News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Imo the ducks arent given any credit for their performance so far, its being overshadowed by Chicagos. 1 gm less played and the only difference is in 1 W and 2 regulation losses for Ducks vs 2 OT losses for Chicago.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
The difference is Anaheim is 4-1 in shootouts. and chicago is 2-3 with a 13-0-3 record meaning that they haven't been bested in the actual game of hockey in any form except for the skills competition.

Ducks are getting credit but Chicago is deservedly making the headlines.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
"What are the chances that DiPietro trips over the waiver wire and injures himself again?"

From Deadspin comment, I take no credit but I did to a spit take when I read it. :handclap:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Didn't they say it was head related when he first went down?

Ya I would assume this means DiPetro is getting bought out.

I hope for their sake Wang actually uses the compliance buyout, instead of just doing a normal buyout and having him on the cap for twenty years to hit the floor.

Interesting how people said DiPietro looked despondent on the bench last night. Maybe he knew that start was 'it' for him on Long Island.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope for their sake Wang actually uses the compliance buyout, instead of just doing a normal buyout and having him on the cap for twenty years to hit the floor.

Interesting how people said DiPietro looked despondent on the bench last night. Maybe he knew that start was 'it' for him on Long Island.

He looked like he was crying on the bench in Ottawa the other night. After they pulled him for the extra attacker. He gave up a crap rebound too that caused that goal.

It's hard to tell behind the mask though if he was really crying or not. Maybe not actually crying, but he definitely looked very distraught and emotional behind that mask.

MountainGoat

This isn't that far off from what happens in real life with Datsyuk.
6LvfP99.gif
that's awesome

if Wang is really looking to sell you'd think it would hurt the value of the team if they use the normal buy-out... I mean 20 ****ing years of dead cap space

personally I don't think Wang will ever sell, he's just too greedy, he'll never get the offer he wants

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I do think it's a possibility Wang sells now that the team's tethered to Long Island (though they are moving from Nassau to Brooklyn) and has some re-sale value. He only hung in there for that long losing millions cause he's a local guy and didn't want to see the team move off of Long Island.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
The difference is Anaheim is 4-1 in shootouts. and chicago is 2-3 with a 13-0-3 record meaning that they haven't been bested in the actual game of hockey in any form except for the skills competition.

Ducks are getting credit but Chicago is deservedly making the headlines.

No shootouts in the playoffs. They won't make it far.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No shootouts in the playoffs. They won't make it far.

This sounds familiar :sarcasm:

Also here is Bryz's thoughts on the Russian Meter "Probably every day, our atmosphere was penetrated with the smaller size of the meteors, and (they) just burned high in the atmosphere. This is a much bigger size, but that big that struck the earth like … back in the days, like when the dinosaurs was destroyed. On one thing it's very interesting. On the other hand, it's dangerous. And you know we can't protect ourselves from the space danger.

I think we've gotta like be thankful, and be happy, and enjoy every day our life with our relatives, our wives, kids, and enjoy our work every day."

Last edited:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This sounds familiar :sarcasm:

Also here is Bryz's thoughts on the Russian Meter "Probably every day, our atmosphere was penetrated with the smaller size of the meteors, and (they) just burned high in the atmosphere. This is a much bigger size, but that big that struck the earth like … back in the days, like when the dinosaurs was destroyed. On one thing it's very interesting. On the other hand, it's dangerous. And you know we can't protect ourselves from the space danger.

I think we've gotta like be thankful, and be happy, and enjoy every day our life with our relatives, our wives, kids, and enjoy our work every day."

Haha I'm assuming you made this? If you did it might be better than my Tallinder mockery of the all in the family theme song!:laugh:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall looks like an inbred Justin Bieber.

He could probably play Justin Bieber in a hill have eyes spoof.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
Didn't they say it was head related when he first went down?

Ya I would assume this means DiPetro is getting bought out.

They should do the compliance buyout in the summer but I don't think the Islanders would be able afford that.

Snow should do a lopsided trade sending DiPietro with a young player like Niederreiter and a draft pick to a deep pocketed team that isn't planning on using their buyout. Then the receiving team will buy out DiPietro and get an asset and a pick for the money.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Total logjam at the top of the standings in the East right now. Two points separate first place (24) and 7th place (22). No room for NJ to lose games right now.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Erik Karlsson about Cooke in a Swedish interview:

- I do not think he's trying to step on my Achilles tendon consciously, I refuse to believe that, but it was a situation that could have been avoided and it would not have occurred if it had been another player.

- He has been after me since I started in this league. I knew exactly who I had behind me and he knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to hit me hard in a situation where it is not needed, it definitely was not trying to play hockey. Too bad there is such a player in the NHL.

He remains cold to the attempted apology that Cooke sent via SMS.
- No, I have nothing to say to him. It wasn't not a real apology anyway.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Total logjam at the top of the standings in the East right now. Two points separate first place (24) and 7th place (22). No room for NJ to lose games right now.

We're still 7 points ahead of 9th though. We just can't afford to piss points away to garbage teams like Winnipeg. Or Washington either with the way their season is going.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Erik Karlsson about Cooke in a Swedish interview:

Cooke will never get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this and he has nobody to blame but himself for that. He never really made any effort to change like he always said he would and now another talented player has been severely hurt because of his carelessness.

I really hope Karlsson makes as quick and full recovery as possible. Come back even better than you were before and make the Pens regret having Cooke on their squad, Karlsson.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
We're still 7 points ahead of 9th though. We just can't afford to piss points away to garbage teams like Winnipeg. Or Washington either with the way their season is going.

True, but I want to set my expectations a little higher than just making the playoffs this year. The team totally proved me wrong last year about what they could accomplish, and they've even shown this year that they can succeed without Parise. Gotta go for a Cup before Marty retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad