**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Honestly, so pissed they even made the PS4/XBOX One. I know people that have played both and say that they're not much different than PS3/360 outside of minor graphic changes.

It's because most games have been made with both gens in mind. By 2015 games will become almost exclusive to the next gen consoles and you'll start to see a bigger difference. Not only that but the next gen consoles come with more memory and processing power so developers are able to do much more with them than the previous games.

So now, either I waste my money on PS4/XB1, or I have to settle for water-down games because no one will be playing PS3 anymore.

The PS3/360 were not able to advance in a shape or form anymore, they were maxed out. It's really not a waste either as I would say I got my money's worth from the 360 and I'll almost certainly get my money's worth from the One.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm in the same boat. I've bought my One and if 15 doesn't have EASHL/GMC I will be canceling my pre-order and putting the money toward the Halo MC collection. I could buy it on the 360 but I really don't want to use it anymore and to make matters worse my controller's left thumbstick is broken. :laugh:

I wonder how many people with next gen consoles will be canceling pre-orders? I'd assume 80-90% but maybe that's a bit high?

Only 30% at the absolute most would cancel.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
As I said in a previous thread, NBA2K series did the exact same thing. They kept Crew Mode(basically EASHL) only on the previous gen, and did not release it for PS4/One. That has me concerned that EA might do the same thing.

Not true. Crew wasn't in 2k13 and I don't think it was in 2k12 either

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Really hoping for a flood of news on the game tomorrow from the conference. Seems like I'll be content sticking with the pre-gen version. I liked the gameplay in '13 enough, i liked the changes in '14 but it wasn't enough to justify the purchase, now I see they tweaked the gameplay and have NBC+Doc, Eddie, and Ray. If I'm missing out on outdoor shots of stadiums that I skip anyway, I'm okay with that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not true. Crew wasn't in 2k13 and I don't think it was in 2k12 either

But then they brought it back for NBA2k14, but only for previous gen version, and they've only talked about Crew in NBA2k15 for the previous version as well(but have not confirmed that it will only be on 360/PS3).

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Just saw that EA's Gamescom press conference is at 4:00AM EST tonight.

anigif_original-grid-image-24663-1376942669-4.gif
Only 1 AM for me. Being a night owl, I'll be streaming it if I can and providing live updates to this thrread

Jacob8hockey*

**** it, i didnt fall asleep until 7am due to a bad shoulder and sleep till like 1:30 today so im gonna stay up for this stream.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Only 30% at the absolute most would cancel.

If there was no GMC/EASHL? I'd assume the number would be higher than that. It may not be as high as 80/90% but that's 2/3 of the most popular game modes gone.

As I said to someone earlier EA may have been able to ship NHL 06, 07, & 08 without EASHL/GMC but now that they've added them the average consumer expects at least the same level of value from the game every year. If they don't have EASHL/GMC on the next gen versions than there should be a price adjustment to reflect that. I'd probably pay $30-40 for just versus, BeAGM, and HUT but I couldn't see myself paying more than that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
And 30% isn't significant?

HUT is simply a waste of time

I tend to agree with that, but that doesn't change the fact that many people love HUT. EA probably makes a ridiculous amount of money off HUT too.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I tend to agree with that, but that doesn't change the fact that many people love HUT. EA probably makes a ridiculous amount of money off HUT too.

I'd say they make 25+% of their revenue from HUT. EA must make a killing on UT game modes; when you consider the sheer number of promo packs they put out over a year with some of them costing up to $20. I'd say around Christmas time when EA had the special packs where you could get any "special" card out of the $20 pack that they made well over $50,000 maybe even more.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Haven't touched HUT in ages. Too hard to be enjoyable as it takes too long to get pucks to get good players etc.

I dare say the info given tomorrow will be stuff we've heard before, namely live worlds, new graphics and user interface.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I'd say they make 25+% of their revenue from HUT. EA must make a killing on UT game modes; when you consider the sheer number of promo packs they put out over a year with some of them costing up to $20. I'd say around Christmas time when EA had the special packs where you could get any "special" card out of the $20 pack that they made well over $50,000 maybe even more.

EA reported $380 million in revenue from its Ultimate team modes (Madden, Fifa, NHL)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I love playing drop in games in eashl mode. If eashl mode is not in nhl 15, i am going to start a protest.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I love playing drop in games in eashl mode. If eashl mode is not in nhl 15, i am going to start a protest.

I love EASHL too, but what kind of sick, twisted mind do you have that likes drop-ins. It's like the dentist, no one really likes it, but it's necessary every so often.

Jacob8hockey*

I like drop ins because I start the game off by setting up my team. They almost always will work with me and I'd say we win 80% of the games. I rack up between 5-10pts every drop in game.

If the teams work together it can be fun.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
You have the good and the bad in drop in game.

Of course there will be games where there are ******** that don't play their position at all, hog the puck, or afk 80% of the game. But I find it pretty satisfying when the whole team have chemistry in a drop in game. It's like you've been playing with each other for years.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I've never really liked EASHL because by the time I get around to starting it every player is way better then mine. How do you level up the stats when you are like 52 overall and everyone else is over 90?

whitehh

Oct 16, 2012
You have the good and the bad in drop in game.

Of course there will be games where there are ******** that don't play their position at all, hog the puck, or afk 80% of the game. But I find it pretty satisfying when the whole team have chemistry in a drop in game. It's like you've been playing with each other for years.

It's all about the attitudes, if everybody is working as a team its fun and easy. if you have 1 dick in the game, it can break down quickly

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I've never really liked EASHL because by the time I get around to starting it every player is way better then mine. How do you level up the stats when you are like 52 overall and everyone else is over 90?

.....otp is the first thing you should play when you get the game because everyone else does. And no one goes over 90 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad