NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Jokinen comes to the Avs​
IMG_1428.JPG

Jokinen played 81 games last year recording 65 points

Two days before the beginning of the season, Murray makes his first trade as GM, trading away 20-year-old defensemen Cameron Gaunce and a 2012 4th round pick. Gaunce was drafted in 2008 in the second round by Colorado and for the past two seasons has been playing with his OHL team the Mississauga St. Michael's. Jokinen was drafted by the Stars in 2001 but was trade in 2008 to the Lightning and then was traded the next season to the Hurricanes Murray had this to say on the trade, "We felt Cam would fit better and develop better on a team in need of defensive depth like the Hurricanes. Jokinen was on a team that was growing in winger depth and he would be eventually he would be replaced by one of the younger players. It seemed like the right trade to do." The current lineup for opening night:

Colorado Avalanche

Jussi Jokinen - Paul Stastny - Milan Hejduk
T.J. Galiardi - Matt Duchene - Peter Mueller
Ryan O'Reilly -Tomas Fleischmann - David Jones
Cody Mcleod - Jay McClement - David Koci

John Liles - Erik Johnson
Adam Foote - Kyle Quincey
Ryan O'Bryne - Kyle Cumiskey

Brian Elliott
Peter Budaj

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Huge Trade Highlights Dallas Stars Offseason

ellyjrs2835.jpg

The Dallas Stars acquire young offensive defenseman Ryan Ellis from the Nashville Predators.

Dallas Receives:
D Ryan Ellis

Nashville Receives:
C Mike Ribeiro
D Mark Fistric
RW Tomas Vincour

Free Agent Signings:
C Max Talbot
D Devan Fafard

GM Deku Scrub has stated that "the line combinations to begin the season will be announced shortly."

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Boston wins President's trophy, lose Siedenberg for at least Round 1

The regular season is over, and the Boston Bruins are the winners of the President's trophy, going 56-18-8 recording 120 points. Boston GM Mark Mountain was proud of his team, but said that " we're not shooting for the president's trophy, while it is nice to have, the main goal is the Cup." But it came at a steep cost as Boston Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg was injured in the final game of the year with an MCL sprain and will miss up to 2 to 3 weeks, which knocks him out of the first round series against the New York Rangers. Mountain said that he plans on calling Defenseman Torey Krug up from Providence and plugging 7th D-man Keith Aulie into Siedenberg's spot.
pariseee.jpg

Zach Parise lived up to the hype in his first season in Boston, scoring 43 goals and 42 assists
Tyler Seguin 71
Milan Lucic 64

Goals: Zach Parise 43
Milan Lucic 35
Brad Marchand 33

c1c184_TylerSeguin_06302010.jpg
Tyler Seguin recovered from a lackluster 11-12 season, by recording 71 points and being named an all-star​
Assists: Tyler Seguin 47
Zach Parise 42
Patirce Bergeron 38​

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
I had about half a season written-up for Halifax and lost it all :facepalm: .

What team should I do? Looking for a team like Toronto, or somewhere in that position in the league.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I had about half a season written-up for Halifax and lost it all :facepalm: .

What team should I do? Looking for a team like Toronto, or somewhere in that position in the league.

What do you mean by position? A team that is rebuilding or kinda of always on the playoff bubble? Or something else?

I'd almost say Dallas or the New York Islanders. Bring back the glory of the old days.

keeganr

Jun 29, 2011
www.youtube.com
What do you mean by position? A team that is rebuilding or kinda of always on the playoff bubble? Or something else?

I'd almost say Dallas or the New York Islanders. Bring back the glory of the old days.

Like bottom of the league, rebuilding.

Dallas seems like a really cool idea. I will look into that tomorrow.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Just started playing this game again, and about 45 minutes in, I remembered why I stopped. It's already froze once, I reset it, went into my GM mode again and was offered a trade via the little pop-up trade thing.

The trade was:

To Edmonton Oilers - 2012 4th Round Pick & 2012 1st Round Pick
To New York Islanders - Josh Green

Being the Oilers, I naturally decided to take it. When I went to look at the trade again, it said that I recieved a 2012 4th round pick & a 2013 4th round pick!! So unless a 2013 4th round pick has the same trade value as a 2012 1st round pick, this game messed up AGAIN.

I CANNOT wait for NHL 13 to come out so I never have to play this stupid game again.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Flames sit at 6th 28-21-4​
940-flames-8col.jpg

The Flames celebrate a goal

Well now the Flames are really defying the odds.

The Flames are at 60 points and 4 points back of division leader Vancouver Canucks. They can contribute that fact to Bouwmeesters offence re igniting in Calgary and the Cammalleri-Jokinen-Iginla line.

Although GM Pascal Iverson has only made minor moves so far, he thinks he has a team that can make a deep play off run.

"If you look at our line up, you see a team with depth, grit, and skill. Those are the tools you need to go far." said Iverson.

Don't expect any major moves in the near future though, as Iverson is adamant this is a team that will remain the same past the trade deadline.

But give credit where it's due, Jay Feaster and Daryl Sutter have built the team you see in front of you, mostly the latter. Also HC Brent Sutter has kept the team disciplined and focused, something other coaches haven't been able to do.

-Paige Turner
Calgary Herald

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Just started playing this game again, and about 45 minutes in, I remembered why I stopped. It's already froze once, I reset it, went into my GM mode again and was offered a trade via the little pop-up trade thing.

The trade was:

To Edmonton Oilers - 2012 4th Round Pick & 2012 1st Round Pick
To New York Islanders - Josh Green

Being the Oilers, I naturally decided to take it. When I went to look at the trade again, it said that I recieved a 2012 4th round pick & a 2013 4th round pick!! So unless a 2013 4th round pick has the same trade value as a 2012 1st round pick, this game messed up AGAIN.

I CANNOT wait for NHL 13 to come out so I never have to play this stupid game again.

Update:
We're at the trade deadline, Nashville offers us a trade.

To Nashville - 2012 3rd round pick & Theo Peckham
To Edmonton - Matthew Halischuk, 2013 4th round pick (Buffalo's) &........ 2013 4th round pick (Buffalo's)....

Really?

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Sutherby a flame, bye bye Babchuk
200px-Brian_Sutherby_(Dallas).JPG

The 29 year old will join the Flames on their Pacific road trip

Well so much for no changes come the deadline.

The Flames have traded Anton Babchuk for Brian Sutherby and Dallas's 2012 1st rounder.

Anton Babchuk spent most of the season on the 2nd pairing, and had great success tallying 4 goals and 16 assists in 63 games.

"Babs was really good this season, but I think Sutherby will be useful here and the 1st rounder isn't too bad either." Said Pascal Iverson after the deal. " He's a solid PK'er and is very good down low."

The Flames have an influx of fourth line centres now though, Olimb, Stajan and now Sutherby will be fighting for spots.

"I think that a couple of them can fight for the 3rd line centre position," Iverson said when asked about the dilemma. " Stajan has had a good season so far, and so has Olimb. Either way one of them can play on the wing."

Mathias Olimb and Olli Jokinen have suffered injuries and will be out for the next week at least. So Stajan and Sutherby are comfortable, for now.

Brendan Mikkelson has been called up to fill the 6th dman spot while Butler moves up into the top 4 slot to take up Babchuk's former post. Mikkelson has 21 points with the heat in 43 games, he also played on the Flames roster for 14 games, tallying no points.

Line Up
Cammalleri-Morrison-Iginla
Tanguay-Backlund-Comeau
Glencross-Stajan-Stempniak
Kostopolous-Sutherby-Jackman

Giordano-Bouwmeester
Butler-Sarich
Brodie-Mikkelson

Kiprusoff
Karlsson

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2012-2013 OFF-SEASON
Youth Movement Continues
Gabriel Landeskog traded to Senators and Granlund interview.

Welcome to Ottawa, Gabriel!
a754f63b68b6aff5bc0e0f73c640b3cd-getty-510867064.jpg

Right wing Gabriel Landeskog (2nd from left) has been added to Ottawa's roster

To Ottawa:

- RW Gabriel Landeskog

To Colorado:

- 2013 First Round Pick (OTT)
- 2013 First Round Pick (PHX)

"Were very excited to bring in Gabriel to our roster." Murray stated
to the media just hours after the trade had been announced. Hes
a player we were really high on last year and attempted to move
up in hopes to grab him then, but things didn't work out. With the
youth movement were currently going with, Landeskog can come
in and become a young leader of this squad and that's exactly
what we need. As an organization, we feel as though our prospect
depth is the best in the NHL, and losing two first round picks will
not change that, especially when were bring back a young player
as well."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Granlund Speaks Out.
mikael+granlund+finland-russia+game+2011.jpg

Newly added Mikael Granlund spoke with The Team 1200 about his choice to come to Ottawa

1200: "Welcome to the show, Mikael. Thank you for taking the time
out of your day to talk with us"
MG: "Thank you for having me."
1200: "I'm going to be blunt and to the point on this one. What
happened in Minnesota that had you turn out a highly sought after
UFA?"
MG: "I was really looking to make my jump to the NHL, but they felt
I wasn't ready yet and wanted me to spend the season down
playing for the Aeros. I know I have what it takes to make an
impact in an NHL roster."
1200: "What made Ottawa so appealing?"
MG: "I felt like the Senators were building in a way which will keep
them competitive for years to come down the road. Also, they have
other young players in which I'll be able to jell with as well as very
well respected veterans, such as Daniel Alfredsson who I hope to
be able to learn from."
1200: "Not only will you be playing in the NHL next year, you'll also
be playing for a Canadian team. How do you feel as though you'll
be able to handle the pressure?"
MG: "It's going to be something I'll gladly get use to."*laughs*" I'm
honored to be able to play in front of fans who will truly appreciate
the game, and am going to really enjoy it as well. I'm going to use
the pressure as motivation to be my best, and help get better
every game."
1200: "Do you feel as though you have any additional pressure
in having to prove yourself after what happened in Minnesota?"
MG: "Of course, but I know I can make a real statement in my
rookie campaign and would like to thank Ottawa for giving me my
shot."
1200: "Awesome to hear. Good luck with things this season,
Mikael."
MG: "Thank you."

Last edited:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Update:
We're at the trade deadline, Nashville offers us a trade.

To Nashville - 2012 3rd round pick & Theo Peckham
To Edmonton - Matthew Halischuk, 2013 4th round pick (Buffalo's) &........ 2013 4th round pick (Buffalo's)....

Really?
I dont even look at what the cpu offers anymore. Just a waste of gm rep to decline 99 out of 100

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Deku Scrub Confident In the Team He Built

The Dallas Stars' lineup will have a few new faces heading into the 2015-16 season. Rookie forwards Shane Prince and Trent Lofthouse are being promoted from the AHL, offensive defenseman Ryan Ellis was acquired from Nashville, two-way defender Ian White and grinder Max Talbot were signed as UFAs.

"I am confident in the team I have put together for this upcoming season." says Stars GM Deku Scrub. "On trading away Mike Ribeiro... he told me that he was planning on retiring soon, and that he wanted one last shot at the cup. He didn't feel that Dallas was the right place... we respect his decision and wish him the best of luck in Nashville."

"Jack Campbell really showed us last year that he is capable of being a starting goaltender in the NHL. Our plan is to have him and Kari split the games this season. We want to ease him into the role of being a starting goalie, and that is the next step."

:stars
Dallas Stars 2015-16 Lineup

J. Benn (89) - J. Stall (88) - P. Kessel (91)
L. Eriksson (88) - T. Lofthouse (81) - P. Parenteau (84)
S. Ott (83) - C. Kelly (84) - S. Prince (83)
V. Stalberg (82) - M. Talbot (84) - E. Nystrom (81)

R. Ellis (86) - M. Greene (88)
A. Goligoski (84) - T. Daley (88)
L. Smid (85) - I. White (84)

K. Lehtonen (90)
J. Campbell (84)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Eastern Conference Finals: HC Sparta Praha Versus Boston Bruins​

HC Sparta Praha At Boston Bruins Game 1
Final Score: 2-1 BOS

Period 1
18:34 SPA A. McDonald (6) (T. Selanne, B. McCabe)

Period 2
11:56 BOS D. Miller (1) (M. Backlund, Z. Stortini)
19:34 R. Robitaille (2) (K. Alzner, B. Sweatt)

Period 3
No Scoring

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 23/25 0.920 S%
BOS M. Smith 14/15 0.933 S%

Strength Meet Strength
HC Sparta Praha pulled off a comeback in the semi-finals because the New Jersey Devils could not match their toughness. In this series versus the Boston Bruins, Sparta has found an opponent of equal strength. Boston Bruins Head Coach Claude Julien matched his 4th line and 3rd line with Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek’s 4th and 3rd lines. This stalemate allowed the Bruins to get opportunistic and allow them to squeak out a 2-1 victory over Sparta.

HC Sparta Praha At Boston Bruins Game 2
Final Score: 2-1 BOS

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
5:50 BOS D. Setoguchi (5) (T. Myers, B. Bickell)
9:29 BOS L. Korpikoski (5) (A. Pietrangelo, N. Zherdev)
9:55 SPA T. Selanne (3) (A. McDonald, N. Yakupov)

Period 3
No Scoring

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 31/33 0.939 S%
BOS M. Smith 13/14 0.929 S%

Familiar Ground
For the second time this playoffs, HC Sparta Praha finds themselves down two games to none in a series. This time though it doesn’t look like there is a player they can bring in to start a comeback. The Boston Bruins offense was all over Sparta goalie Tuukka Rask and could have easily have scored more goals if not for Rask stepping his game up. Now its time for the rest of the team to step their game up.

HC Sparta Praha vs. Boston Bruins Game 3
Final Score: 3-2 OT SPA

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
5:16 SPA T. Selanne (4) (A. McDonald)
17:14 BOS S. Crosby (4)

Period 3
7:51 SPA J. Voracek (3) (M. Richards, D. Perron)
12:21 BOS Z. Stortini (1)

OT1
18:54 SPA D. Perron (4)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 28/30 0.933 S%
BOS M. Smith 25/28 0.893 S%

Perron-A Attack
David Perron came alive at the right time in the series scoring the overtime winning goal. With Mikael Samuelsson in the box, Perron took his place beside Mike Richards on the penalty kill. Richards won the face-off back to Nicklas Lindstrom who rang a boomer off of the post. Just when it looked like an opportunity had been wasted, Perron was there to put away the rebound. And just like that HC Sparta Praha was back in the series, only down 2-1 in the series with one more game at home to tie up the series.

HC Sparta Praha vs. Boston Bruins Game 4
Final Score: 4-0 BOS

Period 1
2:56 BOS B. Bickell (3) (S. Crosby)
7:56 BOS B. Sweatt (2) (M. Backlund, D. Miller)

Period 2
No Scoring

Period 3
1:24 BOS N. Zherdev (3) (S. Crosby, B. Bickell)
2:22 BOS M. Backlund (1) (V. Filppula)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 12/16 0.750 S%
BOS M. Smith 15/15 1.000 S%

Behind the Eight Ball
After an uninspired, dismal effort, HC Sparta Praha finds themselves on the brink of elimination headed back to Boston. The Bruins frustrated the Sparta players to no end, causing them to take unneeded penalties. Even Sparta goalie Tuukka Rask was frustrated and not his normal self. Sparta has to figure out how to stage another comeback if they want the chance to defend the Stanley Cup.

Coaches Exchange Words
At the post-game press conference, Boston Bruins head coach took a shot at the HC Sparta Praha organization.

“We have them outskilled and outclassed. You saw what happened in the last 10 minutes of the game, they kept playing their 3rd and 4th lines, trying to run our players and injure our players. It was classless but expected if you look at what happened in their series versus New Jersey,†Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien talking to the media after game 4, “they even instigated two unnecessary fights at the end of the game. This is playoff hockey not boxing.â€

2577bruins_claude.jpg

HC Sparta Praha Head Coach Dominik Hasek was furious that his team was called out.

“I can’t believe what I’m hearing, my team classless? We play a tough gritty style of hockey and if the Bruins don’t like it they can forfeit the series and go home!†an enraged Hasek goes on, “if he wants to see unclassy play then he should go take a look at the video replay and watch as one of his players runs Rask when he’s out of his crease. And no penalty gets called! This is outrageous.â€

1337849312321_ORIGINAL.jpg

You can expect both teams to come out hitting in game 5 and maybe even the coaches if they can’t control their anger.

HC Sparta Praha At Boston Bruins Game 5
Final Score: 3-2 OT BOS

Period 1
9:48 SPA E. Cristensen (1) (N. Hagman, P. Kubina)
17:17 BOS T. Sloan (2) (K. Alzner, B. Sweatt)
19:34 BOS V. Filppula (7) (L. Korpikoski, Z. Stortini)

Period 2
19:53 SPA M. Richards (2) (D. Perron)

Period 3
No Scoring

OT1
18:22 BOS Z. Stortini (2) (K. Shattenkirk, D. Miller)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 45/48 0.938 S%
BOS M. Smith 23/25 0.920 S%

No Repeat
HC Sparta Praha has been eliminated. They will not get the chance to defend their title. They had a good run though making it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals but they ran into a Boston team that just could not seem to lose. After Pavel Kubina collided with his own goalie, Tuukka Rask, Bruin Zach Stortini had all the time in world to put the puck into the empty net. It was an unfortunate way to end the series and the game where Rask made 45 saves on the night.

“We tried our hardest and that’s what matters. The guys did what they could. Next year we’ll be right back here and there will be a different result,†Sparta captain Shea Weber.

“It sucks that I didn’t get a chance to stop the goal but its hockey and things happen,†a disappointed Tuukka Rask.

“I wish that the result would have been different but in no way am I disappointed in the players,†HC Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek at the post-game media conference.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
NHL Trade Deadline 2013

The New York Islanders headed to the deadline as league leader with record 40-15-10. Islanders GM Anatsu Southfield didn't expect much of movement, but we got some. Here is the recap of the day:

The biggest deal of the Islanders day was a deal with Washington when Zenon Konopka was traded with a 4th round pick 2013 (SJ's pick) to Washington for Matt Hendricks.

230px-Matt_Hendricks_2012-01-22.JPG

Hendricks was acquired by the Islanders

"The Capitals were interested in Zenon and I wanted to move him as it seemed that he didn't get his game going as well as we wanted. I wanted an UFA-player to coming back, and I think Matt can replace Zenon perfectly", said Southfield about his deal, "and we had 11 picks in upcoming draft so one fourth rounder wasn't much to give up."

But the first the Islanders announced that they have signed free agent goalie Mike Murphy for one-year, two-way deal. Murphy will be RFA in summer.

"Mike is a good athletic goalie to have. I felt that we had to make sure that we are ready if one of our goalies injuries. Then we have Mike to use", said Southfield about Murphy.

The other trade what the Islanders made was with the Rangers. Rangers offered 3rd round pick in 2014 for left winger Dwight King and Islanders accepted the deal.

"I think Dwight is one a heck of a player, but I didn't seem him a guarantee roster spot for next year so we made this deal", told Southfield about the deal.

Also the Islanders put Scott Gomez in the waivers and this time he was picked when the Columbus Blue Jackets picked him. The Blue Jackets was below the cap floor, so Southfield put Gomez in the waivers to see if they would catch him.

To recap the day Islanders moved out Konopka, King, Gomez and 4th round pick and acquired Hendricks, Murphy and 3rd round pick.

"I think it was a good day. We made all the moves we liked. When you do that at the deadline, then you have made perfectly, I think. These moves give us a direction to the future, what I like. Good day for us", ended Southfield his conference.

Around the league

There were some big deals maiden around the league:

DET: Cory Emmerton + Petr Mrazek + 1st round pick 2013 <-> PHI: Max Talbot + Zac Rinaldo

BOS: Adam McQuaid + Greg Campbell <-> NJ: Derek Silvester + JC Lipon + Cody Ceci + 3rd round pick 2013

CHI: Chris Minard <-> COL: Carson McMillan + 4th round pick 2014

CBJ: Greg Zanon + Brett Regner + Alex Plante <-> DAL: Adam Pardy + 2nd round pick 2013

PIT: Patrick Ehelechner <-> PHI: 4th round pick 2014 + 6th round pick 2013

- MSG Media

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
If anyone was wondering how the realism experiment went, 7 minute periods and superstar difficulty, just check out the scores and stuff for the series vs. the New Jersey Devils and the series versus the Boston Bruins. From my point of view the scores and results seemed realistic, maybe not the shots in some cases but thats just from the way I play. And sometimes the CPU was just kicking my ass in my own zone, especially in the Boston series. I threw around the Devils like ragdolls, the Bruins not so much.

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Halifax knights resign core players

The halifax knights, after a successful run to the western conference finals felt like they had a good core.

in the free agent frenzy the knights sign 2 players they thought were the perfect guys to help them win the cup.

those players were david legwand and derek morris

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
HC Sparta Praha Off-Season 2013

590096895.jpg

Lidstrom Retires
After an amazing career, one of the best defensemen of all times is retiring. Nicklas Lindstrom spent most of his time with the Detroit Red Wings before being picked up in the NHL distribution draft at the start of last season by HC Sparta Praha.

“It’s time for me to retire. I’ve enjoyed my time here in the NHL. I’ve played with and against great players. I would like to thank the Detroit Red Wings organization for drafting me first and the HC Sparta Praha organization for allowing me one more Stanley Cup.†Nicklas Lidstrom announcing his retirement.

“It’s been a great pleasure having Lidstrom as my defense partner for two seasons, sorry to see him go but I wish him the best of luck,†HC Sparta Praha Captain Shea Weber.

“I’ve been his goalie now his coach, he’s great to be around no matter what,†HC Sparta Praha Head Coach Dominik Hasek.

“He’s been a great mentor and teammate. Hopefully I’ll get to be half as good as he is,†fellow Swedish defenseman Adam Larsson.

c0f42ad9.jpg

Selanne is Done
After trying for one more Stanley Cup, Teemu Selanne has decided to retire. Selanne has been an integral part of the second line, mentoring the young players coming through the system.

“It’s sad to leave, I’d like to play in the NHL for the rest of my life but I just don’t have the capacity anymore. Every in the league has been great to me and these past two seasons have been something to remember,†HC Sparta Praha forward Teemu Selanne announcing his retirement.

“Can’t imagine playing with a classier guy then Selanne. Never outspoken but always ready to do what it takes to win,†Sparta linemate Andy McDonald.

“He taught me a lot about being a team player both on and off the ice. There was just something about him that made you want to try your hardest and impress him,†Sparta rookie Nail Yakupov.

1337588784990_ORIGINAL.jpg

Brodeur Retires
The future Hall of Famer will soon get his chance to join hockey’s greatest in the Hockey Hall of Fame as Martin Brodeur will be joining teammates Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne in retirement.

“I can no longer put off retirement. It’ll be great to spend time with my family again. Both the Devils and Sparta organization have been great to me and I only hope of the best for both. And I want to thank my teammates as well for a great two seasons here in Prague.†Martin Brodeur at his retirement conference.

“It’s sad to see him go. It was an honour to play with a legend like him, learning from him, and just being around him.†Sparta goalie Tuukka Rask.

“As Marty’s coach nothing pains me more than seeing him go. He’s been of great value to the organization and we wish him the best of luck,†HC Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek.

Other Retirements
Bryan McCabe
Mike Grier

Awards
vezina_trophy1.jpg

Vezina Trophy: Tuukka Rask

WilliamMJenningsTrophy.jpg

William M. Jennings: Tuukka Rask

NHL Draft 2013

11045171-london-ontario-canada--october-28-2011-ryan-rupert-64-of-the-london-knights-carries-the-puck-during-.jpg

2nd Round Pick (57th Overall) From the London Knights, Ryan Rupert
“We feel that Ryan Rupert will bring skill and grit to the centerman position,†HC Sparta Praha GM Maruisz Czerkawski

WilliamCochrane.jpg

5th Round Pick (147th Overall) From the Cape Breton Eagles, William Cochrane
“Our scouts really liked the way he could get back on defense and be effective, while also being able to create scoring opportunites,†HC Sparta Praha Head Coach Dominik Hasek

Rielly3732.jpg

6th Round Pick (177th Overall) From the Moose Jaw Warriors, Morgan Rielly
“Morgan Rielly has all the tools needed to become an impact player on the blueline,†HC Sparta Praha GM Maruisz Czerkawski

AustinFrank.jpg

7th Round Pick (207th Overall) From the Seattle Thunderbirds, Austin Frank
“Austin Frank is a big bodied, strong defenseman which we were quite impressed with,†HC Sparta Praha GM Maruisz Czerkawski

Czerkawski Looking for Answers in Off-Season
While the regular season of HC Sparta Praha was not as good as hoped for, their playoffs were better, making it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Yet they were defeated quite handily by the Stanley Cup champions, the Boston Bruins. It’s up to Maruisz Czerkawski to find the players needed to avoid another embarrassment that was last season.

Re-Signings
Oscar Dansk $0.925M/3 years
Petr Mrazek $0.925M/3 years
Jakub Voracek $5.000M/8 years
Andy McDonald $3.500M/2 years
Tim Erixon $0.925M/3 years
Erik Gudbranson $0.925M/3 years
Sean Couturier $0.925M/3 years
Sven Bartschi $0.925M/3 years
Morgan Rielly $0.870M/3 years
Austin Frank $0.845M/3 years

Free Agent Signings
Dan Ellis $1.365M/1 year
Riley Emmerson $1.140M/2 years
Jerred Smithson $1.220M/1 year
Colton Orr $1.010M/2 years
Martin Skoula $1.355M/1 year
Ethan Bonvie $0.525M/3 years
Roger Milroy $0.525M/3 years

HC Sparta Praha Off-Season Recap
After making it to the Eastern Conference Finals, Sparta General Manager Maruisz Czerkawski was not expected to make big moves in the off-season and he did not. He made sure his core was still intact by re-signing Jakub Voracek to an 8 year deal that pays $5 million per a year. Second line centreman Andy McDonald is looking like he’ll be sticking around for 2 more years after leading the team in points in last years playoffs. Many of the prospects were signed, including recently drafted players Morgan Rielly and Austin Frank.

With Brodeur, Lidstrom, McCabe, Selanne, and Grier all retiring, Czerkawski was left with some holes to fill. To take the back-up position, Czerkawski went out and signed Dan Ellis. Lidstrom’s spot on the first pairing will more than likely be taken by fellow Swede Adam Larsson. The other spots on defense are looking to be taken up by rookies Ryan Ellis and Jared Cown, with Martin Skoula ready to step in in case of injury. Selanne’s spot on the second line is looking to be taken by Jeremy Morin.

It looks as though the team will be going with two scoring lines and two checking lines as Czerkawski signed some big hitters. Emmerson, Smithson, Orr, Thornton will all be looking to make life for the opposing team hell. It doesn’t look like this team will be intimidated anytime soon.

Incoming Trade?
There’s a rumor floating around that Czerkawski is looking to move at least one centre, possibly more if the price is right. This comes as a surprise to many as Czerekawski seemed content with most of his forwards after a good playoff run.

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Bruins sweep New York, wait for winner of Buffalo-Carolina

GYI0063727847_crop_450x500.jpg

Tyler Seguin and Tuukka Rask after the Game 4 win.

Boston has swept fellow original six New York Rangers, moving on to the second round after a masterful performance by Goaltender Tuukka Rask, who only let in 3 goals in the 4 games against New York. Boston GM Mark Mountain said that he "was very proud of tuukka, and that he has come along way from his rehab from a broken leg last year."

Tyler Seguin led the scoring for the Bruins, with 5 goals and 4 assists for 9 points, tied with Micheal Del Zotto for assists, who also had 4 assists, and led the team in goals. Coach Gordon Bombay said that "every one of my players are clicking together and i'm excited for the next round, whoever it is."

Buffalo and Carolina are tied in their series 2-2​

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2012-2013 PRE-SEASON
Senators Line-Up Official
Ottawa announces NHL and AHL rosters for upcoming season

thumb.php

Head coach Paul MacLean finalizes Senators starting roster going into pre-season

With training camp now completed, Senators have officially
announced there rosters which include rookies Jakob Silfverberg
and recently aqquired Mikael Granlund. Hoping for more depth
scoring, head coach Paul MacLean has decided to roll 3 scoring
lines. They are as followed:

OTTAWA SENATORS:
* = rookie

Silfverberg*-Spezza(A)-Gaborik
Michalek-Turris-Landeskog
Granlund*-Vermette-Alfredsson(C)
O'Brien-Konopka-Neil

Stuart-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips(A)-Stralman

Lehner
Bishop

"We have a real good looking team on paper, but that doesn't
mean much. We're expecting hard work from everyone, night in and
out. I believe if we can get that on a consistent basis, we're going
to be a top team this year." - Paul MacLean

250px-Binghamton_Senators.svg.png

Binghamton Senators:

* = rookie

Filatov-Da Costa-Zibanejad
Petersson-Pageau*-Stone
Hoffman-Winchester-Moller
Parrish-Locke-Lessard

Wiercioch-Borowiecki
Lindholm*-Claesson*
Gryba-Godfrey

Torstensson*
McKenna

"We have a lot of talent in this line up, but also a lot of new faces.
We're hoping that some of the veterans down in Bingo will show
some of the younger guys the ropes. We're expecting big things
from this team. For some players, this is the year they have to
show us they are ready to be NHL regulars." - Bryan Murray

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs Update

3063411.bin

The Habs have been eliminated. After sweeping the Panthers in round 1, the Habs found themselves eliminated in 5 games at the hands of the Flyers. The Flyers won the first 3 games and the Habs avoided the embarrassed of a sweep by winning the 4th, but lost game 5 3-2.

Game 1: Flyers (2) @ Habs (1)
Game 2: Flyers (1) @ Habs (0)
Game 3: Habs (0) @ Flyers (3)
Game 4. Habs (3) @ Flyers (2)
Game 5: Flyers (3) @ Habs (2)

Eastern Conference Finals

Washington (2) Vs. Flyers (6)

Western Conference Conference Finals

Los Angeles (1) Vs. Vancouver (3)

NHL Update

The Conference Finals series were short with the Kings and Capitals both winning their series in short ones. The Caps beat the Flyers in a 4 game sweep while the Kings defeated the Canucks in a 5 game series. This means the Stanley Cup Finals will pit the Capitals as the champions of the East and the Kings as the champs of the West.

Stanley Cup Finals

The Capitals are finally champs! After years of playoff disappointment, the Washington Capitals have finally won their first cup in their teams history. The Caps beat the Kings in a six game series, claiming the cup on home ice in the deciding sixth game. The Capitals prevnted LA from winning their second straight cup, which would have been a first since the 97 and 98 Red Wings pulled it off. The Conn Smythe was given to Capitals goalie Tomas Vokun, making it the third time in a row a goalie has claimed the award. The rest of the NHL Awards are listed below.

NHL Awards 2012-2013

Art Ross: Evgeni Malkin
Hart Trophy: Evgeni Malkin
James Norris Trophy: Kristopher Letang
Lady Byng: Simon Gagne
Calder: Evgeny Kuznetsov
Vezina: Carey Price
Jennings: Evgeni Nabakov
Masterston: Johnny Boychuck
Selke: Pavel Datsyuk
Ted Lindsay: Evgeni Malkin
Maurice Richard: Evgeni Malkin

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
2013 ISS Draft Rankings End of Season

iss_55975.jpg

Top 10 North American Skaters
1. Nathan Mackinnon
2. Connor McDavid
3. Trevor Petersen
4. Hunter Shinkaruk
5. Curtis Lazar
6. Ryan Pulock
7. Sean Monhan
8. Anthony Duclair
9. Jordan Subban
10. Tomas Hyka

Top 10 European Skaters
1. Aleksander Barkov
2. Lukas Balmelli
3. Danielle Grassi
4. Viktor Semin
5. Junior Barta
6. Jose Gunderson
7. Sven Andrighetto
8. Sergej Chistov
9. Gustav Possler
10. Ville Pokka

Top 5 Goalies Worldwide
1. Richard Ullberg
2. John Gibson
3. Andreas Horberg
4. Oscar Dansk
5. Phillipe Cadorette

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
2013 NHL Draft

Jones_Seth_2012_U18_USA_14857.jpg

MTL 1/ 23 Seth Jones/Portland Winterhawks/D

"Seth fell way further than we imagined because of some issues with his knee, but we feel like he is worth the pick here. He was considered a top 2 prospect in the draft in September, and we think his natural talent is worth the risk we made."

AdamErne325M-1.jpg

MTL 2/Adam Erne/Quebec Remparts/RW

"Erne was another player who fell because some didn't think he had NHL level mental abilities to make plays on the move, but we saw him a lot during the year and feel he should have been a first round choice. Very happy to get him here."

MJ-Cougs-Skate-228x1038.jpg

MTL 2/Alex Forsberg/Prince George Cougars/C

"Another talented centre prospect. Best player available we figured he will be a good player in the future and worth the pick. He does however need to add some strength to be a legit NHLer."

3693b6524734b57c58203cfa7b25.jpeg

MTL 3/John Gibson/Kington/G

"Good goalie prospect..."

bti16s11.jpg

MTL 4/Chris Carlisle/Oshawa/D

"Adding another defender to the cubord of already very solid defenseman prospects."

39186.jpg

MTL 5/Connor Crisp/Erie/C

Tough player who will battle for the puck, good character kid. A bit of a project though before he can reach the NHL will need to learn a lot.

image.jpg

MTL 6/Darnelle Nurse/Greyhounds/D

"He is six foot five. He is very small though and needs to add a lot of strength before he will be close to NHL ready, still a good prospect."

malettanew1504.jpg

MTL 7/Jordan Maletta/Windsor/C

"Another huge centre with some talent."​

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2012-2013 SEASON (1-0-0)
Kids Step Up Big
Landeskog and Granlund each get 2 points

mikael_granlund_min_071711.jpg

Mikael Granlund had 2 assists in his NHL debut

After a long off-season, Ottawa entered the 2012-2013 season
battling Stanley Cup champions, Florida Panthers in there home
opener. While everyone was expecting a tough battle, 3 players
stepped up in the Senators roster to take control. Those players?
Newly added Gabriel Landeskog (2 goals), rookie Mikael Granlund
(2 assists), and in his official rookie season, goaltender Robin
Lehner (.960 SV%).

"I'd like to congratulate Mikael on a fantastic NHL debut. Coach
Paul MacLean said following Ottawa's 5-1 win. "I'm very happy how
not only he played, but also the entire team. Robin played big for
us in nets, and Landeskog played like a man on a mission. With
goals coming from all top 3 lines, I think this is just a small sample
of things to come this year for us. It's going to be a season to
remember in Ottawa."

Status
Not open for further replies.