Confirmed with Link: Ned is back! 2x2.5m

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Through December 31st, Jarry had a .916 save% while he played in 24 of 34 games for the Penguins. I don't know why Sullivan has never thought "maybe I should ease Jarry's usage early in the season so he doesn't break down later in the season".
I mean, this is also true. But only one of these components can be removed from the roster and something gained from the experience.

Jarry is probably a much better goalie for any other team with a semblance of decent coaching, but he's also kind of burned a lot of bridges here, so I get why people want him gone.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I rip on Jarry and at this point I think it's pretty justified that I do.

But much like a ton of other players on this team... wouldn't surprise me if he did better elsewhere. But then again that's also kinda goaltenders in general. World beaters one month... swiss cheese the next.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Jarry could be a world beater with a change of scenery and if he gets a bit more rest. That's how I pitch it on the trade call.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
If we could get anything like the Markstrom return for Jarry, that'd be swell
Eh, New Jersey seems to be the only team willing to trade a 1st for a goalie, so I wouldn't expect anything close to that. (Last time was for Schneider, if I recall correctly).

That said, there having already been a couple of goalie moves mean that other teams that need a goalie are going to see their primary targets already moved, and may be a bit more willing to settle for someone like Jarry. I wouldn't expect much, but for the Pens, the real return would be getting out of that contract (assuming they don't bring back an other long-term contract with a similar cap hit in return).

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Oh great, Jarry's BFF is back to defend the "tired" choker with limey slang.

Anyone questioning TJ's lack of clutch is a:
Pillock
Blighter
Git
Ninny
Plonker
Prat
Tosser
Bedswerver
Canadian Dollar
Chav
Fopdoodle
Lummox
Numpty
Bugger
Cumberworld
Minger
Scrubber
Wazzock
Abydocomist
Afternoon Farmer
Oh look, dimwitted twat

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Jarry kinda sucks if he needs more rest than what he gets season by season.

He also sucks when he comes off extended breaks.

So... there's no winning there.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I think the one thing we can all agree upon is that Tristan Jarry needs to be moved. I don't have the idiotic petty reasons of "I just don't like him" which is beyond immature, but whatever. I don't think Ned signs the 2yr deal if Dubas didn't tell him that he was going to move on from Jarry or that they'd make the attempt to.

Now personally - I hope Jarry is moved so I can see how well he plays behind a team that has a better structured system and defense, which is basically most of the teams, the only other one that played an awful system like the Pens was just fired and hired as the Pens Assistant Coach, so that's fun.

The absolute asinine comments from - He blames others for losses (That was Murray not Jarry), or that he's arrogant (he's probably the most humble aw-shucks type on the roster, he literally goes back to the farm in Alberta and farms during the summer, that's a zero ego player). He's on a team that needs prime Roy and Brodeur to make up for the piss poor team in front of him defensively and a coach that doesn't understand breaks and rotation, it sucks to see the amount of hate he's getting which is just pathetic to see from the Pens fan base. We mock the Rangers, Isles, Caps, etc for being shitty fans, but I mean pot calling kettle black here with the bullshit I've read lurking.

Good for Ned, I hope Jarry is given a restart elsewhere soon to put to rest if he's a reliable starter or not. I am sure I know how it will go if he is successful away...

"Well, look at the team in front of him, even I could win 30 games behind that team."

Well no shit, a good team means your goalie has proper support and gets to do his job without having to do more than he's asked. It's no different than Malkin getting Bunting or Crosby needing Guentzel for the last few years.

Reactions: Giskard

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
When Jarry is playing well, he's a top 15 goalie.

The problem is consistency. He's too inconsistent and injured to be the guy in my opinion. I like the signing. I don't think they'll move Jarry, but it's a nice contingency plan in case he's bad.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Eh, New Jersey seems to be the only team willing to trade a 1st for a goalie, so I wouldn't expect anything close to that. (Last time was for Schneider, if I recall correctly).

That said, there having already been a couple of goalie moves mean that other teams that need a goalie are going to see their primary targets already moved, and may be a bit more willing to settle for someone like Jarry. I wouldn't expect much, but for the Pens, the real return would be getting out of that contract (assuming they don't bring back an other long-term contract with a similar cap hit in return).

If I'm the Wings, I definitely start inquiring about Jarry.

Reactions: Maninthebox87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad