NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
IMPORT DRAFT SOON

The annual CHL Import Draft is coming up soon. The Drakkar have picks 4 and 10. They seem to be targeting forwards with both picks. "We already know who we're taking, and both are impact guys who should step right in and be our best players." said Patrice Brisebois.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
FIRST SET OF SIGNINGS

It has been announced that the Drakkar have signed Quebec born players Mike Matheson, Danny Biega, and Kevin Roy. "All three of these guys will have a great impact this season and we are excited to have all of them." said assistant coach Fabian Joseph. "I was planning on attending BU, but as soon as I heard that Luc Robitaille is coaching, I talked it over with my agent and we felt this would be a great place to play before I go pro," said Matheson. Biega and Roy weren't available to comment.*Matheson will wear no. 27, Biega no. 5, and Roy no. 15.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton Oilers Win Home Opener 3-0

Everyone in the hockey world was excited for this night. The beginning of the 2011-12 NHL season, and the beginning of a new era. 30 teams from around the league hit the ice to show off their new rosters in action. The league held a fantasy draft during the off-season, allowing each team to completely make over their roster. The Edmonton Oilers started their season of well with a victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Game Recap

It was a low scoring affair Monday night at the Rexall Center in Edmonton, Alberta. At 7:37 into the 1st period, Martin Erat opened the scoring for the Edmonton Oilers, with a fast wrist shot that found the top shelf.

There was no more scoring until the third period, but tensions rose when Oilers captain Sydney Crosby absolutely crushed Pittsburgh's Alex Radoluv, with a highlight reel hit. Also, early in the third period, Oilers defender Derek Morris dropped the gloves with Justin Williams, who had just run over Oilers goalie Ondrej Pavelec.

With five minutes remaining in the third period, Kristian Huselius roofed a backhander on the breakaway to make it 2-0 Edmonton. Three minutes later, Travis Zajac finished things off with an empty net goal.

Ondrej Pavelec stopped all 24 shots he faced, for his first shutout in an Oilers uniform.​

Last edited:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
:sabres
Sabres fire GM Darcy Regier just a week before the 2012 Draft.
Many fans of the Buffalo Sabres was shocked this week as GM Darcy Regier was fired just a week before the 2012 NHL Draft, and was replaced by new GM Dominik Roy. It was a surprise to everyone that Darcy Regier was fire, but when Buffalo's owner was asked about this, he commented that he Darcy Regier had not met the expectations that he had gave to him. When asked about the newly acquired GM D. Roy, he said that he is a very capable GM that he hopes that he will lead Sabres to a Stanley Cup.

The new GM of the Buffalo Sabres (Dominik Roy), did not want to talk to the press after he became the new GM, he said that he has his whole mind on the NHL Draft right now.

And also rumours tell that 24-year old Goaltender Jhonas Enroth has been put to the trading block, but GM Roy didn't want to comment about it.

More to come on the Draft Day!

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
NICHUSKIN, FORSBERG +EICHEL UPDATE

Filip Forsberg and Valeri Nichuskin have been selected by the Drakkar 4th and 10th overall respectively. "We seen both of these guys lots, and we feel like both guys will be high impact players for us." said Patrice Brisebois. Forsberg will wear No. 16 and Nichuskin will wear No. 26.

Eichel Update!
On twitter Jack Eichel confirms that he will be in a Drakkar sweater next season! "@JEichel11: So excited to play with @BCDrakkar next year! Lets get it started #pumped." That can only be good news for the Drakkar as the high profile players keep coming in. "We are very excited about Jack, and we have him penciled in as our third line center right now, but we are trying to balance the lines out. We can't wait to get started in the fall." said Luc Robitaille.

In other news, the Drakkar have signed equipment deals with Bauer, and CCM.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Buffalo Sabres NHL Draft 2012 Report

1st Round:
16th Overall:
D Derrick Pouliot from WHL Portland Winterhawks (6'1", 196lbs)
"Offensive-Minded Defenseman, is a good skater and has a good shot. Good hockey sense and puck control, needs to work on his defensive game."

26th Overall:
G Andrei Vasilevski from MHL Tolpar Ufa (6'3", 205lbs)
"A big goaltender but also fast and agile goaltender and good all-around"

2nd Round:
54th Overall:
D Olli Määttä from OHL London Knights (6'3", 199lbs)
"A late faller in the draft, has decent skating combined with decent shot and defensive abilites, good all-around defenseman."

56th Overall:
RW Colton Sissons from WHL Kelowna Rockets (6'1" , 175lbs)
"Good and a fast skater, has a good shot, but should work on his defense and physical play"

3rd Round:
86th Overall:
C Patrick Walsh from QMJHL Quebec Remparts (6'3", 178lbs)
"A Two-Way Forward with Decent skating and Defensive abilites and powerful, but not really accurate shot."

5th Round:
146th Overall:
RW Tom Wilson from OHL Plymouth Whalers (6'4", 202lbs)
"Decent skater with decent offensive skills, likes to use his size to play physical and to throw big hits."

6th Round:
176th Overall:
D Sergey Namestnikov from MHL (6'1", 198lbs)
"Offensive-Defenseman that has good offensive skills combined with decent defensive skills. No the best skater around though."

7th Round:
206th Overall:
G Joonas Korpisalo from SM-Liiga Jokerit Helsinki (6'3", 170lbs)
"Big goalie with a fast glove, could be more agile though."

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
US PLAYERS CHOOSE BC

US born players Michael Paliotta, Jon Gillies, and Tyler Kelleher have all accepted offers to play for the Drakkar. "All these guys will play pro one day, and we are very proud to have snatched them. The season couldn't start any sooner." said part owner Daniel Briere. No players were available to comment. Paliotta will wear No. 54, Gillies No. 32, and Kelleher No. 63.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
MORE PLAYERS COMMIT +MINOR TRADE

Center Mark Jankowski, goalie Chase Gaudet, and defenceman Ryan Segalla have all committed to BC. "These guys are just gravy to what we already have. We are starting to look like a contender next year." said assistant coach Stéphane Matteau. Jankowski will wear No. 14, Gaudet No. 31 and Segalla No. 22.

The Drakkar have also traded their 2nd 2013 import draft selection and a 4th rounder in the 2014 midget draft to Saint John Sea Dogs for Stephen Anderson, Brock Morrison, and Benjamin Hade. "These are all character guys. Only Anderson as of now is guaranteed a roster spot, but it is looking good for the other two." said coach Luc Robitaille. Anderson is going to wear No. 37, Morrison will wear No. 24, and Hade will wear No. 8.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
DRAKKAR PURSUING BROADHURST?

Rumor has it the Drakkar are attempting to pry center Alex Broadhurst away from going the college route. He is a free agent after being released by the London Knights and the teams across the CHL who seem interested are the Drakkar, Calgary Hitmen, Kitchener Ranger, Moncton Wildcats, Halifax Mooseheads, and Quebec Remparts. GM Patrice Brisebois wasn't available to comment.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Do you guys play with injuries ON? Or it's really that ridiculous how every player get injured at least once in the season so your just turn them off?

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
BROADHURST A DRAKKAR!

It is confirmed via twitter that Alex Broadhurst is the newest member of the BC Drakkar. "@AlBroadhurst: Cant wait til September #baiecomeau #excited" Assistant coach Fabian Joseph adressed the media. "Alex is a great talent, and will be one of our older players. We expect him to center our first line right away and to be one of our best players. We are very excited about him." Alex will wear No. 18 with the Drakkar.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
A FEW MINOR TRADES

The Drakkar have made another couple of moves today. They have sent a first rounder in 2013, and a 9th rounder in 2014, to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan for Mike Lyle, Nick Egan, and Carl Marois "This trade simply just shores up our depth." said GM Patrice Brisebois. Lyle will wear No. 17, Egan No. 2, and Marois No. 20. The next trade, the Drakkar send 2nds in 2013 and 2014 to Gatineau for Anthony Cortese, Robert Pelletier, Zachary Whitlock, and Alex Michaud. "We get some good young players who we think will fit in well with our guys." said coach Luc Robitaille. Cortese will wear No. 13, Pelletier No. 21, Whitlock No. 25, and Michaud No. 35.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
DRAKKAR MAKE FINAL SIGNINGS

With only a few roster spots left, the Drakkar have signed Neil Robinson, Liam Alcalde, Joshua Couturier, and Jonathan Boutin. "Some depth signings incase of injuries. These guys will all stay with the team for the whole year though." said assistant coach Stéphane Matteau. Robinson will wear No. 23, Alcalde No. 91, Couturier No. 3, and Boutin No. 1.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Do you guys play with injuries ON? Or it's really that ridiculous how every player get injured at least once in the season so your just turn them off?

I turned it off after my first season because it started getting ridiculous. On the 1st game of the season my 1st line centre got injured for like 3 months, then injuries kept happening to my star players where my entire 1st forward line, 1st D line and starting goalie were all out at the same time for 2+ months haha

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton Oilers Mid-Season Recap

The 2011-12 season is roughly halfway complete and the Edmonton Oilers sit 6th in the Western Conference. They have a record of 20-11-6, good for 46 points.

Marian Gaborik is having a fantastic season. He is leading the league in goals (31) and is one point behind Henrik Zetterberg for the overall point scoring lead, with 52 points.

One thing the Oilers wish was stronger was the production of winger Evander Kane. He has only put up 13 points in 39 games.

"This whole experience... has been hard on me. I had great chemistry with some of the guys back in Atlanta, and I haven't really found my mojo here yet." - Evander Kane​

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
haha I just traded for 10 first rounders in the same draft

They said it would be a strong draft, so lets hope so...

Actually got them for pretty cheap. A lot of the times it was a 2nd in an upcoming draft and a 4th or something like that

Edit: Make that 15... I dont have any 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, or 5ths for quite some time but have literally half of the first rounders in the upcoming draft and still have all of my first rounders in the following years too

Last edited:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Every time I start a new one I try to play with them on, and every time they get more and more ridiculous. By the 5 game mark I'll have 3 guys out, and I'll continue to have at least 3 guys out for the entire course of the season.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I gotta say... I hope the player potentials are subject to change...

Cause I just had 15 picks (including number 2 overall) and only THREE of the players I drafted have a B potential. The rest are B-...

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
I honestly don't see anything unrealistic whatsoever about injuries. In fact, I've stopped upgrading my medical staff because doing so would result in too few injuries for my team.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Oilers Have Sights Set on Division Title

The 2012 trade deadline has come and gone, and the Oilers made only one trade, but it was a big one.

Edmonton Receives:
D Ryan Suter (87 ovr, C,C,C)
RW Jared Staal (71 ovr, B-,B-,B-)

Colorado Receives:
D Mattias Ohlund (84 ovr, C,C,C-)
LW Karil Kabanov (69 ovr, B,B,B)
2012 1st Round Pick

"It may seem like a lot to give up, but Ryan is definitely worth it. He is fantastic defensively and will help out our blue line a lot." said GM Deku Scrub about the trade. "Karil is a great young prospect, and we wish him the best of luck in Colorado, but we didn't seem him fitting into our lineup anytime soon."

Other trades included Sergei Kostitsyn and Theo Peckham being sent from LA to Pittsburgh in exchange for Anton Stralman, Tyler Bozak, and a 4th round pick.

The Edmonton Oilers have a record of 34-21-7. With 75 points, they are fourth in the Western Conference. Minnesota is one point ahead of them for the Division lead.

:edmonton
Current Lineup

E. Kane (83) - S. Crosby (94) - M. Gaborik (90)
K. Huselius (84) - T. Zajac (85) - E. Cole (84)
R. Smyth (83) - M. Fisher (83) - M. Erat (83)
S. Thornton (80) - Z. Konopka (80) - J. Ward (81)

T. Myers (84) - R. Suter (87)
S. Hannan (83) - N. Lidstrom (88)
N. Nikitin (81) - D. Morris (83)

O. Pavelec (84)
N. Khabibulin (83)

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I gotta say... I hope the player potentials are subject to change...

Cause I just had 15 picks (including number 2 overall) and only THREE of the players I drafted have a B potential. The rest are B-...

How's your scouting? It usually makes a difference.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:edmonton
Edmonton Oilers Clinch Number 1 Playoff Spot

After being in the basement for so many years, with their all-new roster, the Edmonton Oilers are the best team in the Western Conference.

The team finished 46-25-11 for 103 points. The Carolina Hurricanes ran away with the President's Trophy, finishing with a massive 125 points.

Marin Gaborik was the squad's best player all season. He had 43 goals and 49 assists for 92 points. He finished 3rd in league scoring. Captain Sydney Crosby finished 2nd in the team's scoring, with 81 points. Next was Kristian Huselius with 63.

The Edmonton Oilers will be facing the San Jose Sharks in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad