NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:stars Offseason Recap

It was a huge off-season for Dallas Stars GM Deku Scrub. He pulled off a huge trade and signed some big-name free agents.

NHL Entry Draft:

1st Round: Pavel Kulikov 23rd Overall (Center - B-,B-,B)
4th Round: Rasmus Ristolainen 118th Overall (Defense, C, B-, B-)
5th Round: Dylan Macdonald 148th Overall (Defense, A-, C-, C)
7th Round: Ben Johnson 208th Overall (Center - C, B-, B-)

Trades:
Dallas Receives:

RW Phil Kessel (90 Ovr - C,C,C)

Toronto Receives:

RW Michel Ryder (83 Ovr - C-,C-,C-)
D Sheldon Souray (83 Ovr - D,D,D)
2016 2nd Round Pick

Free Agent Signings:

D Brad Stuart (85 Ovr, C,C,C)
C Chris Kelly (82 Ovr, C,C,C)
LW Tyson Ness (72 Ovr, A-, B, B-)
D Scott McKay (71 Ovr, C, A-, B)

2013-14 Lineup

Dallas Stars
L. Eriksson (87) - M. Ribeiro (87) - P. Kessel (90)
J. Benn (88) - O, Jokinen (83) - B. Morrow (87)
S. Ott (83) - C. Kelly (82) - V. Stalberg (82)
E. Nystrom (81) - V. Fiddler (80) - A. Burish (80)

T. Daley (85) - M. Greene (87)
A. Goligoski (84) - B. Stuart (85)
L. Smid (84) - M. Fistric (84)

K. Lehtonen (88)
R. Bachman (76)

Top Prospects:
LW Shane Prince (75 Ovr, SNP, A-, A-, B-)
RW Max Gortz (74 Ovr, SNP, B, C, A)
LW Tyson Ness (72 Ovr, TWF, A-, B, B-)
C Emil Molin (74 Ovr, SNP, B, B-, B-)
C Pavel Kulikov (73 Ovr, TWF, B-, B- , B)
D Scott Mckay (71 Ovr, DFD, C, A-, B)
D Philip Larsen (77 Ovr, TWD, B-, B-, B-)
D Myles Bell (74 Ovr, TWD, C, B, B)
G Jack Campbell (78 Ovr, HYB, A, B-, A-)

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders in trade talks with Florida and Montreal?

New York Islanders are rumored to be on market to make a move or two. They have started the season with 7-4-5 record and haven't scored in 3 games from previous 5 games. Now there are rumors saying that Islanders GM Anatsu Southfield may move some of his players. Rumored is that either or both center Brandon Sutter and d-man Cam Barker could be on move.

From what we have heard the main interest from Islanders could be some defenseman, like Keaton Ellerby, last draft's Islanders' first selection Alex Gudbranson's brother Erik or veteran player like Josh Gorges from Montreal. Also Islanders could want some forward to come also in deal. Wojtek Wolski, Sean Bergenheim, Ryan White being the top options for Southfield.

Trade could happen in any minute now when Islanders are frustrated for their play as for now. Team isn't winning right now. Is it Cup-hangover or what? That Southfield and his team is trying to solve.

- MSG Media

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hello Everyone ;)

Why is Nail Yakupov NOT considered a rookie?

Is there a roster update that may solve this?

This is quite annoying, Gee EA should get this right for NHL 13!

No idea.

No.

There is a thread to talk about NHL12. This is a thread to talk about the team you made in Be a GM.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
(45-29-8), 3rd East

Stanley Cup Or Bust!
Mavericks Break Loose In Final Period Of Regular Season, Look Ready For Flyers
The Mississauga News - Friday, April 17 2015

flyers-goalie-a9e3948c14a563b5.jpg

Mississauga defeated a mostly identical Flyers squad in last year’s second round, but breakout story Bobrovsky may shift the balance

The last game of the 2014-15 Mavericks season has Mississauga fans excited for the playoffs. In what began as a ping pong match, each team trading goals 4-4 after 2, the Mavericks absolutely exploded for 5 goals in the first 9 minutes of the 3rd period, burying the Tampa Bay Lightning 9-4. Noted playoff performer Lars Eller put up a hat trick, hopefully a preview of the young Dane’s notorious playoff flourishing. Alex Avtsin, Jamie McBain and Justin Williams all had 3 points in the victory. The win cemented 3rd place in the Eastern Conference for the Mavericks, sending them to the playoffs for the third time in their 3 year in Mississauga, and their 98 points are the highest since moving from Carolina under the management of Julien Brisebois. Team defense was a big part of Mississauga’s success. The Mavs finished with a 24th ranked offense and subpar special teams, but excellent goaltending from Cam Ward and a 4th ranked Goals Against total were again the story this year. Left Wing Nail Yakupov continues to concern fans as the 2012 1st Overall pick is not putting up star numbers in his 3rd pro year. Still coach Kirk Muller says the team has no intention of giving up on Nail Yakupov, commends the young Russian tenacity and knack for doing the little things, and believes the offensive numbers will come.

The Mavs face off against a virtually identical Flyers team to the one that they eliminated in 6 games in last year’s 2nd round. The memorable high stick call with 0.6 seconds left in Game 6 sent the Flyers packing, and don’t think they’ve forgotten. Centre Brayden Schenn commented saying “We’re incredibly happy to get Mississauga in the first round. We have unfinished business with them. We got a shot at Game 6 overtime stolen from us, that series was still well within our reach. So yes, we’re angry, and yes, we’re going to use it.†One large improvement that might tip the scales less in Mississauga’s favour is the emergence of Sergei Bobrovsky. Bobrovsky was the Flyers goaltender last year, but turned heads with his play this year and makes the Flyers a whole different task despite being a virtually unchanged roster.

After losing in the Eastern Conference Finals to eventual the Stanley Cup Champion Senators, the Mavericks have their sights firmly set on the Stanley Cup. "We won't settle for anything less this year." Said Right Winger Justin Wiliams. "We were very close last year, we've made big strides as a club, and we all know this is our year to take the cup home."

MAVERICKS TEAM REPORT
Record: 45-29-8
Place: 3rd East, 8th League
Goals For: 215 (24th)
Goals Against: 206 (4th)
Powerplay: 17.2% (26th)
Penalty Kill: 79.8% (19th)
Top Goal Scorer: Jeff Skinner (34)
Most Assists: Jeff Skinner (41)
Most Hits: Marc Staal (273)

n30qqq.png

#3 MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
45-29-8

Nail Yakupov / Lars Eller / Jeff Skinner (C)
Brenden Morrow / Zach Boychuk / Justin Williams (A)
Jared Staal / Alexander Avtsin / Ben Smith
Ben Eager / Peter Regin / James Wright
x. Rhett Rakhshani, Chris Vandevelde

Jamie McBain (A) / Marc Staal
Dmitry Orlov / Andrew MacDonald
Rasmus Rissanen / Jarred Tinordi
x. Justin Faulk

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

#6 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
43-34-5

James van Riemsdyk / Claude Giroux / Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier / Brayden Schenn / Danny Briere
Scott Hartnell / Ryan O’Marra / Wayne Simmonds
Jussi Jokinen / Andy Miele / David Clarkson

Niklas Grossman / Brayden Coburn
Shane O’Brien / Andrej Meszaros
Clayton Stoner / Erik Gustafsson

Sergei Bobrovsky
Ilya Bryzgalov​

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders have serious offer on the table from Canadiens

Our sources are saying that the New York Islanders and the Montreal Canadiens are close to make a big deal. It has been rumored that Islanders are looking for little change to their roster since season hasn't started as well as expected. Now the deal with the Habs seems like the best option.

"I will not comment anything to rumors. Only what I can say is that we are looking always on market if there is kind of deal what we like to do", said Islanders GM Southfield about rumors.

- MSG Media

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:isles Offseason Report

The 2012-2013 Offseason for the New York Islanders was a very busy offseason, which is unusual. The Islanders General Manager is satisfied with the changes he has made. "I feel the changes I made to the squad has helped us in every direction. We gained a lot of young talent this year, which helps us greatly in the long run. I also added a much needed top pairing defender, which could be the breaking point of us making or not making the playoffs. But, time will tell."

Draft:
(remember, my PS3 is broken, so I'm using NHL2k11. POT means potential, which basically means what overall he could get to):

1st Round 4th Overall: Center- Alexsander Barkov (74ovr, 87POT)
1st Round 15th Overall(CBJ):Goaltender- Ville Husso (65ovr, 82POT)
4th Round: Center- Brady Stuart (60ovr, 70POT)
5th Round: Defender- Alex Kondratiev (57ovr, 60POT)
6th Round: Defender: Sergei Artyukhin (53ovr, 61POT)

NYI Resignings:

Alexsander Barkov: 1.8 Million per 3 years (Will play in the minors)
Mark Streit: 4 Million per 3 years
Matt Moulson: 3.9 Million per 4 years
Frans Nielsen: 5.56 Million per 3 years
P.A. Parenteau: 3.15 Million per 2 years
Casey Cizikas: 2 Million per 4 years
Al Montoya: 3.25 Million for 1 Year
Ville Husso: 800k per 3 years (Will play in the minors)
Milan Jurcina: 1.8 Million for 2 years (Two-Way)
Marty Reasoner: 1.42 Million for 1 year
David Ullstrom: 900k for 2 years (Two-Way)
Mark Eaton: 1.3 Million for 1 year
Dylan Reese: 770k for 1 Year (Two-Way)

Free Agency:

Alex Edler: 5 Million for 5 years
Matt Cooke: 2 Million for 1 year
Brandon Yip: 2.5 Million for 3 years (He is actually pretty good in this game)

edler.jpg

Alex Edler joins the New York Islanders. He signed for 5 million per 5 years.

NYI Prospect Pool:

1. A.Barkov (73ovr, 87POT)
2. V.Husso (65ovr, 82POT)
3. R.Murphy (72ovr, 80POT)
4. Z.Hamill (76ovr, 78POT)
5. B.Stuart (60ovr, 70POT)​

New York Islanders 2013-2014 Lines​

Moulson- Nielsen- Okposo
Parenteau- Bailey- Ryder
Cooke- Cizikas- Yip
Ullstrom- *Hamill-Kalus
Martin, Reasoner

Edler- Streit
Ness-Wishart
*Murphy-Jurcina
Eaton

Montoya
Dipietro

*Indicates the player is a rookie

Overall: 83 (89/90 offense, 78 defense)

:isles

Last edited:

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders in crisis, Antropov injured for 5-6 weeks, Morin for 9-10 weeks

New York Islanders got bad news in game against Detroit Red Wings. Center Nikolai Antropov and left winger Jeremy Morin both have an MCL sprain. Antropov is out for 5-6 weeks and Morin for 9-10. Islanders lost a game and are now 8-5-5 in this season. Their goal difference is only two goals, when scoring 39 and letting 37 against. Islanders are in crisis.

"Honestly, I don't know what to do now. Would it be a good to do a trade now? Could we get a one forward in trade? Perhaps, but what then when Morin and Antro come back? Don't know. We will meet with staff and try to find the best option to move forward", said Islanders GM Southfield.

The other problem is what to do for Cam Barker? Barker has been a healthy scratch for three games now in a row and he has been rumored to be traded.

"The situation in our defense hasn't changed. All our defensemen are in shape and we want to continue with them", said Southfield.

Islanders line-up now:

Ruslan Fedotenko - John Tavares - Michael Grabner
Matt Martin - Brandon Sutter - Rick Nash
Dwight King - Zenon Konopka - George Parros
Justin DiBenedetto - Michael Haley - Ben Smith

Andrew MacDonald - Travis Hamonic
Doug Murray - Chris Tanev
Mark Eaton - Milan Jurcina

Josh Harding
Al Montoya

IR: Nikolai Antropov, Jeremy Morin

Healthy Scratch: Cam Barker

- MSG Media

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Shut The Front Ward
An Astonishing 4 Shutout Wins Down The Flyers in 7
The Mississauga News - Friday, May 1, 2015

2i8x1z7.jpg

Justin Williams streak down the wing before sniping the 6th goal in an 11-0 Game 7 rout.

The Mississauga Mavericks may have eliminated the Philadelphia Flyers in 7 games rather than 6 like last year, but anyone who watched the series would tell you that this years instalment was a much more convincing series win for Mississauga. In the final game last year, Philadelphia was sent home on a last second over turned goal, while this year, Mississauga scored 16 goals to the Flyers' 0 in the final two games of the series. Shockingly the dominant 11-0 and 5-0 wins were not the only clean sheets from goaltender Cam Ward, the Mavs two wins in Game 2 and 3 were both 2-0 victories, landing Ward a GAA of 1.38. Ward's 4 shutouts in a series is the NHL record, but the most shutouts in a post-seaon belongs to Martin Brodeur who blanked an opponent 7 times in 2003. While Ward was clearly the hero here, the Mavericks offense was firing on all cylinders. Justin Williams, acquired for his playoffs prowess, leads the team with 9 points and 6 goals. All of Zach Boychuk's 8 points were assists, Jeff Skinner notched 7, struggling Left Wing tandem started pulling their weight as Nail Yakupov and Brenden Morrow both put up seven 6, and the Danish centremen Lars Eller and (surprisingly) Peter Regin both sit at 5 points. Defenseman Dmitry Orlov was lost to injury 4 games into the series and will be out 9 weeks, Justin Faulk draws into the line-up.

The Mavs take on the 8th seeded Florida Panthers who eliminated the top team in the East, the Pittsburgh Penguins, in 6 games. The Panthers sport a line-up that doesn't exactly turn heads, with a group of forwards that would likely to be classified as "okay". The 1-2 punch of Tomas Plekanec and Stephen Weiss and a solid Top 4 defensive unit are the Panthers' strong points. The Mavericks will look to take advantage of young, brash, wildcard goaltender Jakub Markstrom.

MAVS win series 4-3
Game 1: 2-1 L OT
Game 2: 2-0 W
Game 3: 2-0 W
Game 4: 4-1 L
Game 5: 5-4 L OT

Game 6: 5-0 W
Game 7: 11-0 W

#3 MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
45-29-8

Rasmus Rissanen / Andrew MacDonald
Justin Faulk / Jarred Tinordi
x. Ryan Murphy
injur. Dmitry Orlov

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

#8 FLORIDA PANTHERS
42-35-5

Kris Versteeg / Tomas Plekanec / Scottie Upshall
Wojtek Wolski / Stephen Weiss / Tomas Kopecky
Travis Moen / Tomas Fleischmann / Jack Skille
Dane Byers / Mike Santorelli / Dale Mitchell

Erik Gudbranson / Brian Campbell
Marc Streit / Jason Garrison
Sam Grist / Keaton Ellerby
injur. Dmitry Kulikov

Jakub Markstrom
Ray Emery

Last edited:

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 Eastern Conference Finals

Rangers Await
Staal Brothers To Clash Again After Mavs Defeat Panthers
The Mississauga News – Tuesday, May 12, 2015

martin-brodeur-cupjpg-991f67327a8f26a8_large.jpg

After two more shutouts, Cam Ward is one away from tying Martin Brodeur’s record 7 shutouts.

In 2003, Martin Brodeur shutout his opponent 7 times throughout 4 rounds of playoffs to win the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup. After only two rounds of playoffs, Mississauga’s Cam Ward sits at 6 shutouts, posting a 1.52GAA and .945sv%. Ward and his Mavericks return to the Eastern Conference finals after losing last season to the Ottawa Senators, and they hope this time things are different. Justin Williams continues to lead by example, sitting at 13 points in 12 games, Jeff Skinner and Zach Boychuk have put up 12 points, and the top pairing of Jamie McBain and Marc Staal have turned on the offense, notching 10 and 9 points respectively. Marc Staal faces his old team again. Two years ago after brothers Eric and Marc were traded for each other, their team faced each other in the first round of the 2013 playoffs, with Eric’s Rangers getting the last laugh. With that, and last years conference finals lose, fresh in their minds, the Mavericks know they will have to amp their game up even further to reach the finals. The Western Conference Finals see the 6th seeded Oilers and 8th seeded Red Wings clash, so the 3rd, 5th, 6th and 8th seeds are unlikely group of 4 finalists, and the Mavericks have the distinct honour of being favourites.

MAVS win series 4-1
Game 1: 4-3 L
Game 2: 4-3 W OT
Game 3: 1-0 W
Game 4: 3-2 W
Game 5: 5-0 W

#3 MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
45-29-8

Rasmus Rissanen / Andrew MacDonald
Justin Faulk / Jarred Tinordi
x. Ryan Murphy
injur. Dmitry Orlov

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

#5 NEW YORK RANGERS
43-31-8

Evgeni Grachev / Eric Staal / Ryan Callahan
Brandon Dubinsky / Brad Richards / Marian Gaborik
Colin Fraser / Derek Stepan / Blake Wheeler
Artem Anisimov / Brian Boyle / Eric Fehr

Michael Sauer / Michael Del Zotto
Anton Stralman / Tim Erixon
Robert Bortuzzo / Korbinian Holzer

Henrik Lundqvist
Mac Carruth

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone know how to create draft-eligible prospects? Like Aberg, Forsberg, Hertl, etc.? I can create them but they end up going into free agency in BAGM. Even if I put them on their correct team in the player movement menu, they still end up in free agency, despite their ages. Anyone know any fixes? Please help. :)

I didn't realize the sticky was dead. :laugh:

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
Anyone know how to create draft-eligible prospects? Like Aberg, Forsberg, Hertl, etc.? I can create them but they end up going into free agency in BAGM. Even if I put them on their correct team in the player movement menu, they still end up in free agency, despite their ages. Anyone know any fixes? Please help. :)

I didn't realize the sticky was dead. :laugh:

When making these guys make sure that young enough and also make sure their pro team is at none, put them on a random OHL team and your good to go

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
When making these guys make sure that young enough and also make sure their pro team is at none, put them on a random OHL team and your good to go

I'm fairly sure I've done that. I don't remember off the top of my head but I think the pro team part is set to Anaheim but blacked out. The "year drafted" option is set to undrafted..

EDIT: Also, do they have to be on a CHL team?

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
I'm fairly sure I've done that. I don't remember off the top of my head but I think the pro team part is set to Anaheim but blacked out. The "year drafted" option is set to undrafted..

Yup same here, blacked out on Anaheim and year drafted is undrafted for me as well.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

It doesn't have to be a CHL team no, it can be a Euro team as well. You have to lock in his lack of a pro team/undrafted status by right clicking. It took me forever to figure it out as well! good luck.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
It doesn't have to be a CHL team no, it can be a Euro team as well. You have to lock in his lack of a pro team/undrafted status by right clicking. It took me forever to figure it out as well! good luck.

I'm on PS3, I can't right-click...

EDIT: or do you mean R3?

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2015 Eastern Conference Finals

Muller: "We Took Our Feet Off The Gas"
Mavericks Blow 3-0 Series Lead, Game 7 in Mississauga
The Mississauga News – Monday, May 25, 2015

1295674214_yakupov_60532.jpg

Nail Yakupov has disappeared once again, going pointless in round 2, and struggling against the Rangers.

Mississauga Mavericks coach Kirk Muller was livid after a 4-1 Game 6 loss in Manhattan. The Mavericks have blown 3 straight opportunities to eliminate the Rangers after going up 3-0 in what looked like a one-sided series. "We took our foot off the gas." said Muller. "We got comfortable with the lead, and we let them back in the series... It's just unacceptable." While Cam Ward is inching closer to historic numbers, the Mavericks offensive output is an equally large part of what brought the team this far in the post-season after struggling in the regular season. However, in the last 3 games, the Mavericks have only netted two goals, from Williams and from Jared Staal. "We're making Lundqvist look a thousand times better than he is" critiqued right winger Ben Smith. "Sure he's playing good hockey, and he's not easy to beat. But he's not seeing any quality shots from us. We just got lazy. That can't continue." Game 7 is in Mississauga with the Ranger hoping to add their names to the list of teams to pull of the rare 3-0 series comeback, while the Mavericks hope to prevent what has been a successful season so far from ending on such a bitter note.

MAVS series tied 3-3
Game 1: 3-2 W
Game 2: 3-1 W
Game 3: 4-1 W

Game 4: 3-0 L
Game 5: 3-1 L
Game 6: 4-1 L

Game 7:

Last edited:

Twenty One

Feb 18, 2007
I just started an under 25 team via fantasy draft. I'll post the lines if anyone is interested. The only exception I made was picking Milan Michalek who is 26(in the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad