NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Change of Pace

2aaizh4.jpg

The Official Draft Order

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has officially announced a draft to re-create teams. This will mean that everybody will lose their players and have to start from scratch. “I felt it was the best decision for the league, makes it more interesting for our fan base,†Bettman said during the announcement of his decision.

“I am very confident that Bettman’s decision will be the right one,†Reynolds said when the media addressed the draft. “I am very ecstatic to get the draft undergoing and build a squad that can make us Stanley Cup Champions." The Halifax Hounds will pick 5 in the serpentine style draft.​

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Jaromir Jagr to Flames

Today the 4th of July, Flames published that they are made 7 new contract's. New Flames players are Jaromir Jagr, Matthew Carle, Kyle Quincey, Dan Ellis, Zenon Konopka, Tanner Glass and Evgeny Artuykhin.

jagr1504KV_jk.jpg

Jaromir Jagr will move to Calgary

GM Larry Sather comments: "I'm very happy, that we get all players what we wan't, we get great players like Jaromir Jagr, Matthew Carle and Kyle Quincey we also get good 2nd goalkeeper and whole tought fourth line. I'm so excited to waiting next season!"

Matthew Carle comments: "I wanted to come our there, because there is good young players and we got good changes to win Stanley Cup!"

All new contract's
Zenon Konopka 1,100,000milj, 2year, 1-way
Tanner Glass 1,000,000milj, 1year, 1-way
Evgeny Artyukhin 1,300,000milj, 2year, 1-way
Jaromir Jagr 3,775,000milj, 1year, 1-way
Matthew Carle 4,225,000milj, 2year, 1-way
Kyle Quincey 2,225,000milj, 4year, 1-way
Dan Ellis 1,400,000milj, 1year, 1-way

- Calgary Sun

Mokemon

Mar 4, 2012
Flames made 2 trades, welcome Scott Hartnell and Erik Johnson

Today the 10th of July, Flames reported that they are traded Blake Comeau and Mikael Backlund to Philadelphia Flyers for Scott Hartnell. "Comeau an Backlund doesn't fix anymore to our plans so we decided to trade them and then we start looking for trade and this one go through. I'm happy that we get player like Hartnell." said GM Larry Sather.

scott-hartnell-400_opt_opt.jpg

Welcome to Calgary Scott Hartnell

The second trade was Kari Lehtonen and Mark Giordano to Colorado Avalanche for Erik Johnson. "This is one of best trades what i'm ever made, we get very good 1st line defense man for goalkeeper and defense man who doesn't even fix to our plans."

erik-johnson-6-nhl.jpg

Welcome to Calgary Erik Johnson

Calgary Flames is now ready for pre-season.

- Calgary Sun

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Those are some sick jerseys. Did you bring a Euro team into GM mode?

RoyBoyCoy: Fixed it. LOL

Yeah I substituted HC Sparta Praha out of the Czech league for the New York Islanders. Always had a soft spot for Sparta in these NHL games. Especially when I use the team to beat my siblings when they use NHL and all-star teams. Then I used a fantasy draft to make things interesting and even it up a bit. And I love the dark red of the jersey's.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Big Expectations for HC Sparta Praha

Fresh off of their Stanley Cup victory, HC Sparta Praha is set to enter their second season. Expectations will be high for the team as Sparta GM Maruisz Czerkawski made some big moves over the offseason be acquiring big names such as Nail Yakupov, David Perron, and Pavel Kubina. This is not the same team that won the Cup last year. All new left wingers and bottom 6 forwards, along with three new defenseman. Sparta head coach Dominik Hasek has quite the challenge ahead as he will be working hard to make sure the team does not have a sluggish start.

“New team, new teammates. It’s sad to see most of the guys leave but we have some great guys coming in now as well,†Sparta Captain Shea Weber before the new season.

2012/2013 Regular Season Starting Line-Up

David Perron – Mike Richards (A) – Daniel Briere
Nail Yakupov – Andy McDonald – Teemu Selanne
Shawn Thornton – Eric Christensen – Mikael Samuelsson
Nicklas Hagman – Peter Regin – Mike Grier
Extras: Radek Dvorak and Cody Mcleod

Nicklas Lindstrom (A) – Shea Weber (C)
Bryan McCabe – Pavel Kubina
Adam Larsson – Scott Hannan
Extra: Martin Skoula

Tuukka Rask
Martin Brodeur

Prospect Pool
LW Kirill Kabanov 72OV (B,B,A-)
D Jared Cowen 76OV (B,A-,B)
D Calvin De Haan 74OV (B,B,B)
LW Sven Bartschi 73OV(B,B,B)
D David Musil 71OV (B,B,B)
D Duncan Siemens 74OV (B-,A-,B)
C Jonathan Huberdeau 73OV (B,B,B)
D Erik Gudbranson 74OV (B,B,B)
LW Jeremy Morin 78OV (B,B-,B)
D Ryan Ellis 76OV (A-,B,C)
LW Nino Niederreiter 75OV (A-,B-,B-)
C Seth Griffith 72OV (B,B,B-)
LW Sean Couturier 74OV (B-,B,B)
C Joey Hishon 75OV (B,B-,B)
D Dougie Hamilton 73OV (B-,B-,B)
LW Matt Puempel 72OV (B,B,C)
RW Austin Watson 73OV (C,B,B)
LW Andreas Athanasiou 67OV (B-,C,B)
RW Guillaume Goulet 71OV (B-,B-,C)
C Connor Crisp 65OV (C-,B-,B-)
RW Daniel Mannberg (B-,C,C)
RW Jake Carrick 70OV (C-,C,C)
G Sami Aittokallio 77OV (A-,A,A-)
G Oscar Dansk 74OV (B,B-,B)
G Petr Mrazek 74OV (B,C,B)
G Brandon Stone 67OV (C,B,B)​

October 24th, 2012
HC Sparta Praha Off to Rough Start
Before 10 games have been played, four players have gone down with injuries. T. Selanne, N. Yakupov, S. Hannan and P. Regin have been missed multiple games already. These injuries, especially to the second forward line, have contributed to a 3-3-3 start by Sparta.

“We just have to battle through it and then get hot when our players get back,†HC Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek on the recent slew of injuries.

Struggling Team Forces Trade
To St. Louis Blues: Daniel Briere and 4th Round 2013

To HC Sparta Praha: Jakub Voracek

“HC Sparta Praha is proud to welcome Jakub Voracek to the team. He’s a big bodied forward who can finish which was lacking on that first line,†HC Sparta Praha GM Maruisz Czerkawski announcing the trade.

4850407779_e47e1c8cf1.jpg

HC Sparta Praha Makes Playoffs, Barely
After a season where nothing was going right, HC Sparta Praha defied the odds to make it into playoffs. Though this time around as a 6th seed instead of a 2nd seed. Still after all the injuries and losing streaks and not seeming to be able to get anything done at the start of the season they are in the playoffs. Yet they have another obstacle to overcome. In the last game of the season Mike Richards went down with an injury that will force him to most likely miss the first series. The team though isn’t that worried. And Sparta is facing a familiar opponent in the Washington Capitals. In last years playoffs the Capitals and Sparta met in the Eastern Conference Finals where Sparta won the series 4-2.

“We’ve been through a lot to get here. Mike [Richards] going down hurts us but we have to keep pressing on,†HC Sparta Praha Captain Shea Weber before playoffs.

“We’re an improved team, last year we came into playoffs struggling to get a win. This year we came into playoffs after some big wins down the stretch. Seeds don’t matter once the game starts, its what the players do,†HC Sparta Praha Head Coach Dominik Hasek.

HC Sparta Praha Regular Season Points Leaders
J. Voracek 45G 34A 79P
M. Richards 30G 42A 72P
D. Perron 22G 43A 65P
A. McDonald 24G 29A 53P
T. Selanne 19G 26A 45P

HC Sparta Praha Regular Season Goalie Stats
T. Rask 43W 29L 2.01GAA 0.928S%
M. Brodeur 1W 0L 1.59GAA 0.942S%

HC Sparta Praha Regular Season Record: 44-30-8

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
The Draft is Done!

Round 1: C Pavel Datsyuk
Round 2: D Ryan Suter
Round 3: G Cory Schneider
Round 4: LW Alex Semin
Round 5: LW James Neal
Round 6: RW P-A Parenteau
Round 7: D Niklas Lidstrom
Round 8: D Adam Larsson
Round 9: RW Gabriel Landeskog
Round 10: C Martin Hanzal
Round 11: LW Sean Couturier
Round 12: RW Martin Erat
Round 13: C Nazem Kadri
Round 14: LW Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson
Round 15: G Henrik Karlsson
Round 16: RW Michael Ryder
Round 17: C Shawn Matthias
Round 18: D Kimmo Timonen
Round 19: D Ryan Ellis
Round 20: D Willie Mitchell
Round 21: D Calvin De Haan
Round 22: C Mark Scheifele
Round 23: G Jack Campbell
Round 24: C Jonathan Huberdeau
Round 25: LW Nino Niederreiter
Round 26: RW Mika Zibanejad
Round 27: D Ryan Murphy
Round 28: D Brandon Gormley
Round 29: C Scott Glennie
Round 30: LW Evgeny Grachev
Round 31: RW Richard Panik
Round 32: G Calvin Pickard

“We were very pleased with our showing at the draft. We are confident in our squad and hope we can make a push for the playoffs this year,†Reynolds said after he made his final selection, in which he chose young goalie Calvin Pickard. “I am really looking forward to being a part of this club. We have a good squad for the present and the future looks extremely bright with our group of young and maturing players.â€

The team finished the pre-season the pre-season 3-1. “I hope we can keep up our great play going into the regular season and make a push for the playoffs!†Reynolds said enthusiastically after their game against the New York Islanders, which they won 5-3.

hvw1s3.jpg

Cory Schneider during a pre-season game.

Halifax Hounds Line-up:

Alex Semin (85/C) – Pavel Datsyuk (93/C) – P-A Parenteau (84/C)
James Neal (85/B-) – Matrin Hanzal (82/B-) – Martin Erat (83/C)
Sean Couturier (80/B) – Shawn Matthias (78/B-) – Michael Ryder (82/C)
Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson (80/B) – Nazem Kadri (77/B) – Gabriel Landeskog (81/B)
X- C Mark Scheifele (72/B-)

Ryan Suter (87/C) – Niklas Lidstrom (88/C-)
Willie Mitchell (82/C) – Kimo Timonen (84/C-)
Ryan Ellis (76/B) – Adam Larsson (80/A-)
X- Calvin De Haan (74/B)

Cory Schneider (85/B)
Henrik Karlsson (81/B-)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The Draft is Done!

Round 1: C Pavel Datsyuk
Round 2: D Ryan Suter
Round 3: G Cory Schneider
Round 4: LW Alex Semin
Round 5: LW James Neal
Round 6: RW P-A Parenteau
Round 7: D Niklas Lidstrom
Round 8: D Adam Larsson
Round 9: RW Gabriel Landeskog
Round 10: C Martin Hanzal
Round 11: LW Sean Couturier
Round 12: RW Martin Erat
Round 13: C Nazem Kadri
Round 14: LW Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson
Round 15: G Henrik Karlsson
Round 16: RW Michael Ryder
Round 17: C Shawn Matthias
Round 18: D Kimmo Timonen
Round 19: D Ryan Ellis
Round 20: D Willie Mitchell
Round 21: D Calvin De Haan
Round 22: C Mark Scheifele
Round 23: G Jack Campbell
Round 24: C Jonathan Huberdeau
Round 25: LW Nino Niederreiter
Round 26: RW Mika Zibanejad
Round 27: D Ryan Murphy
Round 28: D Brandon Gormley
Round 29: C Scott Glennie
Round 30: LW Evgeny Grachev
Round 31: RW Richard Panik
Round 32: G Calvin Pickard

“We were very pleased with our showing at the draft. We are confident in our squad and hope we can make a push for the playoffs this year,†Reynolds said after he made his final selection, in which he chose young goalie Calvin Pickard. “I am really looking forward to being a part of this club. We have a good squad for the present and the future looks extremely bright with our group of young and maturing players.â€

The team finished the pre-season the pre-season 3-1. “I hope we can keep up our great play going into the regular season and make a push for the playoffs!†Reynolds said enthusiastically after their game against the New York Islanders, which they won 5-3.

hvw1s3.jpg

Cory Schneider during a pre-season game.

Halifax Hounds Line-up:

Alex Semin (85/C) – Pavel Datsyuk (93/C) – P-A Parenteau (84/C)
James Neal (85/B-) – Matrin Hanzal (82/B-) – Martin Erat (83/C)
Sean Couturier (80/B) – Shawn Matthias (78/B-) – Michael Ryder (82/C)
Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson (80/B) – Nazem Kadri (77/B) – Gabriel Landeskog (81/B)
X- C Mark Scheifele (72/B-)

Ryan Suter (87/C) – Niklas Lidstrom (88/C-)
Willie Mitchell (82/C) – Kimo Timonen (84/C-)
Ryan Ellis (76/B) – Adam Larsson (80/A-)
X- Calvin De Haan (74/B)

Cory Schneider (85/B)
Henrik Karlsson (81/B-)

Landeskog on the 4th Line? Aren't you afraid about the lack of playing time on that line? Just my opinion, I'd switch him and Ryder.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Landeskog on the 4th Line? Aren't you afraid about the lack of playing time on that line? Just my opinion, I'd switch him and Ryder.

I have had him on the forth line for half of the season, since I have that part of the season done, but he has been producing some points. I have had quite a few injuries in that position so he gets a little more playing time. I will probably move him up in the line-up when I go down and continue my Be A GM.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
Hey everyone, first post here but I was wondering if I were to post about a season with a QMJHL team if anyone would be interested, i would do game by game analysis and I would try my best to make the players who will be playing in the Q next season. I would do a fantasy draft and would fill 30 roster spots on my team. Im going to describe all the players on my team too! Is anyone interested?

Mokemon

Mar 4, 2012
Flames ready for pre-season, Jagr to captain

Calgary Flames has been appointed Jaromir Jagr to captain. Alternate captain are Olli Jokinen and Erik Johnson.

jagr1504KV_jk.jpg

Jaromir Jarg has been appointed to Flames captain

Calgary Flames lines to pre-season opener against Vancouver Canucks

Goalkeepers
1. Steve Mason
2. Dan Ellis

1st line
Michael Cammaleri - Olli Jokinen - Jaromir Jagr
Erik Johnson - Jay Bouwmeester

2nd line
Scott Hartnell - Roman Cervenka - Martin Frk
Matt Greene - Matthew Carle

3rd line
Mason Raymond - Matt Stajan - Matt Read
Chris Butler - Kyle Quincey

4th line
Tanner Glass - Zenon Konopka - Evgeny Artyukhin

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, first post here but I was wondering if I were to post about a season with a QMJHL team if anyone would be interested, i would do game by game analysis and I would try my best to make the players who will be playing in the Q next season. I would do a fantasy draft and would fill 30 roster spots on my team. Im going to describe all the players on my team too! Is anyone interested?

A QMJHL team sounds quite interesting. Go for it!

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hounds Keep On Howling
30-16-6 2nd in the East/3rd in the NHL

35lvzue.jpg

Michael Ryder celebrating a goal he scored in a rout against the Penguins early in the year.

After a modest start, which saw them at third place with the same amount of points as 8th place, the Hounds have picked up the pace with two big 5 game win streaks to push them into 3rd in the NHL and possible cup contenders. “The way the season has turned out has been better than we could have ever thought. We are playing like cup contenders and I hope we can keep that going,†Reynolds said. The Hounds made two important transactions over the season. Trading D Nicklas Lidstrom to the Anaheim Ducks for their first round picks in 2012 and 2013. To fill the void, they also picked up D Ryan Parent off Free Agency, signing him to a 1 year, .525M, 2-way contract. “I am confident that these moves will help us get better for the future and give our young guys a chance to develop.â€

Halifax Hounds Receive:
ANA 1st Round Pick 2012
ANA 1st Round Pick 2013

Anaheim Ducks Receive:
D Nicklas Lidstrom

Halifax Hounds Sign:
D Ryan Parent: 1 Year, .525M, 2-way

Nicklas%20Lidstr%C3%B6m.jpg

Nicklas Lidstrom will join the Ducks after his stint in Halifax.

coburn_inside_cassidy.jpg

Reynolds hopes Ryan Parent can be an effective defenseman on his team.

Pavel Datsyuk has been a wreaking force for the squad, with 55 points in 52 games. “I am really enjoying hockey here in Halifax. We have a good team and great fans. They are a really supportive bunch,†Datsyuk said during a press conference following their 4-2 win over the Penguins. With the trade deadline coming up, Halifax appears that they are going to be quiet on the trade front, possibly making a single trade dealing with the young players and the AHL team, but it is highly unlikely.​

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Haha, have to say that I was lucky to get Blum. After the trade his value grew up and is now almost as big as Tavares' value! Amazing player, was lucky when they put him on the block.

Had to say that.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
The Deadline is Among Us
37-19-6 | 1st in the East/ T2 in the NHL

Ryan+Suter+Nashville+Predators+v+Colorado+mD9R3zeg_KSl.jpg

Ryan Suter had interest from a few teams, but Reynolds didn’t budge.

The Halifax Hounds are currently atop the Eastern Conference feeling confident in themselves. With the trade deadline coming soon, they will try to make minor moves to improve the team. The days coming up to the trade deadline, it appears that there was interest in D Ryan Suter, but no substantial offer was solidified.

Trades:

10AM

Halifax Hounds Receive:
D Yannick Weber

Boston Bruins Receive:
D Willie Mitchell

11AM

Los Angeles Receive:
OTT 4th Round Pick 2013
OTT 5th Round Pick 2013

Ottawa Senators Receive:
C Tim Stapleton

12PM

No Deals

1PM

New York Rangers Receive:
D Nick Schultz

St Louis Blues Receive:
LW Jiri Hudler
NYR 5th Round Pick 2012

2PM

Florida Panthers Receive:
D Jamie McBain

Chicago Blackhawks Receive:
FLA 1st Round Pick 2012
D Drew Bagnall

--

Anaheim Ducks Receive:
NYR 4th Round Pick 2013
NYR 6th Round Pick 2013

New York Rangers Acquire:
D Colby Robak

Yannick+Weber.jpeg

Yannick Weber was the only player the Hounds added, hoping he can add to the youth of the squad.

An otherwise quiet day for the Hounds, they did acquire D Yannick Weber from the Boston Bruins for D Willie Mitchell. “This trade made sense for us because we get a good young defenseman who can grow in time. Willie was a good player for us and we wish him well in Boston,” Reynolds said in a press conference after the trade was announced. Now begins the push for the playoffs. “I am confident we can clinch our playoff spot soon and make a run for the cup!” Rumors surfaced that James Neal was a highly wanted player, but no deal could make Reynolds move the talented winger.​

Last edited:

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
I re-started my Flames BAGM after the Draft (felt a bit silly having Ryan Murray after drafting him in the 3rd round when he went 2nd overall IRL :laugh:).

Will do a 2011-12 Season recap tonight. Look out for a big trade or two...

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2016 Off-season

Brisebois Sad To See Boychuk Go
Fan Favourite Pivots Pursues Other Opportunities
The Mississauga News - Saturday, September 19, 2015

Zach+Boychuk+Carolina+Hurricanes+v+New+York+BjkxI9nZnuAl.jpg

Zach Boychuk leaves the Mavericks in Free Agency for a shot at becoming a #1 centre for the Red Wings

Zach Boychuk is as good of a second line centre as any organization could ask for, but the problem for the Mississauga Mavericks is that Boychuk was no longer content with that role. Boychuk turned down a new contract with the Mavericks, and signed with the Detroit Red Wings on July 1st, hoping to get a shot at what he feels is a well-deserved 1st line role. Boychuk was one of the few players that had been with the club since their time in Carolina, and was a valuable two-way center. This left GM Julien Brisebois with a massive hole in the second line center position, and with UFA talent down the middle lacking, Brisebois had no choice but to use the notorious offer sheet to acquire depth down the middle. Oddly enough, Brisebois chose to target a player located in the same city. Brian Burke, GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, has a well-known opinion about the use of offer sheets, so Julien Brisebois should expect some fiery words to appear in the media for ripping big body centre Joe Colborne from the hands of the Leafs. Colborne is a huge centre with great mobility and a heavy shot. Colborne posted close to 60 points, easily replacing the offensive production of Boychuk, but his physical dimension will be a change from Boychuk’s more cerebral defensive game. In order to force Burke’s hand, the Mavericks signed Colborne to an inflated 1 year 6,700,000 million dollar contract and will send their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2017 to Toronto.

While Boychuk chose not to return to Mississauga, Hart/Vezina/Pearson/Jennings Trophy winner Cam Ward, top line centre Lars Eller and #1 defenseman Jamie McBain all returned on multi-year contracts hoping to redeem themselves from a sour end to the 2015/16 season. The Mavericks won the President’s Trophy last season but failed to defend their Stanley Cup win, falling in the first round to the Philadelphia Flyers.

Not re-signed
C Zach Boychuk
C Brent Benson
C Victor Rask
C Louis-Marc Aubry
RW Victor Oreskovich
RW Austen Brassard
D Joe Stejskal
G Igor Bobkov

Re-signed:
G Cam Ward 94C- 3yrs/6.500M
D Jamie McBain 87C; 4yrs/5.500M
RW Justin Williams 87C-; 1yr/4.900M
C Lars Eller 86C; 3yrs/5.500M
LW Vladimir Dolnik 83A-; 2yrs/3.300M
D Ryan Murphy 82B; 1yr/2.750M
G Viktor Kokman 82B- 2yrs/1.100M
LW Ben Eager 81C-; 1yr/1.200M

Entry Level Contracts
D Alex Yuill 73B- (2015 17th Overall)
D Grant Sasaki 72B- (2012 120th Overall)

Free Agency
C Joe Colborne 85C; 1yr/6.700M (RFA Toronto; Compensation 1st/2nd/3rd)
D Trevor Daley 82C-; 1yr/3.300M
C Aleksandr Khoklachev 76c; 1yr/0.925M/2-way
C Marcel Noebels 76B-; 1yr/0.760M/2-way
LW Max Friberg 76C; 1yr/0.730M/2-way
LW Toni Rajala 76C; 1yr/0.850M/2-way
D Alex Petrovic 76C; 1yr/0.925M/2-way
RW Dmitrij Jaskin 75C; 1yr/0.700M/2-way
LW Lee Fata 73C; 1yr/0.730M/2-way

940-colborne-8col.jpg

Joe Colborne is a centre unlike any the Mavericks have had in their 4 years, and will centre the 2nd line with veteran wingers Justin Williams and Patrick Sharp.

1.29+zac+dalpe.jpg

Centre Aspen Sterzer acquired two seasons ago will make his NHL debut on the third line with two sophomores who enjoyed success in
big roles with the Mavericks last in Teuvo Teravainen and Connor Brown.

Drummondville-Voltigeurs-Nikolas-Brouillard-03.jpg

Young offensive dynamo defender Nikolas Brouillard put up 67 points as a rookie from the backend for Charlotte as they won their second consecutive Calder Cup.
Brouillard’s high-end offensive abilities should pair well with budding shutdown giant Jamie Oleksiak.

MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
Vladimir Dolnik / Lars Eller / Jeff Skinner (C)
Patrick Sharp / Joe Colborne / Justin Williams (A)
Teuvo Teravainen / Aspen Sterzer* / Connor Brown
Artturi Lehkonen* / Peter Regin / Ben Eager
x. Jared Staal, Tyrell Goulbourne*

Jamie McBain (A) / Marc Staal
Ryan Murphy / Jarred Tinordi
Jamie Oleksiak / Nikolas Brouillard*
x. Trevor Daley

Cam Ward
Viktor Kokman

CHARLOTTE CHECKERS
Alex Galchenyuk / Daniel Desjardins / Toni Rajala
Carson Perreaux / Aleksandr Khoklachev / Esa Norrena
Max Friberg / Marcel Noebels / Benjamin Laliberte
Lee Fata/ Axel Rioux / Dmitrij Jaskin

Jeff Corbett / Alex Petrovic
Konsta Makinen / Graeme Craig
Grant Sasaki / Alex Yuill

Gabriel Girard
Robinson Rank

Underline = New Player
*= NHL Rookie​

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Vancouver got too easy and boring so I am starting a new one with Minnesota, first post will be up soon. :)

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
What a Run!
Halifax finishes season strong, putting them near the top of the East.

48-27-7 2nd in the East

Pavel+Datsyuk+2012+NHL+Star+Game+Player+Portraits+uRl7OyXkEXWl.jpg

Pavel Datsyuk played extraordinary in his first campaign with Halifax, scoring 85 points over the course of the year.

Leaders:

Goals:
1. Martin Hanzal (34)
2. Pavel Datsyuk (30)
3. Alex Semin (30)

Assists:
1. Pavel Datsyuk (55) – 8th in NHL
2. PA Parenteau (38)
3. James Neal (35)

2. Alex Semin (65)
3. Martin Hanzal (61)

Goalies:

Cory Schneider 35-23-3 2.66 .903% 4 Shutouts
Henrik Karlsoon 11-4-4 2.02 .923% 1 Shutout

140609925_crop_650x440.jpg

Cory Schneider had a great season, winning 35 games with 4 Shutouts.

Martin-Hanzal-Phoenix-Coyotes-4.jpg

Martin Hanzal had a great season playing on the second line, leading the team with 34 goals.

The Hounds had a fantastic season, finishing top of the division and in 2nd place in the conference. “This was a great regular season for us. We became confident as a squad and we really worked together. The playoffs are going to be oh so important for us to succeed in,†Reynolds said after their final game of the year against the Ottawa Senators which they lost 4-2. They will play the Winnipeg Jets in their quarter-final playoff series.​

Just want to say I am really enjoying your Mavericks series RoyBoyCoy!

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Amazing stuff guys. I will be relocating Florida to start a new beagm. Posts will be coming.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nhl

From Panther to Tiger

Balsillie finally gets NHL team; Florida moving to Hamilton

rim-300.jpg

Jim Balsillie and his group have purchased the Florida Panthers.

As if getting the Winnipeg Jets back wasn't enough, Hamilton is also getting their team back. Jim Balsillie, who has tried numerous times to purchase an NHL squad, finally achieved his goal, buying the Florida Panthers. As expected, Balsillie intends on relocating the Panthers to Hamilton. "Today is a great day" Balsillie said. "Hamilton is very deserving of an NHL team. I feel this benefits everybody". Immediate speculation on the team name arose once the announcement was made. "Obviously the Tigers have a history" Balsillie said. "It is one of our top choices. We do have other options, though". Hamilton becomes the 8th Canadian team in the NHL. They will join their fellow newcomer, the Winnipeg Jets, in the Southeast division.

But, what about the players? Florida had made a league-high 10 acquisitions during the offseason. This move puts the players in an awkward position. They signed with a team in the hot beach area of Miami, only to be relocated to Hamilton, Ontario. 5 players have made their intentions clear: they won't suit up for Hamilton. Forwards Kris Versteeg, Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall, and Tomas Kopecky, as well as goalie Jose Theodore, have said they won't play. "I refuse to play for Hamilton" Versteeg said over the phone. "I just got here. I just settled down. I don't want to move". Some of these players will prefer to move to a SoCal organization. Theodore is already rumored to be headed to the San Jose Sharks, so movement is coming. "We are aware of what the players have said" said General Manager Dale Tallon. "We will try to fulfill their requests shortly. For now, we'll settle in".

We will update you if a trade or announcement regarding the team name is made.​

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry for the half-assed writeup :laugh: I just wanted to get that done. Other posts should be better quality :cheers:

Punxrocknyc19*

2011 2012 New York Rangers franchise season....

Rangers GM Jay feels the need to get bigger younger and stronger before the start of the season. The New York Rangers has went through a major change in their approach...some new faces have been added and some familiar faces has left...here are some of the changes....

Rangers trade Gaborik Avery Zuccarello 1st 2016 2ed 2016 to Avs for Landeskog OReilly McInn 1st 2012 3rd 2012
Rangers trade Anisimov Wilson Sauer Fedotenko 1st 2017 to Ducks for Ryan Etem Rakell 3rd 5th 2012
Rangers trade Richards 1st 2015 2ed 2015 3rd 2014 4th 2014 to Stars for Benn Fraser Larsen 1st 5th 2012
Rangers trade Eminger 2ed 3rd 2017 3rd 2016 to Nucks for Jensen 1st 5th 6th 7th 2012
Rangers trade Stralman 2ed 2014 3rd 2015 to Panthers for Gudbranson 4th and 6th 2012
Rangers trade Prust Woywitka 2ed 3rd 2013 1st 2014 to Sabres for Foligno McNabb 1st 5th 6th in 2012
Rangers trade Bickel Thomas 3rd 2013 to Canes for Dalpe Rask Faulk 5th 6th 2012
Rangers trade Forgarty Wellman Rupp Phillips 1st 2013 to Bruins for Lucic Arniel Hamilton Knight 5th 2012
Rangers trade Redden Bahensky Maggio Kveton to Hawks for McNeill Shaw 6th 7th 2012

Rangers have 5 first round picks in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders claim Johnny Oduya off waivers

New York Islanders have claimed defenseman Johnny Oduya off waivers. Oduya is 31-years old swedish defenseman who has still three years remaining in his contract worth of 2.355M per year.

"We were surprised when Chicago put Oduya on waivers. I absolutely love this kind of players who plays safe game and who has character in them. Very much Doug Murray kind of player. Huge pick-up by us", said Islanders GM Southfield about Oduya.

Oduya will be playing with Milan Jurcina as first. Islanders will get also defenseman Andrew MacDonald back to their line-up to the next game against Winnipeg Jets. Islanders will assign Chris Tanev down to the AHL when he comes back from his injury. Islanders also assigned Ty Wishart to the AHL.

Other moves what Islanders have maiden in couple past days are putting Scott Gomez and Petr Sykora on waivers. Both went un-claimed and will report to the Bridgeport.

- MSG Media

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
The Jet has Crashed
Halifax beats the Winnipeg Jets in 7.

3465l5v.jpg

Gabriel Landeskog ties the game late in the third has Halifax goes on to win it in overtime in game 7.

Game 1: 2-0 W
Game 2: 3-1 L
Game 3: 4-3 L

Game 4: 3-2 W
Game 5: 3-1 W

Game 6: 4-2 L
Game 7: 5-4 W OT

Halifax will play the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad