**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I like drop ins because I start the game off by setting up my team. They almost always will work with me and I'd say we win 80% of the games. I rack up between 5-10pts every drop in game.

If the teams work together it can be fun.

you're one lucky guy then. Even when i play with 4 people i know, there's always 1 dude that doesn't know what planet he's on that ruins the whole game. I get stuck with a defender who is always playing all-out offense giving up breakaways left and right, then messaging me "you suck" because i gave up a goal on the 7th consecutive breakaway. Sometimes i get a winger that plays on the OTHER wing, ruining every play, etc.

I stick with my club team, which i've been on for the majority of 2 years.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
you're one lucky guy then. Even when i play with 4 people i know, there's always 1 dude that doesn't know what planet he's on that ruins the whole game. I get stuck with a defender who is always playing all-out offense giving up breakaways left and right, then messaging me "you suck" because i gave up a goal on the 7th consecutive breakaway. Sometimes i get a winger that plays on the OTHER wing, ruining every play, etc.

Playing dropins as a goalie is absolutely brutal.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Yep, same here.

I also get a lot of BaconCountry fanboys. Say the same things he does, constantly scream "I got it!" and get a penalty over the line/outside the pentagon... Which is awesome because I play RW. None of them are over 11 years old. Bacon is hilarious, but unfortunately, he's inspired these types of people.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
.....otp is the first thing you should play when you get the game because everyone else does. And no one goes over 90 overall.

What is OTP? I'm not an expert at online play for NHL I pretty much just do the offline game modes like be a pro and GM mode.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What is OTP? I'm not an expert at online play for NHL I pretty much just do the offline game modes like be a pro and GM mode.

Online Team Play. Basically, you use your created player(like for EASHL), but you join up with other random players instead of your club(friends). It's 6 created players vs. 6 other created players(well, that's the max) and is notorious for people intentionally trying to screw with everyone else. The most annoying(to me) is purposely staying offside so it's impossible to score. It's basically unplayable at that point.

EDIT: To add, some call it drop ins. OTP/Drop ins are the same thing.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The whole past gen and next gen thing...well like others said PS3/360 are tapped out....Devs simply have way more resources and SPACE to add what they need on next gen systems now. If your too cheap to buy a next gen system too bad. They should focus on the future not past.

As for EASHL I'll be extremely disappointed if they exclude it.

HUT needs to step up to the ranks of MUT/FUT. They need to instead of small, medium n large add real arenas. Since they overhauled and have authentic arenas now need to do like MUT does and get the real arenas from packs n auctions. The juniors can be small, AHL medium and NHL large. Let us have real arenas like madden. Or for **** sakes at least have what we chose as logo be center ice logo instead of that awful HUT logo every game I hate that.

Also if your gonna boast WC as a mode. Have EVERY WC arena in there. They were in past games why only have one and act like its special. Have them all and then you can act like its a game mode. Unreal.

They should also have all the jerseys like 2K did. How hard is that. People might of hated 2ks game play but their game mode depth, classic jerseys, classic teams, extreme sense of detail to the minor things made 2k great. Why cant EA take that and add it?

I hope EA doesnt let us down again but they will. They dont have competition and dont listen to their customers and only care about $$$$$. Its sad. And with 3 weeks to go and no major announcements or game play I'm not having the highest of hopes. I really hope they prove me wrong but a physics tweak, announcer and arena overhaul isnt enough to turn heads for a next gen debut sorry.

You dont even have mid season contract negotiations. No LTIR. For **** sakes Marc Savard is on your Bruins starting roster. Come on. Yoi have to bury the guy in europd to make them cap complient cause 1. LTIR doesnt exsist and two you dont have authentic rosters like you say. You pay no mind to injuries especially major ones like that. It simply ruins the immersion for die hard fans. These tiny details are what mold a game and you dont have them. Take notes to what Madden, NCAA, NHL 2k, MLB epescially MLB the Show, FIFA, NBA etc all do. Its embarassing. The tiny details matter. Listen to your ******* customers.

Prove us wrong. Please!

Last edited:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Got like 15 or so packs this years from HUT from those free packs because of pre order etc.

Best players I got we're alex burrows and Matt moulson. Other notables include Regehr, Chris Neil, Gerbe and Hanzal.

It's a damn joke that it's so hard to get good players.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I'll pretty much buy the game even if they don't include some features. I pretty much play GM mode myself or 1 on 1 online.

I think the series will really hit it's stride in 16.

I'm just over 30, but I remember I have played every NHL series since the first one released in 92 I believe? Messier is still on the Oilers.

I remember when 93 came out and we were so pumped that they would display players names on the screen plus who assisted lol.

It's come a long way.....

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I've played a lot of drop-in, and it's mostly bad, but that one time every 10 games where you're on a good team and you run the other team over make it worth it.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
That looked nice and all but when are they gonna show actual game play of people playing it?

First person mode looks cool though.

Last edited:

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
This better not be like e3 where they released the trailer before the show and then used the exact same trailer at the show.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
That trailer is pretty sweet. The stadiums looked good, particularly Joe Louis Arena.

Dunno if i'm gonna get a PS4 just for this game yet, so hopefully the PS3 version is still fun and improved over NHL14

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
That looked nice and all but when are they gonna show actual game play of people playing it?

First person mode looks cool though.

Technically, all of that footage is from people actually playing the game and those are all real in game situations, except for obviously first person mode, unless EA has been hiding what would be one of the biggest changes in the game in years, but I seriously doubt it.

Imagine though, in a couple years with the technology of next gen consoles, maybe we could actually see first person in the game, which would be fun to maybe have as it's seperate game mode for people who like it because obviously not everyone will.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Technically, all of that footage is from people actually playing the game and those are all real in game situations, except for obviously first person mode, unless EA has been hiding what would be one of the biggest changes in the game in years, but I seriously doubt it.

Imagine though, in a couple years with the technology of next gen consoles, maybe we could actually see first person in the game, which would be fun to maybe have as it's seperate game mode for people who like it because obviously not everyone will.

Yeah, i meant like actual game play though of how you would normally see the game while you're playing it. How come they would show first person like that if they didn't intend to put it in the game though? I don't know haha, all i really care about is if EASHL and GM Connected are in the game.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
This better not be like e3 where they released the trailer before the show and then used the exact same trailer at the show.

They will absolutely being showing that trailer at the show, but they might also be talking about the game or giving a live demonstration of it. Really all I'm hoping for at this point is a confirmation of the modes that are in the game and some actual footage of someone playing the game.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
They will absolutely being showing that trailer at the show, but they might also be talking about the game or giving a live demonstration of it. Really all I'm hoping for at this point is a confirmation of the modes that are in the game and some actual footage of someone playing the game.

Honestly I don't even care about the gameplay at this point, I just want to know what game modes are in it so I can know what gen I preorder this for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad