NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:habs

Jacob New Habs GM

Little known manager set to take reigns of prestigious franchise

Little_Jacob_Beta.jpg

New Montreal Canadiens GM, Little Jacob.

When Pierre Gauthier was let go as General Manager in Montreal, the Canadiens fanbase thought Patrick Roy would be the sure-fire replacement. Not anymore. Today, the Canadiens management announced the hiring of Little Jacob, a former member of the Ottawa 67s' management, to be the next GM of the Montreal Canadiens. The move came as a huge shock to everyone in the hockey world. Nobody, except for die-hard 67s fans, know who Jacob is. The fanbase raged at the hiring, setting a picture of Jacob on fire in front of the Bell Centre. "Are they really?" Jacob asked with a chuckle. "Well, I guess that means I'm welcome here. Anyways, I'm honored to be the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens. This organization is prestigious, the history rich, and the fans incredible. I can guarantee a 25th Stanley Cup while I'm here. I cannot wait to get started with this job". The fans cheered after hearing the words.

Jacob was then asked about the most obvious topic: player movement. One press member asked if Jacob was confident with the team's roster. "Yes. This team has loads of talent. Although we are known as being a smaller club, I will address that need over time if I feel it is necessary. As for the talent, we are a playoff team. We have great forwards, with guys like Tomas Plekanec, Erik Cole, Rene Bourque, Max Pacioretty, and so on. The defence is also good, with Andrei Markov and PK Subban leading the way. In goal, Carey Price is a franchise 'tender. We will make the playoffs this season. Book it". Another media member asked whether or not to expect any trades. "No, don't expect big movement, but don't expect no movement at all" was Jacob's reply.

The last question that was directed to Jacob was 'What is your biggest concern going forward?'. "It was finding a francophone coach, but the hiring of Michel Therrien solved that problem. Also, adding francophone talent could be an issue heading forward, but I will do my best at achieving that". Yet another cheer arose from the fans outside of the Bell Centre. "Think they're happy now, just wait 'till Stanley visits" Jacob said. After that, the press conference ended. Speculation immediately arose after Jacob was seen sending a long message on his Blackberry.

All we know for sure, is that the Little Jacob Era has begun.​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton Defeats St Louis in the 2013 Western Conference Quaterfinals

It was another stellar regular season for the Edmonton Oilers, who finished fourth in the Western Conference with 96 points. Their lineup did not change all season besides picking up RW Justin Williams on waivers at the trade deadline. It was an intense first round series against the St Louis Blues, but ultimately the Oilers came out on top in five games.

The three stars of the series were:

First Star - Erik Gudbranson: In five games played, the rookie blueliner scored three goals, three assists, and was +12. Two of his goals came short-handed.
Second Star - Three-way tie between Sidney Crosby, Evander Kane, and Marian Gaborik: Each scored 7 points in five games.
Third Star - Ondrej Pavelec: The Oilers starting netminder had a GAA of 2.13 and a SV% of .926 through five games.

Game 1: 7-2 Win
Game 2: 4-3 OT Loss
Game 3: 4-2 Win
Game 4: 4-2 Win
Game 5: 4-1 Win

Next Round:

:edmonton vs. :hawks

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Is there a way to set the fantasy draft up so that older players such Brodeur, Jagr, Whitney, Lidstrom and Alfredsson aren't available in the very late rounds of your fantasy draft? Everytime I do a fantasy draft in "Be a GM" mode, I end up having ridiculous teams because the computer drafts a bunch of high-potential nobodies over the older All-Stars. I only like playing one season at a time, so I don't plan on simulating through the 2020-2021 season or anything.

I have that problem too, hopefully it gets fixed or whatever in the next game.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
I have that problem too, hopefully it gets fixed or whatever in the next game.

You need to look at it from the other side too, though. If I'm doing a fantasy draft, there is no way I'm going to use one of my early picks to grab someone whos going to retire 1/2/3 years in, and get worse to boot. People like myself who do longer GM modes it helps.

What I really have a problem with is that towards the mid rounds, when nobody really good is left, I start drafting prospects galore, and end up with a stacked team later on.

I guess my main point is if you don't want something like that to happen, then don't let it. I know it might be a bit harder to pass up when you see them still there, but the only person it really effects is yourself.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton's Offense Falls Apart Against Chicago

It was yet another disappointing playoff exit for the Edmonton Oilers. The team was only able to score 4 goals in 4 games, as they got swept by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Game 1: 1-0 Loss
Game 2: 3-2 Loss
Game 3: 4-1 Loss
Game 4: 3-1 Loss

The Colorado Avalanche are the 2012-13 Stanley Cup Champions. Oklahoma City Barons captain Saku Koivu has announced his retirement, along with teammate Toby Petersen, and Oilers grinder Shawn Thornton.

Coming Up Next:
:edmonton 2013 Draft Report

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Who wins? I think it may be an obvious answer, but I just thought i'd ask for opinions. I'm Detroit. We're at the trade deadline.

To NYI: P.Datsyuk (35yo, 7.08x1yr)

To DET: J.Tavares (23yo, 6.205x5yrs), 2014 1st round pick (currently the 4th overall pick)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Who wins? I think it may be an obvious answer, but I just thought i'd ask for opinions. I'm Detroit. We're at the trade deadline.

To NYI: P.Datsyuk (35yo, 7.08x1yr)

To DET: J.Tavares (23yo, 6.205x5yrs), 2014 1st round pick (currently the 4th overall pick)

You definitely won the trade. Datsyuk will be good for a couple more years but Tavares will be great for at least 15 years. And that 1st round pick could turn into a great prospect.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:edmonton
2013 NHL Entry Draft

It was a big day for the Edmonton Oilers at the annual NHL Entry Draft. They were involved in two huge trades including acquiring the 3rd overall pick from Philadelphia.

Edmonton Received: Flyers 2013 1st Round Pick (3rd overall)

Philadelphia Received: Oilers 2013 1st Round Pick (20th overall), Ducks 2013 2nd Round Pick, and RW Eric Cole (85 overall)

"First off... we would like to congratulate the Colorado Avalanche organization on their Stanley Cup victory. Now, without further ado, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select, from Val-d'Or of the QMJHL... Vladislav Shalimov.

SHALIMOVvladislav.jpg

Shalimov is a left wing playmaker, rated 74 overall, with B, A-, B potential.

The other trade the Oilers made on draft day was made in an effort to strengthen the team's offense.

Edmonton Received: RW Jakub Voracek (89 overall)

LA Received: RW Justin Williams (84 overall), Oilers 2013 4th Round Pick, and Oilers 2014 2nd Round Pick.

Here are the rests of the Oilers' draft selections for this year:
2nd Round pick: Mac Nichol, D TWD (69 ovr B-,B-,B)
3rd Round pick: Max Domi, C PLY (73 ovr, B-,B-C)
3rd Round Pick: Manny Nugent-Hopkins, LW SNP (72 ovr, A-,B-,B-)
5th Round Pick: Zach Bell - D DFD (74 ovr, B-,B,B-)
6th round pick: Andreas Horberg - G HYB (71 ovr, C, B-,B)
7th round pick: Ty Bilcke - RW GRN (70 ovr, C,C,B)​

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
You definitely won the trade. Datsyuk will be good for a couple more years but Tavares will be great for at least 15 years. And that 1st round pick could turn into a great prospect.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't saved after I did the trade as I wasn't 100% sure I won, but I saved the day before. I just went back in and tried another trade:

To NYI: Datsyuk, 2017 3rd round pick, 2019 3rd round pick
To DET: Tavares, 2014 1st, 2015 1st, 2016 1st.

I think i'll just keep it at that.

UPDATE: Detroit finished 1st in the league but lost in the CF. The Islanders finished last, but sadly, Columbus steals the 1st overall pick away from us... but, we receive an offer from them:

Columbus - Ian White, 2014 1st (28th ovr)
Detroit - 2014 1st (1st ovr)

Naturally, I said yes, and am now drafting Anthony DeAngelo and Aaron Ekblad. In case you're wondering, both players ARE modified.

Last edited:

bWo*

I am thinking of doing one of these either with :flames or maybe an expansion team. Should i boost the potential of some of the prospects like the one's that went in the top 10 of this years draft. Thoughts?

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I am thinking of doing one of these either with :flames or maybe an expansion team. Should i boost the potential of some of the prospects like the one's that went in the top 10 of this years draft. Thoughts?

If you want realism, yea you should

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:edmonton
Oilers Shake Up Roster for 2013-14 Season

After struggling to score goals last season and playoffs, the Edmonton Oilers made multiple trades this offseason. After acquiring Jakub Voracek at the draft, the organization traded for three more forwards during the offseason.

Trade #1:
Edmonton Received: C Ryan Kesler (88 OVR TWF)

NY Rangers Received: D Scott Hannan (83 OVR DFD), C Travis Zajac (85 OVR PLY)

Trade #2:
Edmonton Received: LW James Neal (88 OVR PWF), RW T. Jackman (81 OVR GRN)

Nashville Received: LW Kristian Huselius (85 OVR PLY), 2019 First Round Pick

Lineup

J. Neal (88) - S. Crosby (94) - M. Gaborik (90)
E. Kane (88) - R. Kesler (88) - J. Voracek (86)
M. Fisher (83) - J. Stoll (83) - M. Erat (84)
J. Ward (82) - Z. Konopka (80) - T. Jackman (81)

T. Myers (87) - D. Doughty (88)
R. Ellis (84) - R. Suter (88)
D. Morris (84) - E. Gudbranson (83)

O. Pavelec (88)
E. Nabokov (85)​

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Simulating as the Habs.. And just got an offer like this from the NJD:

To MTL:

F Zach Parise

To NJD:

F Louis Leblanc
D Yannick Weber

Thank you very much New Jersey..

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
If you sim games without editing the lineup, will the backup goalie every play? Or does the starting goalie never get tired?

Also here's my lineup in the 2014-15 season with the Red Wings (fantasy draft):

Kovalchuk (91) - E. Staal (91) - Ryan (91)
Franzen (85) - Pavelski (85) - Voracek (87)
Yakupuv (83) - Granlund (84) - D. Jaskin (83)
Couturier (82) - RNH (83) - Landeskog (81)
Abdelkader (80)

Doughty (91) - Weber (91)
OEL (87) - Larsson (85)
M. Goncharov (83) - Sbisa (84)

Pavelec (89)
Montoya (82)

So pretty much 4 scoring lines for me this year. I just traded an aging Hossa (90) along with a 2nd rounder to OTT for Ryan (90). Also somehow OEL jumped from 85 to 87 within a few days and we're in the middle of the season. Cap space is tight right now. Haven't won a cup yet.

Last edited:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2013-2014 SEASON (32-13-4)
All-Star Update
Senators in 3-way tie for 1st place in the NHL
ArgGxr3CMAEJ1oK1.jpeg

After what many expected as an intense fight to get into the
playoffs, has been quite the opposite. Blazing out the gate, Ottawa
started the season with a 12-0 record, which had very much to do
with one man; Goaltender Robin Lehner. During that span (in which
he started all 12 games), Lehner posted a 1.28 GAA and .964 SV%.

"The guys in front of me played incredible, and I was just able to
get into a grove." Lehner stated. "With so many shut down guys
in front of me like Chris (Phillips), Seth (Jones), Jared (Cowen) and
Niklas (Kronwall), they were able to do an amazing job at clearing
the front of the net and letting me see every shot."

Now three months later, Ottawa has continued there strong play,
and are in the 3-way tie for 1st in the NHL with New Jersey and
Nashville.

1-asg-sniper.jpg

Ottawa forward, and NHL All-Star Marian Gaborik celebrates after a goal

Rewarded for there strong play, 3 Senators have been voted in as
starters for the annual NHL All-Star game:

Forward Marian Gaborik (49gp: 26G, 35A - 61 PTS) will be playing
along side superstars Ilya Kovalchuck and Evgeni Malkin. "It's going
to be fun playing with these guys, I just hope I can keep up
*laughs*"

Defenseman Erik Karlsson (49gp: 8G, 24A - 32 PTS) will make his
second All-Star apperance. He also has first line duties, and will
paired with Andrei Markov. "He's an amazing player, and I really
think I can learn some things, even it its just for two days."

Robin Lehner (29-12, 2.03 GAA, .925 SV%, 6 SO) managed to steal
the starting roll in nets, thanks to his amazing sophomore season.
He's fifth in save percentage, third in goals against average and
first in wins. "It's been an incredible season, and an amazing
experience so far. There's no way I could be standing here if it
wasn't for my teammates back in Ottawa. I owe them everything."

With just 33 games left in the season, Ottawa hopes they can
keep up the pace and possibly steal the presidents trophy. Only
time will tell, but either way, it's been one heck of a season so far.

AHL Notes:
- RW Nicklas Jensen was picked up off waviers from Vancouver and
has been placed on the 2nd line with Moller and Noesen. In 5
games he has 4 points (2G, 2A).
- Binghamton has a record of 24-13-5, good for 4 in the East, and
5th in the AHL.
- Goaltender Charlie Torstensson is forth in wins (18) and seventh
in both GAA and SV% (.919 and 2.31).
- Both RW Mark Stone and D Hampus Lindholm have had good
seasons. Stone is leading the team in points with 37 in 42 games
(15G, 22A). Lindholm has 29 points in that same span (5G, 24A).

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
Rumor: Boyle wants to end his career with Lightning?

There are strong rumors whirling around the league that defenseman Dan Boyle would like to end his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning, where he played his best years.

"We have read those rumors too and talk with Dan. We are searching always what is right for our team and organization. We want to win and we want to build", told GM Southfield for MSG-media.

It's rumored that there are indeed talks going between Tampa and Islanders about Boyle and his career. But nothing serious at this point, though. We'll see what happens, if happens at all.

- MSG Media

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2013-2014 SEASON (45-15-5)
2014 NHL Trade Deadline
Senators continue to dominate, take lone spot as #1 in the NHL.

6723347497_4d7459fcd8.jpg

Forward Joe Vitale is Ottawa's only addition to there roster made at the deadline

While many expected Ottawa to come into the the deadline as
buyers, they came in with a different mind set. Now stockpiled with
prospects, Senators decided to trade one and make room in there
NHL roster for another.

Ottawa packaged rookie Andre Petersson, along with puck-moving
defensmen Anton Stralman and a mid round pick for a 1st round
pick from Nashville (originally Colorado's).

They also packaged two late round picks in next years draft to
Pittsburgh for center Joe Vitale. Vitale is believed to take
Petersson's spot on the 4th line.

With an opening on the 3rd D pairing, Ottawa is hoping prospect
Patrick Weircoich will be able to fill the void.

"We feel Patrick is NHL ready, and played a huge roll in making this
deal. He looked really good in Binghamton, and hope he can take
the next step." Murray said.

"We're sad to see some guys go, but we feel as its the best move
for us going forward. Vitale will bring more of a veteran presence
for our young team."

--------------------------------------------

TRADES:

To :nashville
- D Anton Stralman
- RW Andre Petersson
- 2014 3rd Round Pick

To :sens
- 2014 1st Round Pick [via Colorado]

To :pens
- 2015 4th Round Pick
- 2015 5th Round Pick

To :sens
- C Joe Vitale

"Today, I felt like we really made some nice moves. We had been
doing extremely well, and didn't want to mess with things to much.
We wanted to make sure to get something for players who we may
not have room for, rather then losing them to UFA/RFA status. We
also got a 1st round pick, which we were missing from this up
coming draft. It may not go down as a biggest deadline day in
Senators, but it's one in which we are proud of." - Bryan Murray

GatoradeG*

Sigh, I haven't made one of these in a while and I accidentally saved the pos online roster after I moved all the free agents from this year -.-
Once I finish that ima prolly make one. Which team I have no idea.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
:bruins

The Bruins have signed General Manager Branden Cordeiro to a 3 year contract Friday night after Peter Chiarelli re-signed due to family reasons on Thursday. "We are not going to change that much" said Cordeiro said at the press conference introducing him. Cordeiro is a hometown product and was an intern for the Bruins between 2004 and 2007. He has a master degree from Northeasern University in sports management and served as a General Manager for the Seattle Thunderbirds the last couple of years. "[Cordeiro] knows what's at stake in Boston, this is his dream job." Bruins VP Cam Neely said . Neely is rumored to have turn down the GM Job and recommended Cordeiro's hiring. "He knows what it's like to be a hockey fan in this town." said Jeremy Jacobs. The Bruins have had a quiet offseason so far while Philly has signed Shea Weber to a offer sheet and Buffalo has added much needed grit. "We will be a little busy" Cordeiro admitted. ESPN has reported that the Bruins were interested in trading for Rick Nash, and Bobby Ryan but they thought the price was too high. "I'll let you know that one of those two guys we AREN'T paying the price on." Cordeiro admitted. It shall be interesting now in Boston.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Sigh, I haven't made one of these in a while and I accidentally saved the pos online roster after I moved all the free agents from this year -.-
Once I finish that ima prolly make one. Which team I have no idea.

Do the Flyers, with a signed Weber and a Pronger Comeback. Would be pretty beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad