News and Notes Thread VII: Ch ch ch changes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil58*

In that case, I don't disagree with your point, but JVR is locked up for 4 more years at a very attractive 4.25M cap hit. That's very attractive.

Perhaps they want a 60 point scorer at the age of 20 that will make around 2.5M max until he becomes an RFA?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Perhaps they want a 60 point scorer at the age of 20 that will make around 2.5M max until he becomes an RFA?

If pick becomes a 60 point scorer at 20 he'll be making far more than 2.5M a year. Probably more than 4.5M a year. You can't just sign players off ELCs with that production for nothing.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010

BG: This draft seems very 2006ish to me. I don't know why so many teams are so hellbent on going after number one. Good players, but not a true top guy.

DarrenDreger
Teams arriving on the Draft floor and heavy speculation on the Canucks shifting focus in quest to acquire 1st pick overall.

Because those are the only conditions under which a team would bother to trade the 1st overall.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
So, when asked of who of the new GMs will have the hardest time, RF was picked to most likely miss the playoffs. McDavid to Carolina 2015

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well these are teams that are picking around us, and as of today we don't look any better than we did last season. No reason yet to assume we'll be better than anyone. We've picked 6th and 7th deservedly, after trading the year before (8th?). We'd like to think were better than Calgary but we'll have to go actually do it. I'm not sure we're better than Vancouver yet, we should be but agains have to earn. The off season is young of course, a lot of time for positive additions, but as of today...

We are not a good hockey team.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Well these are teams that are picking around us, and as of today we don't look any better than we did last season. No reason yet to assume we'll be better than anyone. We've picked 6th and 7th deservedly, after trading the year before (8th?). We'd like to think were better than Calgary but we'll have to go actually do it. I'm not sure we're better than Vancouver yet, we should be but agains have to earn. The off season is young of course, a lot of time for positive additions, but as of today...

We are not a good hockey team.

Eric Staal's knee works. So that's an improvement.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Let's be honest. Canes need to have a lot of things come together to be better. Semin, Staal, Staal, Skinner, Faulk, Sekera all have to have good seasons. Goalies have to play well and stay healthy. And they can't get into any long losing funks.

Is it possible? sure it is, but there isn't a lot of margin for error.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco 1m
#Canes with free agency looming, Francis said they are looking to improve the fourth line and add defensive depth.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 35s
Francis again says Canes won't use buyout.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 44s
Francis says Malhotra, Bellemore and Peters will go into free agency.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
What does he think the third line is then?

We have a perfectly good 4th line in house with McGinn-Nash-Dwyer.

What we need is a two-way 3RW with size and hands to play with Gerbe and Lokti (should we retain him). Kulemin or Setoguchi would be perfect here for that.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 8s
Francis says Malhotra, Bellemore and Peters will go into free agency.

Bellemore better be brought back, dammit.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I guess if we aren't keeping Bellemore, Murphy will crack the squad. That would seem to be an indicator of that.

Sekera-Faulk
Hainsey-Liles
UFA/Harrison-Murphy

Hornswaggle

Mar 21, 2013
Raleigh
Maybe Bellemore was asking for a bit more than he was worth. Maybe he'll test free agency and take a low ball offer later. It would be too bad to lose a player who worked his way up through the system but it's not like he isnt easily replaceable as a 3rd pairing dman.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 37s
Francis said the "plan" was to go into next season with Khudobin, Ward as the Canes' two goalies.

Really no reason not to trade Cam for a bag of pucks and bring Peters back. Peters was much better last year and costs like 20% as much, at the absolute most.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 1m
Francis said the "plan" was to go into next season with Khudobin, Ward as the Canes' two goalies.

No takers I guess. At least he's not doing everything to offload Ward.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 1m

No takers I guess. At least he's not doing everything to offload Ward.

Sounds like it. It really would open up so many doors if they could move him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad