News and Notes Thread VII: Ch ch ch changes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You shouldn't let anyone use your phone late at night. Only a matter of time before you give it to the wrong person and have the police come knocking at your door because your phone was used in something illegal.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Florida sucks, first overall to Toronto.

JVR + to Florida could be a pretty solid move for the Panthers. Especially if it only involves moving down. He's well worth the difference.

Source:

MikeKellyNHL
Hearing Panthers seriously considering an offer from the Maple Leafs for the #1 overall pick. JVR centerpiece with others going to FLA

bluedevil58*

Columbus gave away Nikitin for a 5th round pick. That could have been our 2nd-3rd pairing d man......

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not sure what the leafs are up to there if it's true. I think they were on the right course under Burke, ever since they lost that game to the bruins they've seemed a bit disoriented. Breaking it all down now does not really compute. Ekblad ain't a game changer. He's years away from being a top pairing guy, no?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 4m
Maloney said this move was purely about behavioral issues and not cost-saving move. Ribeiro has been seeking help this summer, Maloney said.

Insight on Ribeiro.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Columbus gave away Nikitin for a 5th round pick. That could have been our 2nd-3rd pairing d man......

And sign him for what the Oilers did? Even if you consider the Edmonton premium, he's not worth it.

BG: This draft seems very 2006ish to me. I don't know why so many teams are so hellbent on going after number one. Good players, but not a true top guy.

DarrenDreger
Teams arriving on the Draft floor and heavy speculation on the Canucks shifting focus in quest to acquire 1st pick overall.

Unfortunate about Ribeiro. At least he hasn't bitten anyone yet.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
That's interesting. I guess we 'll hear what kind of help. If its substance abuse he'd be protected by the league, wouldn't he? Not sure I get the rules on all that. Obviously he isn't under any protection if this is gong through.

bluedevil58*

And sign him for what the Oilers did? Even if you consider the Edmonton premium, he's not worth it.

BG: This draft seems very 2006ish to me. I don't know why so many teams are so hellbent on going after number one. Good players, but not a true top guy.

DarrenDreger
Teams arriving on the Draft floor and heavy speculation on the Canucks shifting focus in quest to acquire 1st pick overall.

Unfortunate about Ribeiro. At least he hasn't bitten anyone yet.

it's because the salary cap. You need up and coming talent that can produce and yet remain const effective while young in order to win on a yearly basis.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
it's because the salary cap. You need up and coming talent that can produce and yet remain const effective while young in order to win on a yearly basis.
i agree, but what does this have to do with nikita nikitin (who is already 28 and was a pending UFA) making 4.5m per year? that seems to be the opposite of cost effective.

edit: NM i think you were responding to his point about first overall

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The only positive of that I guess is that he only hurts them for two years, and helps keep them cap floor compliant in the meantime. If he doesn't help them any.

bluedevil58*

i agree, but what does this have to do with nikita nikitin (who is already 28 and was a pending UFA) making 4.5m per year? that seems to be the opposite of cost effective.

That comment was about Toronto wanting the 1st round overall pick. Not Nikitin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad