 14 and 5.

I have him 8-13. Those 3 scouts who said top 10 fits my narrative of 8-13 but it does not fit my top 5 which is where this conversation started.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
@Schooner Guy

This is where our conversation started. Why did you add the top 10 narrative after your hostile BS coming in hot stance? It was a top 5 conversation. Read my post that you first replied to.

Also, why do you think this has "likely increased since the lottery edition of the poll was released". Where is the context to support that?

Also, Bob released his top 15. When is he releasing the rest and do you think he changes his top 15? That I am wondering about.

401xJuK.png

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Doesn't change the main point bud. I was talking top 5 and I believe you started the conversation with one scout having him top 5? Is this correct? If not, it doesn't change much. Bob's consolidated list has him 14th. So does McKeen. :loony:

Do you have any other credible list where Sennecke is top 5? Bounce is forward. We already know you read Bob's context in what each scout said but we also know Bob calculated formula has him 14th. That's a wide spread difference between 14 and 5.

I have him 8-13. Those 3 scouts who said top 10 fits my narrative of 8-13 but it does not fit my top 5 which is where this conversation started.
So public lists which are largely opinions of non-hockey people are credible lists. However NHL teams lists are not credible. Only Bob's roll-up of those NHL teams lists is credible. Got it!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd say stop feeding the time waster, they're going Demidov Lindstrom Sennecke in order.

They're just coping.

Agreed. I’m sure they like Iginla but Sennecke’s profile is intriguing.

On that note, doesn’t Bob have his final list the week of the draft? Also, I think Pronman has his final mock soon which tends to be pretty spot on.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Reminder Bob has Bustniemi at #5 ! He's not a god by any means

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Neither Bob's or McKeen's list are final yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad