GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Grant now has the Habs picking at least 5 different players at 5OA. I guess he can then say that he was right when one of the 5 is picked by us.
He did that the Slaf year too. If I remember correctly he had the Habs taking all 3 of Wright, Cooley, and Slaf leading up to the draft at different points.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Nah I want Demidov most but there's the fact that Chicago is going between Demidov and Lev, so if they go Demidov then Lindstrom isn't escaping CBJ.

If they go Lev and Anaheim goes Lindstrom (they shouldn't with left shot centers in Gauthier MacTavish and Carlsson but seems they do) then CBJ focused on forward can go Demidov.

We need Levshunov at 2 and Anaheim to not go Lindstrom. I feel good about Lev, I don't feel great about Anaheim
I think Dickinson goes 2nd. Lev then goes to Anaheim and Columbus becomes the wildcard.

Reactions: Dutronc

Jul 6, 2016
Worst scenario is Celebrini / Lindstrom / Demidov / Levshunov gone and it’s a likely one
That’s what I am expecting too. Habs will have to choose between Dickinson, Iginla or Catton. Not bad at all, but not exciting either. Or they could surprise us by selecting one of Parech, Buium or Helenius……. OR trade their #5 for good, NHL ready asset + later 1st rounder.

Jul 6, 2016
If Demidov and Lindstrom are both gone, take the BPA (defense) in Buium or Dickinson and trade Guhle or Matheson ++ for a forward. Our defense is not that good that we can pass on BPA if that turns out to be a defenseman.
No F… way !!!!

Reactions: Deebs

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Still believe Anaheim will go D. Their forward group has 4 top 10 picks invested in it already. They traded away Drysdale. As excited as they are about Zellweger and Luneau, the missing piece for that team is a stud D to play next to Mintyukov.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Still believe Anaheim will go D. Their forward group has 4 top 10 picks invested in it already. They traded away Drysdale. As excited as they are about Zellweger and Luneau, the missing piece for that team is a stud D to play next to Mintyukov.
I do think they will go D, but given that they are probably actively shopping one of those 4 top-10 forward picks they are realistically only invested 3 deep.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Yeah ANA is going Silayev or Dickinson 100% imo (unless Lev doesnt go 2oa). And I could see Silayev going to CLB if ANA goes Dickinson. CLB doesnt want a F, they want size, no matter the position. And there was reports a few weeks back that they loved Silayev.

Here are the two most likely scenarios IMO:
A
Celebrini
Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev
Demidov/Lindstrom

B
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Yeah ANA is going Silayev or Dickinson 100% imo (unless Lev doesnt go 2oa). And I could see Silayev going to CLB if ANA goes Dickinson. CLB doesnt want a F, they want size, no matter the position. And there was reports a few weeks back that they loved Silayev.

Here are the two most likely scenarios IMO:
A
Celebrini
Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev
Demidov/Lindstrom

B
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov

Yep. I think option B will happen.

Anaheim gets to have a russian duo of Mintyukov and Silayev on the top pair since Silayev plays the right side already. It works out quite nicely for them.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Nah I want Demidov most but there's the fact that Chicago is going between Demidov and Lev, so if they go Demidov then Lindstrom isn't escaping CBJ.

If they go Lev and Anaheim goes Lindstrom (they shouldn't with left shot centers in Gauthier MacTavish and Carlsson but seems they do) then CBJ focused on forward can go Demidov.

We need Levshunov at 2 and Anaheim to not go Lindstrom. I feel good about Lev, I don't feel great about Anaheim
Silayev played top 4 D in the KHL at 17 years old at 6'7. I dont think he's getting out of the top 5 which gives us a better chance at drafting Demidov and Lindstrom

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

You should feel good about Anaheim. If there’s a team that’s loaded up front and needs help on defence, it’s them. Carlsson, McTavish, Gauthier, Zegras, Terry. They don’t really need to use a 3rd overall pick to upgrade that. They need to find Mintyukov and Zellweger some help.

Reactions: SwiftyHab and Deebs

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
You should feel good about Anaheim. If there’s a team that’s loaded up front and needs help on defence, it’s them. Carlsson, McTavish, Gauthier, Zegras, Terry. They don’t really need to use a 3rd overall pick to upgrade that. They need to find Mintyukov and Zellweger some help.
If they don't go D, I'll be surprised

Reactions: dinodebino

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Trade the f*** up with anaheim to secure Lindstrom.

Probably the last time we pick in top 5 for this rebuild. Better make sure to grab the player we want the most.

And inreally believe Anaheim and us are perfect trade partner for pick swap.

Reactions: Picaroon and Rozz

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1718040525357.png

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Unless they trade Zegras for a young defender. But a team like that should keep its most marketable asset.
They could do that or they exchange the finesse forward for a harder to play against type of forward to compliment what they currently have.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I felt good about it until multiple sources now keep linking them to Lindstrom.. I don't think they should go that direction but you never know with these teams that never get the f*** out of the basement.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I felt good about it until multiple sources now keep linking them to Lindstrom.. I don't think they should go that direction but you never know with these teams that never get the f*** out of the basement.

Could be all smoke too.

But if im Hughes, im trading up with Anaheim.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe they want Montreal to trade up with them and are leaking that “info”

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad