NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Tampa Bay trades away their 2013 3rd RD pick and their 2014 3rd RD pick to Buffalo for Rob Scuderi

Our reason for that trade was that we wanted someone who can block shots and play defense

Holzer was sent down to Norfolk and Scuderi will play on the 2nd Pairing with McDonagh

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders ready to start season

New York Islanders held their training camp and they are ready to defend their championship from last year. This year it's little bit different as Islanders traded alternate captain and leading defenseman Mark Streit to Rangers for two 1st rounders.

"Yes, we know that it may be harder this year than last year. We got a good deal with Rangers, and I would do it again today. We got a great young defenseman in Alex Gudbranson with this year's pick and next year we will get another great young player", said GM Southfield.

Gudbranson led Islanders in hits and was third in shots when he played three games in training camp.

"But we have pretty much all other guys in our team from cup-winning team. Konopka comes to Reasoner's place and that's equal exchange, I think."

New York Islanders will play with these lines against New Jersey in season opener:

Ruslan Fedotenko - John Tavares - Michael Grabner
Jeremy Morin . Nikolai Antropov- Rick Nash
Matt Martin - Brandon Sutter - Rhett Rakhshani
Michael Haley - Zenon Konopka - George Parros

Cam Barker - Travis Hamonic
Doug Murray - Chris Tanev
Andrew MacDonald - Milan Jurcina

Al Montoya
Josh Harding

- MSG Media

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
Thought I'd give this a shot, I'm not going to do a full write up since I'm already a couple seasons in but I'll give a brief overview of the team and some moves I made the past off-season with my Leafs GM

straka91*

NHL 11 Be A GM Fantasy Draft

Blackhawks Season 1 Simmed
44 - 26 -12
3rd round exit

Line Up

Moen - Plekanec - T. Ruutu
Calder - Laich - Nickulas
Prust - Nichol - Dvorak
Thornton - M. Keith - Barch

Timmonen - Robidas
J. Vandermeer - Strudwick
Babchuck - Skoula

Bullin Wall
Leighton

Moen was beast for me on the 1st line. 30 goals and 42 assists. Barely made the cap floor lol.

Offseason moves:

Traded
Bullin Wall for Raycroft

Signed
Bryz 5 year deal 5.645
Arnott 1 year deal 1.55
Gill 1 year deal 1.85
Modin 1 year deal .8
Madden 1 year deal .85
Sykora 1 year deal .85
Lessard 1 year deal .6
Rupp 4 year deal. 1.55

Let go
Laich (under performed and demanded too much)
Thornton
Barch
Strudwick
Skoula

Bought out
Leighton .86 cap hit

Resigned
Babchuk 4 year deal 1.57
J. Vandermeer 3 year deal 1.85 (He was beast for me all around)
Dvorak 2 year deak 1.885
Nickulas 1 year 2 way .980
Calder 2 year .915

I play it realistically. I judge what they would get on market and how they performed for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
2014/15 Opening Season Report

Fresh off a Stanley Cup winning season, the Leafs, who through a series of shrewd and tactful key ufa signings and trades and lucky drafting went from a bottom 5 team, to a contender over the course of several seasons.

It all started after the hiring of the new GM in the 2011-12 season, with the selling off of some of the teams valuable assets in order to "get this rebuild started right"

Only a handful of players remain from the original roster.

The dynamic speedy winger Phil Kessel; top goalie James Reimer; Nikolai Kulemin, the physical Russian workhorse; "The Human Eraser" Luke Schenn; top prospects Jake Gardiner and Nazem Kadri; as well as a handful of prospects including Matt Frattin, Jesse Blacker, Marcel Mueller and Carter Ashton.

Heading into this years draft, the Leafs were held without picks in the first three rounds which were traded to bolster their offense for their playoff run. The highlight of the draft was their 4th round selection of the mobile Ukranian defenseman Vitali Moroza, who has the potential to one day be a top 3 defenseman for the Leafs.

In the summer heading into the new season, the Leafs remained relatively quiet compared to previous off-seasons. Other than trading for recent 7th overall pick; the shifty sniper Alexander Kapitanov and some depth signings, the Leafs made no significant moves.

Here is the Leafs roster set to play in their home-opener against the Detroit Red Wings.

Yakupov - Tavares (C) - Kessel
Couturier - E. Staal - Grigorenko
Kulemin (A) - Kadri - Aston
Mueller - Gaunce - Frattin

Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Gardiner - Schenn (A)
Davis - Blacker

Reimer
Bernier

Led by captain John Tavares, the Leafs hope to start the season off on a good start and continue on last seasons post-season dominance where they went 16-5 in the playoffs.

Tavares coming off a dominant 120 pt season that saw him win the Art Ross, Hart, Conn Smythe and Ted Lindsay trophies had this to say to reporters.

"Last year we had a great season, after the deadline and acquisition of Olly [Ekman-Larsson] everybody just seemed click together, I wouldn't have had the season I had if it wasn't for my teammates. But right now we're hoping to continue on that and win the first game at home for the fans."

Leafs Top Prospects:

RW - Alexander Kapitanov 8.0B
D - Aaron Ekblad 8.0C
D - Matt Murphy 7.5B
D - Vitali Moroza 8.0D
D - Olli Maata 7.0B
C - Tomas Hertl 7.0C

Last edited:

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I had a lot of fun writing that, didn't plan on writing so much but I couldn't stop lol

I can't remember most of my earlier deals but I'll do my best.

- Traded a bunch of players+picks for the 1st overall (Yakupov) and 5th overall (Grigorenko)
- Offersheeted Tavares
- Mac+Franson+2nd for Couturier
- Phaneuf+Percy+2nd for Myers
- Grabovski+ for Oshie
- Oshie for E. Staal straight up last season
- 1st+2nd+3rd+player for OEL (I can't remember who lol)
- Traded Colborne+ for Bernier

Last edited:

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I had a lot of fun writing that, didn't plan on writing so much but I couldn't stop lol

I can't remember most of my earlier deals but I'll do my best.

- Traded a bunch of players+picks for the 1st overall (Yakupov) and 5th overall (Grigorenko)
- Offersheeted Tavares
- Mac+Franson+2nd for Couturier
- Phaneuf+Percy+2nd for Myers
- Grabovski+ for Oshie
- Oshie for E. Staal straight up last season
- 1st+2nd+3rd+player for OEL (I can't remember who lol)
- Traded Colborne+ for Bernier
Wow lot of trades. Good job!!

straka91*

Season 3 line up lol

Moen - Plekanec - Ruutu
Cohen - Umberger - Neil
Fedotenko - Arnott - Bernier
Prust - Rupp - Sykora/Lewis/Rechlicz

Timonen - Souray
Gill - J. Vandermer
Corrente - Babchuck

Byz
Budaj

This team bangs bodies and rakes in the screen tip goals. Also very good for my trapping style I play when I play a game or 2. Love this team even though most would hate it lol. Not good for simming though. Souray had 73 points when I simmed. :) I have a lot of solid D prospects in the minors that I drafted. 4 have B potentials and they were late rounders. They are very small in size tough. All but one under 6 ft tall.

The teams in my division are stacked with fighters, hence the reason I loaded up on them/

Last edited by a moderator:

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
:flames
2011-12 Season Review​

The Calgary Flames finished the 2011-12 campaign with a disappointing 37-38-7 record. Their 81 points were ten short of a playoff berth and saw them to 14th in the Western Conference.

The Nashville Predators claimed the Stanley Cup in six games over the Winnipeg Jets. Winnipeg's cinderella story came just two wins from a Stanley Cup championship in their first season since relocating from Atlanta. In the end, the first placed Predators were too strong en route to the franchises first Stanley Cup.

2012 NHL Entry Draft

The Flames held the 5th overall pick in the 2012 Entry Draft and used it to select center Alex Galchenyuk. The gifted playmaker will be a big part of the Flames future and should fit in nicely with last season first round selection Sven Bartschi.

Draft Summary:

1st Round: C, Alex Galchenyuk, 74B
3rd Round: RW, Mikhail Grigorenko, 72B-
4th Round: D, Ryan Murray, 72B-
5th Round: LW, Pierre-Oliver Morin, 70C
6th Round: RW, Brett Ritchie, 71C
7th Round: G, Oscar Dansk, 73B-
7th Round: G, Brandon Whitney, 68B-

Free Agency:

Not Resigned (Notables):
Stajan (Buy Out)
Moss (UFA)
Jokinen (UFA)
Sarich (UFA)
Comeau (RFA)

Resigned (Notables):
Stempniak, 1yr, $1.95m
Hannan, 1yr, $1.6m

UFA's Signed:
Cervenka, 1yr, $0.9m
Stoll, 1yr, $3.0m
Prust, 2yrs, $0.95m

Trades:
G, Karlsson + 4th round draft pick to MIN for G Matthew Murray

2012-13 Line-up:

Tanguay-Cervenka-Iginla
Cammalleri-Galchenyuk-Glencross
Bartschi-Stoll-Stempniak
Prust-Backlund-Jackman
X - Horak

Hannan-Giordano
Butler-Bouwmeester
Smith-Brodie
X - Babchuk

Kiprusoff
Ramo
X - Irving

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Man, I have trouble sticking to just one GM Mode for a long time.
I'm starting yet another one. :laugh:

:stars Hire New GM

The Dallas Stars have hired former NHLer Deku Scrub as their new general manager.

"I have huge plans for this franchise" he told the media. "Watch out for the Dallas Stars in the years to come."

The new head-honcho started off his tenure with the team by shipping off his 2014 2nd round draft pick and his 2012 5th round to Ottawa in exchange for LW prospect Shane Prince. (68 overall, A- ,B- ,B) He also picked up veteran grinder Chris Neil on waivers.

2011-12 Team Line-up

L. Eriksson (87) - M. Ribeiro (85) - M. Ryder (82)
J. Benn (87) - S. Ott (82) - B. Morrow (87)
R. Dvorak (80) - V. Fiddler (80) - Chris Neil (82)
E. Nystrom (80) - J. Dowell (78) - A. Burish (79)

A. Goligoski (83) - T. Daley (84)
M. Fistric (82) - S. Souray (83)
A. Pardy (79) - S. Robidas (81)

K. Lehtonen (87)
A. Raycroft (80)

GM Deku Scrub will be looking to add skill to his roster all year.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:stars Trade Deadline Report

"In all honesty, I didn't think we would be where we are right now at the beginning on the season."

That's what Dallas Stars general manager Deku Scrub had to say about his team's success during the 2011-12 season. His team currently sits in 2nd place in the Western Conference, and third overall in the league with a record of 37-17-8, good for 82 points.
The Stars' success is all thanks to one man: goaltender Kari Lehtonen. In talks for the Vezina trophy, he has the second-best save percentage in the league (.928) and the best GAA (2.10).

The team is offensively challenged, however. They only have a 2.73 goals per game average. Heading into the trade deadline, GM Deku Scrub would love to add some more offensive skill to his squad.

Trade Deadline

Dallas Receives:
LW V. Stalberg

Chicago Receives:
Dallas - 2012 - 2nd
Los Angeles - 2012 - 2nd
C Tom Wandell

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Yo! I havent updated my Avs beagm this wknd (Dads bday+fathers day) so I may post tonight, or tomorrow about the Stastny-Schwartz deal and free agency. :cheers:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:stars 2011-12 Season Wrap-up

Despite finishing 5th in the Western Conference with a record of 47 - 26 - 9, the Dallas Stars did not have a successful post-season. They were eliminated in five games by the San Jose Sharks, who went on to win the Stanley Cup.

"I'm still proud of our team. We finally made it back to the playoffs, and we'll build on this next year." - GM Deku Scrub

Offseason

At the NHL Awards in Las Vegas, Kari Lehtonen was awarded the Vezina Trophy.

During free agency, the Stars signed veteran center Olli Jokinen.
GM Deku Scrub also shipped off defender Adam Pardy and a 2013 2nd round pick to Edmonton in exchange for Ladislav Smid.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders interested in Bouwmeester?

There are rumors whirling around the league that the New York Islanders have expressed their interest to acquire defenseman Jay Bouwmeester from Calgary Flames. Bouwmeester, 29, is speedy offensive defenseman who has a good shot. It is rumored that Islanders aren't happy to way how Cam Barker plays. They want more "safer" defenseman.

- MSG Media

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Posted this on the Part 4.

Quick note:

Nathan Beaulieu just won his second consecutive Norris trophy after scoring 29+45=74 points with a +/- of +27. The year before he scored 28+36=64 points and a +/- of +27. He is signed until 2022-2023 with a cap hit of 3,5m.

(Detroit Red Wings, year 2017-2018.)

EDIT: Third consecutive, 26+51=77 points, +/- of +41
EDIT2: Fourth consecutive, 26+40=66 points.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
2012-13 End of Season Report​
:nhl

Awards:

Stanley Cup: New Jersey Devils
Campbell Trophy: San Jose Sharks
Prince of Wales Trophy: New Jersey Devils
Conn Smythe Trophy: Alex Ovechkin- Washington Capitals
Hart Memorial Trophy: Alex Ovechkin- Washington Capitals
Vezina Trophy: Tim Thomas- Boston Bruins
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Phil Kessel- Toronto Maple Leafs
Calder Memorial Trophy: Brett Maclean- Phoenix Coyotes
Norris Trophy: Keith Yandle- Phoenix Coyotes
Selke Trophy: Alex Ovechkin- Washington Capitals
Ted Lindsay Trophy: Alex Ovechkin- Washington Capitals
Art Ross Trophy: Jamie Benn 90 Points- New Jersey Devils
Maurice Richard Trophy: Alex Ovechkin 43 Goals- Washington Capitals
Jennings Trophy: Antti Niemi 2.16 GAA- San Jose Sharks

New York Islanders
:isles
35-38-9
79 Points
14th in Eastern Conference
26th in League

Statistics

Kyle Okposo- 70
Matt Moulson- 60
Mark Streit- 51
Michael Ryder- 50
Josh Bailey- 44
P.A. Parenteau- 37
Aaron Ness- 30
David Ullstrom- 30
*Casey Cizikas- 27

Goals
Matt Moulson- 30
Kyle Okposo- 26
Josh Bailey- 21
Frans Nielsen- 18
Michael Ryder- 16

Assists
Frans Nielsen- 58
Kyle Okposo- 44
Mark Streit- 38
Michael Ryder- 34
Matt Moulson- 30

Goaltenders
Rick Dipietro- 19W 27L 5OT 2.79G.A.A 91.1sv%
Al Montoya- 13W 5L 4OT 2.47G.A.A. 92.1sv% 1SO​

After yet another disappointing season, the New York Islanders organization are ready for the offseason. P.A. Parenteau, Frans Nielsen, Matt Moulson, and Josh Bailey are a few of the Isles free agents that they will have to re-sign. The Isles also have the draft to look forward to. "I can assure you that we are 100% ready for this draft. The organization is very excited for the up and coming prospects that we will be drafting. I am looking for players that are wanting to win. This is what we are demanding for," declares the Islanders General Manager. "The players we will be drafting will have an immediate impact to the club. We are very excited." On a different note, Frans Nielsen was the most impressive player on the Islanders squad this year, putting up 76 points. Not far behind him was Kyle Okposo, who put 70 points on the board, which isn't too shabby. Okposo and Nielsen will be the free agents that the Isles will pursue the most to re-sign.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2014-15 (38-22-6), 3rd East

Deadline Report
High Draft Pick Sterzer Loses Tampa's Confidence
Picked Up By Mavericks Squad Poised For Continued Success

The Mississauga News - Sunday, March 8, 2015

bilde

Sterzer's incredibly well-rounded game made him the 5th overall pick in the 2014 draft, but has yet to translate in pro-ranks

The Mississauga Mavericks one trade during the 2015 NHL Trade Deadline saw them cash in on the impatience of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Kamloops Blazers centre Aspen Sterzer was drafted 5th overall in June's 2014 Draft by the Lightning, and immediately turned pro, joining the Norfolk Admirals. 56 games into his rookie season in the AHL, Sterzer had managed to put up 21 points for the Admirals, a total that Tampa Bay apparently thought was far too low. In an attempt to cut their losses, Sterzer was shopped by the Lightning, and the Mavericks' Julien Brisebois was more than happy to take on the Canal Flats, BC native. Sterzer joins a Charlotte Checkers squad going through a tumultuous season. Offensive output has gone down throughout the roster including the likes of Namestnikov and Teravainen, and one consistent, Ben Smith, has spent most of the season with Mississauga. "We can afford to be patient with Aspen." noted Brisebois. "We have many centres in our system so there is no rush for him. We like his all-around game and won't be surprised if he becomes a valuable NHLer one day." Sterzer's game is not unlike that of Brent Benson who is enjoying a spike in offensive numbers this year for Charlotte. Both are not particularly fast, but a good understanding of the game gives them a distinct advantage over their opponent, and a keen defensive awareness keeps them on their coach's good side.

Meanwhile in the NHL, the Mississauga Mavericks sit 3rd in the Eastern Conference, well on their way to make it back in the playoffs for a third straight year after losing in the conference finals to the Senators. Similar to their AHL counterparts, offensive numbers haven't exactly sky-rocketed for the Mavericks who have the 28th ranked Goals For in the NHL, including a 29th ranked powerplay. The Mavericks are being kept alive by a 5th ranked defense that helps them win many close games, helped considerably by another season of stellar numbers from Cam Ward. Mississauga has struggled down the left side as young Nail Yakupov's 20 points in 66 games signal that he is still coming into his own 3 seasons after being selected 1st overall in 2012, and 36 year old Brendan Morrow is beginning to show his age in the last year of his contract.

MAVERICKS Receive
C Aspen Sterzer 74B-

LIGHTNING Receive
LW Patrik Urban 74B-

MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
Nail Yakupov / Lars Eller / Jeff Skinner (C)
Brendan Morrow / Zach Boychuk / Justin Williams (A)
Jared Staal / Alexander Avtsin / Connor Brown
Ben Eager / Peter Regin / Ben Smith
x. Rhett Rakhshani, Chris Vandevelde

Jamie McBain / Marc Staal (A)
Dmitry Orlov / Andrew MacDonald
Rasmus Rissanen / Jarred Tinordi
x. Justin Faulk

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

CHARLOTTE CHECKERS
Artturi Lehkonen / Vladimir Namestnikov / Tyrell Goulbourne
Teuvo Teravainen / Brent Benson / Chris Durno
Victor Rask / Aspen Sterzer / Alex Galchenyuk
Philip De Simone / Louis-Marc Aubry / Chaz Johnson

Ryan Murphy / Jamie Oleksiak
Keegan Lowe / Jeff Corbett
Sasha Pokulok / Richard Petiot

Gabriel Girard
Igor Bobkov

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
Hello Everyone ;)

Why is Nail Yakupov NOT considered a rookie?

Is there a roster update that may solve this?

This is quite annoying, Gee EA should get this right for NHL 13!

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Damn, havent gotten around to my Avalanche beagm. Dunno when Ill post next. Till then, :cheers:

Speedster

Just a king.
Dec 28, 2011
Canada
September 17th 2011

:isles

Snow Fired

104334497_crop_650x440.jpg

Garth Snow has been fired and Brodie Miller was sent in to replace Snow

Big news came from New York this morning the Islanders officialy fired General Manager Garth Snow and Brodie Miller is now the replacement. Miller says his plans for this team is to try for the playoffs in the first season and in the third we'll go for the cup. Miller also said that they won't be looking for prospects any more and don't be surprised if you see prospects like Ninodreitter leave. There looking for an immediate help in both offense and defense.

I'll start this up when my PS3 gets fixed.​

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Just won 42 games in my first season after relocating the Panthers to become the Hartford Huskies.

Had the 14th overall pick, and I got Faksa. I also got Andreas Athnasfklkldfh (I dunno how to spell it, LOL), and Brandon Hope.

Faksa has decent potential (BB-B), but I don't think he'll be anything special. An okay draft, but not really any high-impact players, unless Faksa's potential increases.

Hoping that I can get either MacKinnon in 2013 or McDavid in 2014. If I don't get them, then I'll cheat and save and reload until I get a GOOD franchise player, LOL.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Stars Defeated by Blackhawks in 2012-13 Playoffs

Corey+Crawford+Dallas+Stars+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+kS9s-K9n9WMl.jpg

Above: Stars grinder Adam Burish is stopped on a breakaway by Hawks goaltender Corey Crawford in the Western Conference Finals.

It was a matchup between two regular season powerhouses in the Western Conference final this year. The number 1 seed, Chicago, versus the number 2 seed Dallas. Both teams actually tied for the President's Trophy with 108 points each, but it was awarded to Chicago due to the team having more ROW.

Let's take a look at how the Dallas Stars got to where they did this season:

Record: 51 - 25 - 6

Leading Goal Scorer: Loui Eriksson (35 goals)
Assist Leader: Mike Ribeiro (71 assists, most in the league)

Mid-Season Transactions:
Traded Stephan Robidas to LA for Matt Greene at the deadline

Dallas Stars 2012-13 Playoff Run Recap

In the first round, the Stars fell behind 3-0 to the LA Kings, but stormed back and won the series in seven games.

Again, in round two, the Stars fell down early in the series. Against the Minnesota Wild, the team was down 3-1, but again came back and won the series.

However, that would be the end of the team's comebacks for this season. In the Western Conference Finals, the Chicago Blackhawks swept the Dallas Stars.

GM Deku Scrub has confirmed that he is looking to shake up certain things about his team's roster for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad