OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1690808377233.png

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
1690815785394.png

Shitty PS schedule (for me and my schedule)

1st game is on a Friday
2nd game is 10 days later on Monday
3rd game is 5 days later, our only weekend afternoon game

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Nice start to the season. In jail for reckless driving.

Sigh .. why would a judge not roll with a run of the mill plea deal. Its the commonwealth prosecuting it and they agreed to the deal, capping jail time at 8 days of traffic violation seems reasonable, even for VA.

Gut reaction .. judge wants his name out there and now it is Judge Sinclair.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sigh .. why would a judge not roll with a run of the mill plea deal. Its the commonwealth prosecuting it and they agreed to the deal, capping jail time at 8 days of traffic violation seems reasonable, even for VA.

Considering what Deshazor Everett went through…..maybe it’s time to send a message to chill out on the roads?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

114 in a 45 deserves jail time, IMO. Beyond dumb.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
114 mph in a 45 mph zone… struggling to come up with the words. Idiotic, selfish, and lucky all come to mind. At 114 mph your organs have a good shot of liquidating on impact if you got into a head-on collision. If you hit someone walking or on a bike they’re instantly dead and likely being mopped up off the highway.

Also, how do you even do that? 45 mph roads are normally 45 mph for a reason… curves, stop lights, stop signs, one way travel on each side, etc. Going almost triple that speed almost assuredly means he broke other laws. If that happened in MD he might be fine but VA does not f*** around with speeding citations.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
114 mph in a 45 mph zone… struggling to come up with the words. Idiotic, selfish, and lucky all come to mind. At 114 mph your organs have a good shot of liquidating on impact if you got into a head-on collision. If you hit someone walking or on a bike they’re instantly dead and likely being mopped up off the highway.

Also, how do you even do that? 45 mph roads are normally 45 mph for a reason… curves, stop lights, stop signs, one way travel on each side, etc. Going almost triple that speed almost assuredly means he broke other laws. If that happened in MD he might be fine but VA does not f*** around with speeding citations.
There are four lane highway like stretches of roads in VA that are 45 MPH limit but feel like regular 55 MPH highways. Not an excuse but it increases the temptation. It is crazy the amount of speeding in the VA side of the beltway after the hot lanes came in. On Saturday I was in the hot lanes in the inner loop heading towards Tysons going 75 in a 65 (my general rule max 10 mph over when cruising). I was regularly getting passed by cars in the regular 55 mph lanes who going more than 75.

Before the hot lanes there were some speed trap spots but now those really only work for those speeding in the hot lanes the other lanes are a free for all.

Random parked next to what looked like a brand new BMW M8. I was like nope still faster.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There are four lane highway like stretches of roads in VA that are 45 MPH limit but feel like regular 55 MPH highways. Not an excuse but it increases the temptation. It is crazy the amount of speeding in the VA side of the beltway after the hot lanes came in. On Saturday I was in the hot lanes in the inner loop heading towards Tysons going 75 in a 65 (my general rule max 10 mph over when cruising). I was regularly getting passed by cars in the regular 55 mph lanes who going more than 75.

Before the hot lanes there were some speed trap spots but now those really only work for those speeding in the hot lanes the other lanes are a free for all.

Random parked next to what looked like a brand new BMW M8. I was like nope still faster.
I’m the same….10 over usually unless I need to get on it…..very cognizant of that 80 mph mark…..I use my cruise almost everywhere now…..to reduce temptation.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I just don't understand, I drive the Loudoun County Parkway frequently as well as 28 and 7, and you'd never see me exceed 50 on a public highway like that especially one with constant intersections and stop lights. Heck the other day I drove that highway at 11 at night after the women's world Cup game and I was going 50 lol.

Why would anyone want to drive that damn fast.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't understand, I drive the Loudoun County Parkway frequently as well as 28 and 7, and you'd never see me exceed 50 on a public highway like that especially one with constant intersections and stop lights. Heck the other day I drove that highway at 11 at night after the women's world Cup game and I was going 50 lol.

Why would anyone want to drive that damn fast.
I drive that road a lot…..I’m sure I’ve hit 60 before, but 114 is madness….

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Driving, fast, is an adrenaline rush, it’s why there’s auto racing in just about every form imaginable.

Even more of a rush when you’re doing it in a car you built. As someone who exceeded the speed limit…excessively…too many times to count, I can understand.

However, as a person now older and more responsible, I cannot condone what he did, and where it was done. I was incredibly lucky in my speeding/street racing days, those days are long behind me. He was lucky too, hopefully he learned his lesson.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Yup, VA for sure has a lot of roads where the speed limit feels lower than it should be. I live off the GW Parkway (the prettiest stretch of road in northern VA, in my opinion, and a must-drive if you have a Jeep or convertible) and I frequently hit 60 or so when it’s a 45 mph zone. I also cruise at 10 mph above the speed limit unless I’m “chasing the rabbit” by following a car going faster than me.

I can’t imagine going 85 or 90 on those roads let alone 110+. You are one little bump or pot hole or an animal running in the street or a slight jerk on the wheel away from losing complete control at that speed. I love driving fast but I’m not interested in going “certain death for me and others” fast.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yup, VA for sure has a lot of roads where the speed limit feels lower than it should be. I live off the GW Parkway (the prettiest stretch of road in northern VA, in my opinion, and a must-drive if you have a Jeep or convertible) and I frequently hit 60 or so when it’s a 45 mph zone. I also cruise at 10 mph above the speed limit unless I’m “chasing the rabbit” by following a car going faster than me.

I can’t imagine going 85 or 90 on those roads let alone 110+. You are one little bump or pot hole or an animal running in the street or a slight jerk on the wheel away from losing complete control at that speed. I love driving fast but I’m not interested in going “certain death for me and others” fast.
This is why living in California and having roads like I-5 help for that “urge”.

Straightest damn road in the world, and never any cops. Only time in my life I’ve lived at 100mph and stayed there was on the Grapevine (term for I-5).

You can see everything in front of you for miles and miles. And going “only 80” makes you a road hazard!

Reactions: kicksavedave

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This is why living in California and having roads like I-5 help for that “urge”.

Straightest damn road in the world, and never any cops. Only time in my life I’ve lived at 100mph and stayed there was on the Grapevine (term for I-5).

You can see everything in front of you for miles and miles. And going “only 80” makes you a road hazard!
The only problem with “the 5” is that it’s always packed with traffic. In the off chance you’re on the 5 when there’s no traffic then yeah you can fly but some of the worst traffic I’ve ever sat in was in southern CA. Southern CA is when I finally made the switch from manual to auto because sitting in traffic with a stick shift is the worst.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

GW Parkway is super pretty. I don't know why people would speed on that there have been some brutal crashes on there back in the day.

My only temptation spot is the outer loop past braddock when it straightens out to 6 lanes for a mile plus before the springfield interchange. I remember when the covid shut down happened when I'd come back from my Dad's around 1am one time there was no one within a mile behind me or ahead when I had the Camaro.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

A couple summers ago I drove the 5 from SD to Sacramento and the stretch in the middle, Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, etc, is literally Thunderdome. I drive fast in general, I have no problem doing 90 when traffic allows. The cars there on that stretch were tailgating me while doing 80 and flashing their high beams to get me to pull over, or they would pass around on the right side. Then there are the 18 wheelers strugling to go 60 which creates this inchworm slowdown that makes people go insane. Traffic was dense, but everyone wanted to go 90+. Cars on the right would pull up and close the gaps so that the cars on the left couldn't cut them off to pass cars on the left. Cars on the left would also pull up and close the gap so that no one could pull in front of them. It was the craziest, mass road rage induced scene I've ever seen and it was 5 hours straight like this.

I love CA freeways when traffic is moving because it moves fast, but that stretch of the 5 is insane. I take 99 now when I head North.

• Love
Reactions: Ridley Simon

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
My policy is when I'm going 15+mph over the speed limit I will eventually move a lane over when it opens up a bit. But I won't necessarily be rushed.

Anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad