News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2016-17 Edition PART I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
We all know Gudas is a POS. He takes it to another level today. He punches/close lines his Flyers teammate and Captain Giroux pretty damn hard in the world championships. LoL. This guy is such a dirt bag.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
just sickening, nothing would make me happier than if it is unseasonably warm and they are going to have to call the game, not that I think it has happened before or even could happen especially since they are able to have these things in a warm weather place

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
The announcement was just made official. Rangers vs sabres at Citi Field for the winter classic. So silly....

The NHL really needs to explain how the hell this makes sense. I'm also surprised the Wilpon's agreed to it since they seem much closer to the Isles.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
The NHL really needs to explain how the hell this makes sense. I'm also surprised the Wilpon's agreed to it since they seem much closer to the Isles.

all about ratings, Sabres are a much better draw than the Islanders, and I am pretty sure the Wilpons arent that close to the Islanders and are only interested in the payday they are getting

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I'm annoyed the Rangers will likely be the visiting team, unless that's been announced already and my assumption is wrong.

Yeah, that's really crappy that the NHL does that. Rangers are clearly the "home" team but the NHL doesn't call it as such. Allows the rangers to not lose a home date and maintain the revenue. It really screws the other team.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
pretty positive they will be, doesn't the garden have a clause where they have to play all 41 home games there?

I am fairly certain the Owner of the Rangers can make a deal with the owner of MSG to get out of that for 1 game

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It should be noted Bishop was traded to Dallas. If they can sign him I do think that increases the value for Halak if the Islander choose to trade him. I never felt Dallas would be a likely destination for Halak but if they can sign Bishop I do think that opens up a spot on some teams who I thought might have interest in Bishop

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
The announcement was just made official. Rangers vs sabres at Citi Field for the winter classic. So silly....

Personally, I could care less if we ever play in another one of these outdoor things. Like everything else that's initially cool(MLB interleague play, an occasional NFL saturday game) they ruined it by immediately beating it to death for the $$$. The novelty is definitely gone for me.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Personally, I could care less if we ever play in another one of these outdoor things. Like everything else that's initially cool(MLB interleague play, an occasional NFL saturday game) they ruined it by immediately beating it to death for the $$$. The novelty is definitely gone for me.

Your rant reminds me about the opening scene in Baseketball

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I am predicting the NHL is going to throw us and the Devils a bone and try and appease us and there is going to be a "Stadium Classic" or whatever it is called between us and the Devils at Citi Field on January 3rd or whatever

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
No offense, but I don't understand why anyone cares about not being in another stadium series/ Winter Classic.

That match up is awful and makes no sense? Why not do NYR vs CHI or NYR vs WAS?

Obviously, I'd prefer it to be NYR vs NYI, but we had a garbage season, so I'm not surprised we lost out on this one.

But, BUF vs NYR, doesn't sound like a worthy showing.

Other than that, who cares. The Winter Classic has lost the shiny luster it used to have. Having crappy teams play in it just further dilutes the value.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
No offense, but I don't understand why anyone cares about not being in another stadium series/ Winter Classic.

Obviously, I'd prefer it to be NYR vs NYI, but we had a garbage season, so I'm not surprised we lost out on this one.

Other than that, who cares. The Winter Classic has lost the shiny luster it used to have. Having crappy teams play in it just further dilutes the value.
What dilutes the value of the Winter Classic is having other Stdium Series games the same year as well. To ensure the value of the Winter Classic and make it the mid-season centerpiece it should be (the ASG is not it) do away with all the other outdoor games.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
What dilutes the value of the Winter Classic is having other Stdium Series games the same year as well. To ensure the value of the Winter Classic and make it the mid-season centerpiece it should be (the ASG is not it) do away with all the other outdoor games.

I agree with this 100%. The other outdoor games flood the market and made the winter classic not so special. It was no longer unique. Now there's multiple outdoor games per year. The need to figure out how to make it interesting again. Get rid of the other outdoor games. Maybe have it be a rematch if the previous seasons Stanley cup finalists, that might be cool.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Again, I haven't read anything official because I've been quite busy recently, but if the Rangers are the visiting team for this than I care. IT's an unfair advantage they have by having more home games than their opponents. Same thing happened against the Islanders and Devils, but at least those two teams are within the same region. Having the Sabres be the home team when they're 10 hours or whatever away from the location and the Rangers are 30 minutes away, that's lunacy.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Again, I haven't read anything official because I've been quite busy recently, but if the Rangers are the visiting team for this than I care. IT's an unfair advantage they have by having more home games than their opponents. Same thing happened against the Islanders and Devils, but at least those two teams are within the same region. Having the Sabres be the home team when they're 10 hours or whatever away from the location and the Rangers are 30 minutes away, that's lunacy.

Yeah but the Rangers suck at home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad