OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I commend you sir. You couldn’t pay me to sit outside at training camp in this weather. I am not a dude built for the heat.
It was way too hot and the seats you got from the gold membership were at the middle of the bleachers, no canopy at all. Baking hot waiting for autographs. I'm going to go lie down and decompress now. Long day.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Sheehan had someone on last week that talked about St Juste. The team prefers him playing the slot. Wanted him to stay there last year but had to move him outside. The team expects great things from him this year covering the slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Mayor Bowser will never give the Redskins a DC stadium. We can hope
Redskins returning is the longest of long shots. Only chance is return with zero association with anything Indian. I’ll settle for Commanders going away.

Having said that, RFK site stadium is also a long shot regardless of the name. A lot of hoops to jump through. Also, if people think traffic getting in and out of FedEx is bad wait till they have to get in and out of the RFK site. The section of 295 by the stadium is literally hell on wheels. Same with the DC Armory metro station. I took the metro from a Monday night game against Dallas back in the day. It took a long time to get on a train to get home.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Redskins returning is the longest of long shots. Only chance is return with zero association with anything Indian. I’ll settle for Commanders going away.

Having said that, RFK site stadium is also a long shot regardless of the name. A lot of hoops to jump through. Also, if people think traffic getting in and out of FedEx is bad wait till they have to get in and out of the RFK site. The section of 295 by the stadium is literally hell on wheels. Same with the DC Armory metro station. I took the metro from a Monday night game against Dallas back in the day. It took a long time to get on a train to get home.
still holding out hopes for this:

wasres.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dan Snyder sold the team and I thought we were cursed to a lifetime of misery under Micro P and his family so I’ll never say anything is impossible but going back to Redskins feels about as close as you can get to no chance in hell of it happening.

I think they should just go with Warriors/Red Hawks/Red Wolves and bring back the old uniforms and fight song. Everything about the Commanders brand is tainted and the uniforms are dogshit. If they want to keep a black version for shits and giggles fine but get rid of the garbage they’re currently wearing.

New owner, new name, new uniforms, new stadium. The franchise is reborn a new, like a Phoenix from the ashes. Name then the Phoenix for all I care.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

On the one hand, half the country seems to be celebrating this Barbie summer movie marketing fad, so what does it mean when you call someone Barbie?

On the other hand, it was probably not meant as a compliment. And given the Redmander FC's recent and general history of sexist culture you probably have to hoist a few dumbasses on petards immediately to set the new tone.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

On the one hand, half the country seems to be celebrating this Barbie summer movie marketing fad, so what does it mean when you call someone Barbie?

On the other hand, it was probably not meant as a compliment. And given the Redmander FC's recent and general history of sexist culture you probably have to hoist a few dumbasses on petards immediately to set the new tone.

Yeah, is anything he said actually really insulting? Not really, in fact when I was younger most girls would have loved being called barbie or cheerleader. But in 2023 and with this team, man you had better understand where you are. If I had any online/media presence at all, this would be in the forefront of everything I said. I have to believe every sports media company has made this clear over and over to lay off the bar room jokes.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, is anything he said actually really insulting? Not really, in fact when I was younger most girls would have loved being called barbie or cheerleader. But in 2023 and with this team, man you had better understand where you are. If I had any online/media presence at all, this would be in the forefront of everything I said. I have to believe every sports media company has made this clear over and over to lay off the bar room jokes.

I would say it was probably MEANT to be insulting regardless of the recent popularity of the movie, as I tried to express before.

Was he riffing on celebrities showing up and he just joked that Barbie from the movie had arrived, like some kind of red carpet thing? That would be a bit less offensive.

But if he saw an attractive blonde woman and called her Barbie or a cheerleader just because of her appearance it's nothing more than a superficial reference to a well-known stereotype. It's dehumanizing to say someone is just a pretty children's doll, especially if they're a professional in another field.

Serious question: does the movie end the previous implications of calling someone Barbie? I haven't seen it. But even if it does I'm skeptical that this guy meant the comments to be empowering. He was probably just doing the locker/bar room crotch chatter thing like you said.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

My gut is similiar in that for some reason the RFK has some hoops will get complicated considering the political chessboard.

For VA I believe they will need to pony up. Depending on the upcoming elections a bit of a lets see what happens

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Sigh….Don G is is own worst enemy…..rando walks by, he comments stupidly and is shitcanned. This will be a lesson for the rest of the DC media. Keep it professional.

Didn‘t know who this tv personality was, but yeah, prototypical Barbie look for sure. I wonder if being called a cheerleader was the more insulting thing for a professional like that?

I would have suspended him. But that’s not the culture we live in now (nor do we know his standing before this with IHeart, he could have been a problem before and this was their out).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No thanks. If they’re going to trade an asset like Chase it needs to be for help on the OL.

Agree the OL has been neglected for years but Taylor is a guy who can make the OL better as an every down back that can break open the game via run or pass. Having that kind of elite threat in the backfield changed the calculus for the entire defense.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I would say it was probably MEANT to be insulting regardless of the recent popularity of the movie, as I tried to express before.

Was he riffing on celebrities showing up and he just joked that Barbie from the movie had arrived, like some kind of red carpet thing? That would be a bit less offensive.

But if he saw an attractive blonde woman and called her Barbie or a cheerleader just because of her appearance it's nothing more than a superficial reference to a well-known stereotype. It's dehumanizing to say someone is just a pretty children's doll, especially if they're a professional in another field.

Serious question: does the movie end the previous implications of calling someone Barbie? I haven't seen it. But even if it does I'm skeptical that this guy meant the comments to be empowering. He was probably just doing the locker/bar room crotch chatter thing like you said.
I have no idea if the movie makes "Barbie" look better, and I won't be seeing it any time soon to find out. As to your middle point I would have to listen to the comment in context to determine how bad it was. Neither looking like a Barbie doll or being a cheerleader is an insult in itself, so it really comes down to the context. Was he trying to throw a compliment and be funny? Was he just trying to "macho" by pointing out the pretty girl? Or was he trying to throw it as an insult that the only reason she was there was because she was eye candy? Lots of range in where his intended comment could have landed.

In the end, somebody in his position needs to understand as a NFL commentator, much less tied to Washington needs to stay clear of anything that could remotely be deemed sexist at all.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have no idea if the movie makes "Barbie" look better, and I won't be seeing it any time soon to find out. As to your middle point I would have to listen to the comment in context to determine how bad it was. Neither looking like a Barbie doll or being a cheerleader is an insult in itself, so it really comes down to the context. Was he trying to throw a compliment and be funny? Was he just trying to "macho" by pointing out the pretty girl? Or was he trying to throw it as an insult that the only reason she was there was because she was eye candy? Lots of range in where his intended comment could have landed.

In the end, somebody in his position needs to understand as a NFL commentator, much less tied to Washington needs to stay clear of anything that could remotely be deemed sexist at all.

Yes unspeakably dumb move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad