Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nonfactor

Jan 9, 2017
Baltimore
It would also give us a 2nd this year and two the following with our own.

I’d be willing to give Dickinson another year to prove himself. Some players have down years, is the Alien living up to his potential? not by a long shot. I swear we have the most feckless fan base in the NHL. If at that point, he doesn’t improve, then the brain trust can throw him into the pacific, or trade him for a used jock.

Feb 19, 2018
I’d be willing to give Dickinson another year to prove himself. Some players have down years, is the Alien living up to his potential? not by a long shot. I swear we have the most feckless fan base in the NHL. If at that point, he doesn’t improve, then the brain trust can throw him into the pacific, or trade him for a used jock.
You are getting the cap space to sign better players in that proposal, it’s almost like a redo.
8 million in cap space and if you can somehow get rid of Pearson and Hamonic that would free you up 14 million in cap space. You are also getting two NJ second round picks and get rid of Poolman. That would be a Homerun in my eyes.
Ryan Graves is exactly what we need more of.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
What about something like this.............

Boeser, Hamonic and the Canucks 2022 1st, which will be lower after trading Boeser

for

Zacha, Smith and your 2022 1st, which will be higher after adding Boeser and to a lesser degree, Hamonic

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
What about something like this.............

Boeser, Hamonic and the Canucks 2022 1st, which will be lower after trading Boeser

for

Zacha, Smith and your 2022 1st, which will be higher after adding Boeser and to a lesser degree, Hamonic
Zacha is putting up almost the same amount of points as Boeser this year and I presume nowhere near the offensive opportunities that Boeser does. A top young 21 year old defenseman who has yet to play a full season and moving back from 4th overall to 12th and decreasing your chances at first overall is not worth Boeser. He is on pace for around 53 points this year is an RFA and will be asking for 8 Million.
If we are making a deal based around Boeser and Zacha there is no chance Smith or our first is on the table.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Ok...........

Boeser, Hamonic, Halak and our 2022 1st

for

Severson, Foote and your 2022 1st

CaptainCanuck71

May 31, 2018
Trade Proposal:

Brock Boeser and Jack Rathbone to NJD

Ty Smith and Lucas Hughes to Vancouver

Canucks shore up their D. Devils get a bonafide goal scorer and young offensive D

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not saying that Zacha is on the same level as Boeser but if you look at their current stats for this year and include the fact that Boeser is clearly given more offensive opportunity to have better numbers, then I don't see why adding Smith or a first makes sense.
Boeser 43 14 13 27
Zacha 47 12 11 23

Is smith and/or a first really worth the upgrade?
You do know Smith is still only in his second year and has yet to play a full season and still has the potential to be a top pairing offensive defenseman? Lets not forget that Boeser is making $6 and is an RFA that is probably going to request $8 and currently not worth that.
I think you would be crazy to make a trade that involves Smith or a first

This would make sense if everyone had amnesia and forgot about anything that happened before this year.

Boeser played the previous 4 seasons at an average 69p pace over 82 games. That's 205p over 244 games. He's a proven top line RW, he's 24, and even if he flatlines from here he's a valuable asset.

Zacha played the previous 4 seasons at an average 39p pace over 82 games. That's 117p over 245 games. He's the same age as Boeser with none of the track record.

If you want to throw away everything that happened before this year and pretend Boeser is a 50p player and Zacha is a 40p player then be my guest, but don't expect Vancouver fans to line up to firesale their young talent at bargain bin prices.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Let me do you one better, why is Burns?

A right handed bear-tank that is still putting up comparable numbers to Karlsson.

My point was more that you don't need a Karlsson when you have a Burns, ie, you don't need a Smith when you have a Hughes.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This would make sense if everyone had amnesia and forgot about anything that happened before this year.

Boeser played the previous 4 seasons at an average 69p pace over 82 games. That's 205p over 244 games. He's a proven top line RW, he's 24, and even if he flatlines from here he's a valuable asset.

Zacha played the previous 4 seasons at an average 39p pace over 82 games. That's 117p over 245 games. He's the same age as Boeser with none of the track record.

If you want to throw away everything that happened before this year and pretend Boeser is a 50p player and Zacha is a 40p player then be my guest, but don't expect Vancouver fans to line up to firesale their young talent at bargain bin prices.
You make a valid point, but many times have players had some good seasons and peak early and one season is not an indication of what they have done or will do. But one season is current and is what is happening now. What are the issues? Was it Green? Linemates? Bad luck? Many factors that are involved in what made them better the seasons before. Who knows. I personally have no interest in him

Reactions: VancouverJagger

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
You make a valid point, but many times have players had some good seasons and peak early and one season is not an indication of what they have done or will do. But one season is current and is what is happening now. What are the issues? Was it Green? Linemates? Bad luck? Many factors that are involved in what made them better the seasons before. Who knows. I personally have no interest in him

The entire team was dying under Green and playing abysmally. Green was forcing a system that our players weren't suited for and the results speak for themself.

Boeser specifically has 18p in 22 games under Boudreau and looks much better overall, after putting up only 10p in 22 games under Green. His pace under Boudreau, ~67p/82 games, is almost exactly what he was averaging over the last 4 years.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
My point was more that you don't need a Karlsson when you have a Burns, ie, you don't need a Smith when you have a Hughes.

No, no, I gotcha. I'm funning you.

That has been the Canucks fans general view, with guys like Girardi, Lundkvist, Smith, Sandin, Dermott, Lambos and others being offered. All fine players and prospects, but they'd at best be a Karlsson being added to Burns, to use the lingo. That's without mentioning OEL, who is definitely more suited to that role then how we've used him most of this season.

Reactions: SensontheRush

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Smith is God awful a lot of the Devils losses can be attributed to his defensive play
The same could have been said about Quinn lasr season.
Smith obviously isn't on Quinn's level because of skating alone. But young players don't develop liniar. You should be familiar with this concept.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The entire team was dying under Green and playing abysmally. Green was forcing a system that our players weren't suited for and the results speak for themself.

Boeser specifically has 18p in 22 games under Boudreau and looks much better overall, after putting up only 10p in 22 games under Green. His pace under Boudreau, ~67p/82 games, is almost exactly what he was averaging over the last 4 years.
the devils have inept coaching, so we have to assume green production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad