NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki

2012-2013 Regular Season Wrap-Up
:wild

After 4 years of missing the playoffs, the Minnesota Wild have finally made it to the playoffs again, with a lot of help coming from their new additions the last season, Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, and also Alex Semin. But the most surprising face this season in the Wild was Rookie Mikael Granlund who put up 27 goals and 74 points in this season, being a Rookie, and in the same time Captain Mikko Koivu had his best season so far with 28 goals and 83 points.

The Wild finished 8th in the West with a 43-34-5 (91p) record and are facing the 1st Seed Calgary Flames (51-24-6, 108p) in the 1st Round.

Wild's lineup heading to Game #1 @ Calgary:

Zach Parise (A) - Mikko Koivu (C) - Mikael Granlund
Dany Heatley - Pierre-Marc Bouchard - Devin Setoguchi
Alexander Semin - Jay Mcclement - Nick Palmieri
Matt Kassian - Kyle Brodziak - Darroll Powe

Tom Gilbert - Ryan Suter (A)
Jim Vandermeer - Kurtis Foster
Marco Scandella - Clayton Stoner

Josh Harding
Jonas Enroth

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Hey Guys, I need some advice on player chemistry and how you put lines together because here is what I always try to do:

PWF - PLY - SNP
PWF - PLY - SNP
TWF - PLY - TWF
TGH - GRD - GRD

OFD - DFD
TWD - TWD
DFD - DFD

Please respond and tell me how you make your line-ups (player types-wise)

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
There is no such thing as player chemistry, at least in the sense of player types, nationalities etc... like you would see in HUT. However, I do believe certain players work better together than others. How you determine this is by trial and error. I don't have any particular way of building my lines, but I try to ensure that I have high athletics, offensive, and defensive players on each line to keep them balanced. On defense, I usually just try to avoid combining similar player types on each pairing.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Hey Guys, I need some advice on player chemistry and how you put lines together because here is what I always try to do:

PWF - PLY - SNP
PWF - PLY - SNP
TWF - PLY - TWF
TGH - GRD - GRD

OFD - DFD
TWD - TWD
DFD - DFD

Please respond and tell me how you make your line-ups (player types-wise)

This one is good
1. Ilya Bryzgalov
2. James Reimer

Kris Letang - Anton Volchenkov
Erik Johnson - Jack Johnson
Matt Greene/Luke Schenn - Fedor Tyutin

Zach Parise - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Scott Hartnell - Stephen Weiss - Kris Versteeg
Frans Nielsen - Paul Gaustad - Cal Clutterbuck
Brandon Prust - Mike Rupp - Nick Johnson

This kind of players.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders close to acquire Green?

Seems like a huge trade may be coming on it's way, because trade talks between New York Islanders and Washington Capitals have taken another turn.

Washington being in cap trouble (mainly due to that Neuvirth came to Isles) they are looking to trade one of their "big-salary" players. Defenseman Mike Green's contract is up after this season and his name has been heard in trade rumors for some time now. And the Islanders are interested.

When you take the fact that Islanders are close to go under the cap floor, the deal may work for both sides. That's the main reason why we think that talks between those two team could be in long.

"No comment at this point. We aren't going to comment about things that aren't sure", stated GM Southfield when asked about possible trade.

Interesting times. Stay tuned.

- MSG Media

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki

2013 Playoffs

:wild
1st Round Exit for the Wild

Although the Wild made the playoffs for the first time with a team that could easily have gotten further in the playoffs, but Wild lost to the 1st Seed Calgary Flames in the first round 4-3, most importantly with their bad 7-0 loss in the deciding Game 7.

Rumours have started to roll about the Possibilty of LW Dany Heatley and Goaltender Josh Harding to be traded, when GM J. Ranged was asked about this, he gave no comment about it, he only said that they are focusing only on the Draft right now.

Wild vs Flames WCQF Scores:
Game #1 @ Calgary: 4-0 (W)
Game #2 @ Calgary: 1-4 (L)
Game #3 vs Calgary: 2-6 (W)
Game #4 vs Calgary: 3-4 (W)
Game #5 @ Calgary: 1-3 (L)
Game #6 vs Calgary: 4-3 (L)
Game #7 @ Calgary: 0-7 (L)

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
There is no such thing as player chemistry, at least in the sense of player types, nationalities etc... like you would see in HUT. However, I do believe certain players work better together than others. How you determine this is by trial and error. I don't have any particular way of building my lines, but I try to ensure that I have high athletics, offensive, and defensive players on each line to keep them balanced. On defense, I usually just try to avoid combining similar player types on each pairing.

Yeah I know about that but like could you name one line that you made that worked well together player-wise?

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
BREAKING: Islanders acquire Green from Washington

New York Islanders have acquired defenseman Mike Green and center Maxim Khudobin from Washington Capitals. To Washington Islanders traded right winger Justin Williams, defenseman Chris Tanev, 1st round pick in 2014 and 4th round pick in 2015.

98394451_display_image.jpg

Mike Green comes to Long Island

"I'm please to announce that we have acquired one of the best offensive defensemen in the game, as Mike Green joins in our club after a trade with Washington", started GM Southfield his conference call, "Mike is heck of a talent. He is a weapon on the point. He can shoot, he can carry the puck, he can make an amazing first pass. He is just smart hockey player. I like him a lot. Multi-talented guy, definitely."

"When the talks started early in the summer already, we knew that we have to give a lot to acquire Mike. Justin Williams is a great guy, a character, speedy winger. Washington was all over him. He was the main piece what they wanted. Chris Tanev then, what a talent and potential in him. Absolutely fantastic guy. When we traded Mark Streit away couple seasons ago, he was the main reason why could made that deal back then. Just an amazing career ahead of him. Two crazy good players to give up", said Southfield about players that he gave.

"When we met with George (McPhee) the situation was clear. He was close to cap, we were close to floor. So that basically means that we are a good trade partners. I expressed him our interest in Mike and George said that he might be available for right price. And since they drafted amazing right-handed d-man Dillon Heatherington in the draft, we had him high in our list, Green came to-be-had player for right price. There are too John Carlson, Karl Alzner, Dmitri Orlov and now Tanev in their defense, which look scarily good. Our relationship with George hasn't never been down. Even when we signed Neuvirth with offer sheet, he told me that he would have done the same thing. This is just business."

"But Mike Green is that kind of generational talent that you can't pass on him, if he can be had. He has tools to make us even better. We are now having Green, Jonathon Blum, Travis Hamonic and Doug Murray as our top-4 in defense. That's one of the best defensemen corps in this league. Period", said GM.

"Then what comes to Khudobin, whom we also acquired. In negotiations, we saw that the deal was never going to get through if we wouldn't give up a first round pick. So, I wanted something back too. Maxim Khudobin is right-handed forward who has potential in him. I like his game and his vision of this game. He was a first round selection back 2012 and he has already be one year in the NA. He has two years in his contract and I think that he could be able to reach NHL-spot in that period of time. Will be a good addition to our AHL-team. And without him being in the deal, it wouldn't had happened", said happy GM about his other acquisition.

"I think we both get better in this deal. This is typical win-win situation. The goal was us to get better with getting salary too and that surely happened. Washington gave salary and didn't lose so much, so this is good. I think we are two best organization in the East, surely we are, when we have been in the East final in two years in a row, so that's wise move between two wise team. I like this trade a lot", ended Southfield his conference.

Mike Green is 27-years old right-handed defenseman, who will be an UFA after this season. Green makes 5.070M in this season. He has scored a goal in two games this season. In last year Green had 7 goals and 28 assists in 82 games. In his whole career, Green has made 94 goals and gave 230 assists in 532 games.

Maxim Khudobin is 19-years old center from Ukraine. He was drafted as 27th overall in 2012 NHL Draft. He made 1 goal and gave 1 assist in 2 games with the Hershey Bears.

- MSG Media

Mhoogasian94123

This one is good
1. Ilya Bryzgalov
2. James Reimer

Kris Letang - Anton Volchenkov
Erik Johnson - Jack Johnson
Matt Greene/Luke Schenn - Fedor Tyutin

Zach Parise - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Scott Hartnell - Stephen Weiss - Kris Versteeg
Frans Nielsen - Paul Gaustad - Cal Clutterbuck
Brandon Prust - Mike Rupp - Nick Johnson

This kind of players.
You could also swap Bryz with C. Price. I've simmed my playoffs and won 6 straight Stanley Cups. Your team is pretty sweet but Price does wonders in my dynasty

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
HC Sparta Praha 2013/2014 Regular Season

Trigger Pulled
The rumor was true, HC Sparta Praha Maruisz Czerkawski has made a trade.

To Florida Panthers: Andy McDonald and 3rd Round Pick 2015

To HC Sparta Praha: Colin Wilson

Opening Day HC Sparta Praha Starting Line-Up

Nail Yakupov – Mike Richards – Jakub Voracek
David Perron – Colin Wilson – Jeremy Morin
Mikael Samuelsson – Eric Christensen – Riley Emmerson
Shawn Thornton – Jerred Smithson – Colton Orr
Ex: Nicklas Hagman and Peter Regin

Adam Larsson – Shea Weber
Scott Hannan – Pavel Kubina
Jared Cowen – Ryan Ellis
Ex: Martin Skoula

Tuukka Rask
Dan Ellis​

All-Star Break Update
At the all-star break HC Sparta Praha is 9th in the Eastern Conference with 55 points and a record of 26-21-3. This is not the way Sparta GM Maruisz Czerkawski wanted the season to start, but lately his team has been pulling together. It’s quite possible that we see Sparta make the playoffs as they did last year, with a huge winning streak after the trade deadline.

HC Sparta Praha Top Five Scorers At All-Star Break
M. Richards 13G 28A 41P
C. Wilson 20G 21A 41P
J. Voracek 18G 17A 35P
D. Perron 11G 22A 33P
N. Yakupov 15G 16A 31P

Trade Deadline Update
Another deadline passed and another quiet deadline for HC Sparta Praha. Once again General Manager Maruisz Czerkawski has decided against making any moves at the deadline. He fielded some offers but none were worth taking.

HC Sparta currently sits at 5th in the Eastern Conference with a record of 36-25-5 for 77 points.

HC Sparta Praha Top Scores at Deadline
C. Wilson 26G 29A 55P
M. Richards 21G 31A 52P
J. Voracek 21G 25A 46P
D. Perron 11G 31A 42P
J. Morin 14G 27A 41P

Tuukka Rask: 35W 25L 2.30 GAA 0.919S% 5SO
Dan Ellis: 1W 0L 1.30 GAA 0.962S% 0SO

Back in at 6th
HC Sparta will be going into the playoffs as the sixth seed to play the Toronto Maple Leafs. Both Sparta and the Maple Leafs were sent out by the Stanley Cup Champions, the Boston Bruins, last playoffs. Both teams will be looking at making long playoff runs this year.

HC Sparta Praha Regular Season Record: 46-31-5 97PTS

HC Sparta Praha Top Scorers
C. Wilson 34G 35A 69P
M. Richards 26G 38A 64P
J. Voracek 27G 32A 59P
J. Morin 17G 38A 55P
D. Perron 16G 39A 55P

Tuukka Rask: 45W 31L 2.29 GAA 0.919 S% 8SO

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
HC Sparta Praha Playoffs 2013/2014

HC Sparta Praha Playoffs Starting Line-Up

Nail Yakupov – Mike Richards – Jakub Voracek
David Perron – Colin Wilson – Jeremy Morin
Mikael Samuelsson – Eric Christensen – Riley Emmerson
Shawn Thornton – Jerred Smithson – Colton Orr
Ex: Nicklas Hagman and Peter Regin

Adam Larsson – Shea Weber
Scott Hannan – Pavel Kubina
Jared Cowen – Ryan Ellis
Ex: Martin Skoula

Tuukka Rask
Dan Ellis

Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals: HC Sparta Praha Versus Toronto Maple Leafs

HC Sparta Praha At Toronto Maple Leafs Game 1
Final Score: 3-2 TOR

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
6:17 SPA C. Orr (1) (J. Smithson, S. Thornton)
10:39 TOR D. Winnik (1) (S. Elliot, K. Ellerby)
11:23 TOR M. Cammalleri (1)
18:29 TOR B. Sutter (1) (F. Sjostrom, K. Versteeg)

Period 3
17:23 SPA S. Thornton (1) (J. Smithson, C. Orr)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 28/31 0.903 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 14/16 0.875 S%

Troubling Start
HC Sparta Praha had the lead then totally lost it as the Toronto Maple Leafs went to town for three goals in the last half of the second period. Luckily the Maple Leafs scoring spree was stopped by the buzzard signalling the end of the 2nd period. Sparta came close with tough guy Shawn Thornton scoring a goal to bring his team within one but none of Sparta’s other lines could do as much damage as the 4th line.

HC Sparta Praha At Toronto Maple Leafs Game 2
Final Score: 4-2 TOR

Period 1
17:11 TOR F. Sjostrom (1) (B. Sutter, K. Versteeg)
17:36 SPA C. Wilson (1) (D. Perron, S. Hannan)

Period 2
4:31 TOR S. Elliot (1) (M. Cammalleri)

Period 3
1:21 TOR M. Carle (1)
18:33 SPA S. Thornton (2) (C. Orr, J. Smithson)
18:51 TOR F. Sjostrom (2)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 23/27 0.852 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 8/10 0.800 S%

Sparta Flustered
It seems nothing can go right for HC Sparta Praha. A pass goes off of a skate and in, the goalie miss plays the puck. Sparta right now is reeling, not knowing what is going on. They have a chance though headed back to Prague to right the wrongs of this series and get their heads back together.

HC Sparta Praha vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Game 3
Final Score: 2-1 OT SPA

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
13:06 TOR K. Versteeg (1) (M. Cammalleri, D. Keith)
18:34 SPA J. Voracek (1) (N. Yakupov, S. Weber)

Period 3
No Scoring

OT1
1:59 S. Thornton (3) (C. Orr, J. Smithson)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 17/18 0.944 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 19/21 0.905 S%

He Does it Again
In games 1 and 2, Shawn Thornton scored the last goals for Sparta in each game and he did it again in game 3. This time though it wasn’t to bring his team within one goal, but to win the game in overtime. This is exactly the type of game Sparta wanted, a close defensive battle where one late goal would win it all.

HC Sparta Praha vs Toronto Maple Leafs Game 4
Final Score: 4-0 SPA

Period 1
11:56 M. Samuelsson (1) (E. Cristensen, S. Hannan)

Period 2
3:31 SPA J. Morin (1) (C. Wilson, D. Perron)

Period 3
10:58 SPA J. Morin (2) (C. Wilson)
13:52 SPA J. Morin (3) (D. Perron, P. Kubina)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 28/28 1.000 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 8/12 0.667 S%

Every Rookie Has Their Moment
And Jeremy Morin just had his. Just as Adam Larsson had his by scoring a Stanley Cup Winning goal in overtime and Nail Yakupov having a two goal game to complete a comeback, Morin will join them with a hat trick to tie up a series. There was just no stopping Morin as he seemed to know exactly where to shoot and skate. And although the Toronto Maple Leafs had lots of shots on Rask, they had no good scoring chances.

HC Sparta Praha At Toronto Maple Leafs Game 5
Final Score: 4-3 SPA

Period 1
0:43 TOR M. Cammalleri (2) (M. Koivu, J. Tootoo)
16:06 SPA M. Richards (1) (J. Voracek)
17:01 TOR M. Koivu (1)
19:45 SPA S. Hannan (1) (E. Christensen)

Period 2
13:33 TOR K. Versteeg (2)
15:53 SPA M. Richards (2) (J. Voracek, S. Hannan)

Period 3
16:44 SPA M. Samuelsson (2)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 19/22 0.864 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 25/29 0.862 S%

Leafs Find Themselves in Trouble
The Toronto Maple Leafs couldn’t distance themselves from HC Sparta Praha in the series and in game 5 and now they find themselves in a position of elimination. It seemed everytime the Maple Leafs scored a goal, Sparta scored right after. Just as it looked like we were headed to overtime once more, the 3rd line of Sparta comes up with an impressive passing play that leads to Mikael Samuelsson scoring the game winning goal.

HC Sparta Praha vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Game 6
Final Score: 2-1 OT SPA

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
19:50 TOR K. Versteeg (3) (A. Burmistrov)

Period 3
19:44 SPA M. Samuelsson (3) (R. Emmerson)

OT1
2:01 SPA J. Voracek (2) (N. Yakupov, M. Richards)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 26/27 0.963 S%
TOR S. Varlamov 21/23 0.913 S%

Czech and Mate!
HC Sparta Praha is moving on to the next round after a dramatic finish to game 6. When regulation time was almost up it looked like we were headed back to Toronto to game 7. Apparently it wasn’t meant to be that way as tough guy Riley Emmerson passed the puck to Mikael Samuelsson, who back handed the puck off of the post and in to tie the game up. The Maple Leafs looked like they were right back into it at the start of overtime but Sparta’s first line ended all hope. You could almost see the goal coming as soon as Richards took the puck off of the half-boards and passed it down to Yakupov who was below the goal line. Yakupov then passed it out front to Jakub Voracek, who out muscled Duncan Keith in front of the net, and sniped a shot up high on Varlamov to end it all. It just seemed in that four game winning streak Sparta just had the determination needed to win the Cup.

VoracekserieswinninggoalversusTML.jpg

Voracek After Scoring Series Winning Goal

“In order to appreciate this win you have to look at the first three games where the 4th line kept us in the series and made it possible for us to end the series here,†HC Sparta Head Coach Dominik Hasek
“This was just a can’t die game for us, we wanted to end it here and we did,†HC Sparta Captain Shea Weber

“Larsson, Richards, and Yakupov did all the work needed for me to score that goal,†Series Winning Goal Scorer Jakub Voracek.

Showdown in the Big Apple
HC Sparta will take on a division rival in the next round, the New York Rangers. With Carey Price in net HC Sparta Praha could find it difficult to score any goals at all. The Rangers will have to find a way to stop Sparta’s 4th line or they could find themselves in deep trouble.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Here is my dynasty. Won 3 stanley cups in a row so far:

Ovechkin-Toews-P.Kane
Ryan-Duchene-Skinner
Clowe-Gaustad-Stewart
Peverley-McClement-Clutterbuck

Doughty-Weber
Karlsson-Schenn
Pietrangelo-Fowler

Price
Rask

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Here is my dynasty. Won 3 stanley cups in a row so far:

Ovechkin-Toews-P.Kane
Ryan-Duchene-Skinner
Clowe-Gaustad-Stewart
Peverley-McClement-Clutterbuck

Doughty-Weber
Karlsson-Schenn
Pietrangelo-Fowler

Price
Rask

:amazed: How did you get all these players and second are you playing with cap?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
:amazed: How did you get all these players and second are you playing with cap?

You caught me, the cap is off haha. Also I basically traded my entire roster and all of my picks to get this team. Just thought I'd try and make a crazy stacked team.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
You could also swap Bryz with C. Price. I've simmed my playoffs and won 6 straight Stanley Cups. Your team is pretty sweet but Price does wonders in my dynasty

I like Bryz very much, so I take it. Price hasn't be a good goalkeeper, when i'm played with Canadiens.

renegado90

May 18, 2012
some weird things in be a Gm mode.

i finished my first year in minnesota and won the cup backed by my norris trophy winner clayton stoner. when it was time to resign him he only asked for $1.5 mil for 1 year and basically so did the rest of my defense.

also in my 2nd year i was offered a trade from buffalo, i would send a 20 goal ahl scorer and the sabres would give me a 4th and their 1st. i accepted the deal, then reading the transaction board, it showed that i traded that player for a 4th and 5TH pick. what a rip-off

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thinking about starting a GM but with me just signing draft players and those on free agency. Hmm.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Not the "Happy Ending" Avs fans wanted​
107975547_crop_650x440.jpg
Matt Duchene after last game of the season loss to Oilers​

After the Trade Deadline, the Avalanche's luck turned for the worse as they went 8-10-1 making their record 34-41-7 good enough for 13th in the West and 28th in the league. Coach Joe Sacco had this to say on the team this year, "Well to start off, I think we could have done better. We had better depth this year that we didn't in past years, but I think our problem was we weren't ready training-wise like others teams especially in net." Colorado's starting Goalie Brian Elliott did not perform to expectations this year posting a .910 Save Percentage and a 2.79 GAA in 43 games.

Besides in net, the team lacked in scoring and points as only 5 players made 20 goal seasons. Matt Duchene lead the team in points with a career year of 79 points (31 goals, 48 assists) while Right Winger Milan Hejduk followed with 76 (30 goals, 46 assists). GM Murray had this to say on what he plans to do with the team next year considering the Avalanche have such a high pick in this year's Draft with the 4th overall pick, "Considering this year's performance and my overall plan for the team I think it's safe to say the team will look a lot different by the time of the Home Opener." The Points, Goals and Assists leaders this year for Colorado are listed below:

Points Leaders:​
Matt Duchene-79
Milan Hejduk-76
Jussi Jokinen-65
Tomas Fleischmann-48
Peter Mueller-45

Goals Leaders:​
Matt Duchene-31
Milan Hejduk-30
Jussi Jokinen-25
Peter Mueller-25
Tomas Fleischmann-21

Assists Leaders:​
Matt Duchene-48
Milan Hejduk-46
Jussi Jokinen-40
Kyle Quincey-37
Paul Stastny-31

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: HC Sparta Praha Versus New York Rangers

HC Sparta Praha vs. New York Rangers Game 1
Final Score: 5-4 OT NYR

Period 1
5:10 NYR D. Penner (5) (C. Larose, J. Woywitka)
11:37 NYR P. Bissonnette (2) (T. Gilbert, T. Gleason)
15:57 SPA S. Thornton (4) (C. Orr, J. Smithson)
17:30 SPA N. Yakupov (1) (M. Richards, J. Voracek)

Period 2
3:07 SPA J. Voracek (3) (D. Perron, A. Larsson)
7:11 NYR A. Vermette (1) (D. Penner, J. Woywitka)

Period 3
1:37 SPA M. Richards (3) (J. Voracek, N. Yakupov)
6:32 NYR A. Vermette (2)

OT1
0:56 NYR A. Vermette (3) (D. Penner, T. Gleason)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 15/20 0.750 S%
NYR C. Price 14/18 0.778 S%

Vermette Too Hot to Handle
Ranger Antoine Vermette had the game of his life by scoring a hat trick and then the game winning goal on the powerplay in overtime. Everytime the puck was on his stick it seemed like he scored. The only downside of this game for the Rangers is Tom Gilbert becoming to injured after fighting Riley Emmerson in overtime. He will still play but he might not be effective as usual. Sparta’s offense seemed to be doing well, especially the first line, but still had a penchant for taking penalties at the worst of times. Sparta will need to force another close game to win.

HC Sparta Praha vs. New York Rangers Game 2
Final Score: 4-1 SPA

Period 1
8:27 SPA M. Richards (4) (A. Larsson)

Period 2
4:36 NYR B. Boyes (7) (B. Richards, T. Gleason)
15:32 SPA D. Perron (1) (M. Richards, J. Voracek)

Period 3
12:51 SPA J. Morin (4) (C. Wilson, N. Yakupov)
19:42 SPA ENG E. Christensen (1) (R. Emmerson, J. Cowen)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 28/29 0.966 S%
NYR C. Price 21/24 0.875 S%

Sticking to the Plan
HC Sparta Praha wanted defense to be more of a factor in their game plan and this time it was. Sparta pounded the New York Rangers and outworked them in front of the net which led to goals by Mike Richards and Jeremy Morin. Once again the Rangers were left wondering how to deal with a Sparta 4th line that ran rampant on the ice, hitting at will. With the series headed back to New York, the Rangers will be looking to take a stranglehold on home ice.

HC Sparta Praha At New York Rangers Game 3
Final Score: 2-0 NYR

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
2:43 NYR B. Boyes (8) (T. Gilbert, T. Gleason)

Period 3
11:56 NYR V. Tikhonov (1) (R. Stoa)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 25/27 0.926 S%
NYR C. Price 14/14 1.000 S%

No Offense
After running all over the New York Rangers in game two, it looked like they didn’t have any offense left for this game. Ranger Brad Boyes kept up his scoring and devastating timing. And there was Carey Price who just stopping and demoralizing HC Sparta Praha at every turn. Although Sparta goalie Tuukka Rask tried to keep his team in the game it was to no avail.

HC Sparta Praha At New York Rangers Game 4
Final Score: 5-4 NYR

Period 1
0:56 SPA J. Voracek (4) (N. Yakupov, S. Weber)
4:33 SPA J. Morin (5) (D. Perron, C. Wilson)

Period 2
5:44 NYR D. Penner (6)
9:25 NYR T. Gleason (2) (N. Kulemin, B. Richards)
11:02 NYR B. Richards (4) (N. Kulemin, B. Boyes)
12:32 NYR C. Larose (3) (T. Gilbert, A. Vermette)

Period 3
1:58 SPA S. Weber (1) (M. Richards)
7:35 NYR A. Nodl (3) (M. Johansson, J. Woywitka)
14:38 SPA M. Samuelsson (4) (J. Voracek, S. Weber)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 26/31 0.836 S%
NYR C. Price 18/22 0.818 S%

2nd Period Killer
HC Sparta Praha was having a great start in the first period. Then the second period came around and the New York Rangers scored four unanswered goals. It killed Sparta’s momentum and they had no response. Sparta tried a comeback in the third period but they were just too far behind. Now they are headed back home to try and stay alive in the series.

HC Sparta Praha vs. New York Rangers Game 5
Final Score: 2-1 OT NYR

Period 1
No Scoring

Period 2
No Scoring

Period 3
1:43 SPA N. Yakupov (2) (M. Richards, S. Weber)
19:44 NYR D. Penner (7) (B. Seabrook, N. Kulemin)

OT1
13:10 B. Richards (5) (B. Boyes)

Goalie Stats
SPA T. Rask 24/26 0.923 S%
NYR C. Price 30/31 0.968 S%

Tried But Died
HC Sparta Praha will be watching the rest of the playoffs at home as they have been eliminated by the New York Rangers. Just when it looked like Nail Yakupov had kept his team from being eliminated, Dustin Penner tipped in a point shot to tie the game up with sixteen seconds remaining. Then on a 5-on-3 powerplay, Brad Richards took a pass from down low and scored five-hole on Tuukka Rask to send his team to the next round.

“We tried and failed. That’s all there is to it. We lost as a team,†a shaken up Sparta Captain Shea Weber.

“We took two unnecessary penalties which put us in a dire situation,†HC Sparta Praha Head Coach Dominik Hasek.

“We have to look at what went wrong and then fix it for next year. We have a young team so we’re growing,†HC Sparta GM Maruisz Czerkawski.

2013/2014 Stanley Cup Champions: :stars

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah I know about that but like could you name one line that you made that worked well together player-wise?

Calder Brooks* - Johnathan Toews - Chris Stewart/Peka Nokelainen*/Whatever**

*Cpu generated players.
**Many other players were put in that position all with the same relative degree of success

It didn't matter who played with Brooks and Toews, but while they were together for three seasons, they accumulated a combined 2 Art Ross, 2 Hart, 2 Lindsay, 1 Rocket Richard, 1 Selke, and 2 Conn Smythe tropies. The third player on that line typically scored 40-50 points less than the dynamic duo. Both Toews and Brooks are playmakers. What mattered most is that both players are capable of producing regardless of who they are playing with and that was the key to their success.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
2014/2015 Off-Season

Sparta GM Let Go
After a disappointing season where HC Sparta Praha GM Maruisz Czerkawski couldn’t get his team into the conference finals, Czerkawski is being let go. This was the end of his three year contract and the owners of HC Sparta Praha chose not to renew it.

“He’s done some great things for this new organization, including winning a Stanley Cup, but we feel that we need someone else to take us to the next level.†HC Sparta Praha Owners at a press conference.

“It saddens me that I’m being let go. I just feel that this team that I put together was ready for the next step. I’ll miss working with Dominik Hasek and the rest of the team.†Maruisz Czerkawski

Next Step
Maruisz Czerkawski has found himself a new job. General Manager of the Colorado Avalanche. He signed the 3 year deal shortly after being let go by HC Sparta Praha.

“We feel Czerkawski can take out team to the next level based on his success with HC Sparta Praha,†Colorado Avalanche owner Kroenke.

“I’m grateful for the chance to help another team. Colorado had a history of winning I’ll be more then glad to bring back,†New Colorado Avalanche GM Maruisz Czerkawski.

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders sign two veterans due to cap issues

New York Islanders have signed George Parros for one year, 1.630M contract and Jose Theodore for one year, 1.705M contract. Both will be carried with the NHL-team.

"We had little troubles to get over the cap floor, so we decided to sign couple players. We know George from last season, he was damn beast, and Jose will be a good mentor for our young goalies. I think this was the option to make us little comfort as cap-wise", explained GM Southfield his signings.

- MSG Media

anatsu

May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders dealing Harding for pick?

New York Islanders may deal Josh Harding for pick, according to our sources. 29-years old goalie has left to be a backup for young goalie Michal Neuvirth as when Neuvirth came in to organization. Islanders signed Jose Theodore couple days ago and now they may have an interesting offer on the table.

Islanders are three millions over cap floor and when Harding makes 2.040M this season, they can deal him.

"Surely there is interest in Josh. We are looking what's on the market and do then what we see as the best option", commented Islanders' GM the situation.

Two biggest suitors for acquiring Harding are believed to be Columbus and Carolina.

- MSG Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad