Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Canucks have been playing at a 112 point pace since BB took over 25 games ago. Nearly every play on the roster has seen a marked improvement in their game during this time. The Canucks certainly have their flaws, but are right in the mix for the 3rd divisional playoff spot, or wildcard, and have a lot of key pieces in place. I see no way that any impact player is dealt this season. I think it's far more likely that Boeser signs long term in Vancouver than it is that they trade him.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Holtz isn’t going anywhere period

I understand that online shiny new prospects are more valued on HF than actual legit NHLers but I'd imagine the Devils dont want to rebuild forever.

Boeser is only 3ish years older than Holtz.

Boeser is the finished product of Holtz and trading for him would eliminate any risk that Holtz doesnt pan out. Holtz is a great scorer but there are very much questions marks about his defensive game and play without the puck.

Trading for Boeser and signing him to a long term 6-7 year contract would be the smart and less risk play of Actual vs Potential.

I understand that the Devils are super excited about Holtz as he is having a great AHL season with 17 goals in 28 games for Utica.

but please put it into perspective that at the same age, Boeser had 29 goals 62 games in the NHL.

Again, Potential vs Actual, and only a 3 year age difference? I wouldnt be so quick to say that the Devils have taken Holtz of the table for Boeser.

Side Note:

Boeser and J Hughes line would just be absolutely filthy.

NjdPass

Jan 23, 2021
Sevo, Zacha, 1st 2023, Boqvist for Myers 25% retained, Boeser.

Thats IF you guys aren't in a playoff spot. You will get your somewhat replacement in Sevo and Zacha. The fisrt of 2023 because lets be real, Devs pick is too high at the moment. Bo is one of my favorite prospects because he just skates hard every game. I just think hes been snake bitten by playing for these Coaches that play him 10 games and than sit him for 30.

For the Devils, you need to overpay to get talent and we have the porspect pool depth to do this. Weve had 5 first rounders in the last 3 years to throw one away....If none of those pan out, I wouldnt even trust us picking agin. But, Myers is older but brings experience which this team needs.....I will take any experience lol. Obviously Boeser is the main piece here. Maybe Van can throw in a 3rd.

However, if yall making the playoffs and still want Boeser gone... I would do, Zacha, 1st 2023 , Tatar for Boeser. I am excluding Sevo because I think here Van is getting TWO RW that can score and gives them depth. Tatar does play hard, I was shocked at first. Thought he was going to be a player that coast. Also, I think the Devils can use Sevo in another trade to acquire more pieces.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Canucks have been playing at a 112 point pace since BB took over 25 games ago. Nearly every play on the roster has seen a marked improvement in their game during this time. The Canucks certainly have their flaws, but are right in the mix for the 3rd divisional playoff spot, or wildcard, and have a lot of key pieces in place. I see no way that any impact player is dealt this season. I think it's far more likely that Boeser signs long term in Vancouver than it is that they trade him.
Ya Boeser makes the Canucks better but it’s not about that. It’s a matter of icing the best team possible under the cap and it sounds like Boeser is the player that makes the most sense to move, his QO is high and he doesn’t have the wheels to play a,speed game like they want to play . Of course they would want to keep him but they might have to move on from him.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I understand that online shiny new prospects are more valued on HF than actual legit NHLers but I'd imagine the Devils dont want to rebuild forever.

Boeser is the finished product of Holtz and trading for him would eliminate any risk that Holtz doesnt pan out. Holtz is a great scorer but there are very much questions marks about his defensive game and play without the puck.

Trading for Boeser and signing him to a long term 6-7 year contract would be the smart and less risk play of Actual vs Potential.

I understand that the Devils are super excited about Holtz as he is having a great AHL season with 17 goals in 28 games for Utica.

but please put it into perspective that at the same age, Boeser had 29 goals 62 games in the NHL.

Again, Potential vs Actual, and only a 3 year age difference? I wouldnt be so quick to say that the Devils have taken Holtz of the table for Boeser.

Side Note:

The devils would try to offer a lot of different assets and packages before they would consider moving Holtz . I just don’t see it happening no matter how you look at it and how it makes sense to get a proven player for an unproven player.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
The devils would try to offer a lot of different assets and packages before they would consider moving Holtz . I just don’t see it happening no matter how you look at it and how it makes sense to get a proven player for an unproven player.

and thats fine, Canucks might even like those packages better than one that includes Holtz. All im saying is its ridiculous to say that Holtz shouldnt be off the table because he is having a great AHL season and has the potential to be what Boeser is when you can have Boeser himself.

Speaking of Boeser, I dont even think he has reached his peak yet and I think he still has room to grow himself. I trully believe that when its all said and done for Boeser he will have multiple 40 goal seasons under his belt.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Thats IF you guys aren't in a playoff spot. You will get your somewhat replacement in Sevo and Zacha. The fisrt of 2023 because lets be real, Devs pick is too high at the moment. Bo is one of my favorite prospects because he just skates hard every game. I just think hes been snake bitten by playing for these Coaches that play him 10 games and than sit him for 30.

For the Devils, you need to overpay to get talent and we have the porspect pool depth to do this. Weve had 5 first rounders in the last 3 years to throw one away....If none of those pan out, I wouldnt even trust us picking agin. But, Myers is older but brings experience which this team needs.....I will take any experience lol. Obviously Boeser is the main piece here. Maybe Van can throw in a 3rd.

However, if yall making the playoffs and still want Boeser gone... I would do, Zacha, 1st 2023 , Tatar for Boeser. I am excluding Sevo because I think here Van is getting TWO RW that can score and gives them depth. Tatar does play hard, I was shocked at first. Thought he was going to be a player that coast. Also, I think the Devils can use Sevo in another trade to acquire more pieces.

Canucks are not delusional for any playoffs this year. Rutherford has said, everything they are doing/going to do is about being ready in 2 years.

I'd accept the Sevo, Zacha, 1st 2023 for Boeser , Myers 25%

Good value both ways actually. good work.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Boeser's snipe from last night. Catch and release, picks off the top corner with minimal time and space.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007

Presumably that 2023 1st is unprotected? That's a fireable offense by Fitz.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Zacha and Boeser are not comparable at all please.

Outside of 50 good games last year, Zacha has basically been a bottom six forward his entire career.

Boeser has been a consistent top six forward from the moment he stopped on NHL ice.

There needs to be a huge + attached to Zacha's name, Acquiring Zacha would be the Canucks trying to get cheaper and plugging in the 3C spot if possible.

JimtheMagicalHamster

Jul 4, 2009

Side Note:

It's a 4 years and 11 months age difference, not "only 3ish." Holtz turned 20 just over three weeks ago. Boeser turns 25 in five days.

Boeser was playing at North Dakota at the same age (their respective age 19-20 season), not scoring 29 in 62 NHL games.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Boeser's QO makes a trade tricky. Plenty of teams would love to have two playoff runs with him, but at $7.5 mil for next season not too many have the cap space. Interest aside, Boeser does not make sense in NJ absent an extension. NJ isn't making the playoffs this season so finishing the season with them is meh. I'm sure they'd be happy to start next season with him, but absent an extension, he's a one year rental. If NJ flops again they are shipping him out next deadline. Frankly, if VAN can find a playoff team that can swing his QO and they can maybe get something close to the Coleman return (lower first and a good prospect) that, to me, seems like the best they will do sending him out and they should explore that. To NJ Boeser shouldn't be worth that much since he's a one year player right now. I don't see NJ sending out a high first, or high first value, for that. If VAN wants the cap flexibility they can sit on him until the TDL and if the NJ offer is the best one, so be it, but that doesn't sound exciting for VAN. I think the league will see a fair amount of good wings head to UFA over the next few years as teams won't want to pay them center money.

Reactions: Shakir ONeal

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
It's a 4 years and 11 months age difference, not "only 3ish." Holtz turned 20 just over three weeks ago. Boeser turns 25 in five days.

Boeser was playing at North Dakota at the same age (their respective age 19-20 season), not scoring 29 in 62 NHL games.

Boeser scored 4 goals in 9 games as a 19 yr old for Canucks and 29goals in 62 games for Canucks as a 20 yr old according to Hockey DB.

apologies if thats incorrect.

either way so Holtz 29 goals in 62 games next season?

Bottom line is, Boeser is what NJ hopes what Holtz can be if he pans out.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Boeser's QO makes a trade tricky. Plenty of teams would love to have two playoff runs with him, but at $7.5 mil for next season not too many have the cap space. Interest aside, Boeser does not make sense in NJ absent an extension. NJ isn't making the playoffs this season so finishing the season with them is meh. I'm sure they'd be happy to start next season with him, but absent an extension, he's a one year rental. If NJ flops again they are shipping him out next deadline. Frankly, if VAN can find a playoff team that can swing his QO and they can maybe get something close to the Coleman return (lower first and a good prospect) that, to me, seems like the best they will do sending him out and they should explore that. To NJ Boeser shouldn't be worth that much since he's a one year player right now. I don't see NJ sending out a high first, or high first value, for that. If VAN wants the cap flexibility they can sit on him until the TDL and if the NJ offer is the best one, so be it, but that doesn't sound exciting for VAN. I think the league will see a fair amount of good wings head to UFA over the next few years as teams won't want to pay them center money.

I would bet the farm and can almost guarantee that Boeser will not play next year at his QO offer salary.

Either Canucks sign him long term: somewhere around 6.75 mil for 6 years or they trade him to a team and allow them to negotiate a contract before making the trade official.

Boeser wants to sign a long term contract. He isnt going to risk not having a long term contract just so he can make 500-900k more for 1 year ( his QO year next year)

Reactions: My3Sons

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Zacha and Boeser are not comparable at all please.

Outside of 50 good games last year, Zacha has basically been a bottom six forward his entire career.

Boeser has been a consistent top six forward from the moment he stopped on NHL ice.

There needs to be a huge + attached to Zacha's name, Acquiring Zacha would be the Canucks trying to get cheaper and plugging in the 3C spot if possible.

The report from one of the insiders ( forgot who) during a radio hit is that the Canucks and Devils might be looking at a Zacha for Dickenson trade as the Devils are not interested in giving Zacha a raise and they like the contract certainty of Dickenson at 2.65 for 2 more years.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Side Note:

3is? :huh:

Boeser birth date Feb. 25, 1997
Holtz birth date Jan. 23, 2002

:skeptic:

Reactions: rangersfansince08

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Ya Boeser makes the Canucks better but it’s not about that. It’s a matter of icing the best team possible under the cap and it sounds like Boeser is the player that makes the most sense to move, his QO is high and he doesn’t have the wheels to play a,speed game like they want to play . Of course they would want to keep him but they might have to move on from him.
I'm not concerned about the QO. BB is not a 7.5+ mil player on a long term deal. Nobody is paying him that as a UFA, he know that, his agent knows that. His comparables as a 30/30/60 player put him in the 6-6.5 range, with most of those deals signed before the cap crunch.

I think the direction of the new management is pretty clear: We have to shed cap and rebuild our prospect pool. That doesn't neccesarily mean you have to deal from the top. We have other options than dealing our best players, it's just whether or not we can get that done.

I think you are more likely to see Rutherford deal guys like Hamonic, Pearson, Dickinson, maybe even Myers, than you are to dealing our top guys.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I would bet the farm and can almost guarantee that Boeser will not play next year at his QO offer salary.

Either Canucks sign him long term: somewhere around 6.75 mil for 6 years or they trade him to a team and allow them to negotiate a contract before making the trade official.

Boeser wants to sign a long term contract. He isnt going to risk not having a long term contract just so he can make 500-900k more for 1 year ( his QO year next year)

why hasn’t VAN hammered out an extension with him? They’d be best served keeping him I would think.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The report from one of the insiders ( forgot who) during a radio hit is that the Canucks and Devils might be looking at a Zacha for Dickenson trade as the Devils are not interested in giving Zacha a raise and they like the contract certainty of Dickenson at 2.65 for 2 more years.
I mean as a Canucks fan I’d likely make this deal… can’t imagine it would be one for one though. Dickinson hasn’t worked under our system.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
why hasn’t VAN hammered out an extension with him? They’d be best served keeping him I would think.

I think they are having internal discussions whether they move Boeser or Miller.

one of those guys will be moved to help improve the team whether on defence or elsewhere.

If the Canucks do move Miller, I think they keep Boeser and sign him to something like 6 years 6.5 mil per. Which I would be very happy with.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I mean as a Canucks fan I’d likely make this deal… can’t imagine it would be one for one though. Dickinson hasn’t worked under our system.

Something tells me the two teams are talking past each other.

NJ: we like Boeser and we can offer Zacha and a good if not great prospect.

VAN: thanks, we will think about it. In the meantime would you consider taking Dickinson and (lesser piece) for Zacha?

NJ: thanks we will think about it.

nobody calls anyone back and insiders run with what amounts to some idle tire kicking.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad