Prospect Info: New Jersey Devils Draft Simon Nemec, 2nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So that would look something like

Siegenthaler - Hamilton
Luke - Marino
Bahl - Nemec/Vet RHD

???
I think I’d be okay with that. If it’s a problem, we can always go shopping during the season. It’s not like there’s a ton out there in free agency anyway.

Fitz has earned my full trust with the defense. He’s a man with a plan.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think I’d be okay with that. If it’s a problem, we can always go shopping during the season. It’s not like there’s a ton out there in free agency anyway.

Fitz has earned my full trust with the defense. He’s a man with a plan.

I agree on Fitz, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I wouldn't mind someone like Gudas on this team.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Sad there are no “full highlights”, Nemec made a few really nice plays that I would’ve liked to share, including a fantastic pass to split Canada’s D and spring a breakaway with 3 minutes left.

Nemec is quickly becoming one of my favorites right now. I just love how he plays the game.

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
I still wonder if he has more to offer in the upcoming WCH matches. Keep in mind that he flew in like 2 days ago, and it was kinda visible in the Slovak PP today for example. For me the most telling will be how he handles the games vs Switzerland and a possible QF matchup against a solid team.

Reactions: My3Sons

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I was in the Jiricek camp and it’s early but Nemec looks like the right pick to me now. The Carolina series really showed us the importance of a quick transition game. The argument can be made for adding more sandpaper (one of the reasons I liked Jiricek) but the game has changed….and we want to play fast!! So excited for Nemec!!!

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Adding 2 veteran Dman is all we can do this offseason. Remember we have Smith as our 6/7 option.
No we can’t really especially not if we’re expecting Nemec. We have 6 D spots locked up. Room for 1 more (veteran or Nemec). Technically 2 more if we decided to carry 8 D which I doubt and we wouldn’t be able to start Nemec and do that.

So that would look something like

Siegenthaler - Hamilton
Luke - Marino
Bahl - Nemec/Vet RHD

???
Smith will be back next year whether people think he should be or not. Has a year left

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I just translated the tweets with Google Translator. I’m pretty sure it means something to the effect of “I was one of the leaders/a leader in Utica” or “I had many responsibilities” in Utica. Translations are never 100% accurate with these tools.
Thanks for this. I was kinda sure the kid wouldn't have made such an arrogant statement. There had to be something lost in the translation.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I just translated the tweets with Google Translator. I’m pretty sure it means something to the effect of “I was one of the leaders/a leader in Utica” or “I had many responsibilities” in Utica. Translations are never 100% accurate with these tools.
The translation was correct

Nemec has a big mouth and likes to talk big about himself in interviews.

:hit:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nemec also said "the nation needs me" when he arrived in Riga.

:cool: He is very confident.
Kid’s a gamer! Also seems to be very attached to where he’s from, which is great! I had a hunch that playing in the WHC was very important to him. Happy the Devils let him go, Fitz doesn’t seem to not let guys go generally.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I was in the Jiricek camp and it’s early but Nemec looks like the right pick to me now. The Carolina series really showed us the importance of a quick transition game. The argument can be made for adding more sandpaper (one of the reasons I liked Jiricek) but the game has changed….and we want to play fast!! So excited for Nemec!!!
Has the game really changed?

For all the flash and speed of the Devils during the regular season, the four teams in the finals all play with a hard edge.

• Haha
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad