NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovatroll*

I gotta say... I hope the player potentials are subject to change...

Cause I just had 15 picks (including number 2 overall) and only THREE of the players I drafted have a B potential. The rest are B-...

As someone else said your own scouting plays apart in which players are highly up on your report, if you only briefly scout certain areas you might have people ranked high that if you went back multiple times or for a long time would be revealed to be weak.

I did the same kind of thing as you before, not nearly as many picks though.
HNI_0003.JPG

I think maybe three of them ever made the team long term but yeah, well how did your pool look before that, do you have a lot of young people on your teams all ready that are good or with high potential?

Also I believe player potential can improve while they are still young.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I always concentrate my scouting on one area (Canada I always find to always be good) so i only scout in whl, ohl, and the Q. I usually scout 5-6 weeks at a time and usually only forwards and defense. So by the end of the season pretty much every player in canada their attributes will be all green except for a few yellows. Pretty much all my first round picks make my nhl team.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
As someone else said your own scouting plays apart in which players are highly up on your report, if you only briefly scout certain areas you might have people ranked high that if you went back multiple times or for a long time would be revealed to be weak.

I did the same kind of thing as you before, not nearly as many picks though.
HNI_0003.JPG

I think maybe three of them ever made the team long term but yeah, well how did your pool look before that, do you have a lot of young people on your teams all ready that are good or with high potential?

Also I believe player potential can improve while they are still young.

I have a really good young team, since I did the fantasy draft, a lot of really good prospects like RNH, Larsson, Huburdeau, Courutier, etc didnt get drafted. I then just signed them all to 6 year deals for like 1 mil per year haha

So I have a lot of really good prospects as is haha, I just was strapped for cap space so I dealt a lot of my assets that I couldnt resign for picks haha

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
What is the biggest sleeper pick you guys have got? I got a LW sniper in the 7th round, A-, B-, B- potential. Name was Ola Sedin I think. After junior and one year in the ahl I brought him up to my nhl team, on my 2nd line and he scored 50 goals his first season haha now he is on my 1st line and consistantly scores 50-60 goals every year.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton Advances to Round 2 of the 2012 Playoffs

502A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_gKF.jpg

Sydney Crosby celebrates scoring in game 7 with teammate Nikita Nikitin.

It was close, but the Oilers got it done against the San Jose Sharks, and defeated them in seven games. Sydney Crosby had two goals and Ondrej Pavelec recorded a 24 save shutout in game seven.

Game 1: 5-2 Win
Game 2: 4-3 Loss
Game 3: 2-1 Loss
Game 4: 4-3 Loss
Game 5: 5-2 Win
Game 6: 4-3 Win
Game 7: 3-0 Win

Coming up next in the Conference Semi Finals:
:edmonton vs. :flames

Note: All games are being simulated.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
NHLERS LOOKING AT BUYING Q TEAM

It has been reported that a group of Maritime and Quebec NHLers have made an offer to buy the money-strapped Val d'Or Foreurs in an attempt to turn the team around. Roberto Luongo, Sidney Crosby, Brad Richards, and Patrice Bergeron have apparently made an offer that current president/owner Robert Turmul cannot resist. Luongo was quoted in an interview that he wants to turn his former team around. "I played here and although it's a small city, the fans are great! This city deserves a team with owners willing to open their pockets." he said in an interview. If these four do indeed buy the Foreurs, it shouldn't take them long to repair the team. "If our purchase is successful, we plan on building from scratch. We intend to let every single player and prospect walk, and sign free agents and build through the draft." said Sidney Crosby in a new conference earlier today. "These four have made quite an inticing offer." said Turmel who was planning to move the team. "I mean I will have to talk it over with the rest of the organization, but there is a very good chance that this team will belong to them as soon as tomorrow." Turmel added.

-May 6th, 2012

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
LUONGO AND CO SUCCESSFULLY PURCHASE FOREURS

It is confirmed that Roberto Luongo, Sidney Crosby, Brad Richards, and Patrice Bergeron have indeed been successful in purchasing Val d'Or's hockey team, the Foreurs. "I played my junior here, and had great success, so I can't wait to start trying to get players to commit and for the draft. Very exciting." said Luongo. "We have had people out scouting midget and junior leagues in Quebec, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, NB, PEI and even in US. We planned this last summer, and as soon as we heard Roberto's old team was moving, all four of us were all for it. We should be making a head coach hire in the very near future. This guy has NHL ties and we can't wait to announce it. We will be starting to interview players very soon." said Bergeron. "We will also be making a GM hire very soon, who is already in the league, but we've talked to him and he intends on coming." said Crosby at the conference. In between now and the draft, Brad Richards says they may contact some free agents and inquire about some players to different teams. "Right now, we are looking to get an idea of how we want our roster to look. Then we will start to pursue free agents, but they won't sign/commit until after the midget and import drafts are completed. We have compiled a list of guys who we want on our team from all over eastern Canada, and some of USA. We can't wait to get things started here in Val d'Or." he said. It has been rumored that they have been in contact with two high profile prospects in Mark Jankowski and Michael Matheson, but this is just rumors as of now. A coaching and GM hire should come soon. Stay tuned.

-May 10th, 2012

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
My line-up for the Leafs before starting my first season

Burrows - Giroux - Kessel
Macarthur - Grabovski - Lupul
Fedotenko - Bozak - Armstrong
Eager- Konopka - Eaves

Phaneuf - Ehrhoff
Schenn - Liles
Gunnarsson - Fraser

Reimer
Osgood

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Halifax knights finish season 50-27-5 for 2nd in the west

the halifax kinghts finished with thier best regular season finish yet!

'i think this is a sign that we are going to do big things in the playoffs this year just like last year" said star goalie henrik lundqvist

there opponent in the first round is the edmonton oilers

halifax beats edmonton in 5

after losing game 1 halifax just dominates edmonton in the 4 games after that to win the series in 5

game 1 2-1 edm
game 2 7-1 hal
game 3 4-3 ot hal
game 4 4-0 hal
game 5 7-1 hal

the knights will face the chicago blackhawks in the 2nd round

hawks defeat the knights in 5

the 8th seeded blackhawks have overcome the knights ending their cup hopes in 5 games

"its not a good feeling " says captain mikko koivu

the knights are in good shape with prospects like nathan beaulieu and sergey dakeev

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Halifax knights finish season 50-27-5 for 2nd in the west

the halifax kinghts finished with thier best regular season finish yet!

'i think this is a sign that we are going to do big things in the playoffs this year just like last year" said star goalie henrik lundqvist

there opponent in the first round is the edmonton oilers

halifax beats edmonton in 5

after losing game 1 halifax just dominates edmonton in the 4 games after that to win the series in 5

game 1 2-1 edm
game 2 7-1 hal
game 3 4-3 ot hal
game 4 4-0 hal
game 5 7-1 hal

the knights will face the chicago blackhawks in the 2nd round

hawks defeat the knights in 5

the 8th seeded blackhawks have overcome the knights ending their cup hopes in 5 games

"its not a good feeling " says captain mikko koivu

the knights are in good shape with prospects like nathan beaulieu and sergey dakeev

Please, learn how to write... :facepalm:

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Just wanna pop in, say everyone's work is a delight to read! I'll be back when NHL 13 arrives :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton's Season Ended by Division Rivals

It was a heart-breaking way for the Oilers' playoff run to end. In front of their home town fans, they lost in overtime to their biggest rivals, the Calgary Flames. The Flames went on to defeat the Florida Panthers in 6 games to win the Stanley Cup.

"I wish it wasn't Calgary that finished us off." GM Deku Scrub told the media, with a chuckle. "But overall, I am extremely proud of what our team has achieved this season. We hadn't even made the playoffs since 2006 with our old roster. But with our new roster we made it to the Conference Semi Finals in just one season. I think we are in a fantastic position going forward."

Game 1: 4-3 Win (2OT, Nikitin scores winner)
Game 2: 3-2 Loss
Game 3: 4-1 Loss
Game 4: 6-3 Loss
Game 5: 4-3 Loss (OT, Malkin scores winner)

Meanwhile, in the AHL playoffs, the Oklahoma City Barons, the Oilers' farm team, made it to the Conference finals before being defeated by the Hamilton bulldogs.

Backup goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin has decided to call it a career. The Oilers draft report will be coming up next.​

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
COACHING HIRE +DRAFT INFO

The Val d'Or Foreurs have announced that Donald Audette is the new head coach. He will bring along with him assistants Vincent Damphousse, Glen Murray, and Bill Guerin. This coaching staff have all been good NHL players and all should be great for player development. "As soon as I heard from Roberto that they were buying the team, I was all for coaching. I can't wait to get things started here." said Audette at the press conference. "I too, am glad I got the oppurtunity, and can't wait to start pursuing players and getting the season started." added Damphousse. "I played with Patrice in Boston, and Bill played with Sidney in Pittsburgh, and we both wanted to get into coaching and when we heard from Donald that he wanted us to help him out, we were very excited," added Murray on behalf of he and Guerin who couldn't attend the conference. Donald's son Daniel, is considered a top prospect for this year's draft. Donald says he is going to stay away from drafting his son, because of the added pressure to him and his son of being a dad, and a coach. "I just feel like that being a dad is one thing, but being a dad and coach wouldn't be good for Daniel and his development." Donald added. The Foreurs currently have 3 first rounders, 7, 9, and 16. They don't have a pick until the third round after that. A rumor is that the Foreurs may offer all of their picks to add a top five pick in the draft, but that will have to wait until their GM is hired, which should be later this week.

-May 14th, 2012

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
GALLANT NEW GM +TRADE ALREADY MADE

Gerard Gallant, formerly of the Saint John Sea Dogs, has stepped down from his coaching role and is the new GM of the Foreurs. "When We had our end of the year meetings, I really wanted to be put in a position where I can be the guy who makes the decisions. With Mike Kelly back in Saint John, I felt the organization didn't need me that much anymore anyways. I'm very excited to be named GM of a team who is turning completely around. I know all the coaches hired and couldn't be happier with our owners decisions. I can't wait to get started, and I've already acquired two top five picks." said Gallant after being interviewed. It has been confirmed that they have made a three way trade with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, and Gatineau Olympiques. They now have picks 3, 4, 16, and 18. "This is a trade obviously for the future, but with the guys we have targeted, they all should step right into the line-up." Gallant added. The new GM has already made a splash, and now he intends on targeting more free agents, and potential trade targets to get the team where it needs to be. A very exciting time for Foreurs fans!

-May 17th, 2012

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Islanders moving Green to SJ?

New York Islanders might be looking a trade to make. Now the trade option could be struggling defenseman Mike Green. Green has only given 5 assists in 25 games what he has played with the Islanders. As offensive defenseman like Green is, that's not so much. Example Jonathon Blum has maiden 4 goals and given 17 assists in Islanders-jersey.

Now there are reported talks between Islanders and San Jose Sharks. Sharks are looking to move forward or two to acquire defenseman. And Islanders are looking forwards. They could be very good traiding partners. Players who has been heard in rumors are Ryan Clowe, Joe Pavelski and also defenseman Jason Demers could be on the move.

Interesting times once again in Long Island.

- MSG Media

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
yes i know it was not very good writing. i was in a rush i will do better next time.

1st of all "I'm so happy, not "i am so happy"
2nd: not write like this "Halifax knights finish season 50-27-5 for 2nd in the west" write like this: "Halifax Knights reached to playoffs and will play in 1st round against Edmonton Oilers "

I'm not sure, does that written correctly? But I hope my advice will help you :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:edmonton
Oilers Accquire Drew Doughty
2012 Offseason Overview

NHL Entry Draft
Note: The Oilers only had three draft picks this year, due to trades.

4th Round Selection: Cody Payne (C TWF, 68 OVR B-,B,C)
5th Round Selection: Kristoff Kontos (C TWF, 69 OVR C,B,C)
7th Round Selection: Pierre-Olivier Morin (LW PLY, 70 OVR, C,C,B-)

Free Agent Signings
C Jarret Stoll (TWF, 83 OVR, C,C,C)
LW Anton Rodin (TWF, 74 OVR, A-,B,B-)
D Jarred Tinordi (DFD, 74 OVR, B-,B,B-)
G Martin Biron (HYB, 83 OVR, C,C-,C-)
G Jordan Binnington (HYB, 70 OVR, B,B-,B)

Trades

Edmonton Receives:
D Drew Doughty (OFD, 88 OVR, B,B,B)

Washington Receives:
LW Ryan Smyth (TWF 83 OVR, D,C-,D)
D Nick Lidstrom (OFD, 88 OVR, D, D-, D)
D Filip Kuba (TWD, 81 OVR, C,C,C-)

doughty400250.jpg

Offensive defenseman Drew Doughty is headed to Edmonton for the 2012-13 season.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
So i decided to a Fantasy Draft with the Boston Bruins, i picked 24th Overall in the 1st Round, and here are all my 32 Picks:
(Also, i'm using a little modified rosters with modified ratings for some players + prospects.)

Round 1. Nicklas Backstrom (F)
Round 2. Patrick Kane
Round 3. Evander Kane
Round 4. Cory Schneider
Round 5. Keith Yandle
Round 6. Adam Larsson
Round 7. Robin Lehnder
Round 8. Mikhail Grabovski
Round 9. Dougie Hamilton
Round 10. Alexandre Burrows
Round 11. Brad Boyes
Round 12. Niklas Kronwall
Round 13. Cody Hodgson
Round 14. Ryan Ellis
Round 15. Jake Allen
Round 16. Fedor Tyutin
Round 17. Jeremy Morin
Round 18. Chris Kreider
Round 19. Dainius Zubrus
Round 20. Ruslan Fedotenko
Round 21. Troy Bodie
Round 22. Nikita Filatov
Round 23. Jonathan Huberdeau
Round 24. Cam Atkinson
Round 25. Nino Niederreiter
Round 26. Joel Armia
Round 27. Ed Jovanovski
Round 28. Tomas Holmstrom
Round 29. Sami Vatanen
Round 30. Vladimir Zharkov
Round 31. Todd Bertuzzi
Round 32. Ryan Parent

And i signed these players so i could fill up my AHL team etc.:

Calvin Pickard, Entry Level Contract, $0.750M per year
Daniel Larsson, 2-year two-way contract, $0.650M per year
Matt Puempel, Entry Level Contract, $0.650M per year
Evgeny Grachev, 2-year two-way contract, $0.675M per year
Tomas Zaborsky, 1-year two-way contract, $0.580M per year
Matt Hunwick, 1-year two-way contract, $0.620M per year
Nikita Nikitin, 1-year two-way contract, $0.590M per year

So, heading to the first game of the season, my line-up looks like this:

E. Kane (83) - N. Backstrom (87) - P. Kane (87)
A. Burrows (83) - M. Grabovski (83) - B. Boyes (83)
R. Fedotenko (81) - C. Hodgson (79) - T. Bertuzzi (83)
T. Holmstrom (81) - D. Zubrus (81) - T. Bodie (78)

N. Kronwall (83) - K. Yandle (84)
F. Tyutin (81) - E. Jovanovski (83)
R. Parent (77) - A. Larsson (80)

C. Schneider (85)
R. Lehner (78)

And here are the Top 5 Prospects in my team's system:

1. Jake Allen (76, A-, B, B)
2. Dougie Hamilton (75, B, B, B)
3. Chris Kreider (74, B, B, B)
4. Jonathan Huberdau (74, B, B, B)
5. Cam Atkinson (74, B, B, B-)

Next update coming at the Trade Deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad