News and Notes Thread VII: Ch ch ch changes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd do it for:

Jones + Wilson + (11th or Forsberg)

Sounds about right for #1 C. Blue chip prospect, red chip prospect, and a top-6 forward.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Lol! Really you all think that an hypothetical EStall trade would land us only #11 wilson and ekholm??? Jesus....

Everyone has given different options so "you all" doesn't really apply. When you're moving a 9 million dollar player you can't expect all you want. We've said Josi over ekholm, and forsberg over Wilson.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I'd do somersaults if we got Seth Jones on this team. He is my favorite. Throw in Wilson and 11 and I don't say no.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Everyone has given different options so "you all" doesn't really apply. When you're moving a 9 million dollar player you can't expect all you want. We've said Josi over ekholm, and forsberg over Wilson.

Clearly everyone has his opinions, but we are trading a #1 center, should i say the franchise center and captain of the team for that package??? Wilson? Ekholm?? C'mon :)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'd love jones. And you'd think sometching would have to give on the back end for them, but I just can't see them giving him up!

Yeah I'd take that too. If we own what we are and say we're ready for a new direction, that's the starting point right there. Build around d, goaltending and well rounded offense and in a couple of years we can be ....Nashville! :)

At least we'd be a playoff threat yearly.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd do somersaults if we got Seth Jones on this team. He is my favorite. Throw in Wilson and 11 and I don't say no.

Yeah, Jones is great.

Thinking about it more I might even do it for just:

Jones +Wilson + Stalberg

I like Wilson over Forsberg.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sure, but that offer scared the hell out of me :laugh:

Luckily we aren't in charge of anything.

As for talking about jones. If we got jones he would likely be the central piece and I doubt we'd also get a first and a good player. Maybe jones and a pick. He's potentially the dman of his time which is why they aren't gonna trade him for staal in the first place, and if they did why they aren't gonna throw in much more. Hard to argue really.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I actually don't think that's too terrible a return for a guy that was on his way out anyway. Bonino's a good 2nd line center (or will be), Sbisa's still got something to prove, and the 1st rounder is a 1st rounder. Obviously not what it would've been two years ago, but quite frankly Kesler isn't what he was two years ago.

Solid move for both teams.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Bonino is a very good player who outscored Kesler on his own last season, is younger, and makes less money.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Vancouver do pretty well, not sure they'd have been better off with other possible pieces other than the ten spot. Wonder what the St. Louis offer is though. Maybe we'll see with spezza.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
@DarrenDreger 1m
Told the Coyotes are strongly considering buying out Mike Ribeiro. The veteran forward is under contract through 2016-2017. Not official.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
While I'm fully aware Kesler isn't the 40 goal, Selke caliber center he used to be anymore, I'm still shocked he couldn't yield the 10th.

Also, Ribeiro is probably the only person on the planet, I wouldn't let use my phone if he knocked on my door late at nite. Dude gives me the free willies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad