NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Is anyone gonna make updated post-draft rosters on here or OS? Just wondering, as I want to know if I'll just wait until 2013 to start a new BAGM.
I'm updating the rosters (with the trades that occured at the draft obviously) and will release a new one tonight (or tomorrow) with more accurate potential rankings for the draft. I'm trying to at least get the top-10 accurate ; as of now I have the top-5 almost perfectly done (Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko), so I'll try to tweak Grigo a little so that he goes a bit later, but the 6th player picked is usually between Rielly and Dumba.

However, as the players from this draft are only 17, we can't change their team property unless using a trick that messes up everything (cloning the players and trading them to their team - but the original have to stay on their junior team, so there will be clones in the game), or by creating CAPs of them (so that we can change their team property) and giving 36 OVR and E potential to all the draftees... which would take a long time. I don't know if you were talking about more accurate rankings and trades or that, but I doubt I'll be changing the properties, unless I have the time and the will. Anyways, if I changed the draftees' property, people would end up going into the draft with almost no players of talent, and I think the game would end up creating a bunch of players to be drafted too.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I'm updating the rosters (with the trades that occured at the draft obviously) and will release a new one tonight (or tomorrow) with more accurate potential rankings for the draft. I'm trying to at least get the top-10 accurate ; as of now I have the top-5 almost perfectly done (Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko), so I'll try to tweak Grigo a little so that he goes a bit later, but the 6th player picked is usually between Rielly and Dumba.

However, as the players from this draft are only 17, we can't change their team property unless using a trick that messes up everything (cloning the players and trading them to their team - but the original have to stay on their junior team, so there will be clones in the game), or by creating CAPs of them (so that we can change their team property) and giving 36 OVR and E potential to all the draftees... which would take a long time. I don't know if you were talking about more accurate rankings and trades or that, but I doubt I'll be changing the properties, unless I have the time and the will. Anyways, if I changed the draftees' property, people would end up going into the draft with almost no players of talent, and I think the game would end up creating a bunch of players to be drafted too.

Thanks what site is ur rosters gonna be on?

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place
Off-season 2013

Retirements​

Today the NJ Devils announced a press conference, it was something Devils Fans had be dreading for some time now. 'Today Marty has made it official, he will not be returning for the 2013-2014 season. Marty along with Johan will both be retiring.' Said Andrew D grimly, ' Id like to thank both goalies for their service these past seasons. Marty single handedly carried this team to the playoffs this past season, he will be sorely missed.'

marty.png

Marty waves goodbye to the hometown faithful one last time

A few days later, two more massive blows were dealt to the franchise when Petr Sykora and Marek Zidlicky also announced their retirement.

Draft Day 2012

Michealcurtis.png

15th ovr- Michael Curtis, 6'1" 177lbs Center
With their first pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft they NJ Devils proudly select a 19 year old sniper centermen from the Belleville Bulls in Micheal Curtis. The Kid has lots of offensive upside and speed to burn. He needs to work on his defensive game a bit.

lukesomething.png
55th ovr- Luke Fenske, 6'1" 201lbs Defense
The Devils selected Luke Fenske with their 2nd round pick at 55th. The stay at home defensemen please a strong defensive game, and is quite mobile for his size. He is willing to drop the gloves and has a cannon from the point. In a few games last season he even played forward for the Regina Pats, Fenske is expected to be an all around solid defensemen.

75th ovr- Valeri Kvasha, 6' 2" 197 lbs Left Wing
With their 75th overall pick the Devils took a risk on a 20 year old sniper from Ukraine. Kvasha has the potential to be an offensive presence in the league, he is a speedster and ok in his own zone. Valeri Kvasha will head straight to Albany and if he works out, he could be the steal of the draft.

hynes.png
93rd ovr- Brandon Hynes. 5'10" 177lbs Right Wing
The Devils selected another sniper with the 93rd ovr pick, Hynes is another speedy sniper who can do damage off the rush. At 19 years old he will send another year in junior before moving up to the AHL.

danielkrejci.png
105th ovr- Daniel Krejci 6'3" 209lbs Defense
Daniel Krejci is the perfect all around defensemen, he possesed fantastic raw offensive ability, he will play on the edge at times as well. The only thing in question is his skating ability. Krejci might be a bit of a project to groom him into a NHL defensemen but if he continues to develop he could turn into a Drew Doughty type of player.

135th ovr- Boris Tyutin , 6'2" 204lbs Left Wing
Boris Tyutin is an all around two way forward. He isn't flashy but does have some offensive upside and is willing to grind as well. Another prospect project for the devils.

143rd ovr- Justin Rasmussen, 6'2" 178lbs Center
Justin Rasmussen is another project player, the two way forward will need to work on his offensive game to succeed at this level.

Ritchie.png
154th ovr- Brett Ritchie 6'3" 193lbs Right wing
Ritchie is a kid with a big frame, this power forward has decent offensive upside and all around ability. Some are comparing this kid with a younger James Neal.

shaynerover.png
157th ovr- Shayne Rover, 6'3" 228lbs Defense
Shayne Rover is a monster of a defensemen, the 20 year old is already 6'3" and 228 pounds. While he isnt the most aggressive player he still can hit and play smart in his own zone. If he continues to develop his physical game he could be a great shutdown pairing defensmen.

gigard.png
165th ovr- Gabriel Girard. 5'10" 163lbs Goalie
The Devils selected their first goalie at 165th ovr, this surprised many as it was assumed they would push for one earlier. Girard is already 21 so he will step into the AHL as a backup, at only 163 pounds he needs to bulk up some more to be successful.

The Devils also made a big trade at the deadline sending Star Center Travis Zajac to the St. Louis Blues in return for their 2014 1st round pick and young left winger Jaden Schwartz. 'I really didnt want to move Travis Zajac' Said Andrew D, 'But in this case i had to move an elite player to get one in return. This deal should set us up for years to come and we have two left wing stars now in Schwartz and Tedenby'.

The Devils also made a couple of minor deals. They sent tough guy Eric Boulton to the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 6th round selection in 2013. They also sent center Steve Zalewski to St. Louis in return for 2 draft picks, a 3rd and a 4th both in 2014.

Free Agency​

ELCs:
M. Curtis- 3 years @ 765k
R. Scarlett- 3 years @ 765k
L. Fenske- 3 years @ 710k
B. Tyutin- 3 years @ 795k
G. Girard- 3 years @ 795k

Resigned:
Z. Parise- 4 years @ 5.76m
S. Bernier- 1 year @ 950k
V. Zharkov-1 year @ 760k
K. Nagy- 3 years @ 550k
T. Pielmeirer- 1 year @ 710k
M. Fayne- 1 year @ 1.06m

Signed:
E. Nabokov- 1 year @ 3.985m
A. Stakock- 3 years @ 925k
E. Artyukhin- 1 year @ 1.1m
T. Fedoruk- 1 year @ 525k
M. Darche- 1 year @ 1.35m
S. Brookbank- 2 years @ 895k
C. Sneep- 3 years @ 925k

The Devils also made another huge trade during the free agent frenzy, sending left winger P. Elias and a 2015 2nd round pick to Nashville for young power forward C. Wilson. They also sent goalie M. Clermont to Anaheim in return for a 7th round pick in 2014

Top 5 Prospects

J. Schwartz, B B B, 72 ovr
M. Curtis, B B B, 70 ovr
L. Fenske, B B B, 68 ovr
R. Scarlett, B B B-, 71 ovr
K. Nagy, B- B- B, 71 ovr

Last edited:

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Flames signed 8 contract extension

Today the 29th of June, Flames reported that they has been made 8 contract extension. Olli Jokinen continues to 2 years, Roman Cervenka 3 years and Leland Irving 2 years. New players are Mason Raymond, Sven Bartschi, Teuvo Teräväinen, Martin Frk and Ryan Murray.

C
Olli Jokinen 3,000,000million, 2year, 1-way
Roman Cervenka 4,400,000million, 3year, 1-way

LW
Mason Raymond 1,800million, 1year, 1-way
Sven Bartschi 0,845,000million, 3year, 2-way
Teuvo Teräväinen 0,870,000million, 3year, 2-way

RW
Martin Frk 0,845,000million, 3year, 2-way

D
Ryan Murray 0,845,000million, 3year, 2-way

GK
Leland Irving 0,925,000million, 2year, 2-way

ollijokinen.jpg

Olli Jokinen continue in Flames

Falcon63

May 29, 2012

Dam, you're right. I wish we could start at like 2013, so we wouldn't have to just HOPE the draft goes as it did IRL.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2016 Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals

Limping Into First Place
Injury-Riddled Mavericks Somehow Take President’s Trophy
The Mississauga News – Sunday, April 17, 2016

trophy_presidentslg.jpg

Despite seemingly never icing a healthy line-up the Mavericks somehow stormed their way into 1st place

Observers are still perplexed as to how, but the Mississauga Mavericks finished the season with 110 points, enough to win the President’s Trophy as the NHL’s top team in the regular season. What makes the title so unlikely is that Mississauga has iced a completely healthy line-up only a handful of times throughout the season. Patrick Sharp missed almost half the year with a torn oblique muscle, and having traded 1st overall bust Nail Yakupov to the Jets, Jared Staal and rookies like Teuvo Teravainen, Connor Brown, Tyrell Goulbourne and Alex Galchenyuk were all thrust into Top 6 roles at one point during the season. Even the call-ups did not stay healthy as Teravainen and Brown both spent long stints on the injured list. Even now entering the playoffs, Lars Eller has just returned from a 4 game injury and captain Jeff Skinner will likely miss most of if not all of the first round. However, a rag-tag line-up managed to keep winning for the Mavericks who finished with 110 points, a franchise high. A handful of bright spots were integral in keeping the Mavs on top of the league. 34 year old Justin Williams put up his best offensive numbers and broke the 30 goal mark for the first time since he was 25 years old playing for the Hurricanes. Rookie defenseman Ryan Murphy seems to have benefitted from his lengthy development path, leading the Mavericks with a +26 rating and putting up 31 points in his first year, and was leaned on by Kirk Muller in many high pressure situations. Cam Ward continues to stake his claim as a future hall-of-famer, putting up an astonishing 47 wins, his 4th consecutive 40 win season, and an unbelieve sub-2.00 GAA rating of 1.82GAA. The entire Mavericks defensive games was outstanding, finishing with a league low 168 goals against or only 2.05 a game.

It’s becoming a familiar scene, for the third straight post-season, the Philadelphia Flyers and Mississauga Mavericks will meet, renewing a budding rivalry. Both times, the Mavericks have come out the victor, and this time Mississauga are heavy favourites Despite repeatedly being ousted from the playoffs, the Flyers line-up remains the same as previous years.

MAVERICKS TEAM REPORT
Record: 53-25-4, 110PTS
Place: 1st East, 1st League
Goals For: 217 (21st)
Goals Against: 168 (1st)
Powerplay: 21.5% (4th)
Penalty Kill: 82.9% (11th)
Top Goal Scorer: Justin Williams (33)
Most Assists: Lars Eller (40)
Most Hits: Marc Staal (266)

jj2wsl.png

#1 MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
53-25-4

Teuvo Teravainen / Lars Eller / Justin Williams
Patrick Sharp / Zach Boychuk / Connor Brown
Ben Eager / Peter Regin / Victor Rask
Victor Oreskovich / Brent Benson / Joel Ward
injur. Jeff Skinner
x. Jared Staal

Jamie McBain (A) / Marc Staal
Ryan Murphy / Jakub Kindl
Jamie Oleksiak / Jarred Tinordi
x. Rasmus Rissanen

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

#8 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
42-32-8

Scott Hartnell / Claude Giroux / Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier / Brayden Schenn / Wayne Simmonds
James van Riemsdyk / Max Talbot / David Clarkson
Stefan Legiein / Andy Miele / Eric Nystrom

Niklas Grossman / Brayden Coburn
Paul Martin / Andrej Meszaros
Shane O’Brien / Erik Gustafsson

Sergei Bobrovsky
Ilya Bryzgalov​

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS

Flyers Shock The Hockey World
8th Seed Flyers Knock-Off Defending Champions
The Mississauga News – Friday, April 29, 2016

940-flyers-pens-8col.jpg

Scotty Hartnell scored the game winning goal in Game 6

MAVS lose series 4-2
Game 1: 2-1 L
Game 2: 3-1 W
Game 3: 4-3 W
Game 4: 3-0 L
Game 5: 3-1 L
Game 6: 5-4 L

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS

Flyers Shock The Hockey World
8th Seed Flyers Knock-Off Defending Champions
The Mississauga News – Friday, April 29, 2016

940-flyers-pens-8col.jpg

Scotty Hartnell scored the game winning goal in Game 6

MAVS lose series 4-2
Game 1: 2-1 L
Game 2: 3-1 W
Game 3: 4-3 W
Game 4: 3-0 L
Game 5: 3-1 L
Game 6: 5-4 L

That's gotta sting a bit. Hopefully you don't get fired if you were suppose to go farther. By the way did you sim all the games or intervene at some point or play all the games?

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Halifax Now In Business

25fniw5.jpg
a0xs82.jpg

Halifax’s New Official Jerseys

The New Jersey Devils have officially gone bankrupt and have been bought by a Canadian party. They have decided to name the team the “Halifax Hounds“. They have also officially announced Keegan Reynolds as their GM. “I am very excited to be at the helm of this new organization and can’t wait to see what the future withholds for us,†Reynolds said in a press conference days after he was announced GM of the squad.​

Sad to see you lose in Round 1 RoyBoyCoy :cry:

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
That's gotta sting a bit. Hopefully you don't get fired if you were suppose to go farther. By the way did you sim all the games or intervene at some point or play all the games?

Most of the time I sim until I'm on the brink of elimination (if it comes to that). But I was listening to music and not really paying attention, so I lost :laugh:

Not too bummed out, winning every year gets lame

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Most of the time I sim until I'm on the brink of elimination (if it comes to that). But I was listening to music and not really paying attention, so I lost :laugh:

Not too bummed out, winning every year gets lame

I hear ya. Mostly I just play if I'm losing by a couple goals or going into OT. Luckily though my team for the past two seasons has done really well in playoffs so far. Tuukka Rask is a playoff goalie it seems.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Dam, you're right. I wish we could start at like 2013, so we wouldn't have to just HOPE the draft goes as it did IRL.
To be honest, because of the prospects progression, someone rated as low as a 7th rounder (let's say 64 B- C C) could go in the 2nd-3rd round at the draft with 67 A- B B... just like someone rated as high as I made Forsberg (Drafted at around 78 B B- B- generally) can go in the 3rd round. Him and Girgensons are the two players I'm having hard times finding the right potential.

Mhoogasian94123

HC SPARTA PRAHA PLAYOFFS 2011/2012

Easter Conference Quarter Finals: HC Sparta Praha Versus Tampa Bay Lightning

HC Sparta Praha vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Game 1
Final Score: 5-0 SPA

HC Sparta Praha Playoff Goalie Stats
Tuukka Rask 22GP 16W 4L 1.85 GAA(1st in NHL) 0.932 S%(2nd in NHL) 3SO(1st in NHL)
Those are some sick jerseys. Did you bring a Euro team into GM mode?

RoyBoyCoy: Fixed it. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2016 NHL Entry Draft

Vladimir Dolnik a Maverick!
Mississauga/Washington Trade Steals The Show at 2016 Draft
The Mississauga News - Thursday, June 24, 2016

Boston+Bruins+v+Washington+Capitals+vkFEx0QEr6Kl.jpg

Vladimir Dolnik is game-breaking talent who’s 50 point rookie season is a mere preview of his talent

Mavericks GM Julien Brisebois was out to make up for his mulligan in the 2012 entry draft. Two picks after the Mavericks selected notorious bust Nail Yakupov 1st overall in 2012, the Washington Capitals selected Vladimir Dolnik. Commissioner Gary Bettman’s “we have a trade to announce” brought fans to the edge of their seat prior to the Mavericks selection at 6th overall, expecting the Mavericks to trade down and perhaps pick up something valuable in the process. However, the trade did not involve any draft picks and instead involved Calder Trophy candidate Dolnik joining Mississauga for a package of players. Former first round pick Max Domi, top shutdown defenseman Rasmus Rissanen and the rights to pending-UFA Jakub Kindl was apparently enough to convince the Capitals to part way with the electrifying Slovak, while for Mississauga, an abundance of forward prospects, the emergence of Ryan Murphy and hopefully Nikolas Brouillard and the success of shutdown tandem Jarred Tinordi and Jamie Oleksiak made the three players expendable. Dolnik is an incredibly complete player joining the Mavericks, possessing a big 6’3” frame, potentially elite offensive abilities, outstanding defensive skills, speed and physicality. Dolnik is a dangerous weapon that is far from done getting better at 22 years old, and makes up for the swing-and-miss Yakupov selection. He put all his tools on display in a 112 point season in the AHL in the year before joining the Capitals. The trade caused so much buzz that some forgot there was still a draft to be held, more on that below.

comrievsos3925.jpg

WPG 1/6; D Alan Coburn; Canada; 6’4” 206; Guelph Storm OHL

-Drafting with Winnipeg’s 1st round selection acquired in the Yakupov deal, the Mavericks went for the best player available, selecting Perth, Ontario’s Alan Coburn of the Guelph Storm. Standing 6’4” 206lbs, one might think Coburn would be a proto-typical shutdown defenseman. However, Coburn’s game is mostly offensively. A powerful shot and great mobility highlight the selection.

ept_sports_juniorhockey_experts-124889659-1294282031.jpg

MIS 2/56; RW Mikhail Turakov; Russia; 6’4” 208; SKA St.Petersburg KHL

-Speaking of big bodies, Mikhail Turakov went 46th overall to the Mavericks. The powerful Russian is a risky pick as he has said he intends to stay in Russia next season despite his rights being owned by the Sudbury Wolves.

Cédrick-Henley.jpg

MIS 4/116; LW Simon St. Croix; Canada; 6’2” 200; Val-D’Or Foreurs QMJHL

-Mississauga’s next selection was Val-D’Or Foreurs goal scorer Simon St.Croix. St. Croix’s raw offensive talent may not translate to the pros as well as his adept two-way game, but nonetheless the native of Magog, QC scored 36 goals for the Foreurs.

crop_450x500_GYI0058238172.jpg

MIS 5/146; LW Marco Reisen; Germany; 6’3” 230; Hamburg DEL

-Not a lot is known about Mavs 5th rounder Marco Reisen, but report claim that the German puts his fridge of a body to good use. Skating may be an issue as might his lack of stiff competition in Germany.

wes-fighting1.jpg

MIS 6/176; RW Lubomir Vasicek; Slovakia; 6’6” 242; Vancouver Giants WHL

-The second Slovakian acquired by the Mavericks on draft day is guaranteed to never come close to Dolnik’s numbers. WHL forward Lubomir Vasicek prefers to make his impact with his fists. Vasicek scored 3 goals and 3 assists for the Giants and picked up a WHL record 28 fighting majors. At 6’6” and almost 250 pounds, Vasicek may have to re-write the NHL weight classes should he make the NHL.

Ryan_Spooner_(8)4256.JPG

MIS 7/206; RW Pavel Medvenov; Russia; 5’11” 192; Kingston Frontenac OHL

-Kingston Frontenac’s grinder Pavel Medvenov was the 5th to last selection in the draft. The feisty Russian possesses an impressive motor and great work ethic. Not particular large for a grinder, Medvenov's path to the pros will have to involve a lot of determination.

MAVERICKS Receive:
LW Vladimir Dolnik 83A-

CAPITALS Receive:
D Ramus Rissanen 84B-
D Jakub Kindl 82C
C Max Domi 79B-

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
2012 - 2013 Pittsburgh Penguins

Starting Roster:

Nikolai Kulemin - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal
Brandon Dubinsky - Sidney Crosby - Wayne Simmonds
Viktor Stalberg - Brandon Sutter - Ryan Jones
Eric Tangradi - Patrice Cormier - Cal O'Reilly

Ryan McDonaugh - Kris Letang
Brooks Orpik - Anton Stralman
Ben Lovejoy - Matt Niskanen

Marc-Andre Fleury
Jonas Gustavsson

Scratches: Dustin Jeffrey, Mathieu Perrault, Boris Valabik

Off-season:

To TOR: Tyler Kennedy, 2012 first round pick
To PIT: Nikolai Kulemin

To NYR: Paul Martin, Chris Kunitz, Matt Cooke
To PIT: Brandon Dubinsky, Anton Stralman

To EDM: Pascal Dupuis
To PIT: Ryan Jones

To WPG: Brent Jonhson, 2013 fourh round pick
To PIT: Jonas Gustavsson, Patrice Cormier

To PHI: Steve Sullivan, Simon Depres, Joe Vitale
To PIT: Wayne Simmonds

To WSH: Deryk Engellend
To PIT: Mathieu Perrault

20 games in - 15 - 3 - 2

Malkin - 11g, 20a, 31p
Crosby - 12g, 17a - 29p
Kulemin - 8g, 18a - 26p
Neal - 10g, 13a - 23p
Dubinsky - 7g, 15a - 22p
Simmonds - 9g, 10a - 19p

Letang - 3g, 8a - 11p
Stralman - 6g, 3a - 9p
Orpik - 1g, 6a - 7p
McDonaugh - 0g, 6a - 6p

Fleury - 12w, .932
Gustavsson - 3w, .929

#1 PP - 44% efficiency

Kulemin - Crosby - Malkin
Letang - Neal

Stalberg - Sutter - Simmonds
Stralman - Dubinsky

#5 PK

Malkin - Kulemin
McDonaugh - Orpik

Sutter - Jones
Lovejoy - Letang

Overview:

Forwards are killing it, especially the top six. #1 in goal scoring with every line contributing and on pace for career highs. Forwards hit hard and are strong on the forecheck, frequently scoring on the rush and have a huge special teams both on the PP and the PK.

Defense is fast and very mobile. Problem is that it's short big bruisers with really only Orpik and McDonaugh who are both among the league leaders in hits.

Last edited:

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
I hear ya. Mostly I just play if I'm losing by a couple goals or going into OT. Luckily though my team for the past two seasons has done really well in playoffs so far. Tuukka Rask is a playoff goalie it seems.

The core of my team is built obscurely well for the playoffs. Skinner, Eller, Williams, Ward, Staal, Boychuk.. They all seem to amp it up in the playoffs. I wonder what stat dictates that (Poise?). Even Yakupov was alright in the playoffs before I had to ship his lazy ass off to Winnipeg

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Injures woes Islanders

Islanders got more bad news when four of their key players got injured this past week. Rick Nash, Michael Grabner, Ruslan Fedotenko and Chris Tanev all got injured. Nik Antropov and Jeremy Morin were injured previously.

Tanev's separated should was the worst one. Tanev will be out for 7 weeks. Nash has a mild concussion and will miss two weeks. Grabner and Fedotenko's injuries aren't that bad one. Grabner has injured his ankle and Fedotenko his hip. Both won't miss a game, is the first report.

Islanders line-up looks like this after injuries:

Ruslan Fedotenko - John Tavares - Michael Grabner
Matt Martin - Brandon Sutter - Rhett Rakhshani
Scott Gomez - Zenon Konopka - Petr Sykora
Ben Smith - Michael Haley - George Parros

Andrew MacDonald - Travis Hamonic
Doug Murray - Cam Barker
Mark Eaton - Milan Jurcina

Josh Harding
Kevin Poulion

- MSG media

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders going after Blum?

After the injury of Chris Tanev, it's rumored that New York Islanders may make an offer for Nashville Predators about defenseman Jonathon Blum. Blum is 23-years old Canadian right-handed d-man who has two years remaining in his contract.

An other one who is rumored to be on Islanders radar is Jake Gardiner from Toronto Maple Leafs. Gardiner is left-handed d-man, which is what is little bit lacking in Islanders prospect pool. Islanders already have Hamonic, Tanev, A. Gudbranson and McIvor as right-handed dmen in their organization.

- MSG Media

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders trade Barker for Blum

New York Islanders have maiden a trade where defenseman Cam Barker goes to Nashville for defenseman Jonathon Blum. This deal was rumored when Islanders defenseman Chris Tanev got injured. Blum was made available by Predators, so Islanders notice that this may be their chance.

gyi0061783638.jpg

Blum

"This was "must" trade to do. Some may say we have too much right-handed d, but you never won't have enough those kind of "special" players. I love Blum's game in the offensive end, I like him very lot", said Islanders GM Southfield.

"This wasn't good season for Cam (Barker). I think we set him too much pressure before the season and this was the result of it. He didn't get his game going at all."

Blum is 23-years old and he has two years remaining in his contract, worth of 1.635M per season. Blum has given 7 assists in 25 games for league's worst team so far in this season.

- MSG Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad