NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I think I'm going to start a dynasty here soon. I'm debating which team to use.

-Create a team in Quebec City: Expansion team, chose one player from each team (within reason of course, so mostly depth guys and older guys with bad contracts) and build from the ground up.

-Montreal Canadiens: My favorite team, team I know the best, I know their prospects etc... Only issue I see is that I may overrate players because of favoritism.

-Philadelphia Flyers: I'm a Habs fan so I have no real emotional attachment to players, but I do live Giroux. They're a very good team and have a TON of depth up front, just really, really need a goalie.

-New Jersey Devils: Brodeur is almost done, have to resign Parise after the season etc... would be interesting to see what I can do there IE: either trade Parise at the deadline for a huge return or keep him and risk losing him for zilch.

I should point out that I like to play as realistic as possible so I try not to exploit the terrible trade AI. I like to think that would I do this trade as either teams GM before I even consider throwing an offer the CPU' way. I also turn waivers off because I get annoyed when I see Cory Schneider being sent down to the AHL. I also turn injuries off because sadly injuries happen way too often in the game, though I am debating if I should turn them on for the sake of realism, which is what I strive for as best I can. Let me know what you guys think of my ideas and which team I should try and run!

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
I think I'm going to start a dynasty here soon. I'm debating which team to use.

-Create a team in Quebec City: Expansion team, chose one player from each team (within reason of course, so mostly depth guys and older guys with bad contracts) and build from the ground up.

-Montreal Canadiens: My favorite team, team I know the best, I know their prospects etc... Only issue I see is that I may overrate players because of favoritism.

-Philadelphia Flyers: I'm a Habs fan so I have no real emotional attachment to players, but I do live Giroux. They're a very good team and have a TON of depth up front, just really, really need a goalie.

-New Jersey Devils: Brodeur is almost done, have to resign Parise after the season etc... would be interesting to see what I can do there IE: either trade Parise at the deadline for a huge return or keep him and risk losing him for zilch.

I should point out that I like to play as realistic as possible so I try not to exploit the terrible trade AI. I like to think that would I do this trade as either teams GM before I even consider throwing an offer the CPU' way. I also turn waivers off because I get annoyed when I see Cory Schneider being sent down to the AHL. I also turn injuries off because sadly injuries happen way too often in the game, though I am debating if I should turn them on for the sake of realism, which is what I strive for as best I can. Let me know what you guys think of my ideas and which team I should try and run!

People tend to avoid doing Montreal dynasties around here, so that's my vote. Would be fun to follow.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders sign Sykora

New York Islanders have signed free agent Petr Sykora for one year contract. Contract is a two-way and worth of 1.030M dollars. He will be an UFA after this season.

"We thought many options and felt that this could be the right one, at first at least. Petr is scoring winger and we hope that he can help our hockey team", said Islanders GM Southfield.

- MSG Media

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 Stanley Cup Finals

Mississauga vs. Edmonton. 2015 Stanley Cup Finals.
Mavericks Take Game 7 From Rangers, Off To First SCF
The Mississauga News – Wednesay, May 27, 2015

6394742.bin

Cam Barker and the Edmonton Oilers return to the Stanley Cup Finals after losing last year to the Ottawa Senators

The Mississauga Mavericks are advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since relocating after winning a decisive Game 7 by the score of 5-0. Cam Ward picked a great game to tie Martin Brodeur’s 12 year old record of 7 shutouts in a single post-season, stopping every shot that the New York Rangers could throw at him, while receiving offensive support that had gone missing in the previous three games. A great individual rush and finish by Jeff Skinner opened the scoring at 5:06 of the first period. Both of Skinner’s linemates would score in the third period, while the Mavs 4th line and 2nd liner Brenden Morrow potted goals in the second.

Last year, the Ottawa Senators became the first Canadian team win the Stanley Cup since the Montreal Canadiens in 1993, this was also the first meeting of two Canadian teams (Sens/Oilers) in the Stanley Cup Finals since the Habs and Flames met in 1989. Both of those things will be repeated for a second straight year as the Mississauga Mavericks will take of the Edmonton Oilers for the 2015 Stanley Cup. Mississauga is the NHLs newest team, having relocated from Carolina in 2012-2013. The Hurricanes had won one cup in their franchise history in 2006, a team that had Justin Williams and Cam Ward on it. Williams had left the Canes, won his second Stanley Cup with the LA Kings in 2012, and now returns to the finals with the Mavericks. The Edmonton Oilers were denied the glory of the Stanley Cup last year and despite being this year’s 6th seed in the West, find themselves once again in the Finals. The Oilers sport young talented forwards in Taylor Hall, Magnus Paajarvi and Jordan Eberle. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has been sidelined for the entire playoffs with a concussion. Rookie and 2013 6th round selection Eric Locke has performed well in his absence. The Oilers most dangerous weapon however, is Cam Barker. Barker led all NHL defenseman with 68 points this year, and his +22 rating on an otherwise average regular season squad makes him a Norris favourite.

There is a lot of talent on the ice for this Stanley Cup Finals. The Mavericks Jeff Skinner, Lars Eller, Zach Boychuk, Justin Williams, Jamie McBain, Marc Staal and Cam Ward against the Oilers Taylor Hall, Sam Gagner, Jordan Eberle, Cam Barker, Ryan Whitney and Rick DiPietro. Puck drops in Mississauga tonight at 8:00pm

MAVS 5-0 OILERS

1st Period
MIS Goal: Jeff Skinner (Yakupov) 5:06

2nd Period
MIS Goal: James Wright (Regin, McBain) 13:06
MIS Goal: Brenden Morrow (Eller) 15:11 PP

3rd Period
MIS Goal: Nail Yakupov (Skinner, Regin) 12:18
MIS Goal: Lars Eller (Yakupov, Skinner) 17:45

MAVS win series 4-3
Game 1: 3-2 W
Game 2: 3-1 W
Game 3: 4-1 W
Game 4: 3-0 L
Game 5: 3-1 L
Game 6: 4-1 L

Game 7: 5-0 W

#3 MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
45-29-8

Nail Yakupov / Lars Eller / Jeff Skinner (C)
Brenden Morrow / Zach Boychuk / Justin Williams (A)
Jared Staal / Alexander Avtsin / Ben Smith
Ben Eager / Peter Regin / James Wright
x. Rhett Rakhshani, Chris Vandevelde

Jamie McBain (A) / Marc Staal
Rasmus Rissanen / Andrew MacDonald
Justin Faulk / Jarred Tinordi
x. Ryan Murphy
injur. Dmitry Orlov

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

#6 EDMONTON OILERS
42-31-9

Taylor Hall / Sam Gagner / Ales Hemsky
Magnus Paajarvi / Eric Locke / Jordan Eberle
Darcy Hordichuk / Geoff Bezruchko / Ian Schultz
Curtis Hamilton / Enver Lisin / Michael Neal
Injur. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Colten Teubert / Nick Schultz
Ryan Whitney / Cam Barker
Adam McQuaid / Henrik Tallinder

Rick DiPietro
Karri Ramo

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The Montreal Canadiens: An NHL 12 Be a GM

montreal_canadiens_1992.gif

The Montreal Canadiens are the most storied franchise in hockey history. No one even comes close. The fans are rabid for success and anything less than a competitive on ice product who contend for the Stanley Cup year after year leave the fans wanting more. The 2010-11 season ended the toughest of ways; a game 7 loss to your long time, historical rival in over time. One shot separated the Habs from the eventual Stanley Cup Champions (Boston) and the golf course. None the less the 2011-2012 season begins soon with the highest of expectations. Can they carry their success in to the next year, or will they fall to live up tot he pressure.

New General Manager Tyler White is tasked with leading his club to the promised land. "I grew up a Habs fan. The passion is in my blood going back to when my grandfather watched legends such as Maurice Richard and Jean Beliveau, to my father with the Lafleur generation to me with the Roy generation. I am looking to restore honor to the CH. The roster for day one of the regular season is below.

The 2011-2012 Montreal Canadiens (October 1, 2011)

Max Pacioretty-David Deshernais-Erik Cole
Rene Bourque-Tomas Plekanec-Brian Gionta
Matthieu Darche-Lars Eller-Travis Moen
Brad Staubitz-Ryan White-Mike Blunden

Josh Gorges-P.K Subban
Alexei Emelin-Andrei Markov
Tomas Kaberle-Chris Campoli

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Hamilton Bulldogs 2011-2012 (October 1, 2011)

Andrew Conboy-Blake Geoffrion-Louis Leblanc
Philip De Simone-Alexander Avtsin-Aaron Palushaj
Joey Haddad-Brian Willsie-Alain Berger
Danny Masse-Peterri Nokelainen-Ian Schultz

Alex Henry-Frederik St. Denis

Mark Mitera-Zach Fitzgerald
Joe Callahan-Garett Stafford

Nathan Lawson
Peter Delmas​

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I admit the 2011-2012 season will go by quickly, if only because in real life we are of course at the end. I will probably be at the draft in no time, but I will try and keep updated while I get there. The rest of the seasons will be much, much more timely/realistic in terms of time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Habs look to move Gomez

scott-gomez-1.jpg

Most view it as the impossible task, to move Scott Gomez, or more importantly the near 8 million dollars he is costing his current club. Traded for in 2010, Gomez has slowly regressed to being scratched from the teams opening day roster. New GM White says he is looking for suitors but is finding it difficult. "We are looking for a team for Scott, but it seems like the market is totally saturated. We have no time table for a move right now," admitted the 36 year old General Manager who is the leagues youngest. The most likely scenario for Gomez appears to be either a buy out during the off season or being sent down to Hamilton which will force him to go through waivers. Stay tuned for the latest.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
2012 ISS Draft Rankings Start of Season

iss_55975.jpg

Top 10 North American Skaters
1. Nail Yakupov
2. Alex Galchenyuk
3. Mikhail Grigorenko
4. Ryan Murray
5. Matthew Dumba
6. Dylan Willick
7. Morgan Rielly
8. Maxime Levesque
9. Derrick Poulliot
10. Radek Faksa

Top 10 European Skaters
1. Filip Forsberg
2. Teuvo Teravainen
3. Vladimir Dolnik
4. Dario Trutman
5. Nicolas Krammer
6. Tomi Tuppurainen
7. Sebastien Collberg
8. Nikolai Sharov
9. Pontus Aberg
10. Ludvig Bystrom

Top 5 Goalies Worldwide
1. Malcolm Subban
2. Andrei Vasilevski
3. Brandon Whitney
4. Jordon Cooke
5. Brandon Hope

There were a few surprises in the rankings. Notably Dylan Willick and Maxime Levesque in the top 10 among North Ameircan skaters. The ISS reminds us these are very early rankings and will change over the course of the upcoming season. A key player ranked low is Griffin Reinhart, the ISS gave no explanation for this low ranking of 43rd for the Oil Kings defender. Jacob Trouba was ranked 44th which puzzled many. As always, expect changes as the season progresses.​

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

The Mississauga News – Wednesday, May 27, 2015

308h16t.jpg

The Mississauga Mavericks are your 2015 Stanley Cup Champions

The Mississauga Mavericks eliminated the Philadelphia Flyers in 7 games, the Florida Panthers in 5 games, the New York Rangers in 7 games and the Edmonton Oilers in 6 games, becoming the 2015 Stanley Cup Champions. The six game series win included a gritty 4-3 Game 5 OT win, a convincing 5-1 Game 2 win, and two heartbreaking one-goal losses in Games 1 and 3. In the 25 games it took to win hockey’s greatest prize, the Mavericks were led by Jeff Skinner’s 25 points. Zach Boychuk notched 21, Eller 18, and Morrow and Williams both contributed 17. In an unlikely turn of events, two Mavericks fourth liners put up surprising numbers. Danish pivot Peter Regin and human-fridge Ben Eager hovered around the 0.50PPG mark and were key in the cup victory.

The 2015 Stanley Cup is first cup for the Mississauga Mavericks, but the second for the franchise as the Carolina Hurricanes won in 2006 with a team that included Justin Williams and Cam Ward. Cam Ward takes home his 2nd career Conn Smythe Trophy after putting up godly numbers and tying Martin Brodeur’s 2003 record of 7 shutouts.

“This is what you dream of… You can’t really put it into words… I just… It’s unbelievable” said a teary-eyed Jeff Skinner. Skinner captained the team in his hometown of Toronto for the last 3 years since they relocated. Brothers Marc and Jared Staal were seen sharing a lengthy embrace after the final buzzer. All four Staal brothers have now won the Stanley Cup, Eric was the first, oddly enough for the same Carolina/Mississauga franchise. Marc commented, “It’s the best feeling in the world, and the only thing better is that I got to share that experience with my brother, I think that’s a very unique and special privilege.”

MAVS win series 4-3
Game 1: 1-0 L
Game 2: 5-1 W
Game 3: 2-1 L
Game 4: 3-2 W
Game 5: 4-3 W OT
Game 6: 5-2 W

90px7q.png

Captain Jeff Skinner gives the precious hardware a big smooch

1zfludv.png

Cam Ward receives his well-earned, 2nd career Conn Smythe Trophy

ftdlyw.jpg

The Oilers and Mavericks convene at centre ice to exchange congratulations

2625oya.jpg

Captains Jeff Skinner and Ales Hemsky shake hands​

Last edited:

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
I'm fairly sure I've done that. I don't remember off the top of my head but I think the pro team part is set to Anaheim but blacked out. The "year drafted" option is set to undrafted..

EDIT: Also, do they have to be on a CHL team?

So before you create the guy, press the randomize button and check until the pro team option is not blacked out set it to none and good luck

Can you help me? I need to talk to an administrator as I am being bullied for my sexuality, and I really don't think that is nessasary as we're all here for hockey discussion not discrimation...

Anyways...good luck and have Aton of fun!!

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 13-2-2 to start the season off

The team plays great defense but the offense can't score ( somebody give me tips on what to change? )

the lines are

S.Gagne - J.Toews - J.Lupul
T.Galiardi - M.Fisher - J.McGinn
D.Miller - T.Brent - C.Armstrong
G.Parros - D.Steckel - M.Brown

H.Gill - M.Staal
R.Scuderi - R.McDonagh
B.Lee - A.Larsson

J.Quick
J.Giguere

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
So before you create the guy, press the randomize button and check until the pro team option is not blacked out set it to none and good luck

Can you help me? I need to talk to an administrator as I am being bullied for my sexuality, and I really don't think that is nessasary as we're all here for hockey discussion not discrimation...

Anyways...good luck and have Aton of fun!!

I dunno the situation, but...are you serious? It's the internet, you can't "bully" people. Stop being so sensitive...

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 NHL Entry Draft

2015 Draft Report
Mavericks First Round Includes a Big Risk in a Small Package
The Mississauga News - Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yuill34004.JPG

PHI 1/17; D Alex Yuill; Canada; 6’0†175; Barrie Colts OHL

-Barrie Colts defenseman Alex Yuill was a relatively safe pick for the Mavericks picking with the Flyers 17th pick. Yuill puts up 33 points in 61 games for the Colts this past season, using his above-average offensive instincts. Even when he’s not producing, the Wellington, ON native’s otherwise well-rounded games makes him a difference maker for the Colts.

Dylan_Anderson-001.jpg

MIS 1/30; C Daniel Desjardins; Canada; 5’9†177; Blainville-Boisbriand Armada QMJHL

-With their own pick at 30th overall, the Mavericks selected diminutive Quebecois centre Daniel Desjardins. Desjardins stands 5’9†and hails from Pincourt, QC, home of former Maverick Alex Burrows. Desjardins is purely a one-dimensional player, using an elite shot and puck-control to put up 97 points for the QMJHL’s Armada. Desjardins size and complete disregard for defensive play dropped the otherwise supremely skilled players severely in the draft, but Mavericks staff think they can teach Desjardins a more complete game.

Nathan+Lieuwen+OHL+v+WHL+mfMwScAi7F5l.jpg

DAL 2/35; G Robinson Rank; Canada; 6’4†209; Kootenay Ice WHL

-A goalie was selected by the Mavericks at 35th overall after acquiring the pick for depth defenseman Justin Faulk. Kootnay Ice’s Robinson Rank was the Mavs pick. The big-framed netminder uses a good glove hand and great rebound control but could work on his speed and movement.

Margonari__Comp_1_.jpg

MIS 4/120; D Grant Sasaki; USA; 6’6†220; Youngstown Phantoms USHL

-Grant Sasaki, a towering American defenseman from the USHL, mas selected 120th overall. Sasaki is committed to join the NCAA’s Colorado College. The Washington, DC native uses his tall frame well, possessing good strength and shot blocking ability. While he has an offensive skillset that is lacking, Sasaki’s long legs give him good speed, although he is not particularly agile.

profimedia-0089600789.jpg

MIS 5/150; RW Jogr Jahr; Germany; 5’9†177; Ingolstadt DEL

-Similar to Desjardins, 5th round pick Jorg Jahr is a small, defensively challenged forward. Jahr possesses good speed and a good shot, but is definitely a project.

collberg.jpg

MIS 6/180; LW Henrik Ottosson; Sweden; 6’0†222; Frolunda SEL

-Henrik Ottosson was the Mavericks 6th round selection. The big-framed Swede is a grinding winger, bringing a unique physicality. Ottosson is capable of the odd garbage goal, but his contributions remain mostly in supplying energy.

BC%2Bhockey%2Boutdoors%2B4.jpg

MIS 7/210; D Stephen Almond; USA; 6’1†218; Bishop Canevin High School USHS

-Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania high school Stephen Almond was the last pick of the draft. Almond played for Bishop Canevin High School in Pittsburgh, and will join the Ohio State Buckeyes. Almond plays with a mean-streak that made him unpopular among high school referees, and should he one day turn pro, expect the fists to start flying.

MAVERICKS Receive:
DAL 2nd Round Pick 2015

STARS Receive:
D Justin Faulk 80C

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs Update

max-pacioretty-2.jpg

Today the 15th of February the Montreal Canadiens sit in 5th in the Eastern Conference with a 29-18-10 record good for 68 points through the seasons first 60 games. The Habs are being led by Max Pacioretty who has 28 goals and Carey Price who has an 18-8 record with a 2.00 Goals Against Average and a .928 Save Percentage, among the leagues best.

Top 5 Goal Scorers on the Habs
1. Max Pacioretty (28)
2. Tomas Plekanec (21)
3. Brian Gionta (18)
4. Rene Bourque (17)
5. Davis Deshernais (12)

Top 5 Goal Scorers in the NHL
1. Steven Stamkos (44)
2. Patric Hornqvist (32)
3. Pavel Datsyuk (30)
4. Jason Spezza (29)
5. David Backes (29)

Top 5 Goals Against Average in the NHL (at least 20 starts!)
1. Carey Price (2.00)
2. Jimmy Howard (2.04)
3. Jaroslav Halak (2.05)
4. Tomas Vokun (2.19)
5. Tim Thomas (2.28)​

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs Off Season 2012

Carey_Price%20MVP.jpg

After failing to make the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, the Habs know they had a ton of work ahead of them for the off season. It should be an exciting off season in Montreal!

June 10, 2012,
The LA Kings have won the Stanley Cup! The Kings, 5th seed in the West defeated the 2nd seeded Buffalo Sabres in a 7 game series which went right down to the wire. The Kings beat the Chicago Blackhawks in 5, the San Jose Sharks in 6 and then the Detroit Red Wings in 5 in a pretty easy road to the cup. Buffalo on the other hand beat the New Jersey Devils in 6, the Toronto Maple Leafs in 4 straight then had a tough and emotional 7 game series with their division rivals; the Boston Bruins before heading off the finals which they would eventually lose. The Conn Smythe Trophy was awarded to Jonathan Quick as playoff MVP.

Other award winners were:
Hart Trophy: Steven Stamkos
James Norris Trophy: Sergei Gonchar
Lady Byng: Steven Stamkos
Calder: Ryan Nugent Hopkin
Vezina: Jimmy Howard
Selke: Pavel Datsyuk
Ted Lindsay Award: Steven Stamkos
Maurice Richard: Steven Stamkos (68)
Art Ross: Steven Stamkos (135)

next up, the NHL Draft!

Top Five Habs Goal Scorers
1. Max Pacioretty (40)
2. Tomas Plekanec (28)
3. Brian Gionta (25)
4. Rene Bourque (22)
5. Erik Cole (20)

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
2012_NHL_Draft.png

2012 NHL Entry Draft!

ISS Final 2012 Draft Rankings

1. Nail Yakupov
2. Alex Galchenyuk
3. Mikhail Grigorenko
4. Ryan Murray
5. Matthew Dumba
6. Morgan Rielly
7. Griffin Reinhart
8. Derrick Poulliot
9. Cody Ceci
10. Radek Faksa

Top 10 European Skaters
1. Filip Forsberg
2. Vladimir Dolnik
3. Teuvo Tervainen
4. Pontus Aberg
5. Sebastien Collberg
6. Dario Trutman
7. Lino Martschini
8. Erik Nystrom
9. Tomas Hertl
10. Ludvig Bystrom

Top 5 Goalies Worldwid
1. Jordon Cooke
2. Andrei Vasilevski
3. Malcolm Subban
4. Etienne Marcoux
5. Brandon Whitney

Habs 2012 Draft Picks

2e115430472aac5671079b13aaf5.jpg

MTL 1/14 C Radek Faksa Kitcher Rangers Ontario Hockey League

"We had to chose Radek. We debated him or Derrick Pulliot, but went with Faksa. He is a big bodied centre that we think, with time, will be able to jump in to a top six role right away. Our scouts loved his physicality and his goal scoring ability. He had 67 points this year in the OHL.

Erik-Nystr%C3%B6m.jpg

NSH 2/42 D Erik Nystrom Modo of the SEL

"We thought Erik posesed great offensive instincts. He played the past season in probably the 3rd or so best league in the world at 18. He had 2 points, but showed a lot of the skills we were looking for. He should be AHL ready next season."

bystrom.jpg

MTL 2/44th Overall D Ludvig Bystrom of Modo of SEL.

"Another Modo player, we think Ludvig has elite skills already and will do well to play in the AHL next year. We think he has second pairing potential and should be in the AHL next year in Hamilton."

Kamloops-Blazers-left-wing-Tim-Bozon.jpg

MTL 3/74th LW Tim Bozon Kamloops Blazers Western Hockey League

We were plesantly surprised that he fell this far. He will obviously need a lot more season, but he has the raw skills to be a top six winger in the NHL. We passed on Matt Finn, another guy we really liked who fell, but thought Bozon's skill set was ahead of Finn's.

145371756_extra_large.jpg

MTL 4/104th RW Anton Zlobin Shawinigan Cataractes of the QMJHL

He was passed over in his draft year, but Zlobin was one of the best goal scorers in the entire QMJHL and even scored the Memorial Cup winning goal. He will return to the QMJHL next season and play for a contract.

22a4d406491991d0b1ed2e49100c.jpg

MTL 6/164 G Dan Altshuller Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League.

As far as goalies go, he is very raw but still has good enough skills to one day be a good goalie in this league. He is 6'3" so he has the natural size, all it takes now is some solid coaching before he is ready to play professionally for our organization.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs Signings/Resignings

45216_penguins_canadiens_hockey.jpg

Carey Price *7 year/5.275 Per*
PK Subban *4 year/4.5 Per*
Lars Eller *3 Year/2.5 Per*
Travis Moen *2 Year/1.3 Per*
Alexei Emelin *2 Year/1.395 Per*
Ryan White *1 Year/.091 Per*
Blake Geoffrion *2 Year/.0760 Per*
Daniel Pribyl *3 Year ELC*
Danny Kristo *3 Year ELC*
Nathan Beaulieu *3 Year ELC*
Brendan Gallagher *3 Year ELC*
Morgan Ellis *3 Year ELC*
Patrick Holland *3 Year ELC*
Erik Nystrom *3 Year ELC*
Ludvig Bystrom *3 Year ELC*

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The 2012-2013 Montreal Canadiens (October 1, 2012)

Max Pacioretty-David Deshernais-Erik Cole
Travis Moen-Tomas Plekanec-Brian Gionta
Ryan White-Lars Eller-Rene Bourque
Joonas Nattinen-Louis Leblanc-Blake Geoffrion

Josh Gorges-P.K Subban
Tomas Kaberle-Andrei Markov
Yannick Weber-Alexei Emelin

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Hamilton Bulldogs 2012-2013 (October 1, 2012)

Andrew Conboy-Scott Gomez-Aaron Palushaj
Alain Berger-Alex Avtsin-Danny Kristo
Danny Masse-Peterri Nokelainen-Ian Schultz
Gabriel Dumont-Andreas Engqvist-Phil Di Simone

Joe Callahan-Alex Henry
Garett Stafford-Frederick St. Denis
Mark Mitera-Brendan Nash

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

***I forgot the game puts your 20 YO prospects back in the CHL so they sadly will not be playing AHL***​

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
ISS 2013 Rankings Start of Season

iss.jpg

1. Nathan Mackinnon
2. Connor McDavid (Set the wrong DOB)
3. Seth Jones
4. Hunter Shinkaruk
5. Curtis Lazar
6. Ryan Pulock
7. Sean Monhan
8. Anthony Duclair
9. Jordan Subban
10. Sawyer Lange

Top 10 Euro Skaters
1. Aleksander Barkov Jr.
2. Daniele Grassi
3. Viktor Semin
4. Junior Barta
5. Jose Gunderson
6. Sven Andrighetto
7. Serej Chistov
8. Patrik Machac
9. Christopher Fish
10. Gustav Possler

Top 5 Goalies Worldwide
1. Richard Ullberg
2. John Gibson
3. Andreas Horberg
4. Viktor Kokman
5. Oscar Dansk​

Last edited:

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Damn, I thought about starting to post here again but seeing these other posts, my posts would get buried here. :cry:

Good job guys, great stuff!

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders deal Montoya for Gomez and picks

New York Islanders have maiden a trade where they trade their goalie Al Montoya to Montreal Canadiens for center Scott Gomez and 2nd and 4th round picks in 2013 draft. 2nd round pick is originally from Nashville Predators.

"We felt that it could be good for us to take a chance to see what Scott can do on the ice. He has had couple bad season, as we all know, but I trust in him. I'm a believer", said Islanders GM Southfield.

"Dealing Al was hard, but you have to give to get. Canadiens wanted a backup for Price and they got a good guy there. We are in a good position too. We have a good tandem Harding-Poulion in our goal now. Both want prove to NHL-world that they are capable to play. Good, business deal for us."

Gomez has a hefty contract still running two season. 7.355M per year. Southfield wasn't sure if they will buy him out after the season.

- MSG Media

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Great stuff Guys!

:isles
25 Game Report​
12-10-3
27 Points
10th in East
19th in League​

The New York Islanders are right in the playoff race, only being 3 points out of the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. Josh Bailey and Matt Moulson have led the way for the Islanders, both being the top two leaders for the most points. Newcomer Alex Edler is also having a season to remember, having 11 points in 25 games. "I feel this is the year where we could get something done, where we could be a force to reckon with," says Edler. "I'm pretty excited to see how things go." Unfortunately, Frans Nielsen is having a season to not remember. His point totals are the same this year as last season, but Nielsen has only had 1 point in the past 7 games. Islanders goaltender, Al Montoya, is having an average season, having a 2.51GAA.

bailey-nj.jpg
Josh Bailey is having a season to remember, putting up 17 points in 25 games.​

Statistics- 25 Games​

1. J.Bailey 17p 6g 11a
2. M.Moulson 16p 8g 8a
3. K.Okposo 15p 6g 9a
4. M.Ryder 13p 7g 6a
5. F.Nielsen 13p 2g 11a
6. P.A.Parenteau 13p 6g 7a
7. M.Streit 13p 3g 10a
8. A.Edler 11p 3g 8a
9. C.Cizikas 9p 5g 4a
10. A.Ness 9p 0g 9a

Goaltending:

Al Montoya: 12W 7L 3OT 2.51GAA 91.7sv% 2SO
Rick Dipietro: 0W 3L 3.33GAA 90.0sv% 0SO

New York Islanders 2013-2014 Lines​

Moulson- Nielsen- Okposo
Parenteau- Bailey- Ryder
Cooke- Cizikas- Yip
Ullstrom- *Hamill-Kalus
Martin, Reasoner

Edler- Streit
Ness-Wishart
*Murphy-Jurcina
Eaton

Montoya
Dipietro

*Indicates the player is a rookie

Overall: 83 (89/90 offense, 78 defense)

:isles

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 Off-season

Defending A Championship
Sharp, Malone, Kindl Join Strong Mavericks Line-up
The Mississauga News - Saturday, September 19, 2015

Patrick-Sharp.jpg

Patrick Sharp is not just a premier two-way player, the 33 year old put up 78 points last season

The difficult task of defending a Stanley Cup victory begins now for the Mississauga Mavericks. Not since the Detroit Red Wings in 97 and 98 has a team won back-to-back Stanley Cups. In order to ensure the Mavericks are given that opportunity, GM Julien Brisebois went to work in the off-season, adding valuable assets to the line-up. The biggest addition is Patrick Sharp who was brought in via trade with the Chicago Blackhawks. Brisebois had to put together an impressive package to pry the ever-underrated Sharp from the Blackhawks, parting ways with Dmitry Orlov, Alex Avtsin, a 1st round and a 3rd round pick in the 2016 Draft. Sharp brings an abundance of skill and, much like his centre Lars Eller, great defensive responsibility, this will allow Kirk Muller to lean heavily on his top line in all situations and take some pressure and spotlight off of Nail Yakupov. Notable departures including Andrew MacDonald who the club decided not to re-sign, and vetran Brenden Morrow. Vladislav Namestnikov decided to leave North America, signing with the KHL's SKA St.Petersburg. Ryan Malone was brought in on a one year contract, bringing experience and knowledge to a Mavericks third line that will sport two rookies in Brent Benson and Artturi Lehkonen. The Mavericks did not re-sign Andrew MacDonald, opting instead to sign Czech defender Jakub Kindl. Kindl spent the last season with the San Jose Sharks, where he put up a career high 48 points. Kindl's high-octane offensive skills should pair nicely with physical, dependable Jarred Tinordi, or top shutdown defenseman Rasmus Rissanen.

Not re-signed
C James Wright
C Chris Vandevelde
C Vladislav Namestnikov
LW Brenden Morrow
LW Philip De Simone
RW Ben Smith
RW Rhett Rakhshani
RW Chaz Johnson
D Andrew MacDonald
D Richard Petiot
D Sasha Pokulok

Re-signed:
D Marc Staal 89C; 5yrs/5.500M
RW Justin Williams 87C-; 1yr/4.500M
D Jarred Tinordi 83B-; 2yrs/1.450M
D Dmitry Orlov 82C; 1yr/1.470M (Sign and trade; Sharp deal)
C Alexander Avtsin 81B-; 2yrs/1.700M (Sign and trade; Sharp deal)
D Jamie Oleksiak 81B-; 2yrs/1.050M
LW Ben Eager 80C-; 1yr/1.200M
C Peter Regin 80C; 2yrs/1.300M
W Jared Staal 79B-; 2yrs/0.735M
G Gabriel Girard 78B-; 2yrs/0.700M
LW Teuvo Teravainen 77B-; 2yrs/0.925M/2-way
C Louis-Marc Aubry 74C; 1yr/0.610M/2-way

Entry Level Contracts
C Daniel Desjardins 74B- (2015 30th Overall)
C Carson Perreaux74C (2014 147th Overall)
C Axel Rioux 73C (2013 200th Overall)
RW Esa Norrena 71B (2014 207th Overall)
G Robinson Rank 74B- (2015 35th Overall)

Free Agency
W Ryan Malone 84D; 1yr/3.150M
D Jakub Kindl 81C; 1yr/2.800M
W Joel Ward 81C-; 1yr/1.600M
D Joe Stejskal 76C; 1yr/1.000M/2-way
D Konsta Makinen 75B-; 3yrs/0.555M/2-way
RW Benjamin Laliberte 74B-; 3yrs/0.555M/2-way
D Graeme Craig 74B-; 3yrs/0.555M/2-way

Trades
MAVERICKS Receive
LW Patrick Sharp 90C-
BLACKHAWKS Receive
D Dmitry Orlov 82C
C Alex Avtsin 81B-
MIS 1st Round Pick 2016
MIS 3rd Round Pick 2016

Jason+Arnott+Jakub+Kindl+New+Jersey+Devils+oAwRDlajHGtl.jpg

Jakub Kindl was a long time developing in the Red Wings system, but found great success with San Jose last season

ryan_murphy_large.jpg

Also a long time developing, Ryan Murphy's days of short stints with the Mavericks looks to be over. Murphy hopes to hold down an NHL spot this season.

sm2_7SH53323022.jpg

Two-way centre Brent Benson led the Calder Cup Champion Charlotte Checkers in points in 2014/15. Kirk Muller believes the Saskatchewanite is ready for third-line duties.

Joel+Ward+Washington+Capitals+v+Florida+Panthers+961LCrqCWSSl.jpg

Joel Ward comes to the Mavericks from the Washington Capitals, and was signed for depth and dependability

6655995.bin

After an outstanding season in junior that included a Gold Medal with Canada at the World Juniors in Zurich,
London's Max Domi makes the transition to Charlotte, and will be given every opportunity to succeed.

Sami+Vatanen+2011+IIHF+World+U20+Championship+hrGgD1xb-Ctl.jpg

Finnish Free Agent Konsta Makinen chose the Mavericks out of his many suitors. The 5'9" defenseman will put his excellent puck moving skills to the test in Charlotte.

MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
Patrick Sharp / Lars Eller / Jeff Skinner (C)
Nail Yakupov / Zach Boychuk / Justin Williams (A)
Artturi Lekhonen* / Brent Benson* / Ryan Malone
Ben Eager / Peter Regin / Jared Staal
x. Joel Ward, Victor Rask*

Jamie McBain (A) / Marc Staal
Jakub Kindl / Jarred Tinordi
Ryan Murphy* / Rasmus Rissanen
x. Jamie Oleksiak*

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

CHARLOTTE CHECKERS
Teuvo Teravainen (A) / Max Domi / Connor Brown
Alex Galchenyuk / Aspen Sterzer / Tyrell Goulbourne (C)
Carson Perreaux / Daniel Desjardins / Esa Norrena
Axel Rioux / Louis-Marc Aubry / Benjamin Laliberte

Keegan Lowe (A) / Nicklas Brouillard
Konsta Makinen / Jeff Corbett
Joe Stejskal / Graeme Craig

Gabriel Girard
Igor Bobkov

Underline = New Player
*= NHL Rookie​

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Gonna do a Flyers Be a GM, may or may not do a write up.

Btw what would you suggest Filip Fiorsberg be rated? Wanna put him on a CHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad