GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
The funny thing is if we do have a chance to take Dem and pick him its just gonna become more Michkov conversations in the form of Demidov vs Michkov :laugh::laugh: there's no escape boys

I guarantee if we pick Demidov we will all freak out because he may never comes and the russian factor and blabla.

Our kind of logic.

• Love
Reactions: jaffy27 and the

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Any interesting tidbits ?
Basu reiterated that the Hawks like Levshunov and Godin so far has said he came back from the combine thinking there's a better chance Demidov will be there at 5, but less confident on Lindstrom to be there.

They both state that if Chicago drafts a dman, that one of Demidov and Lindstrom will be there.

Habs will consider trading down, but ultimately Basu doesn't think they will.

Probably stated, but the Habs took Eiserman out to dinner.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Did I get this right?

The combine that the NHL hosts for draft eligible prospects has come to a close. Now, Demidov is going to host a combine for NHL teams? Do all NHL teams go to this?

This is because Russian players don’t get invited to NHL combine right? So Demidov camp is organizing this so that NHL teams can get exposure to him and other KHL players? Love the commitment by Demidov camp if that’s the case.

Who thinks the Habs should draft Aatos Koivu with Colorado's 2nd round pick?
I’m in simply because of name and combine performance.

Reactions: Tyson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Did I get this right?

The combine that the NHL hosts for draft eligible prospects has come to a close. Now, Demidov is going to host a combine for NHL teams? Do all NHL teams go to this?

This is because Russian players don’t get invited to NHL combine right? So Demidov camp is organizing this so that NHL teams can get exposure to him and other KHL players? Love the commitment by Demidov camp if that’s the case.
His agent is doing a combine for his clients.

Demidov will be there and others as well.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
His agent is doing a combine for his clients.

Demidov will be there and others as well.
His agent is Dan Milstein right? He never did it for any of his other clients (think kucherov, vasi etc), so I thought it was more to do with giving more exposure to Demidov than anything but it’s just an assumption.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
His agent is Dan Milstein right? He never did it for any of his other clients (think kucherov, vasi etc), so I thought it was more to do with giving more exposure to Demidov than anything but it’s just an assumption.
Could be that he did it for Demidov and the other clients just get to participate.

Basu says the Habs came away really impressed by Sennecke.

They broke it down in that if the Habs view Demidov and Lindstrom in the same, or above tier as some of the d, they'll take them, but if those two are gone and the next rated forward is a tier below the d left, they'll take a d. It's not an absolute, but seems like something they (habs) would lean to it seems they're (B&G) saying.

Reactions: Doc5

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I have him 9th, he's not my guy, he's not my pick but if that's what they want to do with it.. I'll rock with it and hope that the upward trajectory continues on the path it is on.

this is the attitude and perception to approach this draft with!

I'm currently at:

demidov
catton
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Buium
Iginla
Dickinson
Sennecke

but who ever they choose I'm gonna give them my full support until they prove they don't deserve it.

it's refreshing to see a majority of posters here having the same approach this year... still a few blowhards doing there thing... but the majority seems refreshingly open minded this year.

the draft can't come soon enough lol

Reactions: jaffy27

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Any interesting tidbits ?
Not really, most of it was in Basu's article yesterday.

Haven't finished it yet but so far

-Habs really really like Buium
-Also like Sennecke, had a very good meeting with him
-Ultimately, believes Lindstrom and Demidov are the 2 guys they are really high on.
-Word on the street so far is both Chicago and Anaheim are leaning defense

Also they were just debating on whether you take guys like Sennecke or Iginla vs a potential first pairing defenseman and how much confidence management have in Lane Hutson.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not really, most of it was in Basu's article yesterday.

Haven't finished it yet but so far

-Habs really really like Buium
-Also like Sennecke, had a very good meeting with him
-Ultimately, believes Lindstrom and Demidov are the 2 guys they are really high on.
-Word on the street so far is both Chicago and Anaheim are leaning defense

Also they were just debating on whether you take guys like Sennecke or Iginla vs a potential first pairing defenseman and how much confidence management have in Lane Hutson.
Buium is an absolute top prospect, that's for sure. He's probably only one season away too, he already did almost everything you could do in the NCAA last year, as a true freshman to boot. Most minutes on average in the entire league, national championship, Hobey Baker nomination, etc. U18 AND U20 goal medal, pretty big contributor in both. Not a ton left for him to do at that level.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs got a lot of viewings on Russian players this year. Their front office (didn't specify which, but probably Bobrov) got to see them play, while other teams might have only gotten a scout, or two.

Potential for the Habs to take more Russians this year?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sure feels like the chances of Lindstrom falling to #5 went from good to possible to unlikely real quick.

Reactions: Tyson

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
And there is little proof of this or any other strategy from any team. Who truly knows what players each team really covet?
It's kind of a mix of him looking good at the combine + having good news about his health + Anaheim reportedly considering him + CBJ likely looking for a forward.

Personally I don't think he gets past CBJ.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's kind of a mix of him looking good at the combine + having good news about his health + Anaheim reportedly considering him + CBJ likely looking for a forward.

Personally I don't think he gets past CBJ.
Very possible but Columbus may go for their BPA...we have no idea

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Buium is an absolute top prospect, that's for sure. He's probably only one season away too, he already did almost everything you could do in the NCAA last year, as a true freshman to boot. Most minutes on average in the entire league, national championship, Hobey Baker nomination, etc. U18 AND U20 goal medal, pretty big contributor in both. Not a ton left for him to do at that level.
A Buium-Reinbacher top pairing is pretty exciting to think about. Guhle being on our 2nd pair now turns our defense into a championship level defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad