NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nhl

Eye Of The Tiger
Hamilton Franchise To Be Called The Tigers

c067b867.jpg

Goaltender Scott Clemmensen modeling the new home jersey.

fbed21a0.jpg

Despite wanting out, goalie Jose Theodore was nice enough to model the new away uniform.

The Hamilton Tigers are back!

The NHL's newest franchise announced today that they would be called the Hamilton Tigers. The name is a nod to the areas history with it's previous NHL franchise of the same name. "It was a no-brainer to call them the Tigers" owner Jim Balsillie said. "They have such a rich history. The fans really were pushing for Tigers, so we went with it. We are ecstatic to start a new chapter in Hamilton's NHL history". Some members of the Tigers also weighed in on the news. "It's awesome" said forward Stephen Weiss. "Not only because Hamilton gets an NHL team, but because the Tigers are back". Defenceman Brian Campbell also spoke to reporters. "It's really cool because the Tigers have a history here, so it's good for the fans. Most of us players are very excited, while the 5 obviously are not".

'The 5' are forwards Kris Versteeg, Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall, Tomas Kopecky, and goaltender Jose Theodore. Those 5 players voiced their opinions, which was that they will not play for Hamilton. General Manager Dale Tallon has been talking with teams, and says "We are very close to making all those players' requests happen". As for their destinations, Theodore has been linked with the San Jose Sharks, while Fleischmann has been rumored to be headed back to the Colorado Avalanche.

We will update you if a deal is made involving any of these players.​

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
A Series for the Ages
Halifax makes inspiring comeback and move to the Conference Finals.

1hwf0x.jpg

The Penguins had 3 chances to win the series, but were ultimately stomped by the Hounds.

Game 1: 3-2 W
Game 2: 3-2 L
Game 3: 4-1 L
Game 4: 4-3 L OT2

Game 5: 5-0 W
Game 6: 3-2 W OT
Game 7: 6-3 W

Halifax's next opponents will be the Carolina Hurricanes.​

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa

'The 5' Traded
Versteeg,Fleischmann,Upshall,Theodore,Kopecky All Traded In Busy Day

ray_emery_chi_030212.jpg

Hamilton native Ray Emery is the Tigers' new #1 goalie.

117242074_crop_650x440.jpg

Gabriel Landeskog is future captain material.

turris.jpg

Kyle Turris adds a dangerous weapon up front - a young one.

x250.jpg

Guillaume Latendresse will get a great opportunity in the Tigers' top 6.

We have just learned that Hamilton Tigers GM Dale Tallon has pulled the trigger on 5 seperate deals. These trades all involve the 5 players - Kris Versteeg, Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall, Jose Theodore, and Tomas Kopecky - who refused to play for Hamilton. The deals are as follows:

To Hamilton
G Ray Emery
For
To Chicago
G Jose Theodore

To Hamilton
RW Gabriel Landeskog

For
To Colorado
C Tomas Fleischmann
2012 2nd and 3rd round picks

To Hamilton
C Kyle Turris

For

To Ottawa
LW Kris Versteeg
2013 2nd round pick

To Hamilton
RW Guillaume Latendresse

For
To Minnesota
RW Scottie Upshall
2014 3rd round pick

To Hamilton
2012 2nd round pick

For
To Carolina
RW Tomas Kopecky

Dale Tallon said 'We will speak to the media at a later time".​

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
MISSISSAUGA MAVERICKS
2016-17 Season. (35-14-3), 1st East

At The All-Star Break
Mavericks Steamrolling Competition Thanks To Powerhouse Offense
The Mississauga News – Sunday, January 29, 2016

Murphy.jpg

Many Mavericks are on pace to break their career highs, including Ryan Murphy who’s already matched his impressive rookie numbers in 29 less games.

The Mississauga Mavericks are well on their way to winning a second consecutive President’s Trophy. An impressive 35-14-3 record places Mississauga on top of league standings and is far more impressive when noted that the Mavericks have not lost back-to-back games in regulation yet this season. In previous years, the Mavericks success has stemmed from a top ranked defense and phenomenal goaltenders, and while both those are still very much top notch, the addition of Vladimir Dolnik and Joe Colborne as well as a healthy season from Patrick Sharp has ignited the Mavericks offense that has now scored the most goals in the league. Mississauga has 5 players on pace to break the 60 point mark, and Justin Williams would have if he hadn’t been injured for a sizeable chunk of games near the beginning of the year. The plethora of new offensive weapons has also boosted the numbers of defensemen like Marc Staal and Ryan Murphy. Skinner, Staal and Ward were all selected to represent the Eastern Conference in the 2016 All-Star game, the most players that the Mavericks have sent to an all-star game.

24m59qx.png

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Decided to try and pull the unthinkable: take control of the Minnesota Wild and get them the Cup within three seasons.

The Wild are the most poorly rated team in the game at an OVR 77. Offense is sparse; defense is worse. The one strength is goaltending.

Through a slew of pre-season deals(15 at last count) here is the roster I will start the season with:

Kyle Clifford/Mikko Koivu/Devin Setoguchi
Kyle Beach/Ryan Johansen/Nick Palmeri
Jordan Caron/Mike Fisher/Cal Clutterbuck
Luke Adam/Steve Begin/Evgeny Artyukhin

Rob Scuderi/Zach Bogosian
Braydon Coburn/Jake Gardiner
Thomas Hickey/Bryan McCabe

Ilya Bryzgalov
Josh Harding

I've got 3 1st round picks in this year's draft, so I'm hoping to strengthen my forward pool with some high ceiling players after finishing near the bottom this season.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hounds Are Done
Halifax eliminated in six after a good run in the playoffs.

25a801s.jpg

Alex Semin potted the winner in game 5, but there was no comeback this time as Carolina moved on to the Finals.

Game 1: 4-1 W
Game 2: 8-1 L
Game 3: 9-2 L
Game 4: 4-1 L

Game 5: 3-1 W
Game 6: 4-1 L

“I am very proud of the way our team played,†GM Reynolds said. “We showed lots of character in the Pittsburgh series and I am happy for everyone in the dressing room and the way they performed the whole year.†Halifax will go into the off-season with many options in trades and free agency open for them.​

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hounds Are Done
Halifax eliminated in six after a good run in the playoffs.

25a801s.jpg

Alex Semin potted the winner in game 5, but there was no comeback this time as Carolina moved on to the Finals.

Game 1: 4-1 W
Game 2: 8-1 L
Game 3: 9-2 L
Game 4: 4-1 L

Game 5: 3-1 W
Game 6: 4-1 L

“I am very proud of the way our team played,†GM Reynolds said. “We showed lots of character in the Pittsburgh series and I am happy for everyone in the dressing room and the way they performed the whole year.†Halifax will go into the off-season with many options in trades and free agency open for them.​

Would it be wrong to assume you play most if not all your playoff games?

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Would it be wrong to assume you play most if not all your playoff games?

I usually intervene playoff games, but after my experience with this series, I am most likely going to play 75% of them from start to finish from now on. Losing 8-1 and 9-2 to a team in the conference finals is a bit annoying :P.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I usually intervene playoff games, but after my experience with this series, I am most likely going to play 75% of them from start to finish from now on. Losing 8-1 and 9-2 to a team in the conference finals is a bit annoying :P.

I usually intervene as well but I kinda want to start playing from start till finish now that the real NHL season is over.

EDIT: What I'll try to do to make it more realistic is put the period length up to 7 minutes. That way I can play all four lines as I want rather then just use the top 2 plus the third sparingly

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
7 minute periods does sound like a good idea for realism. I will try it in one of my separate Be A GMs to see how it works for me.

Btw, be prepared for some unrealistic happenings in my next write-up. I haven't had time to download or edit the prospects :P. I will try to have that fixed for my next Be A GM.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
7 minute periods does sound like a good idea for realism. I will try it in one of my separate Be A GMs to see how it works for me.

Btw, be prepared for some unrealistic happenings in my next write-up. I haven't had time to download or edit the prospects :P. I will try to have that fixed for my next Be A GM.

If it seems too unrealistic after two or three games then I'll go back to intervening. Hopefully because its on superstar that will help the realism or at least make the score look realistic. You'll see in my next write-up or the one after that on how its working.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa

Tiger Trades
Hamilton trades 5 unhappy players in busy day

93826-dale-tallon.jpg

Hamilton Tigers GM Dale Tallon addresses the media about todays trades.

When the Hamilton Tigers came, some players wanted to go. They got their wish today, as the Tigers made 5 trades, each one sending away a player who refused to play for Hamilton. Kris Versteeg, Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall, Jose Theodore, and Tomas Kopecky were all dealt today to different squads. Versteeg was sent to the Ottawa Senators, along with a 2013 2nd round choice. Coming to Hamilton is young center Kyle Turris. Many hockey analysts said Hamilton vastly overpaid, as Turris has yet to prove himself worthy of a top 6 role in the NHL. "We are very excited to get Kyle" Tigers GM Dale Tallon said. "We feel he has untapped potential. We're giving him surefire top 6 minutes, and feel he will succeed". Fleischmann was sent back to Denver, rejoining the Colorado Avalanche. Also going to Denver are Hamilton's 2nd and 3rd round selections in the upcoming Entry Draft. Hamilton got young power forward and recently picked winger Gabriel Landeskog in return. "We love the way Gabriel plays" Tallon said. "He is future captain material. He plays both sides of the puck very well". Upshall is headed to the 'State of Hockey', Minnesota. Hamilton's 2014 3rd is also going to the Wild. The Tigers get power forward Guillaume Latendresse in return. "Guillaume has had it rough recently, with him getting exiled out of Montreal, and injury last year" Tallon said. "A fresh start, we feel, will ignite him". Kopecky was traded to the Carolina Hurricanes, with Hamilton getting a 2012 2nd rounder in return. "Nobody would offer much for Tomas, so we took what we could get" Tallon said. Theodore is going to the Chicago Blackhawks. Coming to the Tigers is Hamilton native Ray Emery. "Ray was ecstatic when we told him we got him" Tallon said. "He's coming to play NHL hockey in his hometown, as the #1 goalie. It's a dream come true for him". With the dilemma of unhappy players out of the way, Hamilton can finally focus on preparing for their inagural NHL season.

Season preview coming soon. :cheers:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2011-2012 SEASON (37-23-4)
Who's in, Who's Out?
Tough decisions await Sens as deadline approaches.

With just days until the 2012 NHL Trade Deadline, things on the
Senators front are heating up. Names such as Gonchar, Foligno
and even Daniel Alfredsson have been tossed around. Could this
be an end of an era? Only time will tell.

6821022.bin

Assistant GM Tim Murray and GM Bryan Murray talk as 2012 trade deadline gets closer.

"These next few days are going to be key in carving out an
identity for Ottawa" Murray said. "We aren't ruling out anything
yet. We have some interesting offers on the table, but nothing
is finalized yet."

When asked about trading long-time captain Daniel Alfredsson,
Murray failed to comment, asking for the next question.
Regardless, with 41 points in 64 games this season, #11
would be a huge addition to any team looking to add more of a
scoring depth.

Things certainly will get interesting as the deadline gets closer,
with Ottawa having one of the most difficult choices to deal with
in modern franchise history.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2011-2012 SEASON (37-22-5)
Landing a Superstar
Murray adds scoring, depth at deadline

Marian+Gaborik+2012+NHL+Star+Game+Player+Media+3dfKmKzDhB1l.jpg

Newest Ottawa Senator Marian Gaborik meets with media after being traded.

To Ottawa: Marian Gaborik, Anton Stralman
To NYR: Filip Kuba (picked back up off waivers), Nick Foligno,
Matt Gilroy, 2012 3rd Round Pick (OTT), 2012 3rd Round Pick (NSH).

To Ottawa: Antoine Vermette, 2013 First Round Pick (PHX)
To Phoenix: Craig Anderson, Colin Greening, 2013 2nd Round Pick (OTT)

With Senators fans ecstatic after a huge day, Murray is set to meet with the media later tonight.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
2012 NHL Entry Draft
The Halifax Hounds were very busy on draft day.
2012 Off-Season
The Chronicle Herald – Saturday, June 23, 2012

After the Halifax Hounds were knocked out by the Carolina Hurricanes in the Conference Finals, Anaheim made quick work of Carolina, beating them in five games to win the Stanley Cup for the second time since the lockout. “I would like to congratulate the Anaheim Ducks on winning the Stanley Cup this year!†GM Keegan Reynolds said during a press conference prior to day 1 of draft.

WEB_042412_TIMONEN_ON_RESTMP4HIGH_640x360_2227104071.jpg

Kimmo Timonen retired after playing 966 games in which he had 496 points.

Kimmo was the lone retiree for the Halifax Hounds. “It was a tough decision to make. I really enjoy playing hockey here, but I feel my time has come to an end,†Timonen said in an emotional press conference where he announced his retirement. "We were very happy with Kimmo and the way he played on our squad. He was a great player and leader on our team and wish him luck as he goes into retirement," GM Reynolds said at the same press conference.

The entry draft was now upon the Hounds, with two first round selections at 28th and 30th. Halifax has nine picks throughout the day to improve their squad. "We plan on getting a variety of prospects to help build our team and AHL squad after a disappointing year for the farm team," Reynolds said prior to the 1st overall pick.

Drummondville-Voltigeurs-Simon-Tardif-Richard-03.jpg

1/28 – RW Simon Tardif-Richard (Drummondville/66 B, B, B-) – A quick winger that gives Halifax more options at right wing down the line.

6147207.bin

1/30 – D Eric Diodati (Mississauga/67 B, B-, B) – Defensive defenseman who is an all around good player.

9c4b44c0462f96ed6f323e870633.jpeg

2/32 – C Jarrod Maidens (Owen Sound/71 B-, B, B) – Very quick sniper with a great shot.

6293626930_9ae28cb8ae.jpg

3/88 – LW Austin Fyten (Lethbridge/71 D, B-, C) – Quick player who isn’t afraid to grind it out in the corners.

urban_patrik_velky.jpg

4/115 – LW Patrik Urban (Liberec/71 B-, B-, C) – A playmaking left winger who will fit in with the centers in the system.

Everett-Silvertips-standout-Ryan-Murray.jpg

4/118 – D Ryan Murray (Everett/72 A-, B-, B-) – A two-way defender who is great at moving the puck.

Link%C3%B6pings-HC.jpg

5/128 – D Linus Hultstrom (Linkopings HC/72 B-, B, C) – Offensive defenseman who is also great in his own end.

5ea8b_subban.txt.jpg

5/148 – G Malcolm Subban (Belleville/71 B, B-, C) – Hybrid goalie who will be a long-term project in the Hound’s system.

Lewis.Jamie.Green1517.JPG

6/178 – C Jamie Lewis (Brampton/64 B-, B-, B-) – Playmaking center brings variety to the Hound’s prospect pool.

Halifax Hounds Receive:
ANA 1st Round Pick 2014

Anaheim Ducks Receive:
RW Michael Ryder

Ryder_stick.jpg

Michael Ryder was a good player for Halifax, but GM Reynolds feels he needs room for the young players on the squad.

The Hound’s made only one trade which was sending RW Michael Ryder to the Ducks for their first round selection in 2014. “We are very happy we were able to pick up this selection. We can add more depth to our prospect pool which will keep us competitive for years to come!†Reynolds said passionately during an interview with NHL Network on day 2 of the draft. The big challenge for Halifax now is to re-sign their players to new contracts. Some of the big players off the books are Ryan Suter and Martin Hanzal.

yay for draft being unrealistic. any tips to remedy this for next time?

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2011-2012 SEASON (37-22-5)
Alfredsson Remains Senator
Murray makes huge statement to NHL at the deadline

bryanmurray.jpg

Bryan Murray met with press after 2012 Trade Deadline.

"I'd like to start off by thanking Craig Anderson, Colin Greening,
Nick Foligno and Matt Gilroy for there services. Its never an easy
task to have to move players, but unfortunately that's part of the
game. Myself and the Ottawa Senators would like to wish them
the best of luck in the future."

"As for our additions, we are proud to welcome Marian Gaborik,
Antoine Vermette and Anton Stralman to Ottawa. We went into
the deadline looking to improve our top 6, and that's what we
achieved, along with an upgrade on defense."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Local radio station the Team 1200 was able to catch up
with Murray later that day for some questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------

1200: "First off, I believe this was on everyone's mind. How close
were you to dealing Alfie?"
BM: "I spoke to Daniel weeks leading up to the deadline, and he felt
as though we had a good squad here, and we had a chance to
make some noise in the playoffs. He wasn't looking to be moved,
and we had no interest in moving him."
1200: "What about what we heard about him open to being
moved to more of a contender?"
BM: "Nothing but a rumor. Currently we sit in 1st place in the East,
I think we're pretty good contenders, especially after today."

1200: "Trading Anderson is a deal I don't think anyone saw coming.
Care to explain how that came about?"
BM: "We weren't looking to move Craig, but Phoenix was very
interested in him. We felt as though Robin (Lehner) was ready to
make the jump to the NHL, and having Ben (Bishop) and Robin as
a 1A 1B goal-tending tandem will be more then capable of the work
load. Ben and Robin were two of the top AHL goalies last year,
and while they aren't experienced as NHL goalies, Lehner won MVP
honors just last year helping Binghamton to the Calder Cup."
1200: "Add how did Vermette come into all this?"
BM: "Obviously Antoine is a player we are very familiar with. His
great leadership and defensive play is something that is going to
be great to help out with the young kids in the future, along with
our playoff push."

1200: "Last but certainly not least, Gaborik and Stralman. Two
huge players heading over. How did you pull this off?"
BM: "Heading into the deadline, we were looking for two main
things. An upgrade in the top 6, and help with our defense core.
We were able to address both needs in a deal. Marian's season
so far (23 goals in 61 games) isn't quite what New York was hoping
from him, and we were able to strike a deal. With him playing with
Spezza, were hoping he can bounce back to 40 goal form in time
for the playoffs. We're also hoping the addition of him and Stralman
can help wonders on our power-play."
1200: "Does trying to get Alfredsson a cup come into play at all
with this move?"
BM: "We're always looking to improve on our team. We're aware
Daniel's time with the team may be not for much longer, but it
didn't come into play."

1200: Well that's all the time we have for today. Thank you very
much for coming in on what must be a hectic day for you Bryan.
BM: Always a pleasure.

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs Update

rink.JPG

On the 17th of April 2013, it is now official that the Montreal Canadiens will play the Florida Panthers in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Habs finsihed in the 4th in the East with 104 points while the Panthers finished just two points behind with 102. Other matchups this year are:

Eastern Conference First Round

Buffalo (1) Vs. Toronto (8)
Washington (2) Vs. Winnipeg (7)
Pittsburgh (3) Vs. Philadelphia (6)
Montreal (4) Vs. Florida (5)

Western Conference First Round

Los Angeles (1) Vs. Nashville (8)
St. Louis (2) Vs. Calgary (7)
Vancouver (3) Vs. Colorado (6)
San Jose (4) Vs. Chicago (5)

Top 5 Goal Scorers on the Habs
1. Brian Gionta (32)
2. Max Pacioretty (28)
3. Erik Cole (28)
4. Thomas Plekanec (19)
5. David Deshernais (18)

Top 5 Goal Scorers in the NHL
1. Evgeni Malkin-Pittsburgh (57)
2. James Neal-Pittsburgh (48)
3. Phil Kessel-Toronto (44)
4. Taylor Hall-Edmonton (44)
5. Tyler Ennis-Buffalo (42)

Top 5 Assists in the NHL
1. Joe Thornton-San Jose (64)
2. Derek Roy-Buffalo (63)
3. Mike Ribeiro-Dallas (62)
4. Ryan Nugent Hopkins-Edmonton (59)
5. Sidney Crosby-Pittsburgh (58)

Top 5 Goals Against Average in the NHL (at least 40 starts!)
1. Evgeni Nbakov-Florida (1.91)
2. Carey Price-Montreal (2.14)
3. Pekka Rinne-Nashville (2.14)
4. Tomas Vokun-Washington (2.16)
5. Jaroslav Halak-St. Louis (2.24)​

Last edited:

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Did an entire off-season of moves, but neglected to save. Game froze on me and lost all my progress :rant:

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Nash could be traded?

Money issues could be taking Islanders right winger Rick Nash to the Los Angeles Kings reports are saying. Last summer, when Islanders was slightly under the cap, the league rose salaries of Islanders team. Nash's salary is now 8.265M per year, still 5 years remaining, and that is the main reason why Islanders may deal him to elsewhere. Also one fact is that Islanders may not buy Scott Gomez out this summer, because he only has one year remaining in his contract after this season. It would be a costly bought out for cap, so that option is pretty far away.

Now the ball is in Nash's hands when he holds NTC. One direction where Nash could end up is Los Angeles. Kings were interested in Nash before he was even dealt to Islanders, so that could be a very possible option. Kings could offer some roster players whom Islanders are interested. Some pick or picks could be included in the deal too.

These are interesting times, surely. Islanders are in good position though, when their game came on it's tracks and now they have won some games too. Islanders are having 25-10-8 record and are holding the division lead and they are second in the East, behind Montreal Canadiens.

More about Nash are coming in next couple days and weeks. Islanders are solving their future plans and one, perhaps good, option is trading high price right winger Rick Nash.

- MSG Media

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
Don't really feel like doing a huge write-up today, but I finished 1st in the league by the long shot. Had 5 60+ point players. Won the Cup after beating the Sens, Pens, and Sabres in 6 and the Blues in 7. Eller was knocked out for 3 months during Round 2. So did it with Colborne/Brown as my centres. Cam Ward third career Conn Smythe, Vezina,
2diedrm.png

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I'm going to start a Minnesota Wild franchise. I'm going to change things around, I'm just going to simulate a year turning off injuries, trades, waivers so things are the same going into the 2012 off-season then I'm going to turn things back on. I can't play a season knowing the real NHL season is over.

I am going to write up a press conference with me signing a contract to be the General Manager of the Minnesota Wild.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
I'm going to start a Minnesota Wild franchise. I'm going to change things around, I'm just going to simulate a year turning off injuries, trades, waivers so things are the same going into the 2012 off-season then I'm going to turn things back on. I can't play a season knowing the real NHL season is over.

I am going to write up a press conference with me signing a contract to be the General Manager of the Minnesota Wild.

I hope you do the sim and start the 2012 Season today :)

i love to read all these posts :)

Keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad