NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Another Great Year
Halifax finishes with home ice advantage for second straight season
44-28-10 | 2nd in the East
2013 Playoffs

The Chronicle Herald – Mon. April 15, 2013

Team Leaders:

Goals:
1. James Neal (35)
2. Ryan Kesler (34)
3. Pavel Datsyuk (29)

Assists:
1. Ryan Suter (41)
2. Alex Semin (39)
3. Ryan Kesler (38)

2. Alex Semin (67)
3. Bobby Ryan (63)

Goalies:
Cory Schneider 41-25 2.38 .917% 9 Shutouts
Henrik Karlsson 2-4 2.93 .896% 0 Shutouts

tumblr_m1knbeMlkl1qfammbo1_500.png

James Neal had a fantastic season, putting up 35 goals to lead the team.

448822334597a7cb788384ecae03.jpeg

Ryan Kesler's first season with Halifax was one to remember, as he put up 72 points to lead the Hounds.

Despite finishing with 4 less wins than the year prior, Halifax ended up with the same result, second place. “We had another successful year and we can’t wait for the playoffs,†GM Reynolds said after the beat the Penguins (how many times will they be mentioned in these write-ups :facepalm: ) 1-0. “It was a great year, we came through in the end, getting second place. I am very happy that I was able to join this team,†Bobby Ryan said after he addressed the media after the last game of the season. Bobby Ryan will go up against his former team, the Tampa Bay Lightning in Round 1 of the playoffs.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
wild_header.jpg
Mikko Koivu heading to Long Island​
Mikko+Koivu+Minnesota+Wild+v+New+York+Islanders+lkx0Q05Z3egl.jpg

Two weeks ago Mikko Koivu told the Minnesota Wild ownership he wants to be traded he told the press "This team has done nothing to improve year after year, I cannot stay on a team that never makes the playoffs, I'm 28 years old I'm not going to be around for ever, I want to win the Cup". One week later after many discussions with many teams, 2 teams have accepted a deal, the New York Islanders sent a offer that was good enough for GM Vincent Martin to accept.

:isles
Mikko Koivu

:wild
Josh Bailey
Ryan Strome 74 (B, B, B)
3rd Round Pick

GM Vincent Martin talked about the trade. "It was very disappointing when we heard Mikko wanted to be dealt, I mean the season hasn't even started yet maybe we could have done something, I so I was very surprised when I heard it was true. I was talking to many teams, but one caught my eye, Ryan Strome was a big reason why I accepted the deal, I absolutely love his game, Strome and Grandlund are both potential number 1 centers so having both in this organization is fantastic, our future is looking very bright and I cant wait to see what they bring. I also liked Josh Bailey trading a center means we needed a center since we traded Mikko, so Bailey will be important to this squad. I'm very excited about this deal and I feel Strome is going to be a center piece of this team for years one day. I wish Mikko Koivu the best of luck with the Islanders, there looking better and better after this trade."

Trading there captain leaves them captain-less but not so fast, Cullen was quickly named captain of the Wild with Steve Sullivan with the A on his jersey, taking Cullens A.​

Cullen on being named captain, "I was very excited when I heard I was named Captain, but hearing the reason why is disappointing, I really wish Koivu would have stayed, but he chose to leave and that's fine with me I respect it. But being named to this team is special, I really like this team that they put together and I feel that could surprise this year. It's my job to lead this team to the playoffs and I'm up to the challenge."

:wild Minnesota Wild Updated Top 15 Prospects
Griffin Reinhart D 8.0C
Ryan Strome 8.0B
Mikael Granlund C 8.0C
Nathan Beaulieu D 8.0C
Matt Newitt G 7.5B
Matt Finn D 7.5B
Jonas Brodin D 7.5C
Colton Sissions C 7.5C
Jason Zucker RW 7.0B
Marco Scandella D 7.0C
Justin Hickman C 7.0C
Bret Bulmer RW 6.5B
Steven Kampfer D 6.5B
Cody Payne C 6.5B
Zack Phillips C 6.5C

Last edited:

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Bruins trade Krejci for picks, making room for Seguin, expected signing.

In a surprise move two weeks after repeating as Stanley Cup Champions, beating the Detroit Red Wings 4-1, the Bruins have traded David Krejci to the Nashville Predators for a pair of 1st round picks for 2013 and 2014, along with a 2nd round pick for the 2012 draft. Sources have said that the Bruins wanted Tyler Seguin to take over the #1 Center role after a amazing run in the Cup Victory, scoring 17 goals and 10 assists for 27 points and was awarded the Conn Smythe for his efforts. Sources also reported that the Krejci trade was also made to free up Cap Room for an expected run at soon-to-be UFA LW Zach Parise, but the Boston GM has not responded to these rumors. Stay tuned to see what Boston will do at the draft and the free agency market.

First write up. Should I continue?

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Bruins trade Krejci for picks, making room to signing.

In a surprise move two weeks after repeating as Stanley Cup Champions, beating the Detroit Red Wings 4-1, the Bruins have traded David Krejci to the Nashville Predators for a pair of 1st round picks for 2013 and 2014, along with a 2nd round pick for the 2012 draft. Sources have said that the Bruins wanted Tyler Seguin to take over the #1 Center role after a amazing run in the Repeat Cup run, scoring 17 goals and 10 assists for 27 points and was awarded the Conn Smythe for his efforts. Sources also reported that the Krejci trade is also to free up Cap Room for an expected run at soon-to-be UFA LW Zach Parise, but the Boston GM has not responded to these rumors. Stay tuned to see what Boston will do at the draft and the free agency market.

First write up. Should I continue?

Keep it going. Just find what works for you and go with it. Everyone writes differently and its a great way to improve your writing. Plus its always interesting to see everyone else's GM style. I've become a somewhat better GM by using some tricks or picking up some players I've seen others use.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
The Storm is Over
Halifax beats the Tampa Bay Lightning in seven games.
2013 Playoffs

The Chronicle Herald – Wed. April 1, 2013

008_bobby_ryan--300x300.jpg

Bobby Ryan had 7 assists during the first round against his former team.

Game 1: 3-2 W
Game 2: 4-3 W OT2

Game 3: 3-1 L
Game 4: 6-2 W
Game 5: 5-3 L
Game 6: 3-1 L

Game 7: 3-0 W

Halifax will play the Pittsburgh Penguins in the next round of the playoffs.​

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers scrap team to make serious changes....

Rangers trade Gaborik Avery Zuccarello 1st 2017 2ed 2017 to Avs for Landeskog OReilly McInn 1st 2012 3rd 2012
Rangers trade Richards Wilson Anisimov 1st 2015 1st 2016 to Stars for Eriksson Benn 1st 3rd 4th in 2012
Rangers trade Fedotenko Fogarty Tropp 1st 2ed 2016 2ed 2014 to Bruins for Lucic 1st 2012 6th 6rd 2012 Arniel and Hamilton
Rangers trade Stralman 2ed 2015 to Panthers for Gudbranson 6th 7th 2012
Rangers trade Redden Eminger Sauer and 2ed 2013 to Senators for Foligno and 6th 2012
Rangers trade Scott Woywitka Kveton Maggio and Prust to Sabers for McNabb Foligno and Tropp
Rangers trade Niemi and Mitchell to Jackets for Jenner and Smith
Rangers trade Rupp to Wild for Bulmer and 5th 2012
Rangers trade Psunry to Flames for Bartschi
Rangers trade Bickel Grant Boyle to Hawks McNeill Shaw 6th 7th 2012
Rangers trade Verance to Preds for 7th 2012
Rangers trade Johnson and Wellman to Blues for 5th 7th 2012
Rangers trade Biron to Oilers for 4th 6th 2012
Rangers trade Thomas to Jets for 6th 7th 2012
Rangers trade Arniel to Caps for 6th 2012
Rangers trade Smith to Preds for 7th 2012

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
BREAKING: Nash traded to Kings

New York Islanders have traded right winger Rick Nash and defenseman Johnny Oduya to the Los Angeles Kings. To Long Island come right wingers Justin Williams and Jack Skille, defenseman Rob Scuderi and 2nd round pick in 2013.

7189385834_b76f3ed0d9.jpg

Justin Williams was the main piece of the Kings package

"Yes, we have maiden this deal with the Kings", said Islanders GM Anatsu Southfield, "I have to say at first that this is trade which I have worked the most in these two years. To find fitting compensation for Nash's kind of elite-player wasn't the easiest task, but I think we made a good deal here in the end of the day."

"It's always sad to see him kind of talent to go away, but we felt that Nash's contract may be too hefty to our budget in coming years. We have Hamonic, Antropov and Murray's contract expiring after this season and example Blum's contract expiring after next season, so we wanted to have some cap space there. That's was the main reason of why we made this deal happen."

Justin Williams is 31-years old right winger who has 3 years in his contract worth of 3.650M dollars per season. Jack Skille is 25-years old winger who was acquired by the Kings in last season from Florida. He has two-years contract with 0.970M price tag. Rob Scuderi then is 34-years old defenseman who will be an UFA after the season.

"That's a good package. Justin is heck of a player. He is smart, discipline, player who plays for his team. I just like everything what he does on the ice. He has also very good speed in his game. He is maybe more defensive player than Rick and has more tools than him. Will be replace Nash really well", said Southfield.

"Then Skille. We were going to look third line right winger this summer from the UFA-pool, but now we don't have to. We got it right here. Jack is very potential two-way forward who needs just some believing and trusting behind him. He will be a very good right winger, when he will get to top of his game. The fact that he has a two-way deal is a markable also. That's big bonus, but I'm more than confident that he will play in the NHL now and in the future. Great player."

"Rob Scuderi is good stay-at-home defenseman. He is true winner. He wants to win. He has the passion to win. That's what we need on the ice when we will be put many young guys there. Also the good thing is that he is UFA. We have many talented young players coming, like Tanev and Wishart from the AHL in the future, so we can sign Rob for contract what we like this summer or let him go to the UFA-market. He will be a leader of our back-end", stated Southfield.

"We also wanted one high round pick. We have been scouting some guys and we felt that, if we get three guys from our top-60, we are in good position. There are some special talent. We are noe having now 11 picks and three in the first two rounds in this draft, that seems bright future for us. I like what we are doing in here", ended Southfield his press.

Justin Williams will wear no. 14, Jack Skille no. 12 and Rob Scuderi no. 6 in Islanders jerseys.

With the new players coming to line-up the Islanders lines will look like this:

Ruslan Fedotenko - John Tavares - Justin Williams
Jeremy Morin - Brandon Sutter - Nik Antropov
Matt Martin - Zenon Konopka - Jack Skille
Ben Smith - Michael Haley - George Parros

Andrew MacDonald - Travis Hamonic
Doug Murray - Jonathon Blum
Rob Scuderi - Milan Jurcina

Josh Harding
Kevin Poulin

IR: Michael Grabner

HS: Mark Eaton, Rhett Rakshani

One interesting note there is that Islanders and Kings will be against each other in the next week, in LA.

- MSG Media

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
Halifax Blows Lead
Penguins Move On To Round 3
2013 Playoffs

The Chronicle Herald – Thu. May 16, 2013

Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+LT87fxClzLSl.jpg

The Pittsburgh Penguins will move on to the Conference Finals.

Game 1: 3-1 W
Game 2: 5-2 W

Game 3: 3-1 L
Game 4: 2-0 W
Game 5: 3-2 L
Game 6: 3-1 L
Game 7: 2-1 L OT

Halifax loses in the second round, after making it to the conference finals the year before. “The loss was a little bitter, but I am still proud of our team. We played hard and didn’t make it easy for our opponents,†GM Reynolds said after game seven. With the off-season now ahead of the Hounds, they are going to be looking to remedy the problem that had them lose in round two instead of making it to the conference final.

GhostofRichardPark

Jun 19, 2011
Victoria
Tampa GM Declines Contract Extention

Tampa, FL

Fresh off the teams third straight stanley cup the Tampa Bay Lightning are searching for a new GM. In a surprise move Lightning general manager has refused a contract extension which would have seen him locked up for another 4 seasons with the club. "I believe my work here is done" said Dwayne Johnson. "I have left the club in a position to be competitive for years to come". Rebuilding teams around the league have stated "great interest" in trying to sign the superstar GM. "He isn't afraid to pull the trigger on blockbuster deals" one NHL insider said about a draft day deal from 2013 in which Johnson sent star forward Michael Grabner and A level prospect Chris Kreider to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for power forward Bobby Ryan. "We would love to have him on board" said the owner of one club who wished to remain anonymous. Dwayne Johnson said he is open to most offers but is hoping to sign with a team in the Western Conference. "At this time I am fielding offers from rebuilding teams who have seen what I did in Tampa. I hope to have a contract soon". With that the Bolts are also starting the interview process with a number of candidates next week. Lightning ownership have refused interviews while this is ongoing.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2011-2012 SEASON (47-30-5)
2012 NHL Entry Draft
Senators with 24th pick; hope to move up.

2012_NHL_Draft-200x200.png

With just hours until the 2012 NHL entry draft begins, things are
starting to get hectic. While he said hes comfortable pick at #24,
rumors are swirling that Senators GM Bryan Murray is hoping to
move up in hopes to pick up a top end d-man. Names such as
Gonchar, Smith or Erik Condra could be pieces in a package for
teams looking for immediate help. Ottawa also holds two first round
picks in 2013, and make look to use them in a deal. Things could
certainly get excited for Senators fans as time ticks down.

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Bruins sign Zach Parise, Teemu Selanne.

When the free agency window began July 1st, Boston GM Mark Mountain made it clear that he wanted to make a big time signing, and ended up with two. While he tried to trade a pick and prospect Dougie Hamilton(B- potential, hate how undervalued some prospects are in this game) to New Jersey for exclusive rights to Parise before July 1st, Mountain's efforts were futile, and Parise went into the FA market with 6 teams all courting him, but Boston came out on top with a 4 year deal that will give Parise 6.4 million a year. Mark Mountain said at the press conference "I think Zach is a great piece to add to our team, and will give us much needed production at the 1st line Left Wing.

While Parise was the biggest FA signing in the League, the Bruins had a 3rd line Wing space open with Chris Kelly leaving in Free Agency, and with no internal replacement that seemed ready, signed 41 year old Teemu Selanne to a 2 million 1 year deal. Selanne, 41, has scored 1406 points in his career and is coming off of a 66 point with Anaheim last year. He is expected to play Right Wing on the third line along with Rich Peverley at Center and Benoit Pouliot at Left Wing. The two deals leave the Bruins with 3.4 million in cap room and seems as though all needs are filled. The upcoming season is looking like it will be a fun one. - The Boston Globe

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nhl

Your 2011-2012 Hamilton Tigers!

Forwards
Mikael Samuelsson - Stephen Weiss - Wojtek Wolski
Guillaume Latendresse - Kyle Turris - Gabriel Landeskog
Sean Bergenheim - Mike Santorelli - Marco Sturm
Jack Skille - Jerred Smithson - Marcel Goc
EX. - John Madden

Defencemen
Ed Jovanovski - Brian Campbell
Jason Garrison - Dmitry Kulikov
Mike Weaver - Keaton Ellerby

Goalies
Ray Emery
Scott Clemmensen​

The Hamilton Tigers are all geared up for their inaugural NHL season. Listed above is the team's lineup. The roster is made up of the Florida Panthers roster they were left with, and some new faces acquired after some players refused to play for the Tigers. Overall, GM Dale Tallon likes the look of the club. "I like what were icing for this season" Tallon said. "We are young, and have talent. I think we will exceed expectations this year". The fans hope so.

S_1.jpg

Stephen Weiss is Hamilton's top forward.

Let's start with the forwards. The top line features the team's best forward, Stephen Weiss, centering Mikael Samuelsson and Wojtek Wolski. Normally, Kris Versteeg (traded to Ottawa) and Scottie Upshall (traded to Minnesota) would be on this line, but they didn't want to come to Hamilton. This line still has potential, as Weiss has been a consistent 60 point guy, while Samuelsson can easily pot 20-25 goals. For Wolski, this is a blessing, as his career has been spiraling downward. With top line minutes on a new team, he could excel.

The second line is completely revamped. All 3 guys were acquired in trades. This line sees youngster Kyle Turris center rookie Gabriel Landeskog and power forward Guillaume Latendresse. Turris was acquired at the expense of Versteeg, so expectations are high for the young pivot, who has yet to break 30 points in a season. Landeskog is a rookie power forward who was just picked 2nd overall in the 2011 draft by the Colorado Avalanche. He is expected to mesh well with Turris, as 'Lando' and Latendresse with bang bodies to give Turris space to work his magic. This is also a blessing for Latendresse. Exiled out of Montreal, and injured last season, a top 6 spot on a new team gives Guillaume an opportunity to resurrect a once-promising career.

The third unit sees free agent add Sean Bergenheim with surprise 40 point guy Mike Santorelli, and German sniper Marco Sturm. This line gives the Tigers 3 scoring lines, meaning all 3 players will be expected to produce. Bergenheim has been a disappointment since being picked in the 1st round by the New York Islanders. A great playoffs with the Tampa Bay Lightning has expectations high for the Finn. Santorelli had a solid season last year, with 40 points. He is expected to reach those totals, although 30 points isn't bad either. Sturm has fallen as of late, and hopes a fresh start can help him improve.

The fourth line is the shutdown line. This line sees Jerred Smithson center Jack Skille and Marcel Goc. Smithson was a good faceoff and PK guy when he was a Nashville Predator, and hopes to do the same as a Hamilton Tiger. Skille has not been the player he was thought to be since being a top 10 pick. He will be used exclusively for defence in Hamilton. Goc gives this line 2 centers capable of winning faceoffs consistently.

brian-campbell.jpg

Brian Campbell will lead the breakout in Hamilton.

On to the backend. This group remains unchanged from Florida. The top pairing sees a pair of newcomers, Ed Jovanovski and Brian Campbell. 'Jovocop' was a mainstay on the Phoenix Coyotes' blueline for years, and returns to the team that drafted him (formerly Florida). He is expected to be the same force he was in the Desert. Campbell is a welcome addition, and his cap hit is not a problem. 'Soupy' was traded due to his cap hit, and Hamilton welcomes the sturdy puck-mover with open arms. Campbell is expected to lead the breakout in Hamilton.

Youngster Dmitry Kulikov and Jason Garrison make up the second pairing. Kulikov is expected to be a future stud, and has shown glimpses of brilliance in his young NHL career. He is expected to play both sides of the puck effectively. Garrison was a free agent signing a few years ago, and is relied on for his offensive talents. Watch for him to make that first pass when these 2 step on the ice.

The third pairing is the shutdown pairing in Hamilton. Veteran Mike Weaver and youngster Keaton Ellerby will be counted on to provide the defensive play at critical times. Weaver has excelled with Florida, and is expected to do so in Hamilton. Ellerby is expected to develop into a shutdown D-man for the future.

Ray%20Emery%20in%20Ottawa%20Senators%20Dressing%20Room.jpg

Ray Emery was the man in Ottawa. Now he's the man in Hamilton.

Lets talk about the goalies - the last line of defence. In Hamilton, the hometown guy is the #1. Ray Emery gets another great opportunity to resurrect his career as the main man in Hamilton. Emery was very solid with the Anaheim Ducks last season, posting a 7-2-0 record after he was signed during the season. Emery is ready to take the reigns in Hamilton - with no nonsense, the reason he was driven out of Ottawa when he was #1 there. Don't worry Scott Clemmensen, we didn't forget about you. Clemmensen is a capable backup who has shown in the past, with New Jersey, he can step in and be the guy.

The Tigers open their inaugural season October 8th, visiting the New York Islanders.​

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
NHL Entry Draft
Halifax quiet on draft day, making important selections.
2013 Off-Season

The Chronicle Herald – Sat. June 22, 2013

2FC97587539CBC209AD62BC9B4B42C.jpg

Ethan Moreau retired after playing 928 games, scoring 290 points.

Once again, Halifax had one only one retiree, Ethan Moreau. “I had a great career in the NHL. I really enjoyed myself and my time here in Halifax was fantastic,†Moreau was a mid-season acquisition to help bring some experience to the AHL squad. With the draft ahead of Halifax, they are ready to make big changes if needed. They don't appear to have an specific need to address, but they are most likely going to draft a variety off players.

822b3d7a43dfa095018e27dc0b97.jpg

1/11 – D Mike Vlajkov (Ottawa) – Big defensive d-man with a big shot.

carnevale_alex640_640.jpg

1/25 – LW Alex Carnevale (Belleville) – Quick sniper who will mold well with the prospects around him.

Thomson2347.jpg

4/110 – LW Ben Thomson (Kitchener) – Big power forward who will be an effective bottom six forward in the future.

Cody+Nelson.jpg

5/140 – RW Cody Nelson (Spokane) – Big, smart two way forward who is not afraid to be physical.

Jake-Dotchin-of-the-Owen-Sound-Attack-Aaron-Bell-OHL-Images.jpg

6/170 – D Jake Dotchin (Owen Sound) – Two way defender who has an enormous frame.

Baie-Comeau-Drakkar-Francis-Turbide-04.jpg

7/200 – RW Francis Turbide (Baie-Comeau) – Physical strong winger who can be a strong fourth liner in the future.

“I was very pleased with the draft and who we drafted. I feel very good about our team in the future,†GM Reynolds said. Drafting only six players this year, compared to last year's nine, Reynolds made moves with his draft picks, mostly shipping them out for AHLers. With contracts just around the corner, he has some important contracts to sign for key players, like Yannick Weber and Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2011-2012 SEASON (47-30-5)
2012 NHL Entry Draft
Senators end up with 3 1st round picks for 2nd year in a row
2012_NHL_Draft-200x200.png

TRADES:

Ottawa Receives:
- 2012 1st round pick (9th Overall; Cody Ceci, D)
- 2012 1st round pick [via St.Louis] (25th Overall; Radek Faksa, C)

Buffalo Receives:

- RW Bobby Butler
- RW Erik Condra
- 2013 3rd Round Pick

Ottawa Receives:
- 2012 1st Round Pick (11th Overall; Hampus Lindholm, D)
- 2012 2nd Round Pick (41st Overall; Andrei Makarov, G)

Chicago Receives:
- C Zack Smith
- 2012 1st Round Pick (24th Overall; Andrei Vasilevski, G)

2012 NHL Entry Draft Results - Senators
----------(Round One & Two)------------

Ceci5639.jpg

D-Man Cody Ceci of with Ottawa 67's, taken 9th overall by the Ottawa Senators

Going into the draft with one pick in the first 90 (24th overall),
Senators GM Bryan Murray used all him magic, managing to move
up and pick 4 times in the first 41 picks (9th, 11th, 25th, 41st).

9th Overall - D, Cody Ceci:

Cody Ceci is a very sound all-around defenseman who's standout
skill is his hockey sense, but can also do everything else very well.
Hes also a player who sees the ice perfectly, and can make great
split second decisions. With a cannon of a shot from the point,
Ceci has the potential to be real threat in all 3 zones of the ice.

"We saw as the draft went on, and teams kept passing on Cody
(Ceci), we needed to make our move to snag him up. Not only is
he a local kid, who also plays for the 67's, hes also a fabulous two-
way defenseman. We couldn't take our chances he might have
been picked before #11." - Bryan Murray

11th Overall - D, Hampus Lindholm:

Ottawa also was able to not only add to there defense once again,
but also picked up another Sweed, Hampus Lindholm. An amazing
puck-moving defenseman, Senators hope he and fellow
countrymen Erik Karlsson can anchor the power-play for years to
come.

"Our initial deal with Chicago saw us move up to #11, a pick in
which we were talking about weeks moving up to the draft. We
had been scouting Lindholm and expect him to be a great player
for us a few years down the road." - Bryan Murray

25th Overall - C, Radek Faksa:

With the 25th overall pick, Ottawa was proud to select Radek
Faksa from the Kitchener Rangers. Faksa is a big bodied center
who possesses loads of offensive upside.

"We really liked what we saw in Radek, so the choice was quite
easy. We feel as though with his big frame and play-style, he wont
have a problem translating him game to the NHL." - Bryan Murray

41st Overall - G, Andrei Makarov:

Finally, with the 41st pick, Ottawa went for another need. They
helped fill out there prospect cupboard, selecting WHL goalie
Andrei Makarov.

"We had Makarov rated much higher in our list, so were thrilled to
be able to pick up what we feel is another steal in the draft. We
are aware of some of his struggles early on trying to adjust to the
North-American play style, but that doesn't worry us in the least.
Watching his poise and composure in the world juniors, we know
we're getting one heck of a goaltender." - Bryan Murray

----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

MEETING WITH THE MEDIA:
0.jpg

Bryan Murray met with media following a stunning draft

"Were sad to have to lose Condra, Smith and Butler via trades, but
we feel as though this move will set us up nicely for the future.
Zack (Smith) and Erik (Condra) were both excellent roll players for
us not only this year, but also in the playoffs. Bobby Butler was
a huge piece we really tried to keep, as we felt he was really
progressing as a 2nd line sniper along side Kyle Turris. They were
all huge components for when we won the Calder Cup. Myself and
the Ottawa Senators franchise would like to wish they the best
of luck in the future, and thank them for there time"

"We're very excited to be able to add so many high-end prospects
to our team. We feel as an organization that Ceci, Lindholm, Faksa
and Makarov are all going to be great players down the road, and
that they can make an impact sooner then later."

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
FEASTER GONE, IVERSON IN
Jay-Feaster-Calgary-Flames.jpeg

Feaster has been let go in favour of new GM Pascal Iverson

With only 4 days left until the beginning of pre season, the Flames have decided to fire Jay Feaster and hire Pascal Iverson. Iverson has no experience in managing a team before, and played 7 games in the OHL in the '88-'89 season before tearing his ACL and losing his hockey career.

"I was on the patio drinking a beer when they called me," said Iverson. "I had no idea, I didn't even go for an interview."

Iverson has spent the last 17 years as a landscaper in Florida, which is why this move is such a head scratcher. The 41 year old will begin his duties today.

After two consecutive playoff misses, the Flames hope to either change that or go in a different, more "youthful" direction.

"This team is old has hell," said Iverson. "Guess we'll need some fresh legs."

It has been reported Iverson agreed to a 3 year term as the GM of Calgary.

We'll keep you up to date on the latest moves by the Flames, stay tuned.

- Paige Turner
Calgary Herald

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Iverson makes first move as GM, releases starting line up​
107555326_0.jpg

The hard nosed defenseman will return to his former squad

Well it certainly didn't take long for Iverson to make his first move.

The Flames have sent Scott Hannan packing to his former squad the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a 5th round pick in the 2012 draft. Hannan hadn't even played a game in a Flames uniform before being traded.

" Let's face it, he is not what the Flames need right now," said Iverson in the scrum. " We need more speed and youth in this line up, and that's exactly what I plan to do."

Brodie will replace Hannan in the line up, who was expected to be in the 2nd pairing along with Cory Sarich. TJ Brodie was a 4th round pick of the Flames in the 2008 draft. He is a offensive minded defenseman and fits into the Flames needs.

STARTING LINE UP

Cammalleri-Jokinen-Iginla C
Tanguay-Morrison-Comeau
Glencross-Backlund-Stempniak
Jackman-Stajan-Moss

Giordano A-Bouwmeester A
Babchuk-Sarich
Brodie-Butler

Kiprusoff
Karlsson

Stay tuned for updates throughout the Flames season, the home opener for the Flames is October 8th vs the Pittsburgh Penguins.

- Paige Turner
Calgary Herald

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
IGGY RED HOT, FLAMES EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
230px-Jarome_Iginla._2008.JPG

The 34 year old is 2nd in goals

Many journalists, analysts, and self proclaimed know it alls believed the Flames wouldn't have a sniff at the playoffs. Well 16 games in, the Flames hold 7th place in the West with an 8-7-1 record.

The Flames had a hot start to the season, rolling on a 3-0 start. But injuries happened and the Flames fell back to earth.

The Flames have been criticized for a lack of consistency before, but the only consistent factor in the Flames season is the play of Captain Jarome Iginla. Iginla has tallied 13 goals in 16 games.

"Yeah I'd say I've had a good start compared to other seasons," said Iginla. " I've been known to have slow starts but I guess it's different this season."

Jay Bouwmeester has also found his stride, he has 11 assists in 16 games on the Flames blue line.

The Flames have made a couple moves, including the acquisition of centre Mathis Olimb via waivers claim from the Senators.

Another deal was the trade of David Moss, who was in the midst of an injury when dealt. Moss was traded to the Boston Bruins in return for Jordan Caron.

Iverson has certainly kept his word.

-Paige Turner
Calgary Herald

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2012-2013 OFF-SEASON
2012 OFF-SEASON
Young-guns expected to provide offensive boost for Senators AHL affiliate
ErikKarlssonBreaksFranchiseRecordForAssistsByDefencemanOttawaSenatorsSensTownBlog.jpg

Erik Karlsson has agreed to terms for a 6 year deal.

Senators GM Bryan Murray met with the media earlier, explaining his
many off-season moves, headlined by the signing of Brad Stuart
and Mikael Granlund along with the re-signing of star defenseman
Erik Karlsson.

"Our number one concern going into the off-season was making
sure we could lock up Erik (Karlsson) long term. We were able to
do so in a deal we really felt worked for both sides."

"Along with that, we knew we had to get a steady, veteran
pressence after the departure of Filip Kuba. Brad Stuart seemed
like the perfect fit for Ottawa. A hard-nosed player who can
mentor the younger kids on the team, he was the obviously choice
for us when he became a UFA."

"We were also able to acquire two top end prospects, one being
Finnish prosect in Mikael Granlund (center). Mikael is an incredible
talent, and with him not being able to come to terms with the Wild,
we jumped on the opportunity to have him become a member of
the Senators franchise. By moving Butler, Smith and Condra at the
draft, we lost a ton of depth and felt he would be able help fill that
void. He posses an incredible amount of skill and potential, and
were very excited to see what he can do for us this coming
season."

"Charlie Torstensson was the other top-end prospect we were able
to acquire via free-agency. Hes a big, athletic goaltender in which
we feel, along side Andrei Markarov, can really help bolster up our
AHL roster until they're ready to make the jump to the big leagues.
At 6 foot 4, 195 pounds, we feel as though this 19 year old has all
the tools to become a star down the road."

Notable Signing's and Re-Signings:
Stephane Da Costa - 2 years, 1.29 Million (0.645m per)
Nikita Filatov - 1 year, 0.915 Million
Erik Karlsson - 6 years, 21 Million (3.5m per)
Zenon Konopka - 1 year, 1.04 Million
Anton Stralman - 3 years, 4.5 Million (1.5m per)
Brad Stuart - 2 years, 8.4 Million (4.2m per)
Jesse Winchester - 1 year, 1.04 Million

Entry Level Contracts:
- Mikael Granlund
- Radek Faksa
- Cody Ceci
- Fredrik Claesson
- Hampus Lindholm
- Andrei Makarov
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau
- Charlie Torstensson

Last edited:

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Trade Deadline looming up

NHL Trade Deadline 2013 is just behind the corner and the New York Islanders are as well prepared as anyone. Islanders GM Southfield spoke to the media about coming deadline:

"We are in a good position right now. It is pretty much same kind of situation as it was last year. We are leading the league now, but not as big margin as last year. We are having a good depth, great talent in our team. Maybe some moves could be maiden, but I'm happy with my team", he said.

"The biggest additions to our team will be Jonathon Blum and Michael Grabner who will be back in the line-up right after the deadline."

- MSG Media

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Devils Advocate

With a quick series win over the Washington Capitals, HC Sparta Praha has a new challenge, the New Jersey Devils. Pavel Datsyuk has stepped up his game for these playoffs as his team is looking to knock off the defending Stanley Cup Champs.

Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: HC Sparta Praha Versus New Jersey Devils

HC Sparta Praha @ New Jersey Devils Game 1
Final Score: 3-0 NJ

Period 1
1:02 NJ P. Datsyuk (3) (T. Vanek)
2:48 NJ T. Vanek (2) (J. Pominville, P. Datsyuk)

Period 2
2:45 NJ E. Kane (1) (J. Lupul, G. Brule)

Period 3
No Scoring

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 19/22 0.864S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 15/15 1.000S%

Finally feeling the Loss of Richards?
With Mike Richards still out HC Sparta seemed to be reeling after game 1. New Jersey Devil forward Pavel Datsyuk kept up his hot streak as he scored first. Then Devil Thomas Vanek picked up a rebound out front of Rask which put Sparta down early. This usually doesn’t affect Sparta as they have mounted comebacks in the past. This time it wasn’t meant to be. Devils goalie Ilya Bryzgalov was on top of his game as he stymied a counter-attack by Sparta.

HC Sparta Praha @ New Jersey Devils Game 2
Final Score: 4-3 OT NJ

Period 1
5:44 SPA A. McDonald (2) (T. Selanne, A. Larsson)
13:13 SPA S. Weber (1) (E. Christensen)

Period 2
4:03 NJ J. Lupul (3) (E. Kane)
5:18 NJ G. Brule (2) (K. Cumisky, J. Lupul)
7:47 SPA M. Grier (1) (R. Dvorak, S. Weber)

Period 3
14:07 NJ P. Datsyuk (4) (N. Kronwall, B. Burns)

OT
0:41 NJ J. Pominville (4) (N. Kronwall, T. Vanek)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 32/36 0.889S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 19/22 0.864S%

First Line Problems
It’s bad when your own first line isn’t putting up points. It’s worse when the other team’s first line is dominating. The New Jersey Devils have their first line being that dominating line. Scoring two quick goals in the first game and then the tying goal, then game winner in the second game. Sparta better find a way to stop them or this series is going to be over quicker then they want it too. Going back home to Prague, HC Sparta Praha has some thinking to do before their next game.

Sending Out The Bear
HC Sparta forward Shawn Thornton will be on the ice for the first time this series back in Prague. The other line change will be Sparta defenseman Scott Hannan coming back into the line-up after being sidelined with an injury. Both will bring some toughness that Martin Skoula and Radek Dvorak could not bring to the line-up. You can almost be guaranteed that Thornton, Grier, and Regin will be in the face of the New Jersey Devils top line all game long.

hockey_night_in_canada_logo.gif

Hockey Night in Canada Interview Transcript

Elliote Friedman: I’m here in the beautiful city of Prague in the Czech Republic with Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semi-finals just on the horizon. Before the game I have the pleasure of interviewing Czech native and HC Sparta Praha forward Jakub Voracek. Thanks for joining me today.

Jukab Voracek: Thanks for having me.

EF: Let’s go back a couple months to the trade that first brought you here. The team was struggling but had just won the Stanley Cup the past season. What was going through your mind when you heard you had been traded?

JV: I was honestly surprised. I didn’t expect to be traded, and especially not to Sparta. I was excited though to head back to my home country. It’s not very often you get to play for or in your home country as a Czech. I know they were struggling but [HC Sparta Praha General Manager] Czerkawski called me up before it was officially announced and told me how the organization is aiming on getting younger and I was to be a part of the new, younger core.

EF: Do you think you being Czech had any bearing on you being targeted in the trade?

JV: My nationality had nothing to with it. Czerkawski told me he wanted a young big bodied forward who can finish. I think my nationality was just a bonus. Sparta already had Patrick Elias and Milan Hejduk so I think the Czech-factor has already worn.

EF: What was your mindset and the mindset of the team going into playoffs? Especially since you were going in without Richards?

JV: Losing Mike [Richards] was hard but Shea [Weber] and Nick [Lindstrom] wouldn’t let us dwell on it. Those guys are real leaders in the dressing room and off the ice. We fed off of their positivity. They kept telling us it could be worse, we could have failed down the stretch. Instead we got out act together and managed to get in. They kept telling us, we were given a chance so let’s use it. Normally Nick is the calm quiet guy with those few words of great advice. Down the stretch and during the Tampa Bay series there was this quiet burning passion in him. You could just tell something was different with him. Every shift seemed to say, I’m not going to let an injury to another player slow me down. And the rest of us fed off of that.

EF: You’re down two games in this series against the New Jersey Devils. Are some players not trying as hard as they should be or is it just goaltending?

JV: It’s none of those. Every guy in that dressing room is working their hardest out there. I know it’s easy to look at stats and say hey this guy hasn’t scored a goal yet or he hasn’t scored 20 in 3 games he must be really lazy. If you were to walk into that dressing room right now you would see a group of focused players who are dedicated to winning the Stanley Cup.

EF: What is it your team has to do to win this series or at least get back into it?

JV: Other than winning tonight? Hit them hard and fast. Be physical and up in their faces. We had two powerplay goals in game two, so we just have to keep forcing them to take penalties.

EF: Thanks for joining me.

JV: Don’t mention it.

HC Sparta Praha vs. New Jersey Devils Game 3
Final Score: 4-1 SPA

Period 1
3:25 SPA A. McDonald (3) (T. Selanne, N. Lindstrom)
8:40 SPA N. Lindstrom (2) (S. Thornton, P. Regin)

Period 2
10:19 NJ C. Bourque (1) (D. Helm, K. Cumisky)
11:54 SPA A. McDonald (4) (J. Voracek, P. Kubina)
14:31 SPA A. McDonald (5) (D. Perron, P. Kubina)

Period 3
No Scoring

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 23/24 0.958 S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 14/18 0.778 S%

Grinded to a Halt
Defense was on the mind of the HC Sparta Praha players, and so was hitting. Every Spartan player made life hell for the Devils. Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek sent out the 4th line of Thornton, Regin, and Grier to put a scare into the top lines of the Devils. And Andy McDonald took the game on his stick as he scored a hat trick to give his team the win. Sparta will have a chance to tie the series up in game 4.

HC Sparta Praha vs. New Jersey Devils Game 4
Final Score: 2-1 NJ

Period 1
10:24 NJ B. Burns (1) (P. Datsyuk, T. Vanek)

Period 2
13:22 SPA S. Thornton (2) (P. Regin, P. Kubina)

Period 3
5:02 NJ J. Pominville (5) (P. Datsyuk, B. Gervais)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 20/22 0.909 S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 22/23 0.957 S%

Richards Wasn’t Enough
HC Sparta Praha forward Mike Richards made his way back to the line-up after missing all of playoffs so far with an injury. But he didn’t make the impact he wanted to make as the New Jersey Devils head back to New Jersey with a chance to win the series. The only bright spot for Sparta in this game other than the return of Mike Richards was Shawn Thornton’s power drive to the net that tied the game temporarily.

HC Sparta Praha At New Jersey Devils Game 5
Final Score: 3-1 SPA

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
1:15 SPA M. Richards (1) (B. McCabe, J. Voracek)
10:57 SPA M .Grier (2) (S. Thornton, B .McCabe)
15:10 NJ D. Helm (1) (Unassisted)

Period 3
19:34 SPA EN D. Perron (2) (N. Lindstrom, S. Weber)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 25/26 0.962 S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 14/16 0.875 S%

Not Quite Done Yet
HC Sparta Praha lives to play another day. Sparta forwards Mike Richards finally had the impact he wanted scoring the first goal of the game which lead to his team winning 3-1. Sparta goalie Tuukka Rask has kept up his phenomal play, keeping his team in the playoffs. The new Jersey Devils will be looking to end this series now before they face elimination in game 7.

HC Sparta Praha vs. New Jersey Devils Game 6
Final Game: 3-0 SPA

Period 1
12:07 SPA S. Hannan (M. Samuelsson, N. Lindstrom)

Period 2
19:55 SPA S. Weber (2) (E. Christensen)

Period 3
19:31 SPA EN N. Yakupov (3) (T. Selanne, A. McDonald)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 22/22 1.000 S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 25/27 0.926 S%

Defensive Defensemen, We Do More Then Shut You Down
Tonight was a game of defense. And HC Sparta Praha has the players that excel at it. The New Jersey Devils are having a hard time of winning games when Sparta’s 4th line garners a lot of ice time. Thornton, Grier, and Regin may not be the most talented but they are certainly working hard enough to make a difference. The actual defensemen of Sparta gained most of the spotlight in tonight’s game thanks to Scott Hannan and Shea Weber. After serving a penalty, Scott Hannan joined his team on the ice and then proceeded to score a goal in the slot that trickled through Devils goalie Ilya Bryzaglovs’ legs. Then before the second period ended, with the face-off in the Devils zone, Sparta Head Coach Hasek saw the opportunity to put his team up by 2 and he took it. Sending out Eric Chirstensen to take the face-off was a move that many might see as the turning point of this series. Christensen won the face-off back to Weber who fired a blast of a shot past Bryzgalov for Sparta’s second goal of the night.

22734797.jpg

22734828.jpg

HC Sparta Praha vs. New Jersey Devils Game 7
Final Score: 4-1 SPA

Period 1
11:23 SPA N. Yakupov (4) (A. McDonald, N. Lindstrom)

Period 2
1:19 SPA D. Perron (3) (J. Voracek, N. Lindstrom)
17:12 NJ T. Vanek (3) (P. Datsyuk, J. Pominville)

Period 3
19:11 SPA N. Yakupov (5) (A. McDonald, A. Larsson)
19:40 SPA EN J. Voracek (2) (D. Perron, N. Lindstrom)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 31/32 0.969 S%
NJ I. Bryzgalov 17/20 0.850 S%

Nail in the Coffin
The Comeback is complete! After going down 3-1 in the series, HC Sparta Praha came back to the win the series. As soon as Sparta found out the weakness of the Devils, it was smooth sailing for Sparta. The New Jersey Devils just could not find a way to render Sparta’s 4th line useless. The Devils high flying offense, which tried to use four scoring lines, could not function against a gritty and tight team like Sparta. There was no doubt that the Devils tried their hardest though. They threw everything including the kitchen sink at Tuukka Rask but just could not score enough. Then there was Nail Yakupov. The 1st overall pick in this year’s draft, the player that Sparta GM Maruisz Czerkawski did all he could to get, came up big when needed. His first goal of the game came when he picked up the loose puck from behind the Devils net then brought it out front where he threw a shot on net that went off of Bryzgalov’s pad and in. And just as the Devils were getting desperate in the final minute of the game, Andy McDonald drew two defenders as he passed the puck to an oncoming Yakupov, who finished off the play with a nice deke and goal.

501A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_HJH.jpg

Tuukka Rask Shuts The Door

Sid the Kid Looking for Number 2
The Boston Bruins will be HC Sparta’s next opponent in the Eastern Conference Finals. Sidney Crosby is looking to the lead the team to his second Stanley Cup. With Mike Smith in net and Tyler Myers manning the blue line, the Bruins will be able to match Sparta in a game of grit.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nhl

Your 2011-2012 Hamilton Tigers!

Forwards
Mikael Samuelsson - Stephen Weiss - Wojtek Wolski
Guillaume Latendresse - Kyle Turris - Gabriel Landeskog
Sean Bergenheim - Mike Santorelli - Marco Sturm
Jack Skille - Jerred Smithson - Marcel Goc
EX. - John Madden

Defencemen
Ed Jovanovski - Brian Campbell
Jason Garrison - Dmitry Kulikov
Mike Weaver - Keaton Ellerby

Goalies
Ray Emery
Scott Clemmensen​

The Hamilton Tigers are all geared up for their inaugural NHL season. Listed above is the team's lineup. The roster is made up of the Florida Panthers roster they were left with, and some new faces acquired after some players refused to play for the Tigers. Overall, GM Dale Tallon likes the look of the club. "I like what were icing for this season" Tallon said. "We are young, and have talent. I think we will exceed expectations this year". The fans hope so.

S_1.jpg

Stephen Weiss is Hamilton's top forward.

Let's start with the forwards. The top line features the team's best forward, Stephen Weiss, centering Mikael Samuelsson and Wojtek Wolski. Normally, Kris Versteeg (traded to Ottawa) and Scottie Upshall (traded to Minnesota) would be on this line, but they didn't want to come to Hamilton. This line still has potential, as Weiss has been a consistent 60 point guy, while Samuelsson can easily pot 20-25 goals. For Wolski, this is a blessing, as his career has been spiraling downward. With top line minutes on a new team, he could excel.

The second line is completely revamped. All 3 guys were acquired in trades. This line sees youngster Kyle Turris center rookie Gabriel Landeskog and power forward Guillaume Latendresse. Turris was acquired at the expense of Versteeg, so expectations are high for the young pivot, who has yet to break 30 points in a season. Landeskog is a rookie power forward who was just picked 2nd overall in the 2011 draft by the Colorado Avalanche. He is expected to mesh well with Turris, as 'Lando' and Latendresse with bang bodies to give Turris space to work his magic. This is also a blessing for Latendresse. Exiled out of Montreal, and injured last season, a top 6 spot on a new team gives Guillaume an opportunity to resurrect a once-promising career.

The third unit sees free agent add Sean Bergenheim with surprise 40 point guy Mike Santorelli, and German sniper Marco Sturm. This line gives the Tigers 3 scoring lines, meaning all 3 players will be expected to produce. Bergenheim has been a disappointment since being picked in the 1st round by the New York Islanders. A great playoffs with the Tampa Bay Lightning has expectations high for the Finn. Santorelli had a solid season last year, with 40 points. He is expected to reach those totals, although 30 points isn't bad either. Sturm has fallen as of late, and hopes a fresh start can help him improve.

The fourth line is the shutdown line. This line sees Jerred Smithson center Jack Skille and Marcel Goc. Smithson was a good faceoff and PK guy when he was a Nashville Predator, and hopes to do the same as a Hamilton Tiger. Skille has not been the player he was thought to be since being a top 10 pick. He will be used exclusively for defence in Hamilton. Goc gives this line 2 centers capable of winning faceoffs consistently.

brian-campbell.jpg

Brian Campbell will lead the breakout in Hamilton.

On to the backend. This group remains unchanged from Florida. The top pairing sees a pair of newcomers, Ed Jovanovski and Brian Campbell. 'Jovocop' was a mainstay on the Phoenix Coyotes' blueline for years, and returns to the team that drafted him (formerly Florida). He is expected to be the same force he was in the Desert. Campbell is a welcome addition, and his cap hit is not a problem. 'Soupy' was traded due to his cap hit, and Hamilton welcomes the sturdy puck-mover with open arms. Campbell is expected to lead the breakout in Hamilton.

Youngster Dmitry Kulikov and Jason Garrison make up the second pairing. Kulikov is expected to be a future stud, and has shown glimpses of brilliance in his young NHL career. He is expected to play both sides of the puck effectively. Garrison was a free agent signing a few years ago, and is relied on for his offensive talents. Watch for him to make that first pass when these 2 step on the ice.

The third pairing is the shutdown pairing in Hamilton. Veteran Mike Weaver and youngster Keaton Ellerby will be counted on to provide the defensive play at critical times. Weaver has excelled with Florida, and is expected to do so in Hamilton. Ellerby is expected to develop into a shutdown D-man for the future.

Ray%20Emery%20in%20Ottawa%20Senators%20Dressing%20Room.jpg

Ray Emery was the man in Ottawa. Now he's the man in Hamilton.

Lets talk about the goalies - the last line of defence. In Hamilton, the hometown guy is the #1. Ray Emery gets another great opportunity to resurrect his career as the main man in Hamilton. Emery was very solid with the Anaheim Ducks last season, posting a 7-2-0 record after he was signed during the season. Emery is ready to take the reigns in Hamilton - with no nonsense, the reason he was driven out of Ottawa when he was #1 there. Don't worry Scott Clemmensen, we didn't forget about you. Clemmensen is a capable backup who has shown in the past, with New Jersey, he can step in and be the guy.

The Tigers open their inaugural season October 8th, visiting the New York Islanders.​

Won't have a Tigers post today/tomorrow, probably Monday.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Dallas Stars 2014-15 Season Wrap-Up

It was just another year of close but not quite in Dallas. The Stars reached the 3rd round of the playoffs again, and were two games away from the Stanley Cup Final. However, they were no match for the San Jose Sharks, who went on to win the Stanley Cup.

1st Round: Beat Phoenix in 6 games
2nd Round: Beat Vancouver in 6 Games
3rd Round: Lost to San Jose in 6 Games

Some new prospects may be coming up for the Stars this upcoming season, and some veterans may be on the way out. Stay tuned. Rumors have it that Jack Campbell may be pushing Kari Lehtonen for the starting spot in the cage. Lehtonen had a few bad playoffs games, and Campbell was able to step in and help the team win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad