News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2016-17 Edition PART I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I live here and won't plunk down $100+ to go to a game where I won't be able to see a goddamned thing. Winter Classic= overrated non event.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The older I get the more I dream of a world we wear less suits and more sweatpants. lol

Kids where I live (including my own) pretty much live in soccer sweatpants and pullover long or short sleeve shirts. Star Trek's most accurate prediction of the future was the clothes.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Let's also not forget that that time Kane got drunk and physically assaulted a cab driver. So, the statement of him being an idiot in his youth is still an accurate one.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Everybody makes stupid mistakes, at least he didn't put his hands on a woman like half of the NFL draft did.

Personally, I would put beating the **** out of a cabbie because he didn't have change in a realm above "stupid mistakes", but he does deserve a chance to change his ways.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I imagine most of 'em are rocking the 99¢ flip-flops as well.

Unfortunately, no cheap flip-flops. They wear mostly sneakers that cost a lot and fall apart in 4 months. They're still pretty young though (10-12) - maybe the flip-flop thing comes later?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I guess the question for each person to consider is, if a fight club breaks out on a plane, do you want to be in sweatpants and a t-shirt or in a suit?

Although I tend to wear jeans, just because I want the thickest material possible between me and those nasty seats.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Sweetener has been scooped up by Rockford of the AHL, Chicago's affiliate.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I still think you should at least wear a suit with or without a tie.

The lowest anyone should go is a polo with khakis.

It doesn't matter what brand you wear (PSA: no one cares), as long as you didn't look like you got up from being hung over and brushed your teeth to mask the alcohol smell, you're good to go.

The whole let's adopt whatever silicon valley does is hilarious. This whole carbon copy thing is kind of stultifying after a point.

I'm waiting for them to okay body odor since there's a few computer science individuals who don't shower.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
The Rockford IceHogs Just Got a Whole Lot Sweeter!

Coming out of my hiatus for my favorite HFIsles joke.

Good for Colliton!

Hope everyone's doing well. Sorry I haven't been posting much this year. I still hate Josh Bailey.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
I still think you should at least wear a suit with or without a tie.

The lowest anyone should go is a polo with khakis.

It doesn't matter what brand you wear (PSA: no one cares), as long as you didn't look like you got up from being hung over and brushed your teeth to mask the alcohol smell, you're good to go.

The whole let's adopt whatever silicon valley does is hilarious. This whole carbon copy thing is kind of stultifying after a point.

I'm waiting for them to okay body odor since there's a few computer science individuals who don't shower.

Are you talking about going to work? Or traveling? When I travel, it's almost 100% of the time in Roots sweats and a hoodie. I'm traveling for pleasure and have nobody to impress on the plane :laugh: - but comfort is absolutely paramount, especially on a 3+ hour flight when my 6'4" frame already barely fits in most airline seats.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Are you talking about going to work? Or traveling? When I travel, it's almost 100% of the time in Roots sweats and a hoodie. I'm traveling for pleasure and have nobody to impress on the plane :laugh: - but comfort is absolutely paramount, especially on a 3+ hour flight when my 6'4" frame already barely fits in most airline seats.

I agree. This isn't about copying someone. This is about comfort while traveling. I guess as you get older you get to a point in your life where you realize that impressing people is vain and meaningless. Being comfortable is more important.

Kane impressed with his actions, it's only the truly vain that would criticize how he's dressed. Those people can't be impressed and are never happy anyway. Their posts are clear in that regard.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Since we're not just Isles fans but also hockey fans, though we could discuss the Oilers a bit.

Rumor is that McDavid might get 13.25 AAV million across 8 years.

For argument sake, let's just assume Draisaitl gets 8 million per in his new contract (could see him anywhere from 7.5-9 million.)

Also for argument's sake, let's say the cap rises to 80 million next offseason.

Summer of 2018, Edmonton will be looking at their players under contract as the following:

McDavid- 13.25M
Draisaitl- 8M
RNH- 6M
Lucic- 6M
Pouliot- 4M
Puljujarvi- 3.425M
Kassian- 1.95M

Sekera- 5.5M
Klefbom- 4.167M
Larsson- 4.167
Russell- 4M
Gryba- .9M

Talbot- 4.167

RFA: Strome, Nurse, Slepyshev, Benning, Caggiula, Pakarinen, Brossoit
UFA: Maroon, Letestu,

That will leave about 14.5 mil in cap space for a backup goalie, re-signing Benning and Nurse, and re-signing those forwards I mentioned (they'll need 6-7 more signed.) All of those guys would get raises most likely if retained, some significant (Nurse, Letestu, Maroon.)

Then the following year, Pouliot, Gryba, Talbot come off the books (9.1 mil.) Talbot if he has another stellar year will get 6-7 million easily as an impendign UFA< and Puljuarvi (depending how he progresses,) could be due a massive raise.)

My questions is, will they be able to maintain a good enough supporting cast aroudn McDavid and Drai given the massive cap% they'll take up (and bad contracts like RNH, Lucic, Sekera.)

Even though Oilers fans can be unbearble, I'd like to see them and McDavid hoist the cup sometime soon (and any team can be a threat witht hat 1-2 punch at forward and a top goalie.)

Hawks and Pens have done it with incredible player development and definitely some luck having 2 guys tak eup so much of the cap. Will Chiarelli be able to fall in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad