GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Read something on X today that chatter has Habs are not focused on Iggy - was about Lindstrom vs Catton

There is no "chatter" other than media clowns and wannabe's sharing their opinions.....like zero, there never is.

THW is like if a bunch of us in the draft thread had our own site. We would have absolutely no connection to league sources, so anything would be speculation. Only our speculation would be better because we follow the team, so it's even less accurate since they don't follow teams closely and make their guesses off their list solely.

Same with Dobbers....have you seen their crew? lol

Reactions: Runner77

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
There is no "chatter" other than media clowns and wannabe's sharing their opinions.....like zero, there never is.

Same with Dobbers....have you seen their crew? lol
most of these guys/girls are very young have zero connections or insider info working out of there room/parent basement not going to bash there work or opinions because in the end is isn’t that most worst than actually pro, but some of them just stick to the consensus or just repeating info found somewhere… But good on them they have a websites and channels there doing something they enjoy.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Hey, the combines are June 3rd to 8th ... better change the title. The players in the Memorial cup will need to sleep and catch an early flight!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I started (back) 2 years ago after Covid doing pushups and situps daily.. started at 5ea and added 1 each day until 50-50/day and havent stopped since.. now it's easy and takes no time at all like 15min (no breaks).. incredible the difference in the gut and biceps/pecs, and so easy.... you just gotta start, go slow, and in no time youll be enjoying it..

And im an old guy, turning 50 soon.
Yep, was in great shape a couple of years ago. Long Covid and frozen shoulder knocked me out. Now I’m back on my program again.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's annoying, but at the same time I really understand and appreciate the enthusiasm and excitement. So just rolling with those with that frame of mind helps. :DD
It's completely understandable given our last few off seasons.
There really is nothing else to discuss and there really aren't too many candidates for that 5th pick.
I had my hunch months ago and I'm not saying much about it anymore. I mean nothing has changed since.
The player stepped up when it counted most while at the same time it's very hard to gauge a player who just hasn't played.
Like most I do believe we will get a very good player regardless.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
most of these guys/girls are very young have zero connections or insider info working out of there room/parent basement not going to bash there work or opinions because in the end is isn’t that most worst than actually pro, but some of them just stick to the consensus or just repeating info found somewhere… But good on them they have a websites and channels there doing something they enjoy.

I am not saying they shouldn't do it....just that they suck at it and somehow we have all sorts of posters on this board that think that these opinions mean anything more than sports based water cooler talk in the work place.

And yes, they are much worse than the pro's and pretending that criticism is unfair when they put it out there for the public to view is absurd....that is how the world works and that is a good thing.

Reactions: Runner77

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would not watch it......entirely uninteresting and virtually meaningless. I am more than content to read the measurements the next day and the rest really doesn't matter.

Now, if they broadcast the interviews......I'm in lol.
Me either. I'm not looking to make myself feel like shit when they're in 10x the shape I'll ever be in. :laugh:

Baysick

May 17, 2024
I always like seeing the combines for various sports. Just another piece of the total puzzle when it comes to evaluations, even if it’s not going to make a difference in draft position it’s still pretty interesting to some. Is there no media coverage or streaming of this event at all?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I always like seeing the combines for various sports. Just another piece of the total puzzle when it comes to evaluations, even if it’s not going to make a difference in draft position it’s still pretty interesting to some. Is there no media coverage or streaming of this event at all?

There will be some coverage. The athletic draft podcast is my recommendation

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, but sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. If lots of outlets and publications start claiming the Habs have interest in Catton then maybe it is true. To be he’s the dynamic plsyer likely to be available at 5, I don’t care about an inch.

I think Catton is 100% going to be on the board at 5. I like him but I prefer one of Demidov or Iggy. Then Lindstrom. Catton is in the Lindstrom waive or the one after it. I wouldn't be surprised too much if the Habs draft him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad