GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'll have the same question I had with Michkov then.

Why? lol

and a follow up question.

Why it always gotta be us? lol

Draft dynamic?
A likely scenario would be:
-One Dman picked in the top3
-One of Lindstrom or Demidov picked in the top3
-Demidov DND on CBJ list

So it come down to what Chicago and Anaheim do, if one of them pick Demidov, both Demidov and Lindstrom will likely be gone at #5. But if one of them of them pick Lindstrom, Demidov is likely to slide to 5.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The Demidov stuff out today has to be a smokescreen. I think there is a lot of jostling and chatting going on for the picks held between 2-5

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We coped a month last year for Michkov was avaiable at 5th and we ended up with Patrice Brisebois instead , ''Demigod'' is a pipe dream that i can't even dream of.
c3792eaf-bd5a-46fc-8b2e-fb2882501d2c_text.gif

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Sure and if Guhle was ahead of Matheson at ES like Slavin vs Burns then bringing up ES production would be a good argument but that isn't the case. On top of which Guhle is behind Savard who also doesn't get any PP production and also takes on the heavy defensive minutes and is nobody's definition of a #1 shows that the OPs statement that Guhle doesn't have the production of a #1 D is true.

Guhle was (slightly) ahead of Matheson at 5v5, it is a usage thing. And over the last two seasons, the production difference between Guhle and Matheson (and Burns and Slavin) outside of the PP is pretty negligible. Savard got incredibly lucky this season and is unlikely to repeat the same production rate.

Guhle's ES production rate since entering the league is honestly fine for the player he is.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Bukala was on Marek said Ignila not getting past 5. Expect Calgary to offer 9, 28 for 5
If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone before 5 then I'm really considering it.. could still get Sennecke or Catton at 9 but would rather move up to Anaheims spot if they would take 5+26 to secure one of Demidov/Lindstrom

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Guhle was (slightly) ahead of Matheson at 5v5, it is a usage thing. And over the last two seasons, the production difference between Guhle and Matheson (and Burns and Slavin) outside of the PP is pretty negligible. Savard got incredibly lucky this season and is unlikely to repeat the same production rate.

Guhle's ES production rate since entering the league is honestly fine for the player he is.
Sorry but running at 75% of another player isn't a negligible difference, it's significant. But yes Guhle's production has been fine and with time I actually expect a fairly big increase and for him to get to those Slavin type numbers, he's just not there yet which is normal/expected.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Sorry but running at 75% of another player isn't a negligible difference, it's significant. But yes Guhle's production has been fine and with time I actually expect a fairly big increase and for him to get to those Slavin type numbers, he's just not there yet which is normal/expected.

Since Guhle entered the NHL, its not running at 75% of Matheson at ES, its 87%. At 5v5 its 96%.

With Slavin, its 93% ES and 97% 5v5.

ES/5v5 production is overrated with a lot of D, Guhle's growth in being an effective tough matchup D-man is far more important than improving his production.

Reactions: Shred and Heffyhoof

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
CGY needs to guarantee us their highest pick next year instead of the FLA pick.
They won't do that. I would offer one of our young D for Anderson. To switch firsts

I would expect the Habs to consider it only if both Lindstrom and Demidov are gone. :dunno:
Bukala said to keep eye on Teddy Stiga. He's came on late in season. Good skills tons of heart and energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad