NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Calgary Flames 2014 Offseason Report

After coming so close, and then choking in the Stanley Cup Finals, it was pretty obvious that the Calgary Flames were going to make changes in the offseason. They made two large trades, and made a couple minor signings in free agency.

[FIELDSET="Offseason Trades"]

Philadelphia receives: Miikka Kiprusoff, Alex Tanguay, Roman Horak

Calgary receives: Jakub Voracek
i

Anahiem receives: Scott Hannan

Calgary Receives: Aaron Ekblad
Aaron_Ekblad.jpg
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Free Agent Signings"]
D Reece Scarlett $0.700M for 3 years, 2 way contract
images

G Josh Harding $1.935M for 1 year, 1 way contract
images
[/FIELDSET]

Two rookies, center Raphael Lafontaine, and defender Jonas Brodin will be making the jump to the big leagues this year. Lafontaine will center the team's second line, and Jonas Brodin will play alongside Anton Babchuk on the third defensive pairing, as well as receiving special teams ice time.

:flames
2014-15 Lineup

Mike Cammalleri - Anze Kopitar - Corey Perry
Jakub Voracek - Raphael Lafontaine - Chris Stewart
Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - Blake Comeau
David Moss - Derek Mackenzie - Lee Stempniak

Kevin Shattenkirk - Mark Giordano
Bryan Allen - Dennis Wideman
Anton Babchuk - Jonas Brodin

Jacob Markstrom
Josh Harding​

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
YAKUPOV FRACTURED ANKLE OUT FOR 3 WEEKS

Lydman has returned to the lineup and been placed back on the third pairing along Luca Sbisa. Peter Holland has been called up to play on the 4th line, and McMillan is now a healthy scratch.

'Its very unfortunate to see such a talented player keep going down with minor injuries. Lets hope this is not the start of an injury filled career. Ive thought about sending him to Juniors to allow him to grow more physically, but Getzlaf and Perry are benefiting from his presence so much that I don't think we can afford to.' - Tom Renney

Getzlaf leads his team with 36 points in 29 games followed by Perry with 27 in 29. The top line is fueling the offense of the Ducks as long as Yakupov is in the lineup. Yakupov who has 18 points in 24 games will be missed over the next few weeks.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

New Players Shine In Flames Home Opener

The team may have only played one game so far, but the Calgary Flames staff is looking pretty smart right now.

On Sunday evening, the team kicked off the 2014-15 season with a victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets. Dennis Wideman scored the first goal of the season for the Flames. It was assisted by Chris Stewart and Jakub Voracek, which marked Voracek's first point in a Flames uniform.

Early in the second period, Brandon Dubinsky tied up the score for the Blue Jackets, but a few minutes later, Blake Comeau scored his first goal of the season to regain the lead for the Flames.

The best moment of the night came halfway through the third period, when the Flames were on the powerplay. Rookie forward Raphael Lafontaine tipped in Jakob Voracek's shot to score his first NHL goal in his first NHL game. Rookie defender Jonas Brodin earned the secondary assist on the goal, which was his first NHL point.

The Flames won the game 3-1.
First star: Jacob Markstrom - 28 saves on 29 shots
Second Star: Jakub Voracek - 2 assists
Third Star: Raphael Lafontaine - 1st NHL goal​

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
PYLONS CLAIM HALISCHUK
December 1, 2011

Portland, Oregon - The Portland Pylons claimed winger Matt Halischuk off waivers from Nashville, GM Chibi Pooky announced today. The 23-year old is expected to fill in on the fourth line. Halischuk will earn $.71M this year and next.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Hearing top prospect Jonathan Huberdeau is on the move.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
As per @DarrenDreger, Jonathan Huberdeau has been traded to the Portland Pylons.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
THE DEAL IS HUBER-DONE
December 11, 2011

Portland, Oregon - The Portland Pylons have acquired Jonathan Huberdeau and a fourth-round selection in this year's draft in exchange for veteran center Marty Reasoner. Last year's third overall draft pick will spend the season in juniors. The last-place Pylons have called up enforcer Trevor Gillies from Bridgeport to fill the vacated roster spot.

"Well, it's normally a bit early for me to trade away a valuable veteran like Marty," said Pylons GM Chibi Pooky, "but when Tallon called me with this offer, I couldn't say no. In fact," he joked, "I didn't even double-check to make sure he wasn't kidding. I just put the call in to the league office, and they confirmed it! What seemed odd," he mused, "is that Dale said it was a 'no-brainer' - I agreed!" Pooky continued, "We are thrilled to bring a top prospect into the organization. Jonathan will be a major contributor to the future of the Portland Pylons."

Mhoogasian94123

Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Calgary Flames 2014 Offseason Report

After coming so close, and then choking in the Stanley Cup Finals, it was pretty obvious that the Calgary Flames were going to make changes in the offseason. They made two large trades, and made a couple minor signings in free agency.

[FIELDSET="Offseason Trades"]

Philadelphia receives: Miikka Kiprusoff, Alex Tanguay, Roman Horak

Calgary receives: Jakub Voracek
i

Anahiem receives: Scott Hannan

Calgary Receives: Aaron Ekblad
Aaron_Ekblad.jpg
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Free Agent Signings"]
D Reece Scarlett $0.700M for 3 years, 2 way contract
images

G Josh Harding $1.935M for 1 year, 1 way contract
images
[/FIELDSET]

Two rookies, center Raphael Lafontaine, and defender Jonas Brodin will be making the jump to the big leagues this year. Lafontaine will center the team's second line, and Jonas Brodin will play alongside Anton Babchuk on the third defensive pairing, as well as receiving special teams ice time.

:flames
2014-15 Lineup

Mike Cammalleri - Anze Kopitar - Corey Perry
Jakub Voracek - Raphael Lafontaine - Chris Stewart
Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - Blake Comeau
David Moss - Derek Mackenzie - Lee Stempniak

Kevin Shattenkirk - Mark Giordano
Bryan Allen - Dennis Wideman
Anton Babchuk - Jonas Brodin

Jacob Markstrom
Josh Harding​
How did you steal Ekblad? Was it Hannan for a 1st?

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
GETZLAF AND FOWLER EACH GET ASSIST IN ALL STAR GAME​

This was Cam Fowlers first All Star game, and he managed to pick up a point in a 3-2 loss to the eastern conference all stars. Getzlaf who made his 4th All Star game appearance also grabbed himself a point at the all star break.

As of late the Ducks have been on a 5 game losing streak. Which has them ranked 12th in the west with only 48 points.

'We started the season strong, until we lost Stoll to injury along with Yakupov. But even now that their back and healthy, its like somethings missing.' - Tom Renney

[FIELDSET="STANDINGS"]

EAST

1. CAR - 35W - 13L - 4OTL - 74PTS
2. NYI - 32W - 19L - 6OTL - 70PTS
3. OTT - 31W - 15L - 5OTL - 67PTS
4. WSH - 30W - 9L - 9OTL - 69PTS
5. WIN - 30W - 14L - 5OTL - 65PTS
6. PIT - 30W - 23L - 3OTL - 63PTS
7. BOS - 28W - 21L - 3OTL -59PTS
8. TB - 26W - 16L - 7OTL - 59PTS

WEST

1. VAN - 30W - 16L - 4OTL - 64PTS
2. CBJ - 27W - 23L - 4OTL - 58PTS
3. PHX - 27W - 22L - 1OTL - 55PTS
4. CGY - 27W - 16L - 7OTL - 61PTS
5. MIN - 25W - 20L - 8OTL - 60PTS
6. COL - 27W - 18L - 5OTL - 59PTS
7. EDM - 24W - 18L - 10OTL - 58PTS
8. SJS - 24W - 17L - 7OTL - 55PTS

12. ANA - 22W - 22L - 5OTL - 49PTS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TOP 6 DUCK SCORERS"]
Getzlaf - 49GP - 24G - 30A - 54PTS
Perry - 49GP - 19G - 27A - 46PTS
Jagr - 49GP - 12G - 25A - 37PTS
Fowler - 49GP - 3G - 30A - 33PTS
Berglund - 49GP - 10G - 22A - 32PTS
Yakupov - 37GP - 14G - 12A - 26PTS
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TOP 6 LEAGUE SCORERS"]
PIT - Crosby - 35G - 38A - 73PTS
CAR - E. Staal - 26G - 34A - 60PTS
PIT - Malkin - 26G - 32A - 58PTS
NYI - Tavares - 28G - 28A - 56PTS
TB - Stamkos - 24G - 31A - 55PTS
NYR - Gaborik - 21G - 34A - 55PTS

[/FIELDSET]

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
How did you steal Ekblad? Was it Hannan for a 1st?

I wanted to draft Ekblad, but I couldn't pull off a trade to get the 2nd overall pick. Ekblad is currently at 75 overall with B-,A,B- potential. Scott Hannan is 84 overall but has poor potential. Ekblad's value was surprisingly low, and it was very close to Hannan's so I threw in a fifth round pick and it went through.

Mhoogasian94123

I wanted to draft Ekblad, but I couldn't pull off a trade to get the 2nd overall pick. Ekblad is currently at 75 overall with B-,A,B- potential. Scott Hannan is 84 overall but has poor potential. Ekblad's value was surprisingly low, and it was very close to Hannan's so I threw in a fifth round pick and it went through.
Good job. I have Ekblad on my team and he's awesome. Good luck.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg

YAKUPOV SENT TO JUNIORS

Nail Yakupov after playing 47 games and recording 34 points, general manager Tom Renney decided to send him back to his former team to finish the season and develop his skating. He has the scoring touch and he has the play making touch what he lacks is stability on his skates and physical strength.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I would defiantly do the first and last one.

I'm curious what your roster looks like now.
Your defense and prospects look great.
Offense seems a bit weak and inexperienced though.
I'm excited to follow your Be a GM. Looks promising.
Undergoing a full rebuild. :p

GazetteLogo.jpg

:habs
2012 offseason
June 22nd - NHL awards announced
The NHL awards night was held yesterday in Las Vegas. Here are the winners of these prestigious awards.
Art Ross Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
Hart Memorial Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
James Norris Memorial Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild
Lady Bing Memorial Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings
Calder Memorial Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton Oilers
Conn Smyth Trophy Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators
Vezina Trophy Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators
William M. Jennings Trophy Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators
Bill Masterton Memorial Matt Greene, Los Angeles Kings
Frank J. Selke Trophy Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings
Ted Lindsay Award Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
Rocket Richard Trophy Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs​

June 23rd - Draft day results
Montreal Canadiens' general manager Marc Bergevin convinced the Blue Jackets, who had the second overall pick, to trade their first round pick for the Canadien's own 3rd overall pick and a 3rd rounder in 2015. Blue Jackets' GM explained that although the return seemed low, they lost nothing as they made it clear to were going to draft Quebec Remparts' Mikhail Grigorenko, even if they were to win the lottery. That way, they allow the Habs to get the 2nd selection overall.

The Montreal Canadiens really solidified their backend by selecting Ryan Murray 2nd overall, while adding some other great defensemen from Europe in Pokka and Lindell. Drafting Subban, brother of PK, was a no-brainer for Canadiens' Bergevin : "P.K. will certainly appreciate having his brother on our team. We also think Malcolm has the potential to become a very good goalie in the league, which should help us long term even though we already have Carey."

Here are the players drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

2. Ryan Murray, D
33. Malcolm Subban, G
35. Mark Jankowski, C
60. Ville Pokka, D
62. Yuri Feodorov, RW
63. Matt Murray, G
93. Tim Bozon, LW
153. Esa Lindell, D

June 25th - Resigning the franchise face
G Cedrick Desjardins, D Joe Callahan, F. Bouillon, F. St-Denis, M. Mitera, B. Nash as well as F P. Nokelainen, M. Blunden, D. Massé, A. Conboy and R. Slaney have all been told they wold not receive an offer from the Montreal Canadiens Club.

Defensemen Rafael Diaz and Alexei Emelin, as well as Dmitri Kulikov and PK Subban have all been qualified.

C Andreas Engqvist and C Olivier Fortier both signed 2-years 2-way contracts . LW Brandon Prust also agreed to a 4-year contract extension worth $6M in total. Ryan White signed a 3-year contract who will earn him $850 000 per year.

More importantly, Marc Bergevin announced the long-term signing of the face of their franchise, goaltender Carey Price. "Negociations between his agent and our management team went quite well. Both party wanted a long term deal." Price definitely wanted stability as he plans to buy a new house on the island of Montreal, while Bergevin clearly wanted to lower his cap hit to the maximum possible, and that's what he did. One of the top young goaltenders in the league, Carey Price will earn only $36M over 8 years, which stands for a $4.5M cap hit.

June 26th - Another busy day for Marc Bergevin
The Canadiens announced they sent a qualifying offer to RW Aaron Palushaj and that they signed D Alexei Emelin to a 4-year, $8M contract. LW Travis Moen was told he would not be retained by the team.

Bergevin also announced the signing of D Ryan Murray to his first ELC contract. D Mac Bennett, D Morgan Ellis and RW Patrick Holland were also signed for their ELC contract.

June 27th - Habs ink Kulikov long-term
Bergevin announced today that Dmitri Kulikov accepted a similar contract to the one Carey Price received, which means he will touch $36M during the next 8 years. Aaron Palushaj has also inked a 2 year contract worth $1M per year.

Also, the management team announced they signed D Nathan Beaulieu to an ELC. He and C Jonathan Huberdeau, acquired this year in a trade with the Florida Panthers that sent them Markov notably, were teammates this year with the Saint John Seadogs, who just won their second Memorial Cup in two years.

June 28th - Subban and Habs finally agree on a contract
As the negociations between the team and D Rafael Diaz doesn't seem to go further, GM Marc Bergevin told the medias that he and PK Subban's agent agreed to one of the biggest contract the Montreal Franchise has ever offered to one of their players. Said contract will earn PK Subban over $40M during 8 years.

This has been a great week for Marc Bergevin, who booked most of his young star players to long-term contracts.

July 1st - Winnipeg gets Gomez
Winnipeg Jets were really interested in swiss d-man Rafael Diaz. In order to acquire his rights, they offered a 7th round pick and accepted to take Gomez's contract, which has 2 years remaining with a very high cap hit of $8.1M. Bergevin thinks a change of scenery could help both player and is glad to have 8.1M in cap space to work with during the Free Agency market.

July 4th - Canadiens re-acquire Danny Kristo, signs depth players
Danny Kristo was not retained by the Florida Panthers. Following this Panther's announcement, the Habs sent an ELC offer to Danny Kristo, who accepted it and became a member of the Canadiens once again. He is expected to play with the Bulldogs this year.

RW Patrick Kaleta, who played for Buffalo last year, was also signed to a one-year, $1.3M contract by GM Bergevin.

July 5th - Habs trade Brendan Smith to LA Kings
Marc Bergevin announced that they traded Brendan Smith, who has asked for a trade after not being treated right by the management team and after not being given enough ice time, for young forward prospect Sebastian Collberg, recently drafted 19th overall in the past draft.

He also announced the signing of young swedish free agent, Sebastian Strandberg, a small center who is great in both end of the ice. He was signed to a 3-year ELC worth $800K per year.

Finally, G Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers was offered a 2 year contract by the team, worth $1M per year, to be Price's back-up. Deslauriers was really excited this afternoon when we had the chance to talk to him on the phone. "It's a dream that comes true for me. During my childhood, I was a die-hard Habs fan, and now getting the chance to play with my favourite childhood team is an extraordinary feeling."

September 1st - Analysis of Montreal Canadiens top-10 prospect
The Montreal Canadiens have a very deep pool of prospects following the many trades that occured this past season. Let's take a look at their top-prospects as they stand right now.

1. Jonathan Huberdeau, Center, 19 years old
Acquired last year in a big trade with the Florida Panthers, Huberdeau is certainly the next big player for this franchise. After a tremendous season once in which he improved a lot on offense, Huberdeau has quickly started to get at the top of the NHL's top-prospect list. In their last report, he was even ranked first. Not really physical, Huberdeau remains an offensive dynamo and he should play in the NHL this year.
Projection : 8.5B
Comparison : Claude Giroux

2. Ryan Murray, Defenseman, 18 years old
The first Canadiens' pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, 2nd overall, Ryan Murray was already considered NHL ready and was one of the safest player to draft this year. He has a great leadership and is really good on both end of the ice. He makes awesome passes to his teammates and with his extraordinary skating and great hands, he will make some opponents look completely foolish.
Projection : 8.5C
Comparison : Scott Niedermayer

3. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, 19 years old
Beaulieu has all the tools to become a premier powerplay QB in the future for the Montreal Canadiens. His excellent vision combined with his great shot and skating makes him a very intriguing prospect for the team. He will probably spend the year in Hamilton this year, trying to improve his defensive play, for which he was heavily criticized in the most recent WJC.
Projection : 8.0C
Comparison : Kris Letang

4. Emerson Etem, Right Winger, 20 years old
Etem is an offensive force, recognize for his powerful and precise shot. He also fits in the Canadien's mood of being a quick and agile team as his skating is also excellent.
Projection : 8.0D
Comparison : Evander Kane

5. Devante Smith-Pelly, Left Winger, 20 years old
DSP, as the fans call him, his a tough player to play against. He works hard and skates well, and is really great offensively. He is not afraid of going in front of the net and of throwing the gloves to defend his teammates.
Projection : 7.5B
Comparison : Brad Marchand

6. Sebastian Collberg, Right Winger, 18 years old
This young swedish player is recognized for his lethal wrist shot and his top-end speed. He is quite weak physically, but that's something he can work on. He could end up being an amazing goalscorer one day in the NHL.
Projection : 7.5C
Comparison : Patrick Kane

7. Malcolm Subban, Goaltender, 18 years old
PK's brother has all the tool to become a succesful NHL goalie. He will certainly be helped by Carey Price, as both play really similar style.
Projection : 8.5E
Comparison : Carey Price

8. Peter Holland, Center, 21 years old
This playmaking center his a great offensive player with a great defensive play too. He should be Hamilton's first center this year, which will help a lot for his development.
Comparison : Joe Pavelski

9. Michael Bournival, Left Winger, 20 years old
Acquired two seasons ago for defenseman Ryan O'Byrne, Bournival has only gotten better. A very disciplined player with an above average skating and defensive play, he is mainly recognized for the offense he brings. If he puts it all together, he could end up being a great point producer.
Comparison : PA Parenteau

10. Ville Pokka, Defenseman, 18 years old
Recently drafted by the team, Pokka has done really great last year in the SM-liga as a teenager. Trevor Timmins expect him to come over to America next year, and praises him for his great defensive awereness as well as his good offensive skills and leadership qualities. If everything goes right, the Habs really have a gem here.
Projection : 7.0B
Comparison : Dan Hamhuis

--------------------

Coming next : 2013 top prospects, line-up, pre-season

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So, I started my goal of trying to break Gretzky's point totals, chose to put him on the Leafs cuz they REALLY need a good center!!!:sarcasm: .....and it is going INSANELY better than I could have hoped for!! :handclap::handclap:

here are his stats after ONLY 3 SEASONS!!!!
C Gareth Morrison 6'2" 195 19y.o.
Career Games: 246
Career Goals: 255
Career Points: 782
CAreer Playoff Games: 61
Career Playoff Goals: 57
Career Playoff Points: 156

Like I said, going insanely better than I could have dreamed of!! Won the Cup twice, and he's won the Conn Smythe(x2), Selke(x3), Hart(x3), Art Ross(x3), Lindsay(x3), Lady Byng(x3). Serious honours already lol

Let me know what you guys think so far!!!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
MARA-VELOUS
January 11, 2012

Portland, Oregon - The Portland Pylons have signed veteran defenseman Paul Mara to a contract worth $800k over the remainder of the season. Through his agent, Mara said "I'm really looking forward to this new opportunity with the Pylons. I've been training throughout the season, so I should be able to step into the lineup right away. I definitely feel like I'm in game shape."

Mara will fill in on the blue line due to injuries to Mark Streit and Travis Hamonic. He will likely rotate the rest of the season with veterans Milan Jurcina, Steve Staios, and Mark Eaton. GM Chibi Pooky: "We didn't expect Mark and Hammy [Travis Hamonic] to go down at the same time, and there wasn't much depth at the position to begin with. We think Paul will make a significant impact defensively, as well as being able to impart some wisdom to our younger players."

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
NEW CITY, SAME RESULTS
January 13, 2012

Portland, Oregon - The Portland Pylons moved from Long Island with high hopes. Sitting at 13th in the conference and 28th in the league at the halfway mark, however, those hopes seem like a distant memory.

"We're only 11 points out of the playoffs right now," captain John Tavares says bravely. "We're far from out of it, and I'll never give up on this team." It looks like the Pylons will have to make significant deadline additions to have a shot at the playoffs, despite the confidence of the star center. Portland ranks 22nd in the league in goals per game at 2.55, while giving up more than 3 goals per game, good enough for 25th in the circuit. Many of these woes can be attributed to special teams; the Pylons are 28th in the NHL with 13.6% conversion on the power play, and 24th in the league in penalty killing at 77.5%. Says Tavares, "We have to be better man up, man down, and at even strength. We are more talented than our record." Perhaps his harsh words will awaken his line; Tavares' 1st line is being outscored by the trio of Michael Grabner, Frans Nielsen, and Kyle Okposo. Winger Matt Moulson has contributed 24 points in 42 games and PA Parenteau has pitched in 16 points in 38 games; Tavares himself has only 27 points in 42 games. Parenteau has fewer points than two defensemen, Travis Hamonic and Andy MacDonald, both of whom have more assists than Parenteau has points to date. One thing's for sure: if the Islanders are to sniff the playoffs, the first line must score.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
GROSSMAN POINTE BLANK
January 14, 2012

Portland, Oregon - The Portland Pylons and the Dallas Stars have swapped defensemen. In an effort to infuse youth, the Pylons have acquired Nicklas Grossman from the Dallas Stars. In exchange, the Stars acquire veteran defenseman Mike Mottau as part of a playoff push. "We think this trade benefits both teams," said Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk. "We are looking forward to Nicklas growing with our young team," said Pylons GM Chibi Pooky.

Grossman will slot in on the second pair and penalty kill.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
OKPOSO OUT
January 16, 2012

Portland, Oregon - Kyle Okposo left Monday's game against the Nashville Predators early and did not return. The winger, who leads the team in assists with 22, sustained a sprained MCL, and is not expected to return for at least a month. "Well, obviously any time you lose someone like Kyle it's a big blow," said coach Chibi Pooky. "His line was pretty much driving our offense, too; a lot of guys are going to have to step up."

This late in the season and given Portland's location in the standings, Okposo's injury could signal a deadline sell-off. GM Chibi Pooky had no comment on the matter.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
GRABNER SELECTED TO ALL-STAR TEAM
January 29, 2012

Portland, Oregon - Pylons forward Michael Grabner has been selected to participate in this year's All-Star festivities, the team learned. The winger leads the team in goals (19), assists (tied with 2 others at 22), and points (41). "I'm thrilled to be selected," the winger said. "It's a great honor to play alongside the best in the game."

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
DEADLINE DILEMMA
February 28, 2012

Portland, Oregon - The first-year Portland Pylons will be looking to the future at this year's trade deadline, as the newly-relocated club sits out of playoff contention. "It's been a disappointing season for sure," said team captain John Tavares. "I know we can do better. We're only seven points out of the 8th seed." The Pylons are also only five points out of last place. "There are a lot of holes that need to be addressed," GM Chibi Pooky said. "I'll be working through the deadline, draft, and free agency to make sure we put the best possible team on the ice next year, with an eye toward the playoffs." When asked if coach Chibi Pooky would be returning, he was noncommittal.

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Advance To Stanley Cup Final; Defeat Stars In 6
May 20, 2012

Series breakdown:

Game 1: 2-0 Dallas
Game 2: 4-2 Vancouver
Game 3: 1-0 Dallas
Game 4: 5-3 Vancouver
Game 5: 5-2 Vancouver
Game 6: 2-0 Vancouver

The Canucks move on to face the New York Islanders, led by former Canuck Roberto Luongo, in the Stanley Cup Finals. The projected starting line-ups for game 1, set to go tomorrow night in Long Island, are as follows:

Vancouver Canucks
M. St Louis - S. Crosby - T. Selanne
A. McDonald - N. Backstrom - D. Alfredsson
J. Jagr - S. Koivu - R. Whitney
V. Prospal - M. Cullen - J. Arnott

A. Edler - D. Boyle
K. Timonen - K. Bieksa
S. Gonchar - S. Robidas

M. Brodeur
J. Hedberg

Scratches: R. Smyth, R. Hamrlik, W. Mitchell, F. Kuba, A. Aucoin
Injuries: None

New York Islanders
P. Bouchard - V. Lecavalier - P. Kane
L. Omark - M. Stajan - D. Cleary
M. Darche - Z. Konopka - C. Neil
M. Bergeron - J. Winchester - R. Craig

M. Greene - M. Streit
S. Hannan - M. Zidlicky
K. Johnsson - M. Ohlund

R. Luongo
R. DiPietro

Scratches: M. Jurcina
Injuries: M. Frolik (Lower Body), N. Kulemin (Upper Body)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
:habs The Gazette :habs
Montreal Canadiens Edition

[FIELDSET="2012-13 Montreal Canadiens start of the season line-up"]
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Cam Atkinson
Ryan White - Tomas Plekanec - Erik Cole
Louis Leblanc - Jonathan Huberdeau - Aaron Palushaj
Patrick Kaleta - Brandon Prust - Colby Armstrong

Dmitri Kulikov - PK Subban
Ryan Murray - Josh Gorges
Erik Gudbranson - Alexei Emelin

Carey Price
Jeff Deslauriers​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Friday November 16th 2012 - Losing in the victory"]
Bad news for the Montreal Canadiens. Although they displayed a great performance yesterday against the Winnipeg Jets, scoring 5 goals en route for a shut-out victory, it seems that they have lost the services of goaltender Carey Price for at least 3 months.

Late into the third period, Price suffered a serious knee injury that will require surgery after Jets' defenseman, Dustin Byfuglien, fell on his leg. The brute force of the impact - remember that higher the mass, higher the force - tore 2 ligaments in his left knee.

He needed help from teammates PK Subban and Erik Cole to get back to the locker. Following this injury, the Montreal Canadiens announced the recalled G Peter Budaj from the Hamilton Bulldogs. Deslauriers is expected to be the starter against the Anaheim Ducks Sunday.

The Canadiens (12-6-3) are 4th in the East and will be looking to extend their victory streak to 4 this Sunday.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Tuesday January 29th 2012 - Time for the All-Star Game in Columbus !"]
After their victory over the Ottawa Senators, the Canadiens (25-20-9) will benefit, like pretty much all other team, of a 5-days break as it is the All-Star Week. The All-Star game is set to be played tonight in Columbus.

The only Montreal Canadiens' player to play this game will be Dmitri Kulikov, who has 29 points so far in only 54 games played, as a defenseman.

Here are the provided line-up for tonight's long-waited matchup.

Blue Team (West)
D. Sedin - R. Getzlaf - J. Iginla
D. Heatley - J. Toews - L. Korpikoski
P. Marleau - J. Thornton - A. Kopitar
T. Hall - M. Duchene - J. Benn

K. Shattenkirk - D. Boyle
R. Josi - J. Wisniewski
K. Quincey - L. Sbisa

P. Rinne
J. Halak

Red Team (East)
A. Ovechkin - S. Crosby - M. Gaborik
I. Kovalchuk - S. Stamkos - K. Versteeg
M. Moulson - C. Giroux - D. Stafford
J. Lupul - J. Spezza - N. Backstrom

E. Karlsson - Z. Chara
D. Kulikov - T. Enstrom
P. Martin - J. McBain

M. Fleury
J. Reimer

Habs' next game is set to be played at the Bell Center this Friday, against the Winnipeg. [/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Thursday January 31th 2012 - Price back in training"]
Goaltender Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens has finally stepped on the ice this morning with his teammates. "My knee is recovering quicker than the doctors thought it would and they gave me the authorization to start practicing on ice again", said Price in an interview after the training.

Coach Michel Therrien is relieved about this new, as the Montreal Canadiens are battling for a place in the playoffs. "Carey being back is certainly a moral booster for our team. He will certainly help the team win other games".

Fans will also be extremely relieved about this new as Deslauriers (16 GP, 7 W, 2.69 GAA, 91.22 SV%) and Budaj (19 GP, 6 W, 3.15 GAA, 88.69 SV%) did not really help the team's goal to be back in the playoffs this year.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Friday February 8th 2012 - Price to play against Philadelphia on Monday"]
Almost 3 months after Dustin Byfuglien from the Winnipeg Jets fell on his knee and tore it, Price will finally come back this Monday, against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers have known two hard years in a row, as they are at the bottom of the Eastern Conference so far this year.

This should be a great opportunity for Carey Price to gain some confidence back and prove he is ready to take back his starter role.

On a side-note, Price's comeback forced the Canadiens to put Peter Budaj on the waivers. He was later claimed by the Chicago Blackhawks, who could use him as a backup over Salak for Crawford.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Sunday March 3rd 2012 - Emelin injured"]
Bad news for the Montreal Canadiens, as defenseman Alexei Emelin was injured yesterday. The team's doctor didn't reveal details about the injury, but it seems it could be his knee. However, Emelin is confident he will be back within a few weeks.
To replace Emelin, the Montreal Canadiens recalled from the AHL Jarred Tinordi, a big-body defenseman drafted by the team in 2010.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Wednesday March 6th 2012 - Trade deadline is tomorrow !"]
One of the most waited day in the NHL season by fan is tomorrow, as the trade deadline will take place. The Canadiens are currently 6th in the Eastern Conference with 69 points - the same amount of points as Ottawa, New York Islanders and Buffalo. Boston and Washington are not too far behing with 66 points.

So what will the Canadiens be looking to do tomorrow ? GM Marc Bergevin told us they will look at every option to improve the team in order to make the playoffs this year. In short, it looks like the Canadiens will be buyers this year and not sellers. Bergevin has been really quiet this year, having made no trade so far. Maybe he waited until tomorrow to show his negociation skills ? We'll see.

There are rumors that the Minnesota Wild would be looking to trade Heatley and that the Chicago Blackhawks would like to trade Patrick Sharp. Shane Doan (PHX) and Daniel Briere (PHI) could also be shipped. On defense, Devils could look at options surrounding Anton Volchenkov.

Another potential star that could be trade is Calgary Flames' captain Jarome Iginla. He is expected to become a UFA this next offseason and the Flames could be looking to add some young prospects as they sit amongst the worst teams in the league this year, with only 61 points - the second worst in the WesT -.

Stay tuned for all news surrounding tomorrow ![/fieldset]

So next up : players stats, trade deadline report, last 1/3 of the season, top 2013 prospects

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WHEELING AND DEALING
February 28, 2012

Portland, Oregon - Defenseman Mark Streit has been traded to the Detroit Red Wings, Pylons GM Chibi Pooky announced this afternoon. The 34-year old defenseman was dealt along with Portland's 6th round pick this year, in exchange for Detroit's first-round picks this year and next year, and prospect Tomas Tatar.

"Kenny [Holland] called me with this deal earlier this morning," said Pooky. "I talked to Mark, asked him if he wanted a shot at a Cup. He said yes, so I called back and put it through."

Streit scored the first goal in Pylons history, and his presence on the ice and leadership in the locker room will be missed. "He was like having a second captain," said John Tavares. "[Mark] has helped me so much in developing my game, mentoring me," said Travis Hamonic.

Streit had 4 goals and 23 assists for the Pylons this season, good for 8th on the team. Tatar had 19 goals and 28 assists for Grand Rapids. "I'm looking forward to continuing to develop my game," Tatar said. "I've heard great things about the Bridgeport club." He is expected to provide a much-needed scoring boost, along with great two-way presence, to a Sound Tigers team that is looking forward to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad