News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
this schedule is crazy, Boston has only played 14 games while many teams have already played 18 games in the East and Philly already has 19. 4-5 games is a big gap with this average of 3 games every 5 days.

that's some ******** scheduling

and to think jacobs' team gets a sweetheart schedule the first 2 months and he was all for the lockout.

apice3*

I'd rather play more games early. You get the injuries out of the way in February. Boston has an extra 4 games to play between now and the playoffs. That means a very packed March/April. They're going to get banged up and run out of gas right before the playoffs start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well one of Boston's games was snowed under so it should be 15. This happens every year where a couple teams have a disproportionate # of games compared to everyone else. It was always a running gag that the Rangers would get more early season games to pad their point total.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd rather play more games early. You get the injuries out of the way in February. Boston has an extra 4 games to play between now and the playoffs. That means a very packed March/April. They're going to get banged up and run out of gas right before the playoffs start.

Normally I'd agree but this year with the lockout I think it's better to ease back into the flow before you get crushed with the back to backs. And Boston will probably have enough of a playoff cushion that they can afford to rest guys later.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Just heard about DiPietro going on waivers. Sucks for the guy, he was actually a decent goaltender before all those injuries hit him. Somehow always stepped up his game whenever he played us.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Normally I'd agree but this year with the lockout I think it's better to ease back into the flow before you get crushed with the back to backs. And Boston will probably have enough of a playoff cushion that they can afford to rest guys later.

i was looking at their schedule, and boston barely has any back 2 back games compared to some other teams. 7 in total. they only have 5 remaining.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
a lot of people would say the same about Lou, concerning his ‘outdated’ ‘post-lockout’ mentalities. fan’s perception of upper management should be taken with a basketball sized rock of salt.

Lou did modernize a little with DeBoer as opposed to recycling another trap coach.

And Burke won a Cup post-lockout so I don't know how outdated he is. He did get lucky with Nieds and Pronger but built a solid group of forwards there nonetheless. Toronto finally looks like they've improved with his talent this year.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

I still prefer this

and what do you know, it's spot on fast and accurate.

wheel_zpsb77b5331.jpg

Last edited:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DiPietro news and Bleedred isn't saying anything? :sarcasm:

At least we only have to play the Isles once more this season. What they're probably gonna do I'm assuming is send him to Bridgeport. Then they bring up another goalie. Probably that blimp Nilsson that gave us all kind of problems last year. Maybe Poulin though cause he's seemed to have been up more.

I guess this puts the odds of DP being bought out this Summer very high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad