OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The only problem with “the 5” is that it’s always packed with traffic. In the off chance you’re on the 5 when there’s no traffic then yeah you can fly but some of the worst traffic I’ve ever sat in was in southern CA. Southern CA is when I finally made the switch from manual to auto because sitting in traffic with a stick shift is the worst.
Ah, I live in Northern CA. Where the 5 is a barren stretch of concrete from Sacto to the mountains above LA. Once you go up and over the mountains, then all bets are off

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
A couple summers ago I drove the 5 from SD to Sacramento and the stretch in the middle, Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, etc, is literally Thunderdome. I drive fast in general, I have no problem doing 90 when traffic allows. The cars there on that stretch were tailgating me while doing 80 and flashing their high beams to get me to pull over, or they would pass around on the right side. Then there are the 18 wheelers strugling to go 60 which creates this inchworm slowdown that makes people go insane. Traffic was dense, but everyone wanted to go 90+. Cars on the right would pull up and close the gaps so that the cars on the left couldn't cut them off to pass cars on the left. Cars on the left would also pull up and close the gap so that no one could pull in front of them. It was the craziest, mass road rage induced scene I've ever seen and it was 5 hours straight like this.

I love CA freeways when traffic is moving because it moves fast, but that stretch of the 5 is insane. I take 99 now when I head North.
Yep. That’s the road. You need to hit it at the correct times (early/middle of the day), and it just ROLLS. Fast as f***. Be sure to have wiper fluid ready though, as the dead bugs amassing on the windshield is hard to deal with.

99 is far simpler. And slower. If you want to get to LA in under 5.5hrs from SF, gotta take the Grapevine.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’m the same….10 over usually unless I need to get on it…..very cognizant of that 80 mph mark…..I use my cruise almost everywhere now…..to reduce temptation.
I just drove through VA to get to my vacation spot. 75 was my limit. Ever since my brother in law got locked up doing 81 on 95 trying to make my wedding 20 years ago this year, geez I’ve been married 20 years, I don’t go over 80 in VA. Same with PA.

In other news…

Listening to Galdi’s pod today, and seeing this, maybe Redskins could make a come back. Galdi played a bunch of clips team officials, like RR, Wright and ownership, using Redskins a lot. RR commented on KD being at practices and described KD as a Redskins/Commanders fan. Shit, who here ever thought the little guy would voluntarily sell the team? Anything is possible.

• Love
Reactions: Ridley Simon

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ah, I live in Northern CA. Where the 5 is a barren stretch of concrete from Sacto to the mountains above LA. Once you go up and over the mountains, then all bets are off
Was going to say, I did the drive from Oregon to San Francisco a few years ago and right after you get out of the Oregon/Shasta mountain stretch of things, it's suddenly just this massive open stretch of straight, ridiculous highway.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Am I the only one who thinks Ron sounds more energetic and excited?

Apparently Jay Gruden compared Cincinnati to DC. Their owner is heavily involved but he is in every meeting, he's watching film, he's getting the same scouting info. He's involved but he's informed. Apparently when Jay was here Danbag was just as heavily involved but didn't attend a single meeting and had no information.

It's gotta be a massive weight off everyone's necks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Has there ever really been a HC that had drafting power that was any good? I'm struggling to recall any.

Belichick.

So as long as you're maybe the best coach ever with an all-time QB it's workable!

Reid is another really great coach who had some severe blind spots as de facto GM in Philly. I don't know what the arrangement in KC is now.

Otherwise, never in the modern game? I think.

Reactions: usiel

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Am I the only one who thinks Ron sounds more energetic and excited?

Apparently Jay Gruden compared Cincinnati to DC. Their owner is heavily involved but he is in every meeting, he's watching film, he's getting the same scouting info. He's involved but he's informed. Apparently when Jay was here Danbag was just as heavily involved but didn't attend a single meeting and had no information.

It's gotta be a massive weight off everyone's necks.

I was going to comment that RR looks -happy- to be rid of Danbag. How could he not? NFL HC jobs are precious and few and highly competitive. He kinda had to take the job when Dan hired him, but he has to be relieved x a million that he's rid of that putrid little troll, just like every single fan is.

In some sense, Dan Snyder united every single Redskins fan on the planet... against him, and for Josh Harris. That's tough to do, make it unanimous.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Wasn’t Jamin Davis driving behind Everett when he got in that wreck and killed that girl? Then gets caught going over 100+ in a 45? I’d throw the book at him, what a dumb f***

Its actually worse than it looks. Here's Jamin Davis timeline:

Dec 19, 2021 - Davis gets a reckless driving charge for doing 89 in a 65, gets the charge reduced to a speeding infraction.

FOUR DAYS LATER, Davis was driving just ahead of Deshazor Everett when he kills his GF driving too fast and rolling his car. They had been out together, so they were obviously friends.

March 28, 2022 (barely over 3 months later), Davis gets popped for his 114 in a 45 zone and now faces more jail time than Everett got for killing someone. Everett got 3 months house arrest plus some stupid other stuff, but no actual jail time.

THREE f***ING MONTHS after his friend killed his own GF driving like a nut, Davis says "Hold my beer" and tries to top that.

The Redskins should just cut his ass right now. He's not just stupid, he's criminally dangerous and doesn't learn a damn thing from his own history.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Has there ever really been a HC that had drafting power that was any good? I'm struggling to recall any.
Parcells….Jimmy Johnson. Pete Carroll is close (he has a GM, but I think Pete calls the shots)

That guy Belichick ain’t bad.
Andy Reid is close as well. More or less calls the shots.

Its actually worse than it looks. Here's Jamin Davis timeline:

Dec 19, 2021 - Davis gets a reckless driving charge for doing 89 in a 65, gets the charge reduced to a speeding infraction.

FOUR DAYS LATER, Davis was driving just ahead of Deshazor Everett when he kills his GF driving too fast and rolling his car. They had been out together, so they were obviously friends.

March 28, 2022 (barely over 3 months later), Davis gets popped for his 114 in a 45 zone and now faces more jail time than Everett got for killing someone. Everett got 3 months house arrest plus some stupid other stuff, but no actual jail time.

THREE f***ING MONTHS after his friend killed his own GF driving like a nut, Davis says "Hold my beer" and tries to top that.

The Redskins should just cut his ass right now. He's not just stupid, he's criminally dangerous and doesn't learn a damn thing from his own history.
I feel like you are holding back a little here … tell us how you really feel?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Parcells….Jimmy Johnson. Pete Carroll is close (he has a GM, but I think Pete calls the shots)

Andy Reid and Bill Belicek make the debate about "great coach vs great QB" interesting. Neither ever won shit without a HOF MVP passer. There's a handful of other similar examples. You even name two, JJ and PC.

Its why Joe Gibbs was the greatest NFL head coach ever!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Pete Carroll has wonder boy Jon Schneider as his GM. Scot mccloughan was his understudy.

Belicheck (while trading down a ton) might have the worst track record of any team with 1st and 2nd round picks.

----------

I think weve actually drafted really well under RR and done well in FA. Players we missed were still good reasoning picks imo -- IOL in middle rounds. FA we found some reliable good value buys. Will Jackson miss hurts.
-----

Best GM right now, hands down ... that f***er from Philly. Players just fall to them, everything 50/50 just falls in their favor. Their roster is ridiculous .. thank goodness Hurts is fools gold (imo).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Carroll IMO is another who is an argument against the Coach/GM combo. I don't think he's dont a good job overall.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
114 mph in a 45 mph zone… struggling to come up with the words. Idiotic, selfish, and lucky all come to mind. At 114 mph your organs have a good shot of liquidating on impact if you got into a head-on collision. If you hit someone walking or on a bike they’re instantly dead and likely being mopped up off the highway.

Thanks for that visual.

I'm gonna go have lunch now. :D

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hope you had a good lunch RALPH

RR said Jamin needs our support during his tough times. Me? Have fun in jail. Reckless in VA = FAFO.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It’s also funny because he was a reach first round hand picked Rivera guy for his military and hard working background lol
He’s not so much of a reach anymore. Or at least based on how he played the 2nd half of the season last year.

Alex Smith had the best, winning record, of any Redskins QB under Dan Snyder's entire tenure, until his leg exploded into a million pieces. That was bad luck, not a bad trade.
Not sure if you are serious. 16/13 TD/INT in 16 starts was fantastic. He was Trent Dilfer 2.0 during his time in DC. He played not to lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad